Reasons why the chainsaws start and stall
Basil for a long time is not a luxury, but a necessary tool for those who have a country site or home ownership. But, like any other technique, this tool has the ability to fail, despite a simple device.
The classification of the main malfunctions includes:
- The complete absence of engine plant
- The engine starts and stalls
- Unstable work of the tool
- Stop work at load
- Loss of power.
If the chainsaw does not start at all, the reason may be as follows:
- Manufacturing defect
- Lack of fuel
- Problems with the launch of the ignition system
- Lack of spark from the spark plugs
- Poor.quality fuel mixture
- Clothing carburetor
- High.voltage wire problems
- Lack of compression.
Why is the chainsaw starts and stalls, what to do in this case? It is necessary to consider in detail the reasons for this.
The chainsaw starts and stalls: reason, video
The reason that the chainsaws may stall immediately after the plant lies in the problems of a certain part of the equipment.
- The most banal reason why the chainsaws started and stalled is a low fuel level in the tank. Confirmation of this may be the stop of the tool when tilted, when fuel remains accumulate in a certain place of the fuel tank. With poor.quality fuel, a problem with the operation of the chainsaw may also arise, in this case it is necessary to completely replace it.
- Blockage of the saopun, which significantly reduces the fuel consumption to the engine.
- Insufficient contact of the cap with a candle, which leads to a strong heating of the candle insulator. Contact deterioration may occur due to mechanical shift or soot.
- Damage to the spark plugs.
- The muffler blockage, due to which the output of the exhaust gases, leading to the stopping of the engine operation, deteriorates. For this reason, a chainsaw can start and stall at idle. The sediment in the muffler can also appear due to poor-quality fuel or improper operation of the tool.
- Bad adjustment of the carburetor.
- Damage to the piston group
- Problems with a fuel filter or pump. In this case, gasoline can flow through the pump or poorly flow through the fuel filter to the carburetor. As a result, the chainsaws start and stall with an increase in speed.
- Air filter pollution. Problems with this element of equipment lead to the fact that, with increased loads on the engine, he simply does not cope with them due to blockage and stops. A similar result is also obtained with an increase in speed.
- Closing the chain due to the absence or insufficient amount of lubrication, as well as problems with the brake of the chain.
The engine stalls
The engine started, but at idle or at a load of a chainsaw stalls stalls. In this case, the same actions should be performed most often that described above.
How to adjust the chainsaw depends on when the problems begin:
Stalls immediately after launch:
- The fuel mixture is prepared incorrectly, there is too much oil in it, so the octane number of gasoline is less than it should be, so the chainsaw works only on the suction or immediately stalls.
- Feast on the spark plug or the wrong gap between the candle and the wire.
He stalls and does not work at idle:
- The muffler clogged. It is necessary to clean from soot.
- The settings of the carburetor were lost. It is required to adjust the idle on the chainsaw. It is performed using adjusting bolts that label L and H. How to adjust the idle passage, see the article about the adjustment of the carburetor.
Stalls at maximum speeds and works only on leaks
- Cut an air or fuel filter. You need to clean and check the seals.
- The saapun is clogged and because of this does not come fuel and the pumping of gasoline on the chainsaw does not work. Take the needle and carefully clean the bacon.
- Fault of the gasoline pump. Remove the pump and check if gasoline applies from it. If it oozes, replace the sealing gasket or the pump itself.
Basil does not saw under load and stalls
- The air filter is clogged. You need to get a filter, clean or even rinse, dry and install it back.
- Incorrect proportion. Drain the fuel and mix oil and gasoline in the correct proportion.
The algorithm for calibration and safety precautions when eliminating the malfunctions of the carburetor of the chainsaw
Carburetor adjustment is performed in two stages:
For the basic adjustment, it is necessary to wrap the screws h and l until it stops and turn back for 1.5 turns. The finish adjustment requires the engine to be warmed up for 5-10 minutes at low speeds.
The finish calibration is performed by turning the idle screw until the minimum engine speed is reached (its work should be stable and the chain. motionless). If the engine stops at idle, the screw must be returned back, and if the saw chain is still set, you should continue to turn counterclockwise.
Calibration check is performed by test:
How to Use a Chainsaw | Chainsaw 101
- Accelerations (when smoothly pressing the accelerator, the engine should quickly gain momentum to the maximum indicator).
