Known among gardeners for the Stihl FS 55 lawn mower, it differs from its market counterparts in high traction parameters, excellent quality of components and assembly, as well as increased reliability. The trimmer in this configuration is as simple as possible to operate and maintain. This, together with high suitability for self-repair, makes it possible for any budding gardener to start operating lawn mowers.
Lawnmowers device Stihl FS 55
The Stihl FS 55 trimmer stands out for its well-balanced and typical lawn mowing device. The model is based on a gasoline engine, which was developed using the proprietary Stihl 4-MIX technology. The motor device includes 1 chromed cylinder and a forged piston with an increased power reserve. This arrangement makes the ICE trimmer virtually silent and economical in terms of fuel consumption.
To safely start a full-time ICE, the manufacturer included the ElastoStart starting handle in the Stihl FS 55 lawn mowers. It stands out more smoothly and eliminates possible returns when pulling the cable. An additional spring is included in the starter device, effectively mitigating possible shocks during the return movement of the coil.
For the smooth operation of ICE, the manufacturer equipped the trimmer with improved electronic ignition. It provides a high voltage during ignition of the fuel mixture, which leads to its complete combustion without sedimentation of fuel residues on the inner walls of the muffler.
The manufacturer will include a membrane carburetor equipped with an enlarged combustion chamber in the original equipment of the Stihl FS 55 lawn mowers. All basic parts of the assembly are made of forged metals, distinguished by resistance to rust and overheating.
The force generated by the lawn mowing engine is transmitted through a hard drive shaft to an all-metal aluminum gearbox. Subsequently, the rotary system that rotates the mowing head or cutting knife takes on the torque from the internal combustion engine. This arrangement increases the speed of the lawn mowers and makes it as efficient as possible, regardless of the thickness of the weeds being cut.
For more comfortable operation, the manufacturer has provided a standard shoulder strap made of soft, durable materials in the basic equipment of the Stihl mower. The lawn mowers are also equipped with a 2-hand bicycle handle, which can be adjusted along the entire height of the bar. Almost all controls are placed on the right standard handle of the model, which makes it more convenient to operate the tool in hard-to-reach places.
The Stihl FS 55 lawn mower is largely popular among gardeners due to the increased factory parameters. In proprietary equipment, the model has the following technical characteristics:
- engine power. 1 l. with. at 8300 rpm;
- fuel mixture tank. 330 ml;
- coverage when mowing with cord / knife. 42/23 cm;
- permissible cord diameter. 2 mm;
- sound impact on the operator. 95 dB;
- vibration indicator. 5.8 m / s2;
- weight. 6 kg.
The total length of this Stihl garden tool is 1.7 m, which makes it possible to use it in a large number of decorative stands and in other inaccessible places.
Lawn mowing kit
When buying Stihl FS 55 lawn mowers, the gardener receives everything necessary for the assembly, regular operation and maintenance of the mower.
The trimmer’s market package includes:
- protective plastic casing reinforced with stiffeners;
- shoulder strap with metal carabiners for fixing on the bar;
- clear plastic glasses;
- metal key for assembly and maintenance of the trimmer;
- branded 2-string AutoCut mowing head.
Video: Dismantling the Shtil Fs551 Trimmer Engine
The instrument delivery also includes instructions for independent use and a warranty card. If necessary, the manufacturer can equip the Stihl FS 55 lawnmower with branded 2-stroke engine oil, a knapsack belt and several metal cutting disks.
The Stihl FS 55 Lawnmower is as simple as possible in preparation for everyday use.
