The owner of the suburban area can not do without a lawn mowing or trimmer. But in the process of its operation, situations may arise when this unit for some reason ceases to start. And there can be many reasons for this. Let’s find out why a gas trimmer does not start.
Why the trimmer does not start. the reasons
To determine why the gas trimmer does not start well or stalls constantly, it is necessary to consistently check the operation of all the main components of the unit. It is especially important to do this after prolonged storage of lawn mowers. So, the main reasons for this trimmer behavior are as follows:
- The culprit for the fact that the lawn mowing does not start may be poor-quality oil-gasoline fuel mixture. It must be prepared strictly according to the instructions. Saving here is not at all appropriate, since it can lead to failure of the entire piston group of the trimmer. Do not cook too much fuel mixture, as excess gasoline will lose its quality over time.
- You should be aware that gas trimmers of brands such as Stihl, Husgvarna and some others will not start if they are filled with cheap gasoline with a low octane rating. Therefore, for such units it is necessary to use only high-quality high-octane fuel.
- If the trimmer stalls immediately at start-up, then it may have a candle in it. In this case, it is necessary to unscrew it and dry thoroughly for half an hour. Then drain the excess fuel that is in the chamber, clean the candle from soot, put it in place and try to start the lawn mowing.
- If your new gas trimmer does not start, the cause may be a lack of spark. And this happens because the nest where the candle is located is dry and the fuel does not light up. Lightly moisten the threaded connection of the candle with a few drops of gasoline.
- The gas trimmer may stall due to clogged air or fuel filters. It is best to replace such items with new ones.
- The exhaust duct and breather can also become clogged. After cleaning these trimmer elements, you can start the unit without any problems.
- Another reason why the gas trimmer does not start, even when there is a spark, may be a clogged carburetor. To clean the channels and jets, it is necessary to blow them with compressed air using a compressor. You can use to clean the carburetor and special flushing.
- If the carburetor gaskets are worn, they must be changed. And in case of violation of the tightness of this device will have to determine the faulty part of the carburetor and replace it.
- The trimmer may not start due to wear on the piston group. However, it is better to change such parts of the lawn mowers at the service center.
- Why doesn’t the trimmer (gasoline) start?
- Doesn’t Start Trimmer Petrol Causes Video
- Some reasons
- The main thing is the fuel mixture!
- Carry out a cold start correctly!
- Why doesn’t the lawn mow? Trimmer fault diagnosis
- Does not start on a cold trimmer. eliminate the cause
- And again the carburetor.
- Doesn’t Start a New Trimmer Petrol Causes
- How not to get confused if the lawn mowing does not start
- Elimination of the reasons why the lawn mowing does not start
- Carburettor Adjustment
- Proper chainsaw care
Why doesn’t the trimmer (gasoline) start?
Why doesn’t the trimmer (gasoline) start?
Because he worked his way. Why, this question can have any number of answers. Bad fuel is far from an argument. Maybe a person does not know how to use it, so it does not start correctly. No fuel arrives, the candle is broken, the wires are broken, it hasn’t been turned on, it cannot be used, the trimmer is burnt / broken, but there are still some reasons. There is still such a hand-hooks.
Reasons why gas trimmer does not start, maybe a few.
If the trimmer does not start or immediately stalls after start-up, then the problem may be in the fuel tank (namely, in the quality of the fuel), in the candle and in the holy channel, in the air or fuel filter, in the breather or the exhaust channel.
Video: Why Doesn’t Trimmer Spark Have
1). Be sure to check the availability, and most importantly, the quality of the fuel mixture before starting the trimmer.
2). The trimmer may not start or stall with a filled candle. It will need to be unscrewed and wiped.
It is necessary to dry the candle channel for at least 3040 minutes. Otherwise, a new candle can also be filled.
3). If the trimmer starts without an air filter, then it is better to replace the old filter with a new one.
4). The trimmer may not start if the fuel filter is dirty.
5). The trimmer may also start due to contamination of the breather.
Also, the cause may be dirt getting into the exhaust channel or clogging of the silencer mesh.
A gas trimmer may stop turning on for several reasons at the same time.
Firstly: Try to clean the carburetor. if it is dirty, the mower will break.
Secondly: Vacuum may form in the barrel. If so, try making a small click in the barrel lid.
Thirdly: Check the trimmer setting.
There are several reasons why the trimmer will not start. I will list the main ones:
- bad fuel. For each trimmer model, you need gasoline with a specific octane rating. Refer to the instruction manual and make sure that you fill in the required one.
- filled candles. At the same time, I advise you to check the candles for performance. Sometimes even new (in the box) candles can be inoperative or defective.
- the fuel mixture does not enter the carburetor. Pump her up a bit.
- ignition coil out of order.
- muffler clogged. It is necessary to free him from soot. To do this, carefully disassemble and clean (you can burn it on a gas burner).
Usually trimmer we have did not start after the winter, and we used to take the trimmer to the workshop almost every spring, where we fixed it. But, once, a knowledgeable person advised us first of all, never to leave gasoline in the trimmer for the winter, because old gasoline may be the reason that the trimmer does not start, and he also said that it is necessary to pump the carburetor with fuel mixture for the trimmer plant. After we began to comply with these rules, our problems with the trimmer disappeared.
First of all, you can see the candle. If necessary, replace it, making sure that the candle is not broken and gives a normal spark. The next problem will be hiding in the fuel system. As mentioned above, we check for leaks, then check the fuel filter, and change if necessary. We clean the carburetor, look at the effect. It may be necessary to delve into the ignition system, adjust. To check the fuel system, you can pour a few grams directly into the cylinder through the screw screw holes, screw the candle in and try to start it. At least the trimmer should emit sounds of a running engine within 1-2 seconds and a little smoke should fly out of the muffler.
If the trimmer does not start at all, or immediately stalls after starting, then you first need to look for the cause in the main components and assemblies, for this you need to check in the following sequence, so here is this sequence:
These nodes basically can be the whole problem.
Doesn’t Start Trimmer Petrol Causes Video
What to do when petrol trimmers won’t start?
A gas trimmer is a surprisingly necessary tool with which you can cut out not only a small clearing in front of the house, but also a large lawn. There are several if the trimmer does not start, or immediately making sure that the candle is not broken. Unfortunately, in this world there is nothing endless, and therefore you may be faced with the fact that petrol trimmers do not start.
It often happens that users of such machines try to “save” by pouring into the tank not fuel with the usual octane number, but something incomprehensible that has been in a plastic canister for almost a dozen years.
The main thing is the fuel mixture!
In this case, the remnants of the plastic dissolved in the brutal medium do so terrible things in the combustion chamber that you just can’t do without completely sorting out the mechanism. But you certainly remember forever how to properly store fuel.
What is there to do when the fuel was exactly normal, there is a spark, but the gas trimmer does not start? It’s possible that you just filled the candle with gasoline. In this case, it must be turned out, wiped with a clean cloth and dried. In general, when the trimmer began to act up and stall, why the trimmer does not start. By the way, it’s not out of place to check the candle itself for operability.
Carry out a cold start correctly!
Read the same
Often petrol trimmers do not start after they are tried to be “commissioned” after prolonged storage. But since this happened a gas trimmer will not start the spark plug. Failure to start in this case is often due to incorrect user actions.
If you are faced with precisely this phenomenon, then during a cold start you need to close the shutter, and then pump a small amount of the fuel mixture into the carburetor. Then pull the starter handle until you feel resistance, and then start the trimmer with sharp and vigorous movements.
Why not start up lawn mowing? Trimmer fault diagnosis
In this video, we will try to consider the main malfunctions that occur during the operation of the motorcycle.