- Chainsaw Champion 137 parts for which are in an affordable price range, designed with the introduction of an easy start option. In addition, it is equipped with a specially designed fuel pump. This makes it possible to protect the motor and has a positive effect on performance, under various temperature and weather conditions.
- The saw chain is automatically lubricated, which significantly increases the operating period of the saw and bar, and also saves oil consumption.
- A safety guard is located directly behind the handles to protect the user from injury.
- If a hand is suddenly released from the handle, the inertial brake will apply immediately, stopping the chain.
- Chainsaw Champion 137 16 is designed with a saw chain measuring forty centimeters.
- Balanced body makes work comfortable and allows for various maneuvers.
- Anti-vibration system minimizes vibrations, thereby giving less stress on the user’s body and making operation less noisy.
- Champion 137’s ergonomic design and rubberized grips keep you fatigued for a long time.
Productive chainsaw Champion 137 characteristics, which are close to professional models, has the following parameters:
- Displacement nominal 37.2 cm3.
- Fuel tank holds 0.31 liters.
- Oil reservoir with a volume of 0.21 liters.
- The mass of the equipment is relatively small and amounts to four and a half kilograms.
The basic equipment includes a protective cover, a bar and a saw chain, a canister for preparing a mixture of fuel and a set of keys for servicing the device. It is worth noting that do-it-yourself repairs to the Champion 137 chainsaw should be carried out using original parts in order to avoid incorrect operation and rapid wear, as well as unforeseen breakdowns.
Chainsaw Champion 137. features and benefits
The Champion 137 semi-professional chainsaw is the perfect companion for gardening and gardening. With its help, felling trees, harvesting firewood, sawing wood, and other work will become much more efficient and easier. The model is designed using a two-stroke engine with a power rating of 1550 W. With an RPM of 12,500, it not only handles branch pruning, but is also suitable for a wide variety of building materials. It is worth noting that the engine cylinder is chrome-plated, which led to the maximum wear resistance of the Champion 137 chainsaw. I would also like to note the innovative air cooling system, which prevents overheating of this unit.
Features of carburetor adjustment
The carburetor of the Champion 137 chainsaw can be adjusted independently, the principle of this process is similar to other models. For events, screws are used:
- L. used to regulate low speed.
- H. used for setting high rpm.
- T. performs idle speed correction.
The Champion 137 chainsaw manual will allow you to adjust the carburetor for the correct operation of the unit. Be extremely careful and strictly follow the directions so as not to damage the systems.
Chainsaw Champion 250-18
Power: 2.95 hp / 2.2 kW.
Engine displacement: 45.6 cc.
Tire length: 45 cm. / 18 inches.
Chain: groove 1.3 mm, pitch 0.325, 72 links
Chainsaw Champion 142-16
Power: 2.4 HP / 1.8 kW.
Engine displacement: 41.5 cc.
Tire length: 40 cm. / 16 inches.
Chain: 1.3 mm groove, 3/8 pitch, 56 links
Chainsaw Champion 137-16
Power: 2.1 HP / 1.55 kW.
Engine displacement: 37.2 cc.
Tire length: 40 cm. / 16 inches.
Chain: 1.3 mm groove, 3/8 pitch, 56 links
Pluses of chainsaws “Champion
The production of Champion equipment, including chainsaws, is located in China. However, the build quality is on par with many of the more famous brands. There are, of course, comments on the plastic, on the casting of some parts, but here everything is more likely done for the sake of a lower price. Judging by my own experience, the main problems with Champion chainsaws are as follows:
- Good build quality. In comparison with many Chinese “no-names”, Champion chainsaws are assembled practically without any complaints. in any case, there are very few complaints about the assembly quality of saws of this brand.
- Excellent value for money. As for me, Champion saws are among the top three in this ratio. At a relatively low price compared to well-known brands, the quality of parts, assembly and ergonomics satisfies the majority of “non-advanced” users. Don’t forget that Champion chainsaws are amateur-class saws.
- Complete chain. When buying a Champion chainsaw, immediately buy a chain from Stihl, Oregon or some other decent one. The one that comes with the kit will become dull after two or three cuts.
