The trimmer is a convenient and easy-to-use tool for mowing grass and pruning small bushes and trees.
As a cutting element, it is often used fishing line (string, cord), because it costs less than blade knives and is safer to use. With intensive use of the tool over time, you will need to change the line on the trimmer.
This process is similar on mowers from different manufacturers, be it Husqvarna or Huter, with possible minor differences.
When the trimmer is used regularly for grass mowing, the discs become dull, but they can be sharpened and continued to be used. The fishing line in the reel tends to end, so there is a need to refuel a new one, for which you need to determine the type of head and prepare a cord of the required thickness and length.
So, the mowing head is a cylindrical body in which a bobbin with fishing line is placed. Such a detail is present both on trimmers and on gasoline braids of any brands, be it Bosch, Makita, Stihl or another brand. The heads are of three types, depending on the method of refueling and feeding the fishing line.
- The principle of operation of the heads of the automatic group is that they independently feed the line when the mower reduces the engine speed. Such designs are convenient when working on large areas, but have the disadvantage of high cord consumption.
- The heads of the semi-automatic group are easy to operate. automatic line feeding is performed at maximum engine speeds. To unlock the cord, gently tap the tool on the ground, after which the unlocked thread extends from the spool. Cutting to the required length is done with a knife mounted on a protective casing.
- Manual cord trimmers must first be turned off and then the fishing line pulled out on its own.
On a note! The most convenient and best priced are semi-automatic cord reels.
Coils for electric and gasoline braids can be with one or two antennae fishing line. The former are used to trim low grass overgrowth, the latter are used to trim tall grass and small shrubs.
Preparation for replacing fishing line
Before replacing the fishing line, you need to pull out and then disassemble the head. Usually it includes a casing, a spring (on some models), a bobbin with fishing line, a cover.
It is necessary to disconnect the electric trimmer from the network (or muffle the gasoline), and then proceed to remove the coil.
It can be fixed in two different ways: in the first case, it is necessary to completely disassemble the head, and in the second. just remove it from the gearbox shaft on which it is mounted.
- find the latches on both sides, press and remove the cover to open the internal device of the head;
- there is a bobbin under the cover, it must be carefully removed from the case (sometimes a spring is hidden under it, it should also be carefully removed to the side so as not to lose);
- after removing the spool, a fixing bolt (or screw) becomes visible in the center of the housing, which must be unscrewed in the opposite direction to the clockwise movement;
- after removing the fasteners, hold the housing by swinging movements to remove the coil from the gearbox shaft.
The second method involves the following steps. The coil head is mounted on the gearbox shaft. To disconnect it, it is necessary to lock this shaft.
Usually in braids, for example, of the Champion or Stihl brand, a hole is made for this, into which a nail, a rod or a screwdriver is inserted.
After fixing the shaft in a stationary position, holding the housing, it is necessary to start turning the head clockwise, since the thread on the shaft is usually applied left.
Now that the head is removed and disassembled, it is necessary to determine how thick the cord should be.
You can find out the suitable diameter for your trimmer by looking in the user manual or on the bobbin itself, usually similar information is indicated on it.
Another way is to insert the thread into the hole from which it is fed. If the scrum goes without difficulty, it can be used for work.
On a note! To understand how much fishing line to reel for the reel, you need to wind it on a bobbin so that the height of the reel is not greater than the diameter of the sides. If the cord protrudes beyond the edges, the coil cannot be hidden in the casing.
Line winding algorithm
The order of winding the fishing line depends on the type of reel. with one or two antennae, as well as with automatic charging of the cord.
To the coil with one antennae
It is very easy to wind a fishing line onto a reel with one antennae. In such designs, depending on the brand of trimmer, two to five meters of cord is placed. The edge of the fishing line in the spool must be tucked into a special hole or groove, after which the string is wound in the direction opposite to the rotation of the coil during operation.
Advice! To understand in which direction to wind the thread, you should look at the bobbin case. usually marks are made on it that indicate the direction of movement of the bobbin during operation.
