The tiller clutch is an important element of the transmission through which the engine crankshaft transmits torque to the gearbox mechanisms. Using this part during gear shifting, the engine and gearbox are disconnected. It is due to the participation of the clutch tiller smoothly pulls away, and also stops without a complete shutdown of the motor.
Clutch functions in tiller design.
The operation of the clutch bases on the action of the friction clutch.
This element of the transmission performs several important functions, among which stands out:
- Uninterrupted transmission of torque;
- Suppression of torsional vibrations;
- Smooth gear shifting;
- Unstressed gear connection;
- Connecting and disconnecting gearbox with internal combustion engine;
- Disconnecting the transmission from the flywheel device.
The clutch device allows you to briefly turn off the engine crankshaft and power transmission of the machine. Thanks to the clutch, the vehicle starts and stops moving smoothly and without jerks.
Centrifugal clutch. arrangement and benefits.
This kind of element stands out among other structures due to its reliability and durability. It is used in automatic gearbox type.
Its design consists of the following elements:
- Hubs with locking groove and key;
- Retaining ring.
One of the most important roles is played by the differential device associated with the centrifugal clutch. It helps to improve the maneuverability of vehicles and ensure smooth movement in corners.
Together with the clutch, the differential adjusts the rotation of the wheels tiller at different speeds. over, the power transmitting mechanisms together function as wheel locks. In some models of technology, instead of a differential, a unique device is installed that blocks one of the wheels of the tiller at the command of the driver.
modern models of technology are equipped with a friction clutch. It is mounted between the engine and gearbox. In this design, the driven parts are closely connected with the primary shaft of the gearbox, and the leading. with the crankshaft of the engine. In most cases, both the driving and driven elements are made in the form of flat circular discs, or the form of a cone. As well as centrifugal, the friction clutch is brought into operation by manipulating a separate handle.
Clutch operation principle.
Coupling for tiller consists of several important elements:
- Control devices;
- Lead element;
- Driven parts.
The drive unit consists of the front side of the engine flywheel and the pressure plate. The disc rotates with the attached flywheel. However, the disk can move along the axis to the flywheel. Between these two elements is the slave drive, which is located on the driven shaft. Along the perimeter of the pressure, the disc is spring elements in the form of cylinders.
The function of the springs is based on the compression of the disc, which they prop up.
In this case, the other end of the spring is in contact with the casing. Thus, the springs support the clutch for the tiller in a permanently engaged state.
The control mechanism is made of spin levers connected to the body of the pressure plates using slings and a pedal. By disengaging the clutch, the owner of the tiller uses the clutch cable, which transmits the force to the spin levers. When the springs are squeezed, the gears move the driven disc away from the pressure plate, which leads to the disengagement of the clutch.
The bearing reduces friction, avoiding the touch of a fixed slider with the levers of rotation. Most models of tillers are equipped with three levers located at an angle of 120 degrees relative to each other. With the help of a spring, each clutch lever returns to its initial position. At the same time, the cuttings are moved to the distance necessary for switching off the levers. If this distance is not reached, the clutch starts to slip.
How to make a clutch mechanism with your own hands?
Clutch tiller works on the principle of increased friction of the components, so quick wear can not be avoided. In this case, you should try to make a mechanism with your own hands.
The design of the self-made clutch will be composed of:
- primary shaft gearbox and flywheel car Moskvich;
- hub and knuckle from Tavria;
- Two brook driven pulley;
- Crankshaft from GAZ-69.
Subsequent work on assembling the mechanism is as follows:
- First you need to grind off the crankshaft so that it does not cling to other elements of the tiller;
- On the shaft we put the standard hub tiller;
- Next, the shaft must be machined space for the bearing. This operation should be carried out as accurately as possible so that the bearing fits perfectly onto the shaft. As a result, the hub should fit without any gaps, and the pulley should roll;
- Then turn the crankshaft over and do the same on its back;
- Then drill with a 5-millimeter drill to make six holes in the pulley. The distance between them should be the same. Since 10-mm bolts will be used, it is also necessary to drill holes on the back side of the wheel, which drives the driving belt;
- Next, install the pulley on the flywheel, and pull both parts off with a bolt. After this, mark the drilling points on the flywheel so that they coincide with the six holes in the pulley;
- Remove the pulley and drill holes in the flywheel;
- After that, put the pulley on again and securely tighten the structure with bolts;
- Grind the inner surface of the crankshaft and flywheel so that they do not fight against each other.
The finished design can be installed in a regular place in the tiller. Do not forget to connect the cables, bringing them as far as possible from the friction elements.