- The quality of the plastic. Since in order to reduce the cost of the saw itself, cheap plastic is used, try to avoid mechanical damage. Especially in cold weather.
- Leaks occasionally occur, both in the fuel mixture and in the chain oil.
- The carburetor may not be adjusted. Well, many chainsaws suffer from this and from the most famous brands.
Chainsaw Champion 55-18 (with case)
Power: 3.2 HP / 2.4 kW.
Engine displacement: 54.5 cc.
Tire length: 45 cm. / 18 inches.
Chain: groove 1.3 mm, pitch 0.325, 72 links
Chainsaw range Champion (2015):
Chainsaw Champion 245-16
Power: 2.4 HP / 1.8 kW.
Engine displacement: 45.6 cc.
Tire length: 40 cm. / 16 inches.
Chain: groove 1.3 mm, pitch 3/8, 56 links
Chainsaw Champion 240-16
Power: 2.3 HP / 1.7 kW.
Engine displacement: 39.6 cc.
Tire length: 40 cm. / 16 inches.
Chain: 1.3 mm groove, 3/8 pitch, 56 links
Sharpening machine Champion C6500
This sharpening device allows you to quickly restore the dull chain links of the Champion chainsaw. Due to its light weight and modest dimensions, the device is easy to carry over long distances. The machine body is made of durable materials that do not corrode or deform under the influence of sunlight.
Champion 240-16 “
This Champion chainsaw has an average power by modern standards, but in practice it shows excellent endurance and a high level of comfort during operation. Among the parameters of this Champion chainsaw stands out:
- The power of the power unit is 2.3 liters. s. / 1700 Watt;
- The length of the bus used is 40 cm;
- Fuel supply tank. 410 ml;
- Lubricant filling tank. 240 ml;
- Operating weight. 4.5 kg.
Champion chainsaw features low fuel and lubricant consumption.
Chainsaw device Champion
Chainsaw Champion cannot boast of a large number of design features that significantly distinguish it from units of other well-known manufacturers. At the same time, without exception, all spare parts in the Champion chainsaw design are of excellent quality and high reliability.
To start the Champion chainsaw, a starter is provided in its device, which does not have additional springs. The clutch of the tool is responsible for the immobility of the saw element of the chainsaw when idling its motor.
Each Champion chainsaw is equipped with comfortable, ergonomic rubberized grips. Levers and switches are responsible for turning on, controlling and turning off the tool. The Champion chain saw includes bar and chain.
This Champion chainsaw features an improved piston group with 2 compression rings to improve sawing wood. Model parameters include:
- The power of the power unit is 2.9 liters. s. / 2160 Watt;
- Recommended tire size. 45 cm:
- Fuel filling tank. 550 ml;
- Oil supply tank. 250 ml;
- Weight in ready-to-use form. 6.5 kg.
This Champion chainsaw is popular for its low fuel consumption and low operating noise.
Champion 241-16 “
This Champion chainsaw will interest people who want to get a high-quality and most convenient tool in use. Saw options include:
- The power of the power unit is 2.45 liters. s. / 1800 Watt;
- The size of the tire used for work is 40 cm;
- Fuel filling tank. 310 ml;
- Lubricant tank. 210 ml;
- Operating weight. 4.8 kg.
This chainsaw has increased reliability and increased working life.
This popular model is better known in the domestic market under the name Champion 138-16 “. Among the main parameters of the Champion chainsaw, one should highlight:
- The power of the power unit is 1.9 liters. s. / 1400 Watt;
- The size of the tire recommended by the manufacturer is 40 cm;
- Fuel tank. 300 ml;
- Tank for replenishing the lubricant composition. 180 ml;
- Operational weight. 5.1 kg.
Lightweight and compact, Champion is easy to carry over long distances.
Champion 125T-10 “
This lightweight and compact Champion chainsaw is used for cutting thin branches and limbs, removing wild bushes and sawing small pieces of wood. Features for this Champion chainsaw include:
- The power of the power unit is 0.85 liters. s. / 700 Watt;
- The size of the tire recommended for use is 25 cm;
- Refueling tank. 230 ml;
- Lubricant filling tank. 160 ml;
- Ready-to-use weight. 3.2 kg.