After the fishing line is wound, you need to leave a small piece (15-30 cm), thread into the exit hole of the spool and reassemble the head.
To the coil with two antennae
In spools of this type, you need to inspect the inside of the coil and determine the number of grooves for winding the cord provided in it.
Important! If there is one chute in the coil, then both antennae must be wound along a common groove, if two, then on separate tracks.
For winding, you need to take a piece of fishing line with a length of two to three meters.
For spools with one groove, you should thread the fishing line into the through hole, align the mustache, align and wind the spool in the direction opposite to its rotation during operation.
If locking grooves are provided, they need to thread the ends of the cord, then pull them into the outlet, then close the coil and put it back on its place.
For two-groove spools, the difference is that the length of the string should be folded in half. Next, you need to charge the middle of the bend into the groove between the grooves, then wrap each of the pieces of fishing line along its path, fix the antennae and assemble the reel as well as the bobbin with one track.
On trimmer head with automatic refueling
For heads with automatic refueling, it is enough just to wind and clamp the edges of the fishing line, and the tool will perform further winding on its own when turned on. It is impossible to make a mistake here, because the coil itself recognizes how the antennae should be located.
On a note! The advantages of trimmers with such a head include the convenience of laying the cord, and the disadvantages are the high cost and complicated repair.
Fishing line. varieties and the possibility of replacing with other material
The cord for the trimmer can be of different diameters (from 1.2 to 4 mm), and you need to choose it depending on what kind of vegetation you want to mow. the thicker the fishing line, the more rough grass it can handle. Experienced users recommend putting a fishing line with a thickness of 2 mm, which is universal.
The shape of the fishing line can be round (for juicy grass) or with sharp edges in the form of a square or an asterisk (for mowing dry grass). The second type is less durable and wears out faster in comparison with a round cord.
One of the popular questions regarding the operation of trimmers is whether it is possible to replace the special cord for mowers with other materials, for example, metal or steel cables and strings, wire, etc.
You need to know that the installation of such items is not recommended, because with them the trimmer turns into a dangerous technique. During the mowing, pieces of wire or metal will constantly break off and fly apart in different directions, risking injury to the worker.
And if you accidentally touch their limbs during work, a serious injury is guaranteed.
We answer to the owners of trimmers who are interested in using fishing line. this is allowed, but it will tear and wear much faster, and therefore require frequent replacement.
Advice! Fishing line is well suited for harvesting grass near a fence or wire mesh. instead of spending an expensive trimmer cord, you can charge large-caliber gear (2-3 mm), which is much cheaper.
Replacing fishing line on the disc
Depending on the type of vegetation covering the garden (lawn) and requiring removal, the fishing line changes to disk.
This is necessary, since the cord is used only for grass of small height, and if you need to mow tall growth, tree shoots or shrubs, instead of a string, it is better to use metal or plastic knife-disks.
Installing them correctly is very simple, the detailed process is usually described in the user manual and is similar for trimmers of different brands, be it Al-Co, Oleo-Mac, Patriot or another brand of equipment. To change fishing line to knives, you must:
- lock the shaft and remove the coil by turning it clockwise;
- put the knife on the sleeve;
- install the locking cover and in a counterclockwise direction tighten the nut, and then tighten it with a wrench.
You can read in detail how to change the reel with fishing line on the disc, in the instruction manual of the device.
Solving possible fishing line problems
Most of the problems associated with fishing line, similar for different trimmers and are solved in a similar way.
Regular line breaks are caused by:
- the presence in the mowing grass of solid objects: branches, stones, etc., contact with which breaks the string;
- mowing the grass is close to the fence, and if it is mesh, the fishing line breaks even faster;
- low-quality cord. a replacement for a new reliable consumable is necessary;
- wear of the outlet holes in the mowing head, as a result of which the fishing line breaks off from friction against the sharp edges of the bushings. it is necessary to replace the part with a new one.
High consumption of fishing line
Typically, the line ends very quickly if you constantly tap the semi-automatic reel on the ground or press it firmly to the surface.
