In stock tiller in private households, few can be surprised, because this technical device has been known since Soviet times. Thanks to him, it became possible fast and high-quality cultivation of the soil, which used to take quite a long time, and also took a lot of effort.
However, in order for your tiller, as they say, to serve you faithfully, regularly plowing the earth and performing its other functions, you need to properly exploit it.
In particular, you need to know how much oil to fill in the tiller gearbox so that it works in the optimal mode, and its parts are not erased due to the lack of necessary lubrication.
In principle, all the necessary information, as a rule, is indicated in the operating instructions for the specific model of the tiller, which directly indicates the brands and grades of recommended oils.
However, there are times when Tiller purchased from hand, or in another way, but the point is that such tilleries are delivered mainly without any instructions.
A person may be at a loss, not knowing what kind of oil is poured into the tiller’s gearbox, so it will be useful for him to know about its main types, as well as how to fill it into the tiller.
The gearbox is a special device, included in the design of any tiller. It is this part that is responsible for the conversion and transmission of the torque that is generated from mechanical gears. In fact, the gearbox drives the tiller, making it work.
The service life of the entire tiller, as well as its normal functioning, will depend on its quality, as well as on the correct lubrication of its components.
For more information about the gearbox, see the video:
Depending on the model of the tiller, be it Cayman, Patriot Ural, Patriot, Texas, Foreman or some other, gearboxes may differ from each other in some design features. Conditionally gearboxes can be divided into several types:
- Angular gears. Such units are quite effective, allow you to dock the engine and transmission.
- Gear reducers. In this case, the transmission of the gearbox acts as a kind of intermediary between the engine and the wheel base of the tiller.
- Reducing gears. These units achieve an increase in power indicators, reducing the total number of revolutions. Such gearboxes are most preferable, because in their design there is an air cooling system that allows you to work at maximum loads.
- Reverse gears. The main advantage of such gearboxes is the ability to reverse the tiller. However, units equipped with this type of gearbox do not show high performance and speeds.
Regardless of which gearbox is used in the design of the tiller, they are all consist practically of the same components:
- gear housing;
- flange and its fastening;
- V-belt pulley (or chain);
- ball bearing;
- drain plug;
- steel washer and nut;
- input shaft.
These components traditionally form the gear unit itself. From how good they will be lubricated, their performance will depend and service life.
Otherwise, with insufficient lubrication, the parts will wear out a lot, because they come into contact with each other during operation, and the resulting friction negatively affects their surface.
What kind of oil is poured
Many people are interested in. what oil to fill in the gearbox tiller? To answer this question, several factors must be taken into account, the main of which is the manufacturer’s recommendation regarding the type of oil.
One must also be guided by the price without buying very cheap liquids, because they are unlikely to be of proper quality.
No matter how reliable the caterpillars of the snowmobile are reliable, sooner or later with the active operation of the machine there is a need to replace them. Here is all about the tracks for the snowmobile from the company Composite.
An indispensable tool in pest control is a garden sprayer. By clicking on the link you can familiarize yourself with the sprayer gasoline backpack garden.
MAZ-5337 appeared in the second half of the eighties of the vulgar century. MAZ-5337 is a versatile, powerful and very reliable truck.
In general, oils can be various types:
- SAE. These types of oils very well cope with sudden changes in temperature, so they can be used year-round.
- The selection process is as follows: you need to look at the figure that is in front of the letter W. a lower value will indicate that the oil is very well adapted specifically to low temperatures (the smallest. 0W). If the letter W is not on the label, then this oil is suitable for the summer period.
- API In this case, the letters in the markings will indicate the type of engine. gasoline or diesel. Accordingly, a certain letter will say that the oil is suitable for gasoline units, and the other for diesel ones.
- The numbers will talk about the kind of engine, those. number 4. means the oil needs to be used for a 4-stroke engine, etc. The EC value is the degree of energy conservation, i.e. the higher the value, the better the oil.