Despite its small size and low power, this Champion chainsaw offers excellent durability and performance in tough conditions.
Champion 265-18 “
This powerful Champion chainsaw handles logs as well as felling large trees. Model parameters include:
- The power of the power unit is 4.5 liters. s. / 3300 Watt;
- The size of the tire used is 45 cm;
- Fuel filling tank. 700 ml;
- Oil supply tank. 350 ml;
- Weight in a ready-to-use form. 6 kg.
The chainsaw is highly durable and works efficiently even in the toughest conditions.
Chainsaw for tourists. Champion 125t
The 125t is a very lightweight and compact chainsaw designed for hiking or light jobs. Such saws are popularly called “brush cutters”, because they are actively used by gardeners for pruning shrubs.
- engine with a volume of 25.4 cubic meters. see, with a capacity of 0.95 hp;
- tire 25 cm long;
- weight 3.2 kg.
Looking at the characteristics, it becomes clear that the Champion 125t chainsaw is not intended for any serious work. It’s like a two-stroke hacksaw. However, this is just what a tourist needs.!
Champion produces domestic and semi-professional chainsaws. This means that any of the models is quite suitable for solving simple tasks that do not involve many hours of work. Chainsaws Champion are much better than Chinese consumer goods, but much worse than the German Calm or Italian Oleo-Mac. Where are chainsaws made, their design features, which of the presented models are worth buying and what breaks in them. About all this in order and in more detail within the framework of this article.
- The country of manufacture
- Scope of application
- Design features of Champion chainsaws
- Popular Chainsaws Champion
- Household chainsaws Champion 137 and 142
- Few characteristics
- Semi-professional chainsaw Champion 240
- Another semi-pro. Champion 250
- Chainsaw Champion 254
- Chainsaw for tourists. Champion 125t
- Little-known Champion chainsaws
- Allegedly professional
- Popular faults and DIY repairs
- Summing up
Semi-professional chainsaw Champion 240
The 240th model is already classified as a semi-professional chainsaw and is designed for longer daily use.
Of the features, it is worth noting the richer equipment in comparison with the Champion 142. For example, an easy start system is installed on the saw, which allows you to reduce the effort when starting by almost 2 times. Improved fuel economy is also noted.
- engine with a volume of 39.6 cubic meters see, with a capacity of 2.3 hp;
- tire 16 inches long;
- weight 4.5 kg.
Little-known Champion chainsaws
The range also includes other less popular tools, such as the Champion 38cc chainsaw. This is one of the first saws of the Champion brand, at the time of its appearance the brand had not yet been promoted, so it was not in great demand.
There is also a gray horse Champion 55. a Chinese fake of a Chinese saw. The appearance of a fake Champion on the market was an indicator of the popularity of the Champion brand. On the forums, there are often discussions that they themselves released this saw to create “artificial” popularity.
Chainsaw Fuel Line Repair. Husqvarna Model 141
The success of the 240 has spawned a number of modifications: Champion 241, 242, 245.
The 245 is a universal model, is a transitional chainsaw between the 240th and 250th. Many users note that it is convenient to hold the tool in non-standard positions.
Scope of application
As noted above, the entire model range is represented by household and semi-professional chainsaws. This means that saws can be used for such work as:
- sawing dry wood;
- trimming tree crowns;
- cutting off branches;
- sawing of commercial timber;
- preparation of firewood for a bath, etc.
However, this does not mean that they cannot be used for professional work. Thanks to modern equipment and design features, most models are quite suitable for felling trees of small diameters, building roofs and log cabins.
The only thing that should not be neglected is the duration of the work. Champion chainsaws are not designed for heavy and prolonged loads.
Household chainsaws Champion 137 and 142
Both chainsaws are designed for household use and are the best-selling chainsaws in the Champion range. The 137 model has undergone an upgrade as many as 3 times during its existence. After her, the 142 model saw the light, which is an improved modification of the 137.
On a note! Between the 137 and 142 models there was an intermediate version. the Champion 138 chainsaw, which did not receive much popularity among buyers.