In this case, the head is unlocked, the cord lengthens, and the knife cuts it. The second option is the fast consumption of fishing line. a trimmer with an automatic reel is not used correctly.
If the mower regularly reduces the engine speed, the string is constantly lengthened and cut, and as a result is quickly consumed.
The string does not hold
If a spring weakens in a semi-automatic coil, the fishing line does not hold and unwinds during operation. The cord extends, is trimmed with a knife, as a result, the owner of the equipment notices that the thread ends quickly.
Advice! To test the tool, you need to remove the protective cover and start the engine. if the fishing line extends, this means that the spring must be replaced with a new one.
Fishing line crashes
If the string flies when mowing, this is another evidence that the spring in the bobbin is weakened or completely lost when the head was not carefully dismantled. As a result, the cord does not hold and jumps out during rotation.
The string does not extend
In automatic reels and semiautomatic machines, the cord is fed without stopping the trimmer. If this does not happen, then:
- the fishing line in the head is not wound correctly, so the reel does not spin;
- the winding of the fishing line is uneven, so the cord gets stuck between the turns and does not come out. so that this does not happen, you need to wind the thread carefully, avoiding distortions, turn to turn;
- the ends of the cord coming out of the holes are very short, centrifugal force is not enough to remove them, so the fishing line is not fed. before turning on the trimmer, it is important to adjust the length of the thread and lengthen it slightly if necessary;
- the cord stuck together.
The coil does not spin
The reasons why the reel does not spin are similar to the lack of line feed. This is an incorrect or uneven winding of the string, its sticking, as well as the short ends of the cord coming out of the holes.
Fishing line sticks together
If the fishing line sticks together during operation, the main reason is the installation of a low-quality cord. During operation, the coil heats up, and a poor-quality string melts and sticks together. The second reason is the collision of the cord with solid objects. In this case, its sharp braking occurs, the thread is pulled into the head and sticks.
Advice! To avoid problems, you can apply mineral oil to the surface of the fishing line or, after winding it on the head, spray it with silicone. A more competent solution will be the acquisition of a good quality head, which will forget about such problems.
So, replacing the fishing line on the trimmer is not difficult if you know how to disassemble the coil and wind the cord. This process is similar for technology of different brands. A detailed description can be found in the instruction manual of the tool or see the video.
Reliable grass trimmers for 2019
- Huter GET-400 trimmer on Yandex Market
- Trimmer STAVR TE-1700R on Yandex Market
- Makita UR3502 trimmer on Yandex Market
- Husqvarna 128R trimmer on Yandex Market
- GARDENA SmallCut 300/23 trimmer on Yandex Market
How to reel a fishing line on a trimmer reel: key points
A gasoline or electric trimmer is an indispensable assistant in the arsenal of a modern summer resident or the owner of his own house.
Thanks to these garden devices, you can easily mow down even a large garden plot.
After acquiring this tool and doing a few tricks, many people think about how to properly wind the line onto the trimmer reel.
For an inexperienced user, the first operation to replace it will seem problematic and time-consuming, since developers often do not fully reflect the instructions for replacing the fishing line in the instruction manual.
Preparation for winding fishing line
Prior to the winding process, it is necessary to remove the reel with fishing line from the housing. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electric or gasoline), there are three structural types of trimmers:
- Compact electric trimmers.
A tool of this type has a lower arrangement of the engine and head, which in turn has two side buttons for removing the bobbin. When pressed simultaneously, the top of the reel with fishing line is disconnected, and the bottom remains rigidly attached to the braid. Experts recommend disassembling on a flat area in order to prevent spring popping.
- Moto and electric braids with a curved duralumin rod, not intended for use with a knife. As a rule, coils of such models are equipped with a special wing nut. Dismantling the spool should be done by holding the coil body with one hand, and twist the wing counterclockwise with the other.
- Powerful gas trimmers and electric braids with a direct barbell.
