Currently, more and more people are eager to "escape" from the bustle of megacities and are acquiring cottages outside the city. This helps to relax mentally, breathe fresh air, relax with a fishing rod on the river. The site is not only rest, but also labor, which consists in taking care of the territory: the fight against overgrown grass, weeds, bushes. In this article we will consider the rating of gasoline trimmers in 2020, which is perfect for these purposes. They have their own nuances, pluses, minuses, characteristic features, which we will talk about in detail.
9 best petrol trimmers to give
When choosing a device for mowing grass in a summer cottage, everyone is faced with the problem of acquiring a good and durable unit at an affordable price. The market of trimmers is replete with a variety of models. It all depends on the specific needs of customers. Someone needs power, someone needs ergonomics, and someone needs functionality. In order to simplify the task of selecting a suitable device for a summer residence, this article will consider the 9 best gasoline models, their detailed characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages are indicated.
PATRIOT PT 443 The One
The most inexpensive gas trimmer in our rating, its power is 2.5 hp It is used for mowing grass in difficult and inaccessible places, for example, on various irregularities, between stones, buildings, etc. It copes even with very dense shoots on lawns of any area.
It has a capacious tank (1.1 l), which contributes to long and efficient operation without additional refueling. It starts easily, without jerking and hesitation, thanks to the Easy Start system. Installed vibration protection during mowing.
It is equipped with an additional bicycle handle, which is adjustable for a person. It is equipped with control buttons. Of the cutting elements in a set of fishing line, for cutting grass and a knife, for processing weeds, dried vegetation, bushes.
- The presence of a complete set of belt, Allen key, canister with a scale and the correct proportions to make the fuel mixture.
- Anti-vibration system.
- Economical fuel consumption. After one refueling, you can process a plot of 4-5 acres.
- Adjustable bicycle handle with controls.
- Incomprehensible assembly instructions.
A fairly massive model of a benzotrimmer weighing 8.2 kg. Suitable for medium and large areas. Equipped with a two-handed handle, thanks to which, you can do a lot of work in a short time. The set includes a double belt with hip protection, with which it is much easier to distribute the load from the device. The bar is collapsible. When folded, it is easily transported, does not take up much space during storage.
Two interchangeable nozzles (knife with 40 sharp cutters and fishing line) are designed for:
- selective cutting of grass in small areas or cutting stems of plants one at a time;
- mowing green spaces in areas with a large area;
- removal of vegetation, trimming the edges and edges of lawns.
To combat dead wood, rapidly growing weeds and tall thickets, it is necessary to use a cutting disc.
The trimmer has a two-stroke engine with a sophisticated air cooling system. Easy to maintain as the filter and candles are removed without any effort.
- High performance.
- Value for money.
- High-quality assembly.
- Starts up quickly, without effort.
- The lack of a tank for mixing fuel.
- Weight over 8 kg.
A good gas trimmer designed to effectively get rid of grass, young shrubs, weeds in open areas. It is possible to apply for cleaning grass along walls, paths, around flower beds, trees. The fishing line is most often used for mowing grass, and a steel cutting blade with three blades will cope with more difficult tasks.
The handle has a U-shape, adjustable in height. Convenience is also facilitated by the presence of a shoulder strap and the location of the engine in the upper part. This allows you to distribute the weight as comfortably as possible. The device has a protective casing, built-in anti-vibration system.
- Adjustment of the U-shaped handle on height.
- Low cost.
- Reliable protective cover.
- Easy to start.
- The bar does not add up.
Powerful gas trimmer (2.5 hp) with electronic ignition, easy start function. Designed to deal with shrubs, tidy up green areas in a garden or cottage.
- a large casing protecting from flying grass;
- two-stroke engine with air cooling system;
- a translucent fuel tank that allows you to control fuel consumption;
- wide belt for redistributing the weight of the tool.
The bar is straight, collapsible. Like all of the trimmers in the rating, a line and a knife are used to work with grass. The engine is at the top. Due to all these features, convenience is provided when using the equipment.
- Extra gas tank protection.
- The presence of the accelerated (2 times) function and simple start.
- Collapsible design.
- High performance.
- High noise level.
- Weak fishing line reel.
Fubag FPT 52
Video: Choosing a Petrol Grass Trimmer In 2020: Ranking the Best in Quality and Price
This benzotrimmer is used for rough cutting of small bushes, dense thickets, grass stands. A steel knife with 3 blades will cope with tasks of any complexity. The most heavy (weight 8.5 kg) among the presented devices. Revving, with increased engine life, volumetric tank (1.1 liters.).
The shockproof plastic casing is securely attached to a non-separable rod with a reinforced metal mount. Quickly adjusts without much effort, thanks to the adjustment screw. The handles on the handle that adjusts to fit the person are well rubberized and equipped with control buttons.
- Startup speeds are achieved using the Easy Start feature.
- Two-handed shoulder strap. saves from heavy loads during long-term work.
- The presence of a button to start a cold engine, pumping fuel.
- Safety glasses, a tool kit for assembling a braid, a container for a mixture of fuel in the kit.
- Established fishing line of low quality.
- Inconvenient location of the fuel tank.
Daewoo Power Products DABC 420
An important feature of this gasoline trimmer is that it copes with its duties even on lawns with high humidity. This is facilitated by high power (2 hp), a shaft rotating at a tremendous speed (9800 rpm).
A steel disk with 40 strong teeth made of strong steel without any problems will save the site from excess vegetation. The casing for protection against plants flying apart during harvesting is made of heavy-duty plastic. The bar is made of aluminum and is easy to disassemble if necessary.
