MTD lawn mowers are popular all over the world. From 1932 to the present day, she has not lost her position in the production of gardening equipment and machinery.
Description of MTD brand lawn mowers
The company retains success and a leading position in the world market thanks to the introduction of the latest technologies and the constant expansion of its assortment. Therefore, it is she who owns the most modern mowing line equipment for the care of landscape gardening areas.
Any MTD lawn mower has excellent characteristics, high quality, ease of use, and is also equipped with a unique grass mowing system. The value of the mower is the presence of a metal knife designed in a special way. With extra strength, it provides accuracy and precision when mowing the lawn.
From the wide range presented by the manufacturer, you can choose the technique that meets the tastes of the most sophisticated consumer.
Gardeners, gardeners and park workers can opt for different models that classify, respectively:
- method of movement (non-self-propelled and self-propelled);
- power source (electric and gasoline);
- design features for the grass block.
Additional equipment greatly accelerates and facilitates the process of bringing the lawn in proper condition.
They have several advantages, which include:
- The presence of an internal combustion engine. Thanks to the energy of the fuel burned in the chamber, the device demonstrates a high efficiency coefficient and decent power.
- Mobility. The device is not tied to a power supply network. It can be used in remote areas.
MTD gas mowers
On a note. The body (deck) of the lawn mower is made of a very durable alloy that protects the device from damage.
The petrol mtd self-propelled lawn mower makes the mowing process more efficient. She moves on the surface of the site, independently performing the necessary operations. The only thing a person has to do is to monitor the direction of movement of the device.
Front-wheel drive models of MTD gasoline mowers from the company MTD are more maneuverable and convenient when used on hilly plots. They are equipped with a stainless steel knife and a regulator, which allows you to choose the optimal speed of movement.
Another advantage of MTD lawnmowers and its self-propelled gasoline models is the presence of a grass catcher. Large rear wheels with a tread make moving self-propelled tools easy. The models of this category include self-propelled devices MTD 46S Promo, MTD Smart 46 Spo, MTD Smart 53 SPO. For 3 years after the acquisition, they will work under warranty.
Non-self-propelled gas mowers
They are suitable for a plot of up to 8 acres. The main detail is a very sharp steel knife. There is a container for collecting grass with a volume of 60 liters and a four-stroke engine with a cooling system. Startup mode is manual.
Trimmers and lawn mowers are hand-held motorized tools used in relatively small areas. The trimmer is equipped with a fishing line that easily mows thin grass. On lawn mowers, nozzles can be changed; they cut the vegetation between trees, under fences, along walls. Moto. or lawn mowers are equipped with a gasoline two-stroke, sometimes four-stroke engine. As a working tool, a metal knife or saw is used.
Unlike previous models, non-self-propelled devices are human-controlled. Only physically well-developed people are able to use such devices.
Video: How To Change Honda Mtd Lawnmower Oil
Electric Driven Models
To tidy up flat areas, it’s advisable to use mtd electric mowers, which have undeniable advantages:
- no need to think about fuel and engine oil;
- have a small mass;
- do not make noise;
- environmentally friendly, do not smoke;
Electric Driven Models
But such devices are tied to power, so they are not entirely mobile. To remove the grass at a certain distance from the outlet, additional cables are needed, this slows down the work.
Top lawn mower models
Self-propelled MTD 46 SPO
Consumers are attracted to it by build quality (manufactured in Hungary), reasonable price and powerful Thorx 35 engine. It can process an area of about 10 acres. With the help of additional settings, the cutting height is adjusted.
MTD 46 S Promo
It is not inferior in popularity to the previous model: the engine power is 1700 watts (2.3 liters. From.), The diameter of the wheels (180 mm) provides full cross-country ability on incline terrain. The mowing range of the self-propelled tool is 28 to 92 mm.
Model MTD 46 S Promo
A step-by-step description of the actions and following the instructions will preserve the long-term and trouble-free operation of the tool. To do this, you must:
- Check for the presence of fuels and lubricants (gasoline and oil), for electric models. for damage to the cable.
- Sharpen the cutting knife only by specialists.
- If damage is found, take it for diagnosis.
- Turn off the device when stopping the mowing process.
- Level the soil so as not to dull the knives.
- Move the mower slowly and in one direction. forward.
- Near walls and fences use a trimmer or clippers to prevent damage to the knives.
- Discard the electric model if there is dew or rain. Use only on dry territory.
INit is important! It is imperative to comply with safety regulations so as not to harm your health and the health of loved ones.
Electric lawn mowers are used only in dry areas.
Lubricants and fuels
In accordance with the instructions, the mtd lawnmower should only be started after checking the presence of fuel and lubricants. For lawnmowers, trimmers and lawn mowers, special engine oil is used for a two-stroke engine with an air cooling system.
If the cooling system is liquid, it will not work. On a container with such oil there should be an inscription "for garden equipment". Typically, the ratio of oil to gasoline in the mixture is 2%: for 1 liter of gasoline, add 20 grams of lubricant. But it is different, depending on the operational characteristics. Before you begin, you need to find out.
Launch and operation
The first thing to do is to carefully read the instructions. Then:
- open the lid of the tank, fill the fuel to the mark and check the oil level, which is poured through the lid with a picture or the written word "oil";
- bleed the fuel pump;
- check the candles that are near the engine;
- open the throttle and move it to the middle or extreme position for normal gasoline access;
- pull the cord sharply; sometimes it may take several attempts.
Note! Since most of the newer models are equipped with a safety switch, it is important to hold it when starting the tool. If it is absent, it must be ensured that it is in a stable position.
During operation, remove residual grass from the knife and body. The tool must be stored in a dry room that is heated. Also, do not allow the engine to overheat.
Overheating can cause malfunctions.
Typical deviations in the operation of lawn mowers can be:
- Extraneous sounds, rattling: tighten loose bolts.
- Intense vibration: tighten the bolts and check that the knife is working.
- A wheezing sound indicates the presence of a foreign body, which should be removed by suspending work.
- Roughness cuts can be eliminated by sharpening or replacing blades.
- Stopping the front wheel drive: adjust the clutch cable tension.
- When the engine is stopped after start-up, they check the oil level or start the jammed elements manually or contact the garden tools repair service.
- The mower will not start: check the spark plugs and the presence of fuel.
Other problems, including wear and tear or factory defects, may also be causes.
Much depends on the proper care and maintenance of gardening tools. Then the difficult task of creating a beautiful lawn is carried out very successfully using reliable equipment.