For a time they were even called analogues of Husqvarna 137 and 142. Tools still occupy a worthy position in the ratings of chainsaws.
I used to have a Champion 137 Chainsaw and have been using it for 4 years. There were no particular problems. The only thing almost immediately after the purchase, foolishly tore off the starter cord. There were no problems with the replacement, spare parts are freely available and not expensive. Then the saw began to lose power, dull. I changed the carburetor and forgot. In this state, he gave the saw to his father-in-law, he still uses it, and bought himself a Champion 240. I liked it more, I have been actively using it at my dacha for the second year. No problems yet.
Disadvantages: did not reveal.
I have been using a Stihl 180 chainsaw for 7 years in my household. There were no problems, I only cleaned the muffler once. I don’t know what happened, but for some reason the piston died. The cost of original spare parts and repairs was equal to the purchase of a new Champion 142 chainsaw. I bought it, I have been working at her dacha for the second year. There are no problems, but I miss Calm, after all he was better!
Disadvantages: in comparison with Calm does not go.
Setting up the carburetor of a Chinese chainsaw
At the heart of the Champion 137 is a 37.2cc 2-stroke gasoline engine that is uniformly chrome-plated to protect the mechanism from corrosion. A manual starter is provided for starting the engine, and a forced air supply system for cooling the internal combustion engine. A manual fuel pump is responsible for the safe start of a cold engine.
A reliable carburetor is included in the model device for preparing the fuel mixture. The unit is equipped with a durable filter for air purification. Free access to it allows you to replace the worn out filter element with a new part. The electronic ignition system and the Champion RCJ6Y spark plug are responsible for igniting the fuel, and the tool clutch is responsible for the transmission of torque.
To control the Champion 137 chainsaw, its configuration includes a throttle switch, an ignition on and off button, and a throttle lever. All elements are mounted at the back of the saw, next to the operator’s hands. In the same part of Champion 137 there is a grip rope with a starter rope.
To protect the operator from accidental injury, Champion 137 comes with a right hand guard and an inertial chain brake. It turns on and off with a separate lever.
All internal parts and mechanisms of the chainsaw are placed in a durable plastic case, which protects them from damage. Free access to spark plug, air filter and other consumables simplifies saw maintenance and repair.
The main advantage of the Champion 137 chainsaw is its decent technical parameters. They include:
- power. 2.1 liters. from.;
- idling speed. 3000 rpm;
- fuel tank capacity. 310 ml;
- oil reservoir capacity. 210 ml;
- the recommended bus length is 35–45 cm;
- chain link pitch. 3/8 “;
- weight. 5 kg.
The Champion 137 chainsaw features low operating noise. Its maximum threshold is 106 dB. In addition, the model has a small size. The tool is 38 cm long, 24 cm wide and 28 cm high.
Do-it-yourself carburetor adjustment is necessary if the tool does not start, or stalls immediately after starting. For the procedure to help, it is necessary to clean the carburetor jets from blockages, as well as get rid of air residues.
The chain saw is equipped with a membrane carburetor. It is equipped with three adjusting screws labeled H, T and L.
As the instruction indicates, the node configuration should be performed in the following order:
- First you need to turn off the engine and turn the screws H and L 2 full turns from the fully tightened position;
- Next, you need to start the chainsaw and let it run for 1-2 minutes;
- After that, you need to start slowly turning the screw L. Thus, you should find the maximum speed when the engine is idling. Then you need to loosen the screw 1/4 turn;
- It is possible to adjust the operation of the motor at speeds up to 3 thousand per minute using screw T. If a tachometer is not used for adjustment, then this screw must be turned until the saw chain on the bar stops rotating;
- At the end, you need to set 12,500 rpm. To do this, you need to use screw H. If there is no tachometer, then with a fully open throttle valve, you will need to hear by ear the operation of the motor at maximum speed. Once the rpm is reached, turn the screw H 1/4 turn in the opposite direction.
By properly setting the carburetor, the owner of the saw will improve the engine’s idling performance and make the engine more responsive.