- ASEA. The largest number in the labeling will indicate that the oil can function in very difficult conditions.
- GOST 17479, 1-85. These indicators characterize the degree of viscosity of the oil. As a rule, alphanumeric values are written after this parameter, and their absence indicates that the oil is universal.
Transmission oils for filling in gasoline and diesel tiller
As for the gearbox, you need to use it to refuel gear oils. For example, a semisynthetic oil ZIC 10W40, designed for gasoline and diesel tillers, will be a good choice. API metric. SM / CF, ACEA. A3 / B3, A3 / B4, C3.
As a rule, it is sold in 4-liter containers, the cost of which is in the range of 890–950 rubles.
Another worthy oil is Super T-3 85W-90 from Gazpromneft. Its technical data will be as follows:
- API metric. GL-5;
- degree of viscosity. 85W90;
- temperature index of yield loss –280C;
- flash point. 2170C;
- package length. 270 mm;
- packaging width. 130 mm;
- packing height. 240 mm.
This gear oil is also supplied in a 4 liter container, the cost of which is approximately 600 rubles.
This is not the whole list of oils that can be poured into the tiller gearbox. In principle, anyone who is familiar with the basic parameters of the oil, can independently determine what is needed for his tiller.
How much to fill?
Another important point is the amount of oil needed. Before answering the question. how much oil should be poured into the tiller gearbox, for example Crosser, Viking, Forza, Sadko, Don, Huter, Pro, Plowman, Champion, Carver, you must first check oil level in the gearbox. To do this, you need to perform certain actions:
- It is necessary to put the tiller on a flat surface so that its wings are strictly parallel to this surface.
- We take a wire or rod about 70 cm long, which will act as an oil dipstick.
- We bend the makeshift probe in an arc.
- We insert the resulting dipstick into the filler hole to the very end, i.e. all the way. After that we pull it back.
If the wire is 30 cm in oil, then this is the best indicator, i.e. no need to add oil. If a little less, then it is necessary to top up within the given values.
If the gearbox is generally dry, then at least two liters of gear oil will be needed.
How to fill oil in a tiller gearbox
Before adding new oil to the gearbox, drain old fluid. It is in this way that the oil is changed in the salute tiller gearbox, a video of which can be found on the Internet, as well as other tiller models.
The algorithm of actions, in this case, will be as follows:
- the tiller needs to be installed on some hill so that oil can be easily drained from the gearbox.
- There are two plugs on the gearbox. a drain plug, which is located at the bottom of the gearbox, and a plug that closes the hole for oil loading. First we unscrew the filler plug, which is located on top of the tiller body (at the gearbox).
- We take a sufficiently capacious container (an old bottle from transmission oil is suitable), after which we substitute it under the drain plug of the gearbox.
- Neatly unscrew the drain plug, after which the oil will begin to flow into our containers. After waiting until the oil finally drains, we screw the drain plug back. Then tighten with a spanner wrench of a suitable diameter until it stops.
- We insert a funnel into the filling hole. Then we take a suitable gear oil in order to fill the gearbox.
- Filling the gearbox to the optimum level, we screw the plug back. This cork is equipped with a special probe, and its length is about 10 cm. After we have filled in the oil, we need to check its level. To do this, we twist this probe plug, after which we again unscrew and check.
- If the oil is at the tip of this dipstick, then no more topping up.
As a rule, the oil change procedure must be performed every 100 hours of operation of the tiller. In some cases, this procedure must be performed every 50 hours.
In other words, the frequency of oil change depends on the model of the tiller, so all the necessary information is in the accompanying documentation for the tiller.
Periodic oil change in gearbox is crucial not only because it is recommended by the manufacturer, but also for a number of other reasons. In particular, during the operation of the tiller, foreign metal particles are formed in the oil that is in the gearbox.
