Trimmer, or lawn mowing. a tool that can not be done in the household. At the same time, its reliability, efficiency and long service life depend on many factors. For example, the quality of fuel. This means that you need to choose the right oil for the trimmer, observe the proportions when adding to gasoline and the rules for refueling the device.
Which oil to choose
For the effective operation of the trimmer, it is necessary to select oil for two-stroke engines. This is due to the lack of an oil sump in such a device. The following classification is distinguished depending on the chemical composition of the oil:
- mineral. based on petroleum distillate, suitable for low-power equipment and with an air type of cooling, but requires frequent replacement and can only be used in good weather in the warm season;
- semi-synthetic. suitable for garden equipment with air and liquid type of cooling;
- synthetic. based on esters, do not require frequent replacement and can be used at any time of the year.
Oil for 2-stroke engines is characterized by good solubility and feature of complete combustion. For the trimmer, it is recommended to use a lubricant that is suitable for devices with an air cooling system. Most often on the package it is indicated that the oil is intended for gardening equipment and is marked TA, TV or TS. over, the last of them is most preferable.
If the consumption of engine oil during the summer season is planned to be large due to the presence in the garden arsenal of a chainsaw, brush cutter, lawn mower, it is advisable to buy 5 liters of oil at a better price. If it is necessary only to mix with gasoline and fill a single tool, then 1 liter will be enough.
Often, manufacturers of lawn mowers produce the right oil, so you can make your choice easier if you select the appropriate brand fluid.
What kind of gasoline to fill
Gasoline for the trimmer must be selected unleaded with a stroke number of 92 or 95. As practice shows, AI-80 gasoline can lead to damage to the device, which is a dubious saving.
The fuel must be fresh, that is, after purchase it can be stored for no more than 60 days.
Other factors affect the quality of the fuel, for example, the use of a special lubricant for lawn mowing and diluting it in a separate container. It is also recommended to use special canisters designed to store gasoline.
How to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil
It is necessary to breed gasoline for the trimmer in the correct proportion. An insufficient amount of oil can lead to poor lubrication of the lawn mowing elements, which contributes to rapid wear. In the event that the oil is more than expected, soot forms on the pistons and spark plugs. Carbon deposits on moving parts of the engine interfere with normal operation and lead to a speedy engine breakdown.
What proportion is required for a particular trimmer model can be found in the attached instructions. Most often, for 2-stroke gasoline engines of lawn mowers, the fuel mixture is used in a ratio of 50: 1, where 50 is part of the gasoline, 1 is part of the oil. That is, 20 ml of oil should be added to 1 liter of gasoline. The table will help you choose the right ratio.
To measure proportions correctly, use measuring tanks with a milliliter scale. For these purposes, a special canister with a double neck is perfect, it is designed for mixing and storage of oil gasoline. For example, oil can be filled with a medical syringe without a needle. Before mixing liquids, make sure that the tank for the finished fuel mixture is free of water, dust and particles of dirt.
Diluting gasoline with lubricant directly in the fuel tank is unacceptable; moreover, the proportion of oil and gasoline must be strictly observed. If you ignore this rule, then the operation of the trimmer motor may be unstable, because of which it will quickly fail.
It is not recommended to use plastic bottles or canisters for this purpose. This is due to the fact that gasoline has the ability to dissolve plastic, which means that part of the plastic can get into the fuel tank, which can lead to damage to the carburetor. Although there are special plastic canisters marked “flame”.
This will require:
- oil suitable for two-stroke engines with an air cooling system;
- canister, better metal;
- mixing tank, also better metal;
In addition to protective equipment, do not forget about the fire safety rules, because gasoline and engine oil are highly flammable:
- it is better to carry out work on the street in order to avoid the accumulation of gasoline vapors in the room;
- Do not smoke and create situations associated with the occurrence of a spark.
A mixture of gasoline and oil should be made as follows:
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into the container, add half the right portion of oil. Mix thoroughly, do this extremely carefully away from sources of open flame.