Straight Bar Trimmer
In such a model, it is possible to install a knife. Removing the coil in such models is done by means of two keys recessed into the coil body. To install the trimmer knife, it is necessary to combine the hole of the bobbin and the rod, and then insert the device in the form of a steel pin (screwdriver, iron bar). After fixing the coil, it is easy to unscrew the housing by hand clockwise.
Video: How to Change Or Winding Fishing Line On A Trimmer Coil: Ways And Nuances Of Winding, Winding With Your Hands
Winding fishing line on trimmer
The measured and accurate dismantling of the spool from the spit reel makes it possible to go directly to the winding of the fishing line.
The design features of the head, the number and location of the fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions when performing this operation, and also determine the methods used.
Today, there are several varieties of reels, depending on the number of antenna line fishing line and methods of refueling:
- Trimmer head with one working antennae;
- A bobbin with two antennae fishing line;
- Auto winding reel.
Single-Barrel Trimmer Coil
Single-mustache lawn mowing coil
Many owners and specialists note the simplicity of operation and refueling reels with one mustache. Depending on the manufacturer, the length of the fishing line can vary from 2 to 5 meters.
The end of the line is inserted into the head into a special technological groove or hole, and winding is made in the direction opposite to the working rotation of the bobbin.
Most coils on the outside of the case have marks in the form of arrows that indicate the direction of movement of the trimmer bobbin.
After winding, you need to leave a free end of 15-30 cm to enhance centrifugal force, which is crucial when removing the trimmer line in automatic and semi-automatic reels. We pass the left end through the working hole of the coil and assemble the head.
Double Antenna Trimmer
Two groove head
After removing the spool from the coil body, we determine the number of streams for winding fishing line (1 or 2).
There is no fundamental difference between bobbins with one and two grooves, but with careless refueling in a twin groove, there are problems with operation.
Due to the likelihood of weaving adjacent tool strings, a situation may arise when it is impossible to remove new ones after wear of the working antennae.
Regardless of the number of streams for refueling, a fishing line from 1.5 to 3 meters long is taken. Winding must be done in the direction opposite to the rotation of the head, since winding in the direction of travel will cause the line to not be removed from the reel.
After the fishing line is tucked into the trimmer coil, free ends (15-30 cm) are threaded through special holes. Next, we collect the head in the reverse disassembly order and check the performance.
Do not worry if the ends of the two antennae are very different in size, because when you start the trimmer, the knife installed on the guard will cut off the excess.
Trimmer head with automatic threading
Types of Trimmer Heads
In some models available on the market, a reel with an automatic winding mechanism is installed. It is enough for the owner to correctly tuck and fix the ends in the head, and the tool itself will perform the winding operation when it is switched on in the operating mode.
It is almost impossible to wind a fishing line into a trimmer with such a head, since the coil independently determines the position of the antennae.
The advantages of an automatic trimmer head include the ease of refueling fishing line, and the disadvantages are frequent breakdowns of the mechanism due to the complexity of the design and high cost.
How to reel a fishing line on a trimmer reel: key points was last modified: June 28th, 2018 by Administrator
How to thread fishing line into the trimmer coil? Video instruction
First of all, for winding fishing line it is required to remove the reel (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer. specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of product itself:
- Small electric trimmers with a working arrangement of the engine and the coil in the lower part, as a rule, have side keys on both sides of the bobbin. By pressing them simultaneously, the upper part of the reel, together with the internal contents for winding the fishing line, is disconnected, while the lower one remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on an even smooth place so that the spring included in the design does not pop out and is not lost;
- electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved rod without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have coils with a special wing: in such designs, you should hold the spool in one position with one hand and rotate the locking reel on the wing nut with the other counterclockwise. After disconnecting the nut, the entire reel is removed.
- electric and petrol trimmers with the possibility of installing a knife on a straight bar (for example, Stihl trimmers) have a hole under the bobbin. For the motion of the rod to be stationary, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and with a slow rotation, such a mutual arrangement is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bobbin is fixed. After that, the coil body scrolls clockwise (with the left thread) and is removed from the trimmer.