They arise from friction and contact of the components of the tiller, which crumble little by little, and all this metal crumb falls into the oil. Thus, the oil begins to thicken, which leads to unstable operation of the tiller, and in the future, to failure of the gearbox.
Video: Cultivator Gear Lubricant Patriot
That is why, timely replacement of oil in the gearbox is a necessary preventive measure to avoid future repairs.
Indeed, it is much more logical to spend an amount within one thousand rubles for the purchase of gear oil than to spend much more money for expensive repairs or a complete replacement of the gearbox.
Very popular are homemade tiller trailers that can be made with one’s own hand.
You might also be interested in the article about the Dingo T 150 Snowmobile.
During the operation of the tiller, the engine is subjected to heavy load, and to protect it from premature wear, engine oil is used. The tool is different in chemical composition and properties, so it is used according to the classification.
What kind of oil to fill in tiller
As a rule, in the instructions for motor vehicles, the manufacturer indicates which brand of engine oil and in what volume is better to use. If there are no such recommendations, the tool is selected according to the following characteristics:
The SAE parameter indicates the viscosity class of the substance and consists of an alphanumeric abbreviation, where the letter “W” indicates the possibility of use at low temperatures. The number in front of it indicates the viscosity at negative values of the thermometer, and the numbers after the "dash". at positive. These indicators characterize how easily the fluid will be pumped through the system and how quickly it will reach the surfaces of the rubbing parts, preventing their dry friction.
The API parameter divides the lubricant according to performance properties into categories C and S. Category C includes products intended for four-stroke diesel engines, which have air cooling, category S. for gasoline engines. Therefore, when choosing a fluid, you should definitely pay attention to this marking, since it has a different composition for a diesel and carburetor engine.
The ACEA parameter classifies the oil by HT (viscosity at elevated temperature) / HS (shear rate), which indicates how energy-efficient the grease is. The higher this value, the better it protects the engine components from wear. Pour substance with high MPas recommended for tractor, mini tractor, as well as heavy Neva tilleri designed for heavy loads.
Below are the types of machine grease, which by their characteristics are the most optimal for the cultivator or tiller. Of course, they can be used if there are no special recommendations from the equipment manufacturer and in accordance with the marks S and C. So, these are oils:
- 5w30, 5w40. all-weather, which can be poured into motor vehicles at an ambient temperature of at least 25 ° C;
- 10w30, 10w40. possessing anticorrosive properties;
- 15w40, 20w40. designed for pouring into the engine at a temperature of 45 ° C and above.
- 0w30, 0w40. created for winter use;
- MIL-L. designed for military vehicles and can be used on tillers with diesel engines (with code 2104) and carburetor (with code 46152) type.
Double-labeled grease (SG / CD, SF / CC) can be poured into any engine, as it is universal and equally suitable for diesel engines and engines (for example, like the Texas cultivator) operating on gasoline. Among the variety of lubricants, the most popular product is the product manufactured under the brands Mobil, Castrol, ZIC, Shell Helix. Additives. Oil Additiv, BIZOL, Cera Tec and others are added to improve the action and improve the quality. They can be used at ambient temperatures from 25 ° C to 25 ° C.
How to change the oil
In order for the motor equipment to function smoothly and to serve a long period, it is necessary to periodically replace the grease in the gearbox and engine. The first time this is done after break-in, and then after every 50-100 hours of operation of motor vehicles (and under intense loads, it will be necessary to “fill up” even more often), unless otherwise specified by the manufacturer.
Gearbox oil change
Any gear oil is used to lubricate the gearbox, for example, TAD-17, TAP-15V or with a different marking according to GOST 23652-79. Before pouring it, check for the presence of old fluid. Verification in tiller models such as the Neva is carried out as follows:
- the equipment is placed on a horizontal surface so that there is access to the gearbox, and it is in an inclined position (it will be more convenient to pour the product);
- insert the probe into the hole on the gearbox (it can be a metal rod 65-70 cm long, bent into an arc) and measure the level of substance availability.