- Add the remaining oil to the trimmer gasoline and mix thoroughly again. Now the fuel can be poured into the trimmer’s fuel tank.
The mixture can be stored for no more than three months, so it is better to dilute gas in such quantity that it is enough for several uses.
How and how much to refuel
Refilling the trimmer fuel tank is easy. To do this, place the tank so that the lid is placed on top. The amount of fuel depends on the trimmer model. This information is indicated in the instructions, there is also a mark on the tank directly.
This can cause the fuel to spill over into the inlet pipe and fuel filter, which can cause engine damage or ignition of the fuel.
When refueling the trimmer, the following safety precautions must be observed:
- try to fill the liquid so that it does not spill, you can use a watering can for this;
- if the gasoline spills, then immediately wipe it off;
- Trimmer start should be started after the fuel tank is removed in a safe and secure place, preferably at a distance of more than 10 meters;
- with a long break between operations, drain the remaining fuel.
Video: What is the Proportion of Gasoline and Oil for Trimmer
The correct proportion and adherence to mixing and dressing technology will help extend the life of the trimmer. In this case, it is recommended to choose only a quality product of the corresponding brand.
- Standard proportions
- Mixing rules
- The consequences of a violation of the ratio
- How to choose for lawn mowers?
lawn mowers are a fairly common technique for controlling weeds in summer cottages, in household plots, on the road, and in housing and communal services. These devices have two more names. trimmer and lawn mowing. These units differ in their engines. The more expensive of them have four-stroke engines, all the rest are two-stroke. Of course, the latter are the most popular among the population, as it is both simpler in design and mass lighter and much cheaper than its four-stroke competitors. However, two-stroke models are inconvenient in that the fuel mixture for them must be prepared manually, withstanding a strict dosage between gasoline and oil. In four-stroke analogs, the mixing of these components occurs automatically, you only need to fill the gas tank and oil tank with the appropriate substances. Let’s look at the question of the correctness of refueling just the push-pull lawn mowers, since it depends on how efficient and long the operation of such an aggregate will be.
First of all, it is necessary to take into account the information recommended by the manufacturer, since in case of failure of the lawn mowers, you can make your claims to him, and not to an external source. If there is no instruction in the passport, and even more so if there is no passport, we recommend that you look for a different trimmer model from a more reliable seller.
For all other cases when you have a model of lawn mowers in your hands and there is no way to find out its technical features, there are standard proportions of the most likely components of the fuel mixture for a two-stroke engine. Mostly for these units, AI-92 grade gasoline and special synthetic oil are used, which contains a solvent for better mixing with fuel. Such oil evaporates slowly and has the ability to completely burn in the cylinder without leaving a deposit.
The standard ratio of synthetic oil to gasoline is 1: 50. This means that for 5 liters of gasoline you need 100 ml of oil, and in accordance with this, the oil consumption per 1 liter of gasoline is 20 ml. Knowing the amount of oil needed to dilute 1 liter of fuel, you can easily calculate any norms when preparing fuel for the trimmer. When using mineral oils, the ratio of 1: 40 is most often standard. Therefore, 25 ml of such oil will be required per 1 liter of fuel, and 125 ml per 5-liter canister.
When the lawn mowers are working, a person who has little experience in operating such a technique will easily find and correct the actual amount of oil needed for a particular model. It is only necessary to pay attention to exhaust gases (their color, odor toxicity), cycle stability, engine heating and developed power. details about what consequences from the wrong proportions of mixing gasoline and oil can be expected are covered in another section of the article. There are options for lawn mowing running on AI-95 gasoline. This should also be considered.
And now about how to mix components correctly. However, it will be more logical to start by analyzing common, but absolutely unacceptable errors that many owners of this mowing unit “sin”. The following actions are considered to be errors in mixing the fuel mixture.
- Adding oil to fuel already poured into the gas tank. Similarly, a homogeneous fuel mixture cannot be obtained. Perhaps it will turn out, if only then shake the trimmer for a long time. But hardly anyone will do this, given the severity of the unit.