For the second and third cases, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in various ways. In bobbins with a lamb, a lamb is twisted, in coils with latches, latches-clamps are pressed and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the spool are threaded, it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
Want to see? Rating of the best lawn mowers!
We carry out winding fishing line
Slowly completed disassembling the spool reel without losing its spare parts allows you to go to the main task. winding fishing line into the reel. Technological features of the design of the spool and the number of working antennae determine the sequence of actions.
Coil with one working antenna
The easiest option and a simple sequence of actions:
- The dimensions of the bobbin and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended fishing line length for winding. 2. 5 m.
- One end of the fishing line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the spool.
- The fishing line is wound on the drum in the reverse direction of rotation of the spool on the trimmer product. as a rule, on the inner side of the bobbin an arrow indicates which direction the winding is going.
- A small section of fishing line is left free to bring it out. it is fixed in a specialized groove on the inside of the reel, designed to hold the winding when assembling the spool in working condition.
- The left end of the line is passed through the hole on the outside of the bobbin.
- The bobbin halves are assembled and put on the bar of the trimmer.
Coil with two working antennae
In this type of spools, you should determine the number of grooves for winding fishing line lying on the inside of the reel:
- one groove. both antennae are wound together along one groove;
- two grooves. each antennae is wound on an individual groove.
For both cases, a fishing line 2-3 m long is taken.
In single-groove reels, the fishing line is pulled into the through hole, its ends (antennae) are folded together and aligned, after which they are wound in the opposite direction of rotation of the bobbin on the side of the bar. the correct direction of winding is usually indicated inside the arrow.
In the presence of fixing grooves, the ends of the fishing line are threaded into them or held by the fingers of their free hands, threaded into the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the spool is closed and attached to the bar of the trimmer.
The difference between winding fishing line in two-groove reels is that initially a piece of fishing line 2-5 m long is folded in half (to determine the middle bend), and the bend loop is inserted into a special groove between the grooves. Both antennae of the fishing line are wound each in its own groove, the fixation of the antennae and the reel assembly are similar to the one-groove variant discussed above.
- The first implementation of this procedure may seem long and rather laborious, but with time and experience this task will be solved much faster and easier.
- The video below will clearly show how to put the fishing line into the reel of the trimmer and wrap it correctly. this operation is not difficult and with some patience will certainly succeed:
Automatic reeling of fishing line
There is a variety of coils in which the automatic mechanism makes winding on its own. from the user it is enough just to properly fill the line.
The fishing line is passed through the hole on the inside of the case, its antennae without winding is passed through the hole on the external case, the spool is assembled, and when the winding button is rotated, the line inside is wound up independently.
In such a spool, it is impossible to make the winding incorrectly: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, since it can only turn in one direction.
Learning how to wind the line on the trimmer reel and lawn mowers correctly. Installation instructions
Owners of private homes know how necessary this type of tool is, as a trimmer. It can be gasoline and electric, but they differ in the design of power units.
To cut grass in areas where there are stones, trees and other obstructing objects, a fishing line is used as a cutting device.
This consumable wears out during application, so how to wind the trimmer coil, we will consider in detail in the material.
What you need to know about fishing line for trimmer
A fishing line is a consumable that consists of nylon and serves as a cutting device.
By means of this equipment, grass mowing occurs, which is ensured by rotating the tool head with high frequency.
This material has a different thickness, which depends on its use on the corresponding tools, low-power electric (from 1 to 1.6 mm), electric from 500 W (2-2.4 mm) and gas trimmers with lawn mowers (from 2.4 to 3 , 2 mm).
The more powerful the tool, the correspondingly thicker the cutting tool should be. This affects not only the quality of the grass mowing, but also the life of the material.
If you are wondering how to wind the trimmer coil, then it’s time to change the reload tool.
With the onset of spring, this issue becomes more and more popular, so it’s time to understand the step-by-step instructions for replacing the fishing line in the trimmer coil.
How to remove the reel from the trimmer and remove the fishing line
Initially, before you put fishing line in the trimmer coil, you need to remove it from there. A coil or pickup is a device that is located inside the mowing head, bobbin or drum.