- The maximum number of revolutions (in the presence of interruptions in the ignition, the screw h should be slightly loosened).
- Work at idle (the chain should not move, and the engine should gain speed as quickly as possible).
If the owner of the chainsaw is not familiar with the device of the carburetor and does not have the necessary tool for its calibration, you should consult a specialist. The carburetor is a very complex node, so any incorrect action can lead to irreversible consequences, for example, the complete failure of the engine.
Why stalls the chainsaw
If the chainsaws start and stall, the reasons can be different. An external inspection should be carried out before attempts to fix the tool.
If the saw stalled during operation, you should check the presence of a mixture of oil with gasoline in the tank. If the fuel mixture is over, the device will not work. In those situations where gasoline still remained, the quality of the tool should be evaluated until the moment of is turned off. The occurrence of extraneous sounds and the subsequent sharp stop should alert.
The formation of soot on electrodes can also cause difficulties in the operation of the tool. Carefully inspect the device, clean if necessary.
When pressing gas
In cases where the chainsaw stalls when you press the gas, you should check the silencer and the fuel filter. A possible cause of problem is a violation of the tightness of the fuel hoses. In some cases, the addition of revolutions helps.
Sometimes checking all the details does not give a result, the tool is suffocating, zooiling when gas is added. If the device stalls when a person presses gas, it is possible to supply fuel in insufficient amount for normal operation. This phenomenon occurs due to clogging of the carburetor or filter.
Damage can occur due to clogging with air filter dust. When you give gas, the device stops working. Do not eliminate the problem yourself, since each model has individual characteristics.
Calling may cause failure or lack of lubrication on the chain of the chainsaw. If the circuit is dry, the channels should be cleaned through which the oil is supplied to the device tire. If the oil proceeds, the presence of cracks, defects on the pipes is noted, you need to treat them with sealant.
In situations where the device stalls at load, the problem can be with a gas tank or filters. Check the quality of the fuel and change the filter.
Often the saw does not gain momentum due to the fact that the mixture flooded in the gas tank has a low octane number. There is not enough power, sufficient heating does not work, the chainsaw stalls under load.
Often, malfunctions of the component parts lead to the fact that the device stalls under load. You should check for the presence of a sucker hoses, seals, gaskets. If the details are faulty, you can try to fix them or replace them.
In cases where the chainsaw is started and immediately stalls, the fuel is not enough, the device does not heat up. Turn the device
It is important to use a suitable mixture. Different types of fuel are better suited for different models
It is necessary to familiarize yourself with the instructions, recommendations, reviews of people whose device works normally.
In those situations where the chainsaw stalls at idle speeds, it is necessary to examine the state of the muffler. If the part is polluted, the spent gases are poorly displayed, the engine cannot continue to work, stops.
The saw stalls idle and in cases where the carburetor is incorrectly configured. It is better for beginners to fix the repair to specialists, since there is a chance of incorrect setup, because of which the tool will not be able to work. Tachometer is required to adjust the carburetor.
At high speeds
If the device stalls at high speeds, pay attention to the state of gasoline and air filters, the serviceability of the fuel hoses
Polluted air filter can be washed under warm running water
It is important to thoroughly dry the part before installing it so that the water does not violate the serviceability of the tool
If the liquid stops flowing through the fuel hose, it clogged. You can clean the part or replace with a new.
In cases where the saw stalls at large speeds, but the liquid flows through the hose, and the air filter is clean and working, look for the cause of the breakdown in the fuel filter. Install a new one in its place or clean.
In some cases, the problem is hidden in a gasoline pump. With the wear of the component part, the fuel begins to flow through the walls. If this phenomenon is noted, a new pump should be installed.
If the saw does not develop speed when tilted, turns off, stops working, you need to check the fuel level in the tank. If it is not too high, the device is not supplied in an inclined position is not supplied with a sufficient amount of fuel, since the fuel tube is above the mixture level.
The chain does not rotate
Why the chain of the chainsaw does not rotate when the engine works even at full speed?
- Leading star. Either it jammed it or the crown is so worn so that it does not engage in the hook and the chain does not spin on the chainsaw. In any case, it is necessary to disassemble the asterisk to find out the exact reason why the chain does not spin. If the crown is worn, it is necessary to replace the asterisk (or the crown itself, if the asterisk has a prefabricated structure).
