To understand this, you need to know the principle of operation of the unit as a whole. It happens and so, just bought, a new saw does not start, and begins the running around for service centers.
In such cases it is recommended:
- carefully read the instructions for use;
- to study in detail the method of the first charging and running of the mowers;
- try to understand the principle of the product;
- how to pump gasoline, and so on.
Causes of malfunctioning gas trimmers:
- the quality of gasoline is poor;
- the wrong proportion of gasoline and oil;
- clogged fine filter;
- lost spark.
Trimmer does not start after winter
In such cases, you must bring the unit to the service. Remove the fuel system, including filters (air, fuel), disassemble the carburetor, clean and clean each unit. Blow out air filters. Pay attention to fuel quality and octane.
You should note that the products of such well-known companies as STIHL, Husqvarna and other brands will not work on cheap gasoline with a low octane rating.
For them, suitable fuel from the brand AI. 92 and above from gas stations and then, with well-proven, as at gas stations, too, are lousy gasoline. The use of high-octane and high-quality gasoline will depend on how long you will use the trimmer and how long it will last.
It is necessary to take into account one more fact that during prolonged storage of a diluted fuel mixture, its working qualities drop, which also leads to consequences when the gas mower does not start. Therefore, you should dilute it in portions, that is, the amount of the mixture that produces at a time.
The instruction manual clearly describes and explains the mixing ratio of gasoline and oil. Strict adherence to the correct proportions will at least relieve you of several questions, why the gas mower does not start and what to do in such cases.
Trimmer starts and stalls. What to do?
- There is a spark, and everything seems to be normal, but the gas mower does not start, in such cases, you should check the air access valve in the fuel tank. Clogging of the valve leads to the creation of a vacuum in the tank, in which the carburetor loses gasoline so that the gas mower will start, but then stall. To eliminate this cause, you need to clean the valve and try to start a gas mower with a tank cap that is not completely twisted.
- If at the same time the gas mower does not start, remove and clean the fuel filter, and also check all the details of the carburetor, and then try to start. The gas mower does not start again, and the air filter is disconnected, try to start without it, if the gas mower started up meaning the reason in the air filter, replace it.
The trimmer does not start, the spark is gone
The loss of a spark entails checking the contacts and the correctness of the gap between them, the conductive wires to the candle and the candle itself.
The way to check the spark is to unscrew the candle, connect the wire to it, attach the candle sideways to the engine casing and pull the starter several times as if starting a trimmer while looking at the coal and the contact of the candle, a spark must run between them.
If there is no spark, take the same procedure to make a new candle; if this doesn’t trace a spark, it means a problem in the wire or contacts, it is better to replace them.
Trimmer does not start the cold
When starting a cold engine, it is not recommended to press the gas. Tilting the trimmer so that the air filter is on top, 5-6 times to press the fuel leaking button, set the function switching lever to the start position, pull the starter cord several times until the engine starts. After a few seconds of the motor, turn off the startup system.
Trimmer not start on hot
If the gas mower was recently in operation and has not yet had time to cool down but does not want to wind up. press the gas trigger, sharply pull the starter cord several times until the engine starts and only then the gas trigger is released. If a lot of time has passed and the trimmer has had time to cool down, then it is necessary to start up as during a cold one.
If the above methods did not help, the gas mower did not start, and then you should contact the service center.