The model is run in the following order:
- First, you will need to refuel a new lawn mower and add appropriate lubricant to its gearbox;
- Next, you need to run the trimmer and give it about 5 minutes to warm up;
- When the engine is warming up, use the key to correctly adjust the throttle position. As a result, the mowing head or knife should stop turning;
- As soon as the engine warms up, you should not fully press the trigger of the gas and hold it in this position for about 20 seconds. After that, you will need to release the trigger and let the engine idle for about 30 seconds;
- After that, you will need to muffle the lawn mowing and leave it for 20 minutes to cool;
- Then you need to start the trimmer again and start mowing them with young low grass;
- After 15 minutes of work with young vegetation, you will need to turn off the engine;
- At the end, you should start the trimmer engine again and move on to mowing taller and tougher vegetation.
In the future, the Stihl FS 55 trimmer can be operated in normal mode. To avoid tool breakage during intensive work with it, the operator will need to take 5-minute breaks after every 30-40 minutes of continuous use of the tool.
Stihl FS 55 gasoline / lawn trimmer is a lightweight, mobile scythe with a large power reserve. An indispensable helper for mowing meadow and ornamental grass vegetation, when mowing on wavy or rugged terrain. With the same productivity, the unit polishes on a soft grassy surface and clears dense thickets of bushes or overgrown grass. A small bar allows you to mow in inaccessible places: along the wall of the house, around shrubs, poles, benches.
- Stihl FS 55 gasoline / lawn trimmer. Description of the model advantages
- Stihl FS 55 gasoline / lawn trimmer. Model technical description
- Running the trimmer gasoline / lawn mowers Stihl FS 55. User manual
Stihl FS 55 gasoline / lawn trimmer. Description of the model advantages
- Ergonomic two-handed silver handle. It fits comfortably in the hand, does not slip out during operation.
- The engine control mechanism is built into the handle. This is done to enhance safe use.
- Replaceable cutting equipment expands tool functionality. Included with the Stihl FS 55 petrol / lawn trimmer is a disc for tough and overgrown grass, a disc for cutting bushes.
- Glasses for eye protection. They give direct and lateral protection, are blown inside, do not create a greenhouse effect of glasses, provide a good panoramic view.
- Shoulder strap STIHL. Comfortable use of the trimmer increases productivity, reduces energy loss, evenly distributes the load, does not put pressure on the shoulder. Frees hands for productive mowing, fixes the braid during operation.
- The tank is made of translucent material, which allows the operator to visually monitor the fuel level.
- Fuel consumption is controlled by a special system. Thanks to her, the trimmer economically consumes fuel, produces a small exhaust.
- Ease of trimmer control. To work with the tool does not require special knowledge and experience. The user will easily understand the buttons on the handle, indicated by common symbols.
- Lack of electric drive. A chainsaw works anywhere in a large area without a network connection.
Stihl FS 55 gasoline / lawn trimmer. Model technical description
- The total weight of 5 kg.
- Power 1.1 HP
- Direct boom design.
- T-shaped handle design.
- Cutting tools fishing line, metal disc.
- The maximum permissible mowing area is up to 1000 m2.
Running the trimmer gasoline / lawn mowers Stihl FS 55. User manual
Break-in trimmer is necessary for subsequent normal and long-term operation. When running in, the moving parts are rubbed in, the initial resistance in the drive mechanism is increased, to reduce it, the parts are slightly “worn out”. Also, the break-in process allows the beginner to learn how to control the trimmer.
- Before starting work, prepare the fuel mixture from the recommended grades of oil and gasoline indicated in the data sheet. The proportions are approximately the following: at 2.5 liters AI.95, 100 g of Stihl oil in red packaging is added. For mixing, purchase a container made of plastic, resistant to aggressive liquids, or an aluminum tank. An ordinary canister always with rusted microsites, accumulating in the saw carburetor, rust will lead to blockage and breakage of the assembly.
- The total operating time during the run-in is from 3 to 4 hours. During this period, it is not recommended to work with the tool at idle for more than 15 minutes. Constant pregasification is required for 20-30 seconds.
- It is possible to combine running and performing simple work without load, for example, mowing non-rigid vegetation.
- Once every six months, a tool with a warranty period must be brought to a service center for technical inspection and carburetor adjustment.