- He jammed the brake of the chain. As a result, the asterisk is blocked by the brake mechanism, while the engine works. It is necessary to drown out the engine and unlock the brake. If this happened under load, the brake mechanism will have to be changed, like an asterisk, t.to. Due to the high temperature, many elements can be melted and overheated.
Babble stalls at idle
There are common cases when a chainsaw stalls at idle speeds. First of all, you need to check the silencer, and, in the case of its contamination, clean the exhaust sorrow of exhaust. Also on carburetors of some models and others. There are bolts with inscriptions H and L. respectively, gross and accurate setting. Having adjusted the bolt of L during the operation of the chainsaw so that its speed increases (to crank the bolt by half a turn), it is possible to eliminate this problem. The adjustment of the carburetor requires the mandatory presence of an electronic tachometer and is a rather time.consuming process. That is why in such cases it is better to contact professionals.
If the chainsaw stalls at the load, then the cause of this can be a fuel system or a contaminated air filter. Fuel replacement in compliance with the correct proportion of gasoline/oil or cleaning of the air filter. universal solutions of such a problem. Incorrectly cooked mixture of low.quality gasoline and, for example, machine oil, is the main reason for the faulty operation of the chainsaw, including in the case when it heats up and stalls.
Basil stalls when tilted
With a horizontal position of the chainsaw, the fuel tube lies at the bottom of the gas tank, when the instrument is inclined, the tube is above the fuel mixture, t.e. in airspace. This is the reason that the chainsaw stalls on the side.
In the event that the tool stalls at high speeds, you need to check three parts: air filter, fuel pump and gasoline filter. The air filter must be cleaned, you can even wash under water and dry well. Then it is enough to disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor and see if the fuel flows from it or not. If it flows with a full stream, the gasoline filter can not be checked. If on the contrary, then the malfunction was found. The soundtress can be cleaned with an ordinary needle, and the filter is carefully disconnected from the suction hose, clean it or replace it with a new. The gasoline pump is checked for wear: if the fuel does not seep through it, then everything is in order with it. If the problem is that your tool stalls at full speed is due to some damage to the pump, then this part must simply be replaced with a new.
Repair and service of garden equipment.
Specialized Service Center “AgrotechService”. Warranty and post.warranty service of the equipment of world manufacturers! Attention! Information for users!
In this connection, the gasoline does not start or stalls at idle?
The situation when the benzo tool starts and stalls can be observed in the following cases:
The bolt L, which can try to turn a little, which in most cases works instantly is responsible for idle speeds in the carburetor. It can also often lead to such consequences during the manufacture of a combustible mixture, which usually entails many related problems.
Why does a gas tank stall when you give gas?
There may be even more reasons for this than in previous cases. Consider the main of them.
- Low quality fuel or oil, as well as the wrong calculation of the volumetric parts of the mixture that the user’s guide requires;
- Unforeseen bay with fuel spark plug after launch at idle. To resume the operation of the excess fuel, they are drained, the candle is removed from the device and dried. Only after that can the start of the unit can initiate again;
- Also, a chainsaw is started normally, but when adding gas stalls because the spark may be a gap. This usually happens when a weak conjugation between the wire and the candle tip or there are significant defects of incendiary elements.
- There is not enough fuel for the normal functioning of the chainsaw or its insufficient receipt (clogging with dust particles of the aerofilter or saopon).
- Muffler “over” pollutants and requires urgent cleaning.
- Problems in the cylinder.piston system.
- Lubrication system problem. It may simply not be enough or the oil filter and conductive tubes can be clogged with particles of garbage. They wear out very much, so it is worth it every time before you start working with a gas tools to check it for the integrity of the tubes and compounds that supply grease.
Chainsaws equipped with high.speed engines are often refused to work with an increase in the load. If the chainsaw works normally at idle, but stalls under load, this indicates a number of possible malfunctions, such as:
- The filter was clogged for fuel;
- gas tank defects or clogging;
- The quality of the combustible mixture used does not meet the requirements of the unit.
If the case is in a filter or a gas tank, we recommend that they replace them with new ones in order to protect yourself from possible problem situations in the future. Even if this did not help to establish the situation, and the gas technician continues to suddenly turn off before the start of fruitful labor, it is necessary to prepare a new fuel mixture using only high.quality gasoline with a high octane number. The proportions of oil and gasoline must be strictly designed so that the motor can generate the required power even with fairly large loads.