If the dipstick immersed in the gearbox is 30 cm in the liquid, then there is no need to fill it in additionally. For other results, lubricant should be poured into the gearbox to the desired level. A completely dry gearbox will need to be filled with at least 2 liters of lubricant.
Engine oil change
The procedure for replacing the lubricant in the motor is as follows:
- engine motor start and warm up;
- the tiller is mounted on an elevated horizontal surface;
- open the drain hole of the tank to drain the contents into a separate container, and then tightly close;
- pour a new product through the filling hole, controlling its level with a probe;
- wipe the holes for draining and filling with a dry rag, carefully removing the residual lubricant.
Engine oil is not cheap, but you should not save on it, as well as on fuel. Fill the grease only with the original and high quality, since the performance of the tiller, as well as the durability of its mechanisms, will depend on it. Only a quality product with the right parameters can provide the most beneficial effect and ensure minimal wear on the internal parts of the engine.
Than grease trimmer gear? Trimmer lubrication points
Proper maintenance is the key to continued and reliable tool operation. Primitive care operations include timely lubrication of the gearbox and cleaning of the trimmer filter. And than lubricate gear trimmer, every user should know. Cleaning is carried out in several stages:
- After removing the casing, the element is removed.
- Then it is washed with gasoline and dried (naturally).
- The place under the filter is cleared of the remains of oil and dust.
- Check the rod for rotation during operation.
Is it possible grease trimmer reducer with solid oil, if there are no other means? No, for a long service life, machinery manufacturers recommend using specialized greases. How to lubricate a benzotrimmer gearbox? Come in, grease the trimmer gear. Some manufacturers are developing care products that are tailored directly to the branded tool. To lubricate the working steam, you only need to unscrew the plug and pour liquid into the container.
Gearbox Prevention: Frequency and Order
First of all, prevention is carried out immediately after purchase. This is due to the fact that many manufacturers lay the minimum amount of lubricant, which is only enough for the duration of the break-in.
If the trimmer is used at home (the amount of work is small), it will be enough to add grease at the beginning and at the end of the season.
In severe operating conditions, the gas trimmer gearbox must be lubricated every 20-50 hours of operation. Indicators for urgent prophylaxis are increased node noise and overheating. If there is a lack of lubrication, it should be completely replaced.
Often manufacturers produce multifunctional car chemistry. This means that grease for gasoline gears is also suitable for processing hoses and gears of any garden equipment and assemblies that operate under high loads.
Gearbox lubrication process
Gearbox Is a mechanical device that is designed to transmit torque from the engine to cutting equipment. Located at the bottom of the trimmer.
Immediately before maintenance work, remove the electric cap (or plug from the plug). Do not overturn the trimmer to prevent fuel leakage. To replace grease, disassemble the device.
The disassembly process consists of the following steps:
- The side screw is unscrewed.
- If there is no trace of grease, then it should be added (3-4 grams).
- Next, the gear is manually scrolled. This is done to evenly distribute the material across the gears.
The operation is performed several times. The assembly should be tightly greased. At the end of the operation, the screw is put in place and tightened tightly.
To lubricate the trimmer gearbox, it is necessary to clean the plug and the area around it from dirt, and then unscrew it. lawn mowing fits on the left side. By rotating the gearing, lubricant is simultaneously added to the gear housing until it is full.
How to choose the right lubricant
During operation, the nodes of the mechanism are loaded with contact forces on the teeth, resistance reactions in the event of debris, as well as dynamic and shock loads. Depending on the characteristics of the load, you should choose how to lubricate the trimmer gear.
In the selection should take into account such factors:
- brand of the manufacturer;
- lubricant viscosity (selection of this parameter depends on the torque of the shaft);
- adhesion to the surface of the parts of the site;
- the intensity of lubricant consumption (the ambient temperature, type and amount of work should be taken into account).