The heads come in different types (depending on the manufacturers), however, the principle of replacing fishing line on the reel is the same for everyone.
First of all, we will figure out how to remove the head from the tool, as well as how to get the drum and fishing line out of it.
It is interesting! Tooling can be replaced directly on the tool, but if you are doing this for the first time, it is still recommended to remove the head and study the detailed winding process. After the technology has been mastered, you can perform replacement work on the trimmer lawn mowing or lawn mowing.
The instruction on how to unwind the manual head on the trimmer has the following form:
- Turn the tool upside down and, if necessary, clean it from contamination. Use two fingers of one hand to hold the cover latches (on the mowing head), which are located symmetrically to each other. After lightly pressing them inward, remove the protective cover from the drum
- Next, the fishing reel should be removed from the drum shaft. It is mounted on a shaft without fasteners, therefore it is dismantled with one hand
- The main part of the drum is fixed with a screw, which must be unscrewed with a screwdriver with the appropriate tip or bit
- To unscrew it is necessary to hold the base of the drum with one hand, and the second to perform unscrewing with a screwdriver counterclockwise
- After that, you can proceed to dismantle. To do this, you do not need to pull it with all its strength, but slightly swaying to the sides, slowly disengage from the metal shaft on which the drum is mounted
- When reinstalling, put the head into the slots of the tetrahedral shape
This process is not difficult, and as you know, it is not necessary to dismantle the entire head if you know how the replacement is performed. When dismantling, consider the following nuances:
- Periodically removing the head is recommended to prevent corrosion of the threaded connection. If you never unscrew the screw, then if necessary, it will be difficult and even sometimes impossible
- If the screw has a four-sided boring of the head, then a screwdriver or bits of the appropriate size should be selected for twisting to prevent the faces from licking on the head
- When assembling the installation, treat the threaded seat with lubricants, for example, solid oil or machine oil
- If the faces on the screw are licked, then you can use special clamping tongs to unscrew it
- There are drums that do not require pre-disassembly. To dismantle them, grasp it and turn it clockwise in the opposite direction
Knowing how to disassemble the drum, you should continue to clarify the process of replacing the trimmer fishing line. The video below shows a detailed process on how to open the trimmer coil and disassemble it.
Depending on the manufacturer, the heads differ structurally not only externally, but also internally. Most drums have a clamping spring inside (semi-automatic and automatic).
Above is an instruction on how to disassemble a trimmer head without a spring, i.e. on a manual type head.
The principle of dismantling a semi-automatic head with a spring inside is almost identical to the above described instructions.
The principle of operation of the semi-automatic trimmer coil is as follows:
- Inside the head is a coil that is seated on the slots, preventing its free movement
- A spring acts on the coil, which presses it against the slots in the cover structure
- A line is wound around the tip, the length of which depends on the tool itself. Usually this length is from 1 to 4 meters
- During the execution of the work, if it is necessary to increase the length of the fishing line, the protruding part of the drum is clamped, whereby it disengages from the slots. In this case, the fishing line is wound off the drum, increasing in length
- After releasing the required amount of fishing line, you should release the pressing, and continue to work on the cutting of grass
The advantage of a fishing line tool is that this consumable material does not require sharpening compared to metal discs. In addition, if there is a stone or a tree on the way, the line simply comes off, without adversely affecting the gearbox and the tool motor, as is the case with metal cutting discs.
Knowing the design and arrangement of the types of mowing or trimmer heads, it is necessary to go on to consider the process of refueling fishing line into the trimmer coil. Indeed, it is this moment that causes the majority of owners of special tools difficulties.
Instructions with a step-by-step description of how to wind the trimmer coil and lawn mowers
In order not to be mistaken with the choice of a suitable fishing line for your tool, you should first disassemble the head, and look at the side wall of the reel. This information is usually presented on a tip that will not allow you to make a mistake with the use of appropriate equipment.
If the information on the reel about what diameter the fishing line can be refueled, then this information can be clarified in the instructions. Having decided on the thickness or diameter of the snap, it remains to figure out how to charge it.