If you notice that the chainsaws are started without problems without warming up, and after heating stalls. And not to start it until it cools down, then here, perhaps several problems.
First, perhaps somewhere there is a leak of a hose, an omentum or gasket. Secondly, inspect the muffler for the presence of a car. The third reason lies in the cylinder.piston group (CPG), are there any bulletin or bumps.
Sometimes a carburetor setup is required. Another important cause of the malfunction is the ignition coil. In cases where it is out of order, the spark is lost or becomes very weak, which is not enough to light the fuel mixture.
There are cases when the master is trying intensely the engine, then on the cold, then on hot, thereby pumping fuel. Here you need to pull yourself together, transfer the damper to a “hot start” and gradually start the tool. At the same time, we knock down the speed to an almost idle and 40-45 seconds, it warms up.
Reasons why the chainsaw stalls under load
In this article of the construction site, the main reasons will be considered, due to which the chainsaws may not start or stall at the load.
The most common of all are the following reasons:
How to Start Your Chainsaw
Why the power of the chainsaw is falling
The same applies to the air filter, it, in the event of this kind of problem, immediately needs to be cleaned. Now at the expense of the spark plugs, it, if it is strongly contaminated, is also cleaned and adjusted if necessary. It is the wrong gap between the candle electrode on the chainsaw can lead to the fact that it will begin to stall, and in general, to work extremely unstable.
How to adjust the carburetor of the chainsaw
To adjust the carburetor on the chainsaw, you need to have a small thin screwdriver and several minutes of free time. It should be noted that after adjusting the carburetor, the engine can behave not as it should be for some time, under load, for example, on “cold” or “hot”.
To adjust the carburetor of the chainsaws, use two bolts on the side, one of which enriches the fuel mixture with oxygen, and the second regulates its amount in the combustion engine.
First you should twist two screws to the stop, and then unscrew them, until the chainsaw engine is started. Only after that should be twisted or unscrew each screw in turn until the chainsaw engine does not work as steady as possible and without failing when pressed on a gas handle.
The main elements of chainsaws
Before starting to delve into the issues of breakdowns and repairing the tool, let’s first figure out what the chainsaw actually consists of. First of all, I would like to note that this tool belongs to that category of technology, the work of which depends directly on the internal combustion engine.
It is also important that the chainsaws are equipped with an engine with one cylinder, and whose operation is carried out on such fuel as gasoline. It is worth noting that, despite the similarity with other tools, it does not have a gearbox. And it is replaced by a peculiar chain single.stage gear, through which the movement of the chain itself (saw) is carried out.
In fact, chainsaws are a fairly simple design, but this does not prevent it from being reliable, practical and capable of entirely ensuring direct uninterrupted and cyclic work even in fairly difficult conditions. This tool consists of a huge spectra of certain elements of “vital” for proper and productive work. This is a carburetor, a direct tension device, a tire equipped with a chain and other elements.
Before buying a chainsaw, be sure to study all the options, and choose the suitable brand of the chainsaw.
To simplify your choice, we have made a chainsaw rating for you by reliability.
If you have a limited budget, then read the article about the manufacturers of chainsaws.
Why will the chainsaw be stalled and zapayed when the gas is pressed
Chainsaws are quite reliable and simple designs. Therefore, if you properly take care of them and treat them, starting from the recommendations of the manufacturer, then they fail, well, very rarely and various kinds of breakdowns are eliminated quite quickly. But if you are faced with this situation and want to personally repair your tool without resorting to the help of professionals, then delve into the information presented below.
In fact, it is unambiguously and accurately impossible to determine the reason why the tool does not start or stall when pressing on gas, since there are a lot of factors affecting it. But do not forget that starting from the fact that the chainsaws are equipped with a simple two.stroke engine, such conditions such as lubrication, fuel, spark and air are important for its effective performance.
Consequently, the carburetor is directly engaged in the preparation of the fuel-air mixture, the filter cleans the air from dust, the ignition unit and the candle create a spark, and there is a lubricant in gasoline.
That is why it is necessary to search for the causes of this kind of breakdown in a sequential order, starting directly from simple and gradually moving on to complex. And this is an important factor in the correct repair, since the person who, without thinking about the analysis of the carburetor, leads it to the risk. Since this kind of node should be repaired or regulated directly in special workshops (read about the adjustment of the carburetor).
