How to cut a ceiling plinth in the corners
The quality of the ceiling decoration greatly affects the appearance of the room. Therefore, they try to do everything perfectly, or very close to this. The final bar is a ceiling plinth during the design. They give the finish a finished and holistic view. The strips themselves on even surfaces are mounted simply: on a special glue of white color, but problems arise with the design of the corners. Without knowledge of how to make the angle of ceiling plinth correctly, a lot of material spoils. About how and how to cut it in the corners and tell.
The very first skirting boards on the ceiling were made from gypsum. They were cast in special forms, then on the solution was installed on the ceiling. Called such figured jewelry fillets. Today you can see them infrequently: they are expensive, and outwardly almost no different from cheaper options. And the name is almost lost.
The most popular ceiling skirting boards from polyurethane or polystyrene are most popular today. They are inexpensive, look wonderful, easy to install, have a wide range of profiles and drawings. The width can be from 5 mm to 250 mm. They are used in almost any rooms decorated in any style. Exception. wooden houses with the corresponding interior. Here, most often use wooden products. the style dictates its conditions.
Part of the assortment in a specialized store
There is also a similar plastic finish. It is mainly installed in bathrooms. But even in wet rooms, you can without fears to mount polyurethane planks. they are not afraid of damp.
Cut the ceiling plinth in the corners of any material one of the methods described below. Only plastic skirting boards: such an angle can be arranged only using ready.made corners.
Than and how to cut off
Work with skirting boards from different material involves the use of different cutting tools. When working with a ceiling skirting board made of wood, it is more convenient to work with a wood saw. All the rest, including plastic ones, made of polystyrene and other polymers, are better cut by metal canvas. It turns out a more even cut, less a burr. Saws are usually used when working with a stupid.
Correctly decorated corners look attractive
When working with pairs of foam without special devices, they cut them with a good stationery knife. Its blade is quite thin and even, the cut is smooth, not obsolete. If you work with a polyurethane or polystyrene with a saw, do not press hard: you can mate.
In general, in order to get a little to the tool and material, take some piece and practice it: cut, saw, cut. So there will be fewer problems when working.
Saws of several types of use that differ in the area of application and characteristics are produced. The main application of the circular saw is still the sawing of the boards.
Let’s get acquainted with some types of circular saws:
Toleled saws 12.5 cm with blades having small teeth. As a rule, the blade is located on the motor on the left side, so that it would be more convenient to observe how the blade goes. There is a variable voltage model of 120V, as well as with a battery that works with various constant voltage;
- saws about 17 cm for pruning along the length of lumber. It works well with a longitudinal harsh, cuts plywood, composite material;
- saws of 19 cm or skille-saw. They cut off materials with a thickness of more than 5.5 cm. Designed for sawing materials of supporting structures, as well as for longitudinal cutting. Available with a set of blades that can be used to cut composite material, concrete, metal, etc. P.;
- saws of 20 and 25.5 cm in size, designed to cut large woodpecker lumber with a thickness of up to 10 cm along the length. Similar tools are heavier and large in size. They are mainly used on an industrial scale;
- Models 22 cm having a worm drive equipped with a gearbox and engine. They are used more often for longitudinal cutting of lumber or for cutting plywood sheets for formwork. Here the blade is located on the left side of the motor.
How to Use A Speed Square and Bevel Gauge to Find Angles in Woodworking
Tips for beginners when choosing
It is important, when purchasing, pay attention to the characteristics of the saw
So, for example, most of the models can be adjusted from 90 to 45 degrees, which makes it possible to cut the mowed ends, tent rafters and cut at an angle of forty.five degrees. Almost all saws have a screw with a lever to weaken the bolt, which holds the blade at the right angle for cutting. Some models have a scale showing the angle of inclination of the blade from 0 to 45 degrees.
When buying, be sure to pay attention to such an indicator as the saw depth
Note: the depth of drunk saw can be from 30 to 130 mm.
You need to know with the boards what thickness you have to work. The choice of a saw for a saw is also very important. For a neat cut, a disk that has a larger number of teeth is suitable. If a disk with rare teeth, then the cut will occur faster, but the cut will be rude.
Slices using such a saw, as a rule, are even and practically absent chips
How to cut corners with a bunny?
