Trimmer, or lawn mowing. a tool that can not be done in the household. At the same time, its reliability, efficiency and long service life depend on many factors. For example, fuel quality. This means that you need to choose the right oil for the trimmer, observe the proportions when adding to gasoline and the rules for refueling the device.
Which oil to choose
For the effective operation of the trimmer, it is necessary to select oil for two-stroke engines. This is due to the lack of an oil sump in such a device. The following classification is distinguished depending on the chemical composition of the oil:
- mineral. based on petroleum distillate, suitable for low-power equipment and with an air type of cooling, but requires frequent replacement and can only be used in good weather in the warm season;
- semi-synthetic. suitable for garden equipment with air and liquid type of cooling;
- synthetic. based on esters, do not require frequent replacement and can be used at any time of the year.
Oil for 2-stroke engines is characterized by good solubility and complete combustion. For the trimmer, it is recommended to use a lubricant that is suitable for devices with an air cooling system. Most often, the packaging indicates that the oil is intended for gardening equipment and is marked TA, TV or TS. over, the last of them is most preferable.
Often, manufacturers of lawn mowers produce the right oil, so you can make your choice easier if you select the appropriate brand fluid.
What kind of gasoline to fill
Gasoline for the trimmer must be selected unleaded with a stroke number of 92 or 95. As practice shows, AI-80 gasoline can lead to damage to the device, which is a dubious saving.
The fuel must be fresh, that is, after purchase it can be stored for no more than 60 days.
Video: Dilute Petrol For Trimmer Oil For Push Pull
Other factors affect the quality of the fuel, for example, the use of a special lubricant for lawn mowing and diluting it in a separate container. It is also recommended to use special canisters designed to store gasoline.
How to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil
It is necessary to breed gasoline for the trimmer in the correct proportion. An insufficient amount of oil can lead to poor lubrication of the lawn mowing elements, which contributes to rapid wear.
The correct ratio can be found in the instructions for the trimmer. Most often it is 1:25, 1:40, 1:50. To obtain such proportions in 1 liter of gasoline, add 40 ml, 25 ml and 20 ml of oil, respectively.
Diluting gasoline with lubricant directly in the fuel tank is unacceptable, and the proportion of oil and gasoline must be clearly observed. If you ignore this rule, then the operation of the trimmer motor can be unstable, because of which it will quickly fail.
It is not recommended to use plastic bottles or canisters for this purpose. This is due to the fact that gasoline has the ability to dissolve plastic, which means that part of the plastic can get into the fuel tank, which can lead to damage to the carburetor. Although there are special plastic canisters marked “flame”.
This will require:
- oil suitable for two-stroke engines with an air cooling system;
- canister, better metal;
- mixing tank, also better metal;
A mixture of gasoline and oil should be made as follows:
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into the container, add half the right portion of oil. Mix thoroughly, do this extremely carefully away from sources of open flame.
- Add the remaining oil to the trimmer gasoline and mix thoroughly again. Now the fuel can be poured into the trimmer’s fuel tank.
The mixture can be stored for no more than three months, so it is better to dilute gas in such quantity that it is enough for several uses.
How and how much to refuel
Refilling the trimmer fuel tank is easy. To do this, place the tank so that the lid is placed on top. The amount of fuel depends on the trimmer model. This information is indicated in the instructions, there is also a mark on the tank directly.
Overfilling the tank is strictly prohibited.
This can cause the fuel to spill over into the inlet pipe and fuel filter, which can cause engine damage or ignition of the fuel.
When refueling the trimmer, the following safety precautions must be observed:
- try to fill the liquid so that it does not spill, you can use a watering can for this;
- if the gasoline spills, then immediately wipe it off;
- Trimmer start should be started after the fuel tank is removed in a safe and secure place, preferably at a distance of more than 10 meters;
- with a long break between operations, drain the remaining fuel.
The correct proportion and adherence to mixing and dressing technology will help extend the life of the trimmer. At the same time, it is recommended to choose only a quality product of the corresponding brand.