It is important that for the non.precise activity of the tool, it is necessary to carefully attribute directly to the fuel. Since if this kind of mixture is not prepared correctly, then most chainsaws simply will not start. Therefore, not every owner will guess to look for the cause of the fuel breakdown. That is why your tool always works correctly for a mixture to use exclusively high.quality gasoline.
And also use only the oil made by the manufacturer of your tool. In addition, it is important to prepare such a mixture in the quantity that you definitely use in one or two weeks, but no more (see. The proportion of gasoline and oil for the chainsaw).
Since otherwise overexposure of the mixture directly in the canister will lead to the fact that it will lose all its octane properties and this will lead to significant problems with the tool.
The bay of the mixture when the mechanism is launched
The cause of the breakdown can also be the direct bay of the mixture of the candle at the moment when the mechanism is launched. In order to solve this problem, it is necessary to turn out and dry the candle, but remember that it should not be bought in any case. Excess fuel must be drained by means of a hole (candle), wait 20-30 minutes, then install it in place and try to start the tool again.
There is no spark and chainsaw does not gain momentum
The chainsaw stall when the gas is pressed due to the fact that there is no spark. This can happen when there is no good contact between the tip of the candle and the wire (high.voltage). However, if this kind of connection works correctly, but the spark is still absent, then the ignition unit (electronic) is the entire cause. It is important to note that such spare parts are not subject to repair, so they can only be replaced.
Do not forget that by examining the candle you can get significant information regarding the breakdown of the chainsaw. Since if its surface is dry, then the reason for this is a cylinder into which the fuel is not directly supplied. That is why you will have to step by step to check the entire spectrum of its feed. If the candle is all in the black soil, then this means that the carburetor works incorrectly, that is, it supplies either a lot of fuel, or shifts oil directly into gasoline.
Not enough fuel for the supply and operation of the chainsaw at full power
If the chainsaw stalls when adding gas, then this means that fuel comes in insufficient amounts for the full operation of the chainsaw. This cause may be either clogging of the carburetor (its jacket), and the pollution of the filter itself (fuel). Remember that the first node should be checked exclusively by professionals, but you can clean the second yourself.
The filter is contaminated
In addition, the cause of the breakdown can be the filter (air) if it is contaminated with dust. But do not forget that each model has its easily eliminated and characteristic features. For this reason, do not hastily begin the disassembly and repair of the tool, and best of all, “go through” the forums, where the reviews of various owners are indicated in a huge number, so as not to make it even worse.
Since, for example, the stihl chainsaw is stalling when pressed for gas for a simple reason, namely a simple clogging of a direct sapun.
In order to solve this kind of problem, everything you have to do so is the hose (fuel) to disconnect from the carburetor and pay attention to whether the fuel flow is made from it. Since if the mixture flows with a full.fledged stream, this means that the sapun is not contaminated, and if on the contrary, then the cause of the breakdown is found.
Muffler, as the reason that the saw stalls at the load
Here is another reason why the chainsaw stalls when pressing the gas. muffler. It is this part that can interfere with the full operation of the tool in cases where it is contaminated with directly exhaust resinent sediments. To do this, you just just need to clean it on.
Quite often Partner chainsaw stalls when pressed and the reason for this is a cylinder.piston group. Since by means of their inspection, namely the piston and cylinder, you can easily determine the cause of the instrument malfunction, directly replacing them. You can also make the direct boring of the cylinder itself relative to the size of the new piston.
The chainsaw is poorly started on the cold
As a rule, this problem is characteristic of the winter period of use of the chainsaw. Try to stick out the suction and pump up fuel several times. Then with a closed throttle, try to start a chainsaw.
If the problem has not disappeared anywhere, then perhaps there is no compression in the chainsaw. In this article Remstroisovet construction site.ru will not be considered a solution of it, but you need to understand that the lack of compression indicates an excessive wear of rings and they require replacement.
The chainsaw is not started on hot
Often the chainsaw stalls and after he was heated enough. In other words, after a certain period of time, when the temperature of the chainsaw reaches critical values, it begins to stall.
This problem is not new, and it may indicate that the gas station carburetor is incorrectly performed or that the air filter was clogged. Also, this phenomenon often occurs due to the overflow of the candle canal with a highly enriched fuel mixture.