The engine located in the upper part of the entire structure is controlled by a lever on the handle. There is a system to reduce noise.
- With the help of a cutting disc, you can cut small trees that interfere in the territory.
- Economical fuel consumption.
- Suitable for small and large areas.
- Convenient, adjustable for any height, handle.
- Backpack strap of poor quality. After the first. second application, it spreads at the seams.
Light petrol trimmer weighing only 4.8 kg from a Swedish manufacturer. Ideal for owners of small areas for mowing thick grass, cutting branches of small shrubs. 2 cutting nozzles are standard in the set: knife. for all types of grass, fishing line. for grass growing along walls, around trees.
Not the most powerful model with a small translucent tank (0.4 liters) to control the amount of gasoline. It starts from half a turn thanks to a pump that pumps fuel and a quick start system. The ergonomic handle, straight bar and shoulder strap make work easier. There is a switch to restart the engine.
- Light weight (4.8 kg).
- Fuel is pumped.
- Low vibration, noise.
- Good build quality.
- High price.
- Small tank volume.
Very compact and light gasoline trimmer (4.72 kg), with low power (0.91 hp) and a small tank (0.44 l.). It will help to beautifully mow lawns up to 6 acres in size, "jewelry" to process the edges of flower beds, trees, paths near the house. At the same time, the knife included in the package will easily deal with small bushes.
The engine starts effortlessly and is protected by a foam filter from blockages. The primer allows you to quickly turn on the trimmer after a long break. The vibration level is reduced, as the rod is separated from the motor by a rubberized vibration isolator. The control system is located on the convenient handle under the right hand.
- Weight less than 5 kg.
- Muffler protection with a special cover.
- Coil with nylon fishing line. semi-automatic.
- Glasses included.
- Easy start up.
- The smallest cutting width for all nozzles (40/23).
- Low fuel tank capacity.
STIHL FS 55
An excellent gasoline trimmer weighing less than 5 kg from a well-known German brand.
It is intended for:
- simple mowing of shallow grass, slightly thicker thickets and plants similar in type to reeds;
- cultivating a summer cottage from weeds;
- lawn care.
The maximum mowing width of fishing line (55 cm), compared with other representatives of this segment. Very small tank capacity. only 0.33 liters. Its refueling lasts a maximum of 30 minutes.
The assembly of this model is similar to the others described earlier: a direct bar, a flexible shaft, convenient control via a bicycle handle, an upper engine, an easy start system, and a fuel pump.
- Reliability guaranteed by the manufacturer.
- High quality materials, assembly.
- Economical gas mileage.
- By its weight category it will be convenient even for women.
- The tank lasts for only half an hour of continuous operation.
- High price.
Each model of a benzotrimmer discussed in this article is worthy of attention. All of them were not in vain in the 9 best representatives of this class. The comparative table presents their main characteristics, which are worth paying attention to when choosing a unit for personal use, as well as the average cost.
Wheel: CHAMPION LMH5640
Particular attention should be paid to gasoline wheel trimmer. It is intended for processing plots of large area overgrown with weeds, any weeds, tall grass.
Equipped with a powerful four-stroke engine of 5 hp. with a weight of 32.1 kg. At the same time, the noise level is very low and there is almost no vibration during operation. The mowing width of the fishing line is 59.9 cm, the height of the bevel is adjusted according to the situation, which allows you to destroy the reeds or, for example, hogweed.
It has excellent cross-country ability, thanks to the wide rear wheels on bearings. Minimally consumes gasoline, thanks to the latest technology. The operator panel is equipped with a handle for lowering revolutions and cooling the trimmer. Easy to manage, has a high level of productivity, easy to operate and maintain.
- Mows almost any vegetation.
- It has high power.
- Despite the heavy weight it is very maneuverable.
- It works almost silently.
- There is no capacity for collecting grass.
How to choose the right one? Highlights
There are a lot of gas trimmers for giving. The question always arises before the buyer about which unit is better to choose, what should you pay attention to first of all?
When choosing a reliable "assistant" in all respects, you should pay attention to the following points:
- The size and surface of the territory where work is planned.
- Types of manipulations.
- The weight of the device.
- Fuel tank capacity.
- The presence of a set of removable nozzles.
- The location of the engine on the rod.
- Power needed
- Fuel consumption.
How to use? Instruction manual
To work with any type of gasoline trimmers, there is an individual instruction from the manufacturer. If you follow it when using the device, then it will last a long time, without any breakdowns.
In addition, there are general operating points:
- Assemble the trimmer for the manual that is included.
- Wear eye protection glasses, high boots, gloves, and headphones so that no noise can be heard.
- Dilute in special proportions (indicated in the instructions) the fuel mixture.
- Add fuel to the tank using a funnel.
- Before starting operation, it is important to check all fasteners, clamp them harder.
- Check the cutting tip for contact with other parts of the device.
- Set the throttle to the “OFF” mark and the switch on the handle to the “I” position.
- Suddenly pull the starter cord until the device starts working.
- As soon as the engine starts, switch to the “ON” mark.
- Allow the machine to idle before use.
- Fasten the lawn mowing to the unloading belt, which is fixed on the shoulder.
- Start treating the area from left to right, holding the cutter parallel to the ground.
- After completing work, turn off the trimmer by setting the switch to the “0” position.
- Before you put it in storage, you need to remove gasoline from the tank, start it and wait until all the fuel is exhausted.