Zmazuvannya gearbox and shaft of lawn mowing
Zmazuvannya gearbox and shaft of lawn mowing
Varieties of lubricants
To care for the nodes of the mechanism, greases of different consistencies are used:
- Semi-liquid. Such formulations contain a variety of additives and additives.
- Plastic. They are the most versatile option. Most often used for gears and helical gears.
- Solid. Plate suspensions in their original state.
Special gearing composition refers to a semi-fluid system.
Trimmer grease is popular. "Stihl". Thanks to the special composition and components, wear is significantly reduced and corrosion resistance is increased. The main properties of the grease of this brand are:
- oxidation resistance;
- high penetration;
- resistance to high temperatures;
- high adhesion.
Grease "Stihl" Suitable for brush cutters and trimmers, as well as for all transmissions with a closed housing.
Faults and solutions
- Strong (or fast) heating. The main reason is the lack of lubrication. If such a malfunction is detected, add lubricant and run the tool in a gentle mode.
- Increased vibration, staggering gear. The reason is mechanical damage. It is eliminated by tightening the housing or replacing it.
- The presence of knocking, play or jamming when rotating the shaft. The causes of the malfunction are bearing destruction, anther damage. To prevent such defects from occurring, the trimmer gearbox should be lubricated. How and at what frequency to lubricate is indicated in the instructions from the manufacturer.
- Jamming of the trimmer knife at high loads. The reason is tooth wear. This problem cannot be fixed. A complete replacement of the mechanism is required.
Trimmer lubrication points
For smooth operation and durability of the mechanism, a thorough inspection and care should be carried out. An important point is the lubrication of moving parts. In most cases, these are:
- place from the transition from engines to a straight shaft;
- joint of a straight shaft with a flexible;
- transition of a shaft with a landing head;
A popular among users is multi-purpose waterproof grease "Litol-24". The range of operating temperatures is from 40 to 120 degrees. This grease is used in friction units and is effective at elevated temperatures.
Trim Grease Properties
In the production of lubricants, special substances are used that must meet environmental norms and standards. After development, they decompose without causing harm to the environment.
The consistency of the material initially has a high level of viscosity, and in the process, this parameter decreases. This factor provides complete penetration and reliable protection of working pairs under heating conditions.
Long-term use and smooth operation are ensured by timely and proper care. A variety of materials are used to perform care operations. Well-known manufacturers are developing their own branded care products. These include: grease for trim tabs "Husqvarna", "Champion", "Makita" other. Grease is added to the petrol trimmer gearbox every 8-10 working hours.
User Lubricant Reviews
Experts advise using only original materials, the characteristics of which meet the manufacturer’s requirements. If there are none, you should clarify how to lubricate the trimmer gear. Experienced users do not recommend the use of solidol, because this material is not suitable for the temperature and speed characteristics of the unit, as well as for consistency. Also, the given material does not have antiwear properties.
The range of operating temperatures of a solid oil is from minus 40 to 65 degrees, but even with such parameters, the density of the material increases during heating and the lubricant becomes coarse. In case of urgent need to process the tool, you can use "Litol-24".
Gas trimmer maintenance
Most lawn mowers and trimmers have a flexible shaft in their design. Its condition must be checked at least 1 time for 50 working hours. To perform this operation, you need to remove the tip of the rod, pull out the shaft and inspect it, then grease.
In order to care for the shaft, inexpensive materials are suitable, it is more difficult to choose them for the trimmer gearbox. How to lubricate this mechanism. depends on the manufacturer of the tool. How to lubricate the lawn mowing gear find out what the next husqvarna 128r trimmer will be. It is best to use materials that contain molybdenum disulfide. The latter provides smoothing and filling of cracks on the working surface, therefore it is especially appreciated among users.
Important: the use of a large amount of grease with a high density leads to overheating of the mechanism, increased friction of working pairs and fuel consumption. Therefore, the process of selecting materials and prevention should be treated responsibly.