There are two ways to do this, but not all of them are applicable.
We will consider both methods in detail, and depending on which models of lawn mowers and trimmers you use, you decide on your own which option is suitable.
It is interesting! The principle of how to wind a fishing line on a tip of a lawn mowers is relevant not only for autonomous petrol units, but also for electric trimmers.
Method 1. how to wind the fishing line correctly or put it on a reel and choose the required length
To implement this method, you will need to pre-prepare a fishing line of the required length (usually up to 4 meters). It all depends on the thickness of the equipment used, as well as the design of the coil.
There is an easy way to find out the required amount of fishing line, the refueling of which will be needed to charge the coil. To do this, the equipment should be wound inside the coil until it is equal to the side protrusions.
Equipment should not go beyond these extreme protrusions.
The thicker the equipment used, the less its length will be needed and vice versa, the thinner, the longer the segment will be needed.
The instruction on how to properly rig the equipment into the tip of the trimmer or lawn mowers is as follows:
- To begin with, the piece of fishing line that was prepared to be installed in the reel must be folded in half. In this case, one edge should protrude 10-15 cm more than the second
- After that, the second end is taken from the other side, and doubled up. Move to it so that the measured protrusion of 15 cm is preserved
- There is a slot in the inner baffle of the coil into which the resulting loop should be inserted. The slot in the wall is shown in the photo below.
- Next, we find out the direction of winding the fishing line. If you wind the equipment in the wrong direction, then it will not function correctly, and you will need to redo the work. To insert the fishing line and wind it in the right direction, you should inspect the surface of the reel. It should indicate the direction of winding (in 99% of cases, this direction is indicated). How the direction indicator on the coil looks, shown in the photo below
- This arrow pointer can also be labeled, as in the example above, “WIND LINE”, which means the direction of winding. If the pointer is not on the coil, then look at the head. On the head there is a direction of its rotation, and to properly wind the line, you should wind it on the drum in the opposite direction to the indication of the arrow pointer. So, if the arrow is on tip, then you need to wind in the specified direction, and if it is not there, then you should wind against the direction of the arrow on the surface of the head
- Having decided on the direction of rotation, you should proceed to winding. Each end should lead in its groove. If there is no separator, then fit the equipment in the appropriate distribution order
- When almost all the fishing line is wound on a reel, you will need to do the following. place a short part in the hole of the tip side wall, the protrusion of which should be up to 10-15 cm, and then similarly do the procedure with the other end, placing it in the hole on the parallel side
- We insert the reel into the head, previously skipping the ends of the fishing line into the holes of the drum
- We put the drum in place and pulling the ends of the fishing line, we disengage them from the temporary clamps in the wall of the reel. After that, you can put on the cover until the latch
- On this, the process of how to replace the fishing line on the trimmer is completed, and if necessary, you can cut only the ends (if their length does not suit), and install the drum assembled on the instrument
With how to put the drum in place, no difficulties arise. There is a second way, how to charge the mowing equipment in the lawn mower. What is the difference, and how is the second method of refueling fishing line on the lawn mowing coil carried out, we will find out in detail.
The second method differs from the first in that not a single piece of equipment is charged into the coil, but segments of two parts. This method is used by manufacturers, and it is also suitable for those who have leftover material. The principle of how to insert two pieces of fishing line into the tip of the lawn mowing is the same with the first method, and to make sure of this, below is a detailed instruction:
- There are two equal lengths of material that can be used.
- One piece is taken, and the edge is bent in the form of a clamping bracket or hook, with the help of which the fishing line will be fixed
- Inside the coil there are holes in the form of a bracket for fixing, which are there for a reason. If they are not, then the second option will not work. The appearance of these brackets is shown in the photo below. Each bracket is in its own half.