Fetling is a professional carpentry device that should be used in order to cut off any workpiece evenly and with a given cut angle. Outwardly, the knock looks like a shallow tray made of plastic or wood, on the sides of which there are notches at an angle of 90 ° or 45 °. It is these slots that allow you to cut off the cut angle for the angular docking of the ceiling cornice along this template. advanced species of cheros are also produced, which make it possible to cut moltening at an angle of 60 °.
Correctly determine the internal or external angle under which you need to cut the skirting board, it is necessary based on the measurements of the angles of the decorated wall.
To accurately determine the angle, in some cases it will be necessary to cut the wallpaper, subsequently they will not interfere with the installation of the prepared cornice. Cutting the ceiling cornice is performed for various types of angles of the decorated room.
Processed Molding, first of all, must be pressed close to the ceiling and measure the necessary length. Then the workpiece is transferred to the knock and hold it in this way, so it will be mounted towards the ceiling surface. Holding the workpiece tightly with one hand, take the saw in the other hand and sawn the part under the angle we need. In the process, when it is required to cut the desired section of the angle, it is not recommended to press with great effort on the saw. the movements must be done smoothly and accurately. Then it is necessary to cut off the symmetrical part of the second ceiling molding, which will form a joint.
The procedure is performed with a similar method. first they apply molding to the ceiling, outline the pruning site and using the cushed this part of the decor is cut at the required angle. Further, you will need to dock both prepared cuts and see how tightly they are in contact. The cutting line for the trimmer of the cut can be adjusted with the help of a file or with the help of emery.
The outer angle is cut a little different. Experts recommend first mark and cut the internal corners, and then engage in the preparation of external angles. The cornice is pressed to the ceiling and mark the place for trimming the angle. Next, the barniza bar is laid in the knock and its pruning occurs. The second workpiece is prepared in the same order of the algorithm. When both corners of the cornice are cut off, they check their docking quality. If irregularities are detected, two parts are adjusted more tightly.
Considered trimming options are conveniently performed using.
This method can be convenient when the angle at the site of the walls is exactly 90 °.
However, in practice, perfectly even walls are rare, in this case other methods will have to be used to prepare a ceiling cornice.
How to do without?
For a perfectly flat fitting of two angles at the junction of the ceiling cornice, you can cut the workpieces without placing them in the knock, and performing the marking immediately on the ceiling. To determine and put a mark for the inner angle, the length of the ceiling cornice will be measured, starting from this particular angle. In order to make the marking of the outer angle, it should be borne in mind that in the direction of the room a wide cornice will go out exactly to its width.
Let us consider in more detail how to saw a plinth without the use
- On the right side of the corner, it is necessary to press the cornice to the ceiling surface and draw an additional straight line, placing it along the outer side of the workpiece.
- Where the drawn lines will be able to cross, this point and draw from it a straight line for a trimmer leading to the lower corner of the baseboard. This will turn out the marking along which the skirting board will be cut at the required angle.
- The next step, when both corners are cut off, they are folded towards each other and check the quality of the resulting docking seam. In case of errors detect, they are removed using sandpaper, as well as a file.
- After both blanks are perfectly fitted, the cornices must be cut into the required length and glue on the wall. Pruning is not produced before the moment of the perfect race of cuts of corner joints. During installation, you need to know that to decorate the stretch ceilings, the ceiling skirting board is not fixed to the ceiling, but it is mounted only on the wall.
For pruning the skirting boards, with the aim of docking it in the inner corner of the room, the marking is made as follows:
How to Cut a Perfect 45 Degree Angle to Make a Picture Frame
- Fold both skirting boards with each other and, if the joint is made inaccurately, one of the sides must be cut again; After a perfectly executed joint of the baseboard, you can fix on the wall.
When installation is carried out with a wooden or polyurethane ceiling cornice, inaccuracies in the site of the docking are corrected with a file. To adjust the cuts of foam or polystyrene foam parts, defects can be eliminated using a sharp knife. This technique of trimming the ceiling cornice is convenient in those houses where the external or inner angle is not designed exactly under 90 °, but has a size, for example, 87 ° or 94 °. The use of the struck in this case will be ineffective.
In some situations, you still have to fit the size if the angle of walls is not exactly 90 degrees. In this case, you will have to achieve a characteristic inclination of fillets using other methods. If there was no struck at hand or there is no desire to use a carpentry machine, you can do otherwise. In construction stores, special plugs are sold, which are distinguished by excellent style. They will