Lawn mowers – ranking of the 10 best trimmers
We look at the TOP-10 best beznokos. What should be the best lawn mower? Inexpensive, high quality and durable. So which one is better to buy? We read and choose.
TOP 10 best petrol trimmers.
Previously, the review featured the Makita EBH251U, but now it has been discontinued and has been replaced by a more modern, updated model – the EBH341U. Perhaps for some, the cost of a model of a popular company will seem somewhat high. But the highest quality tools cannot be cheap.
The power of the device is 1 horse, but this power is enough to process an area overgrown with tall, unkempt grass. Neither operation nor transportation of the petrol trimmer causes discomfort.
|four-stroke motor||high price|
|minimum vibration and noise||no line|
|moderate weight – 5.9 kg||lack of power leads to winding of grass on the line|
Stihl FS 55
The main advantage of this petrol trimmer is a two-stroke engine that pulls with one horsepower. This is enough for many situations.
The manufacturers have predetermined the knife to rotate at a speed of no more than 7000 rpm. For some, these revolutions will not be enough. But this speed is designed to avoid damage to the knife, even when dealing with random branches lurking in dense grass. At the same time, the scythe can easily cope with any lawn greens.
|light weight – 5 kg||not very comfortable shoulder strap|
|no vibration load during knife operation||relatively high price|
|smooth start||upon purchase, the manufacturer forces you to choose between a knife and a disc|
|acceptable motor power|
Lawn mowers filter diagnostics
Another reason why the gasoline scythe stalls is the air filter. To eliminate it, try removing the filter and starting the trimmer without it. If possible, then you will have to change the air filter to a new one, or at least blow through and thoroughly clean the old one.
The petrol trimmer may not start if the fuel filter is dirty. This is the next step in our algorithm. Here we check the condition of the filter element and, if necessary, replace it with a new one. When replacing, try not to leave the suction pipe completely without a filter, this is prohibited by any operating instructions. Haste can turn into repairing the engine piston group.
complex reasons for lawn mowers failure
If the step-by-step troubleshooting algorithm does not work, and your scythe still does not start or stalls, it is worth inspecting the carburetor and the engine itself. A clogged carburetor can be one of the reasons for erratic tool performance. There are three main problems here:
- Clogged ducts or nozzles. All this is cleaned by special washes or blown by a powerful jet of compressed air from the compressor. Do not use needles and wires, as the bore may be damaged;
- Worn carburetor gasket. Exit – replacement of a failed gasket;
- Violation of tightness. To check this indicator, you can use an ordinary household tonometer, replacing it with a suitable pressure gauge. Watch the readings: if they do not change, everything is fine, and if the pressure starts to drop, then some part of the carburetor is faulty. We’ll have to find it and replace it with a new one.
If everything is in order with the carburetor, then the petrol trimmer may not start due to wear of the piston group. If chips, scratches or scuffs are found, the piston or cylinder should be replaced. Piston rings are subject to mandatory checks. A small backlash of the piston when rocking the connecting rod indicates that it is time to change the rings. It is best to entrust this procedure to the specialists of the service center.
How to start diagnosing lawn mowers
If the lawn mower does not start or immediately stalls after starting, it is necessary to sequentially check all the main components and assemblies. The verification algorithm is as follows:
- Fuel tank (fuel quality);
- Candle and candle channel;
- Air filter;
- Fuel filter;
- Outlet channel.
These nodes are most often the source of major problems that can be eliminated after a thorough inspection.
Popular brands of lawn mowers
- EFCO is Japanese-made equipment that operates with minimal noise and vibration due to the motor located at the top of the boom. Both fishing line and steel knives are used as cutting tools. The total weight of the equipment does not exceed 2 kg.
- AL-KO is a German lawn mower company. High quality, long service life and safety in use are the main criteria of the German manufacturer. The lightweight, easy-to-use tool handles both lawn mowing and weed removal.
- CRAFTSMAN is an American company that can rightfully be proud of the quality of its products. The models of trimmers produced by the company are very light and practical, moreover, they have a fairly reasonable price.
- CHAMPION is a Sino-American joint venture that has been well-known in both domestic and overseas consumer garden equipment market for many years. Models equipped with steel knives can easily cope not only with mowing lawns, but also removing young bushes.
- MAKITA is a popular Japanese brand in most countries, famous for the highest quality and an extensive range of lawn mowers. The tool is user-friendly, ergonomic and manoeuvrable.
Rating of the best lawn mowers – choosing a quality trimmer
Every year more and more summer residents and owners of personal plots use a trimmer or lawn mower to restore order on the lawn. Such a device allows you to efficiently cut the grass even in places where it is not easy to do it manually.
With lawn mowers, you can easily get rid of weeds under trees, trim the grass on the lawn, or do hay making. Every year, more and more new models of trimmers appear on the market of garden equipment, and therefore the choice of a quality device that meets all the requirements of a summer resident is very difficult.
Rating of popular lawn mower models
The high popularity of garden equipment, including trimmers, has led to the fact that manufacturers are constantly expanding their assortment line. All models may differ not only in price and functionality, but design and material, used in the manufacture.
These features make the choice of suitable equipment difficult and therefore the consumer must before buying a lawn mower see the most popular products, presented in the domestic market.
Powerful gas trimmer KRÜGER (Germany) equipped with a two-stroke engine. The power of the tool is increased: it is 3 kW or 4 hp. From. The KRUGER petrol trimmer can be used for a long time: thanks to the air cooling, it will not overheat. In operation, the KRUGER trimmer delivers 9000 rpm. It is suitable for processing areas of impressive size – up to 10 acres. The set includes spools with fishing line, which cut the grass on the lawn, as well as saw knives: with their help, branches of young trees and bushes are removed.
The functionality of the Kruger petrol trimmer is impeccable. It has everything for operator comfort and safety. The comfortable shoulder strap significantly extends tool life as it transfers the load from the arms to the shoulders. An important advantage of the Kruger trimmer is its affordable price.
Husqvarna 128R petrol trimmer – one of the most popular brands, designed for use in everyday life by owners of their own personal plots. Equipment with a full tank of fuel weighs no more than 5 kg, which allows it to be used for a sufficiently long period of time without overloading the back and arms.
The brand’s lawnmower features a built-in Smart Start function that makes starting the tool much easier. The power unit can be easily started in all weather conditions thanks to the unique Air Purge system for pumping fuel.
Gasoline lawn mowing unit Stihl FS-55 – a small device with a small lightweight motor. The total weight with a filled fuel tank does not exceed 5 kg. At the same time, the ergonomic parameters of the tool are thought out to the smallest detail, which makes it easy to maneuver the lawn mower.
The hand pump makes starting the motor much easier. Two types of knives act as cutting elements – disc and double-sided. The circular cutter is ideal for decorative lawn mowing thanks to the ability to control the height and cut of the grass.