- Brace fishing line should catch on the bracket, and make it winding in the direction of the arrow
- The tooling is wound up until a segment of 10-15 cm remains, which is fixed in the corresponding hole on the side of the tip
- Similarly, the manipulation of the second end of the fishing line
- The tabs start up in the holes of the head, and then, removing the snap-in from the temporary fasteners in the coil, a cover with latches is installed
The above instructions on how to install a fishing line in a lawn mower will help not only correctly, but also quickly perform the replacement procedure. Assembly of the trimmer coil, as mentioned above, can be performed without removing the head, but in this case you will need to conveniently fix the tool. Video instruction is presented below.
There are some useful tips and tricks that will be useful to learn not only for beginners, but also for experienced mowers. These tips will help prevent negative consequences in the form of injuries and improper functioning of the mechanism. These recommendations read as follows:
- Install the cover until it clicks. over, this is 2 or more clicks, which depends on the number of clips. If one latch does not snap in, then when you start the tool, the drum may pop out and injure a person
- Do not wrap the fishing line with a strong pulling it, as well as in an amount greater than you can insert it into place. It’s better not to wring the snap than it will be more, as this will lead to negative consequences in the form of the inability to unwind it if necessary
- If you own a tool not with two leads of the fishing line, but with one (usually these are low-power units), then the winding process is carried out in the same sequence as described above, only with the difference in the absence of a middle rim between the extreme bases of the coil
- After replacing the material, it is necessary to first check the operability of the tool, and only then proceed to mowing the grass. If you do not perform a preliminary check, then the forest can unwind and injure a person
It is interesting! Choose material of the appropriate quality to avoid personal injury when working with lawn mowers, trimmers and lawn mowers.
In the process of mowing grass, small stones and other materials fall under the rotating parts, which can fly off over long distances, therefore, despite the fact that the fishing line is not a knife, work with the tool should be carried out in protective special uniform.
The result of the work done is the following. after the replacement of new material, the usual one is enough for an area of up to 600 square meters, but taking into account the presence of a reinforcing layer on the fishing line. Conventional nylon materials serve less, which is important to consider when working. Do not try to mow thick-stemmed grass with fishing line, as there are special metal discs or knives for this.
Which direction to wind the fishing line on the trimmer
How to wind a fishing line onto a trim reel
Many, having developed a factory line on a trimmer not so long ago, try to rewind the latest, but they can not, because they do not know how to win line on the coil (bobbin) of the trimmer. As if the annotation is, but still does not work. Let’s try to deal with this issue in this article.
So, in order to rewind the fishing line, it is necessary, for starters, to remove the coil from the trimmer. it will be more convenient. The removal method will depend on the type of trimmer.
Remove the coil from the trimmer
How to wind a line onto a mowing head of a trimmer or lawn mowing machine
The video carefully shows how win line to the reel trimmer or lawn mowers. Gas station fishing line mowing
How to wrap fishing line on a trim reel?
The answer to the question after the previous video.
than 200 types of trimmers in one place at the lowest prices. Click and watch
Now, having removed and disassembled the coil, we proceed, in fact, to winding.
If your coil is designed to work with only one antennae, then everything is very simple.
It is necessary to rewind 2-4 m of fishing line (depending on the size of the reel), find the hole fixing the fishing line on the inside of the reel, stick one end of the line there and start winding fishing line in the direction opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil on the trimmer.
On the the inside coils are usually indicated by an arrow in which side to wind fishing line. After winding up the fishing line, leave a small piece of it unwound to expose it.
We fix this piece in a special groove located on the inside of the reel and created so that the fishing line does not unwind at the time of collection of the reel. If there is no such groove, then you will have to hold the fishing line with your finger to prevent it from unwinding during the upcoming collection of the reel. Next, take the outer part of the reel and thread the outer piece of fishing line into the existing hole, collect and put the reel back on the trimmer.
If there are 2 grooves, we fold the piece of fishing line 2-4 m long in half, insert the loop obtained at the bend point into the groove between the 2 grooves, and immediately wind both ends of the fishing line each in its own groove. Subsequent acts are similar to the previous version.
That’s all for the matter. How to replace a fishing line in a trimmer How to wind a fishing line on a mowing head of a trimer. Successful winding!