- First pour oil into the mixing tank, and then add gasoline to it. Gasoline has a lower density than oil, so if it is poured to the oil, it will remain in the upper layer, that is, natural mixing will not occur. Of course, it will be possible to mix later, but energy will be required much more than if it were done the other way around. pour oil into the gasoline poured.
- Ignoring accurate measuring instruments to take the required volumes of ingredients used. In other words, diluting the amount of oil or gasoline “by eye” is a bad habit when operating motor vehicles.
- Take empty bottles from under drinking water to prepare the fuel mixture. Such containers are made from too thin polyethylene, which can dissolve with gasoline.
Given all of the above, we recommend using the following rules when mixing the fuel mixture for two-stroke trimmer engines.
- To use for storage of gasoline, oil, finished fuel mixture and its preparation only clean containers made of metal or special plastic.
- Use to pour gasoline into the dilution tank with a watering can to avoid spillage, and to add oil, use a measuring container with volume risks or a 5 and 10 ml medical syringe.
- First, pour gasoline into the canister to prepare the fuel mixture, and then oil.
- To dilute the mixture, only half of the planned volume of gasoline is first poured into the tank.
- Next, add to the gasoline the entire amount of oil required to prepare the mixture.
- Thoroughly mix the contents of the dilution tank. It is best to interfere by making circular movements with a tightly closed container. Do not mix fuel inside the canister with any foreign object, since it is not known what material this object is made of, what reaction it can enter with the ingredients of the mixture, how clean it is.
- The remainder of the gasoline is added to the mixed mixture and again thoroughly mixed.
- You can fill up the fuel tank of the lawn mowers with the prepared mixture.
It must be borne in mind that the finished fuel mixture should not be stored for more than 14 days, as it loses its properties, delaminates and evaporates, which leads to changes in the proportions, and hence the deterioration of the trimmer.
The consequences of a violation of the ratio
The working life of the engine of the motocosa depends on how accurately you comply with the proportions of the oil-gasoline mixture recommended by the manufacturer. The fact is that the fuel mixture enters the cylinders in the form of gasoline-oil mist. And the task of the oil composition is the lubrication of moving and rubbing parts and surfaces of various parts located in the cylinder. If it suddenly turns out that the oil is not enough, and somewhere it will not be enough to get enough, the parts in contact with dryness will begin to damage each other. As a result, galling, scratches and chips are formed, which will necessarily lead to complete or partial unsuitability of the engine (for example, it may jam).
In the opposite case, when too much oil enters the engine, it does not have time to completely burn out, settling on the cylinder walls and eventually turning into solid particles. coke, slag and the like. As you might guess, this also leads to engine failure. The most important thing that should not be allowed. even a single violation of the proportions in the direction of lack of oil. It is better to pour a little oil 10 times than not to add only 1 time. It often happens that this time is quite enough to break the engine.
How to choose for lawn mowers?
For two-stroke engines, the lawn mowers use AI-92 or AI-95 gasoline. Most often. the first of these. Information on this is necessarily available in the technical passport of the product. If for some reason it is not known exactly which gasoline the trimmer should work on, you can choose it by testing both brands of gasoline in action. There will be no global changes in the engine from this, but it is quite possible to determine which gasoline this or that model of the unit “loves” more. This will be shown by the developed power, and throttle response, and heating of the engine, as well as its stable operation at all speeds.
But with the proportions of oil to a certain volume of gasoline, it is much more difficult to determine. In this case, you need to know at least something about the manufacturer of the equipment. And already, according to standard proportions for this manufacturer, choose the proportion for a particular model taking into account the type of oil.
For instance, For Chinese low-power trimmers, two ratios are mainly used. 1: 25 or 1: 32. The first is for mineral, and the second is for synthetic oils. About the choice of standard proportions for lawn mowing European and American manufacturers in connection with the type of oil, we have already said. In the oil class for household trimmers, you need to use TV oil according to the API classification. For more powerful. TS class.
For the ratio of gasoline and oil necessary for lawn mowing, see the next video.