Trimmer, or lawn mowing. a tool that can not be done in the household. At the same time, its reliability, efficiency and long service life depend on many factors. For example, the quality of fuel. This means that you need to choose the right oil for the trimmer, observe the proportions when adding to gasoline and the rules for refueling the device.
Which oil to choose
For the effective operation of the trimmer, it is necessary to select oil for two-stroke engines. This is due to the lack of an oil sump in such a device. The following classification is distinguished depending on the chemical composition of the oil:
- mineral. based on petroleum distillate, suitable for low-power equipment and with an air type of cooling, but requires frequent replacement and can only be used in good weather in the warm season;
- semi-synthetic. suitable for garden equipment with air and liquid type of cooling;
- synthetic. based on esters, do not require frequent replacement and can be used at any time of the year.
Oil for 2-stroke engines is characterized by good solubility and feature of complete combustion. For the trimmer, it is recommended to use a lubricant that is suitable for devices with an air cooling system. Most often on the package it is indicated that the oil is intended for gardening equipment and is marked TA, TV or TS. over, the last of them is most preferable.
If the consumption of engine oil during the summer season is planned to be large due to the presence in the garden arsenal of a chainsaw, brush cutter, lawn mower, it is advisable to buy 5 liters of oil at a better price. If it is necessary only to mix with gasoline and fill a single tool, then 1 liter will be enough.
Often, manufacturers of lawn mowers produce the right oil, so you can make your choice easier if you select the appropriate brand fluid.
What kind of gasoline to fill
Gasoline for the trimmer must be selected unleaded with a stroke number of 92 or 95. As practice shows, AI-80 gasoline can lead to damage to the device, which is a dubious saving.
The fuel must be fresh, that is, after purchase it can be stored for no more than 60 days.
Other factors affect the quality of the fuel, for example, the use of a special lubricant for lawn mowing and diluting it in a separate container. It is also recommended to use special canisters designed to store gasoline.
How to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil
It is necessary to breed gasoline for the trimmer in the correct proportion. An insufficient amount of oil can lead to poor lubrication of the lawn mowing elements, which contributes to rapid wear. In the event that the oil is more than expected, soot forms on the pistons and spark plugs. Carbon deposits on moving parts of the engine interfere with normal operation and lead to a speedy engine breakdown.
What proportion is required for a particular trimmer model can be found in the attached instructions. Most often, for 2-stroke gasoline engines of lawn mowers, the fuel mixture is used in a ratio of 50: 1, where 50 is part of the gasoline, 1 is part of the oil. That is, 20 ml of oil should be added to 1 liter of gasoline. The table will help you choose the right ratio.
To measure proportions correctly, use measuring tanks with a milliliter scale. For these purposes, a special canister with a double neck is perfect, it is designed for mixing and storage of oil gasoline. For example, oil can be filled with a medical syringe without a needle. Before mixing liquids, make sure that the tank for the finished fuel mixture is free of water, dust and particles of dirt.
Diluting gasoline with lubricant directly in the fuel tank is unacceptable; moreover, the proportion of oil and gasoline must be strictly observed. If you ignore this rule, then the operation of the trimmer motor may be unstable, because of which it will quickly fail.
Video: What Oil is Right for an Echo Trimmer
It is not recommended to use plastic bottles or canisters for this purpose. This is due to the fact that gasoline has the ability to dissolve plastic, which means that part of the plastic can get into the fuel tank, which can lead to damage to the carburetor. Although there are special plastic canisters marked “flame”.
This will require:
- oil suitable for two-stroke engines with an air cooling system;
- canister, better metal;
- mixing tank, also better metal;
In addition to protective equipment, do not forget about the fire safety rules, because gasoline and engine oil are highly flammable:
- it is better to carry out work on the street in order to avoid the accumulation of gasoline vapors in the room;
- Do not smoke and create situations associated with the occurrence of a spark.
A mixture of gasoline and oil should be made as follows:
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into the container, add half the right portion of oil. Mix thoroughly, do this extremely carefully away from sources of open flame.
- Add the remaining oil to the trimmer gasoline and mix thoroughly again. Now the fuel can be poured into the trimmer’s fuel tank.
The mixture can be stored for no more than three months, so it is better to dilute gas in such quantity that it is enough for several uses.
How and how much to refuel
Refilling the trimmer fuel tank is easy. To do this, place the tank so that the lid is placed on top. The amount of fuel depends on the trimmer model. This information is indicated in the instructions, there is also a mark on the tank directly.
This can cause the fuel to spill over into the inlet pipe and fuel filter, which can cause engine damage or ignition of the fuel.
When refueling the trimmer, the following safety precautions must be observed:
- try to fill the liquid so that it does not spill, you can use a watering can for this;
- if the gasoline spills, then immediately wipe it off;
- Trimmer start should be started after the fuel tank is removed in a safe and secure place, preferably at a distance of more than 10 meters;
- with a long break between operations, drain the remaining fuel.
The correct proportion and adherence to mixing and dressing technology will help extend the life of the trimmer. In this case, it is recommended to choose only a quality product of the corresponding brand.
- Which oil to use to lubricate the saw chain
- How to lubricate the saw chain
Among all the consumables used for the saw tool, chain lubrication oil occupies the first position, both in the frequency of use and the importance of the application. A good oil not only facilitates the work with the device, but also extends the period of its use for years.
Which oil to use to lubricate the saw chain
Incorrectly selected oil reduces the effectiveness of the tool and increases its wear by 7-10 percent. The oil for the saw chain must be selected based on the recommendations of the device manufacturer. Russian companies claim that their saws work with lubrication with conventional domestic automobile oils. In contrast to them are foreign manufacturers.
Chain saw lubricants
Fine tuned equipment only works with adapted oil formulations. So, some brands produce oils for a specific brand of saws, as evidenced by the inscription on the package. They provide perfect lubrication of the saw chains and tires. over, they have additional components in their composition.
Oils of many manufacturers are used to lubricate the saw chain and saw tires, the most common are:
- UZFAM oil. for work in any external weather conditions, well protects from wear, and corrosion;
- Oleo-Mac OM Polar Lube oil. on a mineral basis with high viscosity, protects well from wear and corrosion;
- Oleo-Mac OM Eco Lube oil. not containing mineral oils, sulfur, has high lubricating properties, antiwear with high viscosity, oxidation-resistant;
- Husqvarna Chain Oil is a branded oil that reduces the heating temperature of the chain and reduces wear of chain links, teeth, and the guide bar, maintains its low viscosity even at very low temperatures, and performs its functions even when water enters it;
- AL-KO oil. is used for chains of electric and chainsaws, maintains its low viscosity even at very low temperatures, reduces the heating temperature of the chain as a result of friction;
- CHAMPION oil. universal, adhesive, used to lubricate the chain and tire, provides good lubrication, and viscous additives and special additives reduce the abrasion and oxidation of the metal of the saw chain.
How to lubricate the saw chain
There are models that automatically lubricate using a special integrated system. But because of their high cost, you have to resort to other methods, the lubrication of the saw chain and tires is performed using a grease gun, syringe, brush or spatula for a more viscous oil.
Saw tire groove oil
Some manufacturers recommend using an oil bath for chains for a long break in use to prevent corrosion and rust. To do this, you will need any small-sized container into which a layer of oil covering the product is poured onto the bottom. To prevent dust and debris from entering, the container is covered with a lid or film for the period of preservation.
In addition, the chain requires lubrication before each subsequent use of the tool. It is done only when the power is turned off. Before lubricating, the chain must be loosened and then lubricated. Hands will need protection (gloves), since applying oil to lubricate the saw chain can injure yourself on the links and blades.