How to adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw yourself, adjusting the carburetor, adjusting the carburetor on
The chainsaw is intended for domestic use only. She can work in the country, use her to cut branches or prepare firewood for the barbecue. Champion 137 is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts as it is the lightest saw in the Champion range of domestic chainsaw.
The manufacturer’s recommendation for the use of this chainsaw in our country is rare and therefore Champion 137 can be found in sawmills where it is cut with a slab. Private offices that collect and sell firewood to the public also often use this chainsaw.
How to set up a carburetor on your own chainsaw, adjusting the carburetor, adjusting the carburetor on.
To disassemble Champion 137 yourself, you only need to know two basic rules:
- Flywheel and clutch are unscrewed during the chainsaw.
- To block the crankshaft from turning, you need to use a special spin or thread with knots superimposed on it, which are installed through the plug hole and block the piston stroke.
Chainsaw parts are removed in the following order;
- top cover;
- starter and brake circuit cover;
- flywheel and clutch;
- carburetor and muffler;
When assembling, follow the reverse sequence.
A Carter Champion 137 chainsaw must be installed on the red sealant, nothing more, where the sealant cannot be used.
If the carburetor gasket and its gaskets were damaged during the analysis of the Chainsaw 137 Champion, they must be replaced during assembly, otherwise the saw will suck in air and all repairs will be wasted.
Champion drank a quick carb tune.
All chainsaws of this brand have standard instructions in the instructions regarding safety and rules of use. In addition, on the last pages of the manual, the manufacturer places a table in which the frequency and rules for carrying out maintenance are indicated. In some models, these tables are the same.
Basic rules of operation:
- It is necessary to start working with a chainsaw only after reading the instructions and passing the instructions (for beginners) with a sales assistant.
- Particular attention should be paid to the assembly and adjustment of the saw. All actions should be performed based on the recommendations in the instructions. Before use, it is advisable to make sure that all parts are well secured and that the saw functions smoothly.
- Handle the instrument with care. Do not place the saw on the ground with the engine running. Leaving the equipment for a long time, it is necessary to drain the fuel fluid and oil.
- When choosing an oil, you should pay attention to the manufacturer’s recommendations. As a rule, this is the oil of the manufacturer Champion for two-stroke engines and gasoline AI 95 or 92.
- If the saw is rarely used, the optimal frequency of replacing the fuel fluid is once every 3-4 weeks.
- Prolonged operation can lead to overheating or damage to the engine and components. After every 30-40, and sometimes 50 minutes of operation (depending on the model), it is recommended to pause the operation and let the engine cool down. In more powerful models, this time is combined with refueling.
- Particular attention must be paid to your own safety. Tight and sturdy clothing, gloves, ear protectors and goggles will help prevent possible injury.
- Timely maintenance will extend the life of your Champion chainsaw.
- Chainsaw storage and transportation should be carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Store in a dry place, and transport with drained fuel and oil in a protective case.
- the engine starts with an effort and stalls almost instantly;
- gasoline consumption is too high, the exhaust is too thick, the combustible mixture in the cylinder does not completely burn out;
- the factory settings of the chainsaw carburetor are knocked down (due to vibrations or unsuccessful attempts to regulate);
- malfunctions of the air cleaning system, which led to the ingress of debris particles into the mechanism for distributing the fuel mixture;
- significant wear of the piston group. setting the carburetor in this case acts as a temporary measure.
It is clear that if dirt gets into the fuel system with one setting, the problem cannot be solved. it needs flushing. If the piston is worn out, a major overhaul is required. However, in all these cases, the carburetor is also tuned.
The position of the screw L, at which it is loosened by one and a half turns from the fully clamped position, is considered standard for “Chinese” carburetors. For screw H. one revolution from the same state. In many videos, the L screw is called the quality control of the mixture, and the H screw is called its quantity. Idle speed is adjusted in the same way as described above with a warm engine.
Each screw has its own letter designation:
- “L”. to adjust low rpm;
- “H”. to adjust the upper speed;
- “T”. to adjust idle speed (models in which one screw has only this).
The factory adjustment is considered to be the most suitable, and the screws are used to adjust the operation of the motor for special situations (work, in difficult climatic conditions). The chainsaw is adjusted with a special tool
Adjustment is carried out using screws L and H. To increase the speed, they turn clockwise. And to reduce the speed. in the opposite direction. The screws are tightened in the following sequence: L. H. T. If you are not sure how to adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw, it is better to ask a professional for help, because if the setting is incorrect, the motor may break.
Maximum number of revolutions
To limit this figure, you need to use the screw marked H. To increase the number of revolutions, turn it clockwise, and to decrease them in the opposite direction. The maximum frequency should not exceed 15000 rpm.
If you increase this indicator, the engine of the device will work for wear, which will lead to problems in the ignition system. When rotating this screw, you must take into account the ignition processes of the device. If the slightest glitches appear, then the maximum speed value must be reduced.
Three years ago I bought Champion 137. It is still running, but we do not use it, since we purchased a more powerful model for work.
Pluses: This saw is great for on-site work, but no more. Disadvantages: With prolonged use, it stalls or overheats. In comparison with an analogue, for example, Energomash, Champion is a rather weak saw.
I have been working with the Champion 250 chainsaw for the third year. A flimsy starter and a weak headset cannot spoil the overall positive impression. The machine is powerful, applied, can work for a long time at high speeds without forced breaks for cooling.
There are no complaints about the engine of the Champion 250 saw, it starts up with a half-turn, the traction is stable in all modes. The headset was less fortunate, the chain stretched out after several hours of work. The service did not accept the claim, they had to buy a better analogue for their own funds. Costs of a budgetary level, for that kind of money you can’t buy anything better.
Alexander. 45 years. Beloyarskaya.
I have owned Champion 137 for over a year and a half. I really enjoy the saw, although I rarely work on it unless I have to prepare the firewood for the brazier and bath. During the entire time that I had, I saw her only once. As it turned out later, I myself violated the startup algorithm and flooded a candle. After reading the instructions, I learned how to blow up the engine after an unsuccessful attempt to start and independently started the saw, although it burned for a while, but then the exhaust returned to normal. I recommend it with a saw.
Ivan. 56 years old. Kursk.
I bought a Champion 137 after I broke a 180 and the repair cost was equivalent to buying a Champion 137. Now I’m a little sorry. As soon as you take the Champion in your hands, you will immediately feel the difference with the Calm. The saw deteriorates on hotter and worse saws, but I can assure myself that I paid for it almost half as much as new 180 steel. This saw will probably work for those who have not previously dealt with chainsaws.
Champion 137 does not have any design features, everything is made as simple and cheap as possible. The engine is normal. two-stroke, carburetor diaphragm, starter without additional springs, but this does not mean that the chainsaw is bad. It’s nice to hold it in your hands, and it starts out no worse than Husqvarna’s home model, for example, 236.
Small improvements are still available, this is an additional fuel pump, which is designed to facilitate starting after a long period of inactivity, as well as a chain tension regulator mounted on the side cover, which is very convenient.
In the latest versions of Champion 137, the manufacturer has added a top hatch cover, through which you can access the air filter and spark plug without using any additional tools. Conveniently? Of course, this is convenient, because before it was necessary to check the cleanliness of the air filter, unscrew the 4 screws securing the top cover, and completely remove them.
The saw controls are made as simple as possible, there are no combined levers and others. Separate choke control lever, which is mounted on the housing to the right of the rear handle. Reliable and inexpensive push-button ignition switch.
At first glance, it is clear to the saw that this is a no-bloat budget option. Below you can see the video test of the Champion 137 saw.
Chainsaw characteristics Champion 137
Champion 137 cannot boast of excessive power or cutting speed. Compared to chainsaws in the household segment, its performance is average.
Motor power 1.55 kW, top speed 12500, this is good performance, but still some home models give a little more.
Dismantling the carburetor if it is necessary to check or repair components
Signs of a Champion 142 chainsaw breakdown are an arbitrary shutdown of its engine or a complete lack of the ability to start the model.
In this case, you will need:
- check the carburetor of the chainsaw. if necessary, the fuel unit must be thoroughly rinsed and re-adjusted;
- clean or replace filters. in most cases the Champion 142 will malfunction because the air filter is heavily clogged. However, the fuel filter also needs to be flushed regularly;
- inspect the spare parts of the ignition system. first you need to clean the chainsaw plug. If this does not help, then the cause of the breakdown is most likely a violation of the gap between the flywheel and the ignition coil.
Often the reasons for Champion 142 chainsaw malfunctions are the regular use of low-quality gasoline, engine oil, or mixing in the wrong proportion. To eliminate the risk of further damage to the model, you need to use only that gasoline and oil for fuel preparation, which are indicated in the instruction manual for the garden tool.
Repair Champion 137 can be either in a service center or independently. Typical errors of this model are:
- lack of spark;
- stopping the fuel supply;
- malfunctions of the carburetor (clogging, defects in the nozzle valve, defects in the main chamber and the membrane of the fuel pump);
- Air suction into the crankcase through a gasket or oil seals;
- depressurization of the carburetor.
If you have experience, you can diagnose and fix faults yourself.
If the chainsaw for some reason does not hold or stands idle, this is the first sign of air intake into the crankcase or carburetor. It is impossible to work with a saw with such a malfunction, as overheating and engine jamming will follow.
The device of different models of carburetors is almost the same, so when working with them, you can use the standard scheme. All elements must be removed carefully, and then laid out in the order below so that you can successfully place the items in place at the end of the repair work.
Dismantling and cleaning the muffler
If the engine works fine at low speeds, and at high speeds it starts to stall, the reason may lie in the spark arrester of the muffler, clogged with combustion products.
- remove the muffler;
- disassemble (there are also non-separable models);
- remove carbon deposits using detergents;
- dry with a hairdryer;
- put in place.
Dry cleaning is unacceptable, as the soot contains carcinogens, the inhalation of which is hazardous to health. After removing the muffler, the outlet is closed with a clean cloth.
Interruptions in the operation of the chainsaw signal a possible clogging of the muffler
To avoid clogging of the muffler, it is necessary to monitor the composition of the fuel mixture. The amount of oil should not exceed the standards recommended by the manufacturer. Poor oil quality also negatively affects engine performance.
Repairing the chain lubrication system
Let’s consider three main faults:
- Oil leakage. Check that the pipes are tightly connected to the pump unions and that they are not cracked. Problem tubes are sealed with sealant or replaced.
- Insufficient oil supply. Most likely, the lubrication channels are clogged.
- Cracks in the oil pump housing. Part needs to be replaced.
Here’s how to diagnose the lubrication system:
Fuel supply system repair
Fuel may not enter the cylinder for the following reasons:
- Dirty fuel filter. Remove the fuel hose and check how the fuel flows. If the jet is weak, the filter may need to be cleaned. It is taken out through the filler hole of the fuel tank and cleaned; in case of severe contamination, it is replaced with a new one. As a preventive measure, it is recommended to replace the fuel filter every three months.
- Clogged breather (holes in the fuel tank cap). Check also by disconnecting the hose, in case of blockage, clean with a needle.
- Lack or insufficient amount of fuel. There may be several reasons for the malfunction. The first reason is a clogged air filter. Air ceases to flow into the carburetor in the required amount, in this regard, due to a too rich fuel mixture, engine operation is disrupted. The contaminated filter is carefully removed, cleaned and washed in water, then dried and reinstalled.
Another reason is improper adjustment of the carburetor. Adjustment is made with three screws.
Timely replacement of the fuel filter ensures full fuel supply
The fuel hose and choke actuator must fit snugly against the fittings
The throttle lever cable must be in place
During work, you must use the instructions, otherwise you can only make it worse.
And the last reason is a violation of the integrity of the membrane or clogging of the carburetor channels.
To repair the carburetor yourself, you need to get acquainted with all its parts.
All parts must be clean, dry and in good condition.
Assessment of the state of the cylinder-piston group
Often the engine will not start or run at full capacity due to low cylinder pressure. It can be caused by piston or cylinder wear, piston ring sinking, bearing wear. You can partially examine the state of the cylinder-piston group (CPG) by removing the muffler and looking into the opened hole.
A compressor placed in the spark plug hole will help to measure the compression in the engine. according to the measurement results, you can also talk about the state of the CPG. Accurate data is obtained only after complete disassembly of the mechanism. If the piston is chipped or scratched, it must be replaced. The piston ring must be clean, free of carbon deposits, and be exactly in its place.
Piston and crank mechanism wear is considered a serious problem.
According to the results of measuring the compression, one can judge the condition of the parts of the CPG
Chainsaw structural components
All chainsaws are similar in structure, regardless of whether they are European (ECHO, Stihl, Husqvarna) or domestic (Kedr, Ural). The main elements are located inside the body. the fuel tank and the engine, and outside the starter, the handle, the saw part (tire) with the chain. A sharp jerk of the cable starts the engine, and that one. the saw blade.
To begin with, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the video clips that show how the chainsaw works and how it works:
From time to time, the saw malfunctions, which require disassembly to eliminate. What can happen to such a simple mechanism as a chainsaw? At least the following:
- Stops to start;
- Starts up, but soon stops;
- Ceases to function in the cut;
- Loses its power;
Most of the malfunctions are associated either with interruptions in the operation of the engine (fuel supply system, exhaust system, ignition, cylinder-piston part), or with malfunctions of other systems and assemblies (clutch, chain brake, tire, lubrication system). Consider the most common breakdowns and techniques for their elimination.
A serviceable chainsaw starts with one jerk and does not fail in the cut
Checking the ignition system
The first thing to do if a chainsaw breaks down is to inspect the spark plug by disconnecting the wire and carefully unscrewing it with a special key.
The components of the chainsaw ignition system: 1. flywheel with magnets, 2. ignition module, 3. spark plug, 4. high voltage wire
Unscrew the spark plug to check its condition.
Her appearance says a lot:
- Dry. Most likely, the fuel mixture does not enter the cylinder. It’s not about the ignition system, so the plug is screwed back.
- Strongly splashed with fuel. The reason for the excess fuel mixture lies either in a violation of the starting rules, or in an incorrect adjustment of the carburetor. The spark plug is carefully wiped, shut off the fuel supply and turn on the starter. to remove excess fuel and ventilate the combustion chamber. Then the candle is placed in place and the mechanism is started again.
- Covered with black carbon. This may indicate the use of low-quality oil, an incorrectly adjusted carburetor, or an incorrectly calculated gasoline to oil ratio. The candle should be washed, cleaned of carbon deposits with a sharp object (awl or needle), wipe the electrodes with a sandpaper and put in place.
When checking the candle, you need to pay attention to the gap between the electrodes: from 0.5 to 0.65 mm is considered normal. A damaged or worn gasket must be replaced.
A large amount of black carbon on the spark plug indicates a malfunction of the engine.
To be sure, you should also check for a spark. To do this, put the ignition cable on the spark plug, connect the plug nut and the cylinder with pliers, start the starter and watch for the spark. If it is missing, the plug must be replaced. If the new spark plug also does not emit sparks, the problem is in the high-voltage wire or in the broken connection with the spark plug.
Do-it-yourself chainsaw repair: analysis of major breakdowns and methods for their elimination
It would seem, why does a chainsaw need a summer resident who grows vegetables and fruits, or the owner of a country house who has a small garden and several flower beds? The question disappears when there is a desire to build a bathhouse, update a greenhouse, knock down an old business, or just make a bench for relaxation. Unfortunately, any mechanism periodically needs prophylaxis and replacement of spare parts, and for this you need to be well versed in the device of the product, in addition, repairing the chainsaw with your own hands will save time and money.
Adjusting the chain brake
The chain brake often does not work due to clogging of grease or sawdust in the brake band and the space under the cover. All parts should be cleaned from blockages. Perhaps the tape is simply worn out, then it needs to be replaced.
The chain brake is restored by mechanical cleaning
Some parts of a chainsaw will wear out faster than others. These include the drive sprocket, tire, chain, anti-vibration elements. For quick replacement, it is best to always have spare parts on hand Chain sharpening should not be neglected.