It is not uncommon for owners of chainsaws to face their breakage and it doesn’t matter which model of this kind of equipment is, as the nature of breakdowns is almost the same. Well, here’s a chainsaw stalled and what’s next? Undoubtedly, it is possible to attribute the equipment to specialized services, which, for a fee, will repair your ” iron friend.” But as they say: why pay more?
After all, you can personally disassemble the tool and repair it, since the breakdown may be insignificant, and when you pay for it, you will pay a lot. But naturally, to bring the tool back to life, you need to be able to understand the reasons for its failure and how to troubleshoot. So let’s learn! In this article, you can find answers to questions regarding situations where the instrument stalls after pressing the gas directly. So let’s get started.
The main elements of chainsaws.
Before we begin to delve into the issues of breakdowns and repair of the tool, let’s first understand what the chainsaw itself consists of. First of all, I would like to note that this tool belongs to the category of equipment whose work directly depends on the internal combustion engine.
It is also important that chainsaws equipped with a single cylinder engine, and whose work is produced on this kind of fuel like gasoline. It is worth noting that, despite the similarity with other tools, it does not have a gearbox. And it is replaced by a kind of chain single-stage transmission, through which the movement of the chain itself (saw).
In fact, a chainsaw is a fairly simple design, but this does not prevent it from being reliable, practical and able to fully ensure the immediate, uninterrupted and cyclical operation even in fairly difficult conditions. This tool consists of a huge range of certain elements “vital” for its proper and productive work. It is a carburetor, a device for direct tensioning the chain, a tire equipped with a chain and other elements.
Before buying chainsaws, be sure to explore all the options, and select the appropriate brand of chainsaws. To make your choice easier, we have compiled a chain saw the rating for you. If you have a limited budget, then read the article about the Russian chainsaw manufacturers.
Characteristics and possible causes of failure. Do-it-yourself problem resolution.
Chainsaws are a fairly reliable and simple design. Therefore, if you properly care for them and treat them based on the manufacturer’s recommendations, then they break down well, very rarely and various failures are quickly eliminated. But if you are faced with this situation and want to repair your instrument without the help of professionals personally, then delve into the information presented below.
In fact, it is impossible to determine the exact reason for why the tool does not start. or stalls when you press the gas, as there are a lot of factors affecting it. But do not forget that based on the fact that the chainsaw is equipped with a simple two-stroke engine, for its effective performance are important conditions such as lubrication, fuel, spark and air.
Consequently, the carburetor is directly involved in preparing the fuel-air mixture, the filter cleans the air from dust, the ignition unit and the spark plug create a spark, and there is a lubricant in gasoline.
That is why it is necessary to search for the causes of this kind of damage in sequential order, starting directly from simple ones and gradually moving to complex ones. And this is an important factor in proper repair, since the person who, without thinking it over, begins to work on the analysis of the carburetor, brings it to risk. Since this kind the node must be repaired or regulated directly in special workshops
- Important is the fact that for trouble-free operation of the instrument, you must be careful about the fuel. Since if such a mixture is not prepared correctly, most chainsaws will not start. Consequently, not every owner will guess to look for the cause of a breakdown in the fuel. That is why for your tool to always work properly, you need to use only high-quality gasoline for the mixture.And also use only the oil that is made by the manufacturer of your tool. Also, it is important to prepare this kind of mixture in the amount that you use in one or two weeks, but not more (see the proportion of gasoline and oil for chainsaws). As otherwise, keeping the mixture directly in the canister will cause it to lose all of its octane properties, and this will lead to significant problems with the tool.
- Also the cause of the breakdown can be direct gulf candle mix at the moment when the mechanism is running. It is necessary to turn out and dry the candle to solve this problem but remember that it is impossible to calcine it in any case. Excess fuel must be drained through the hole (candle), wait 20-30 minutes, then install it in place and try again to start the tool.
- Chainsaw stalls when you press the gas because no spark. It can happen when there is no good contact between the tip of the candle and the wire (high voltage). However, if this kind of connection works correctly, but the spark is still missing, then the entire cause is an ignition unit (electronic). It is important to note that this kind of parts can not be repaired, so they can only be replaced. Do not forget that by inspecting the candle you can get significant information regarding the failure of the chainsaw. As if its surface is dry, the reason for this is a cylinder into which fuel is not directly supplied. That is why you have to step by step check the entire range of its filing. If the candle is all black, it means that the carburetor does not work properly, that is, it supplies either a lot of fuel, or it pours oil directly into gasoline.
- Since, for example, Stihl chainsaw stalls when you press the gas for a simple reason, namely, a simple clogging of the direct breather. To solve this kind of problem, all you have to do is disconnect the hose (fuel) from the carburetor and pay attention to whether the fuel is flowing out of it. As if the mixture flows with a full-fledged jet, this means that the breather is not contaminated, and if, on the contrary, the cause of the breakdown is found.
- Here is another reason why chainsaw stalls when you press the gas. muffler. It is this part that can interfere with the full operation of the instrument in cases where it is contaminated directly with exhaust resinous deposits. To do this, you need to clean it.
- Often enough chainsaw partner stalls when pressed and the reason for this is cylinder piston group. Since by inspecting them, namely the piston and cylinder, it is possible to easily determine the cause of a malfunction of the instrument by directly replacing them. You can also make direct boring of the cylinder itself relative to the size of the new piston.But if, after inspection, you find that there is no damage to either the piston or the cylinder, then the reason may lie directly in the rings (piston). For this kind of check, it is necessary to insert the piston into the cylinder and gently start to swing it using the connecting rod. If suddenly you feel a backlash then the rings need to be replaced, since they have already worn out.
- Many people ask: why does a chainsaw stall when I press on the gas? The answer may also lie in insufficient chain lubrication (see oil for chainsaw chains), as the oil pipe may leak, or direct channels may be clogged. That is why pay attention to the chain because if it is dry, without delay, clean the channels that supply oil directly to the tool bus. After that, inspect in detail the parts where the oil pump connectors are connected to the tubes. But if you notice that the oil in the joints is leaking, or you have found cracks in the tubes themselves, then in the first case, seal the leak points with a sealant, and the tubes will have to be replaced.
First of all, what you should remember when purchasing such a tool is the fact that certain parts of the saw must be replaced with new ones after their service life has expired (passport). It is for this reason that the instruction should always be at hand with you since everything is described there in a detailed manner.
Such details include: sprocket (driving), tire, part of the system (anti-vibration), as well as a chain. Since we should not forget that if this “stuffing” is not changed to a new one at the required time, then these worn parts will negatively affect the other parts of the chainsaw. For this reason, quite often do check the depth of the direct development of teeth. Remember that it should not be higher than a week 0.5 mm.
Every item we buy has its expiration date and sooner or later it breaks down and how it becomes offensive when the degree of its breakage is so great that it cannot be repaired. But you must admit that quite often we are simply negligent about the technology (see about proper operation and how to cut the tree correctly so that it falls in the right direction), and when it stops working, then we try to find ways to eliminate the breakdowns, turning into a huge number of services.
But remember that even though the equipment breaks down, we can prolong its “life”. All that is needed is to take care of it, do a run-in after replacing parts (how the chainsaws run-in read here) and keep its parts clean and tidy. And then, undoubtedly, it will serve for many more years. Also important is the use of exclusively high-quality parts and “additives” (see tips for chainsaws). Then your equipment will work smoothly, and you forget what repair is.
We also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Stihl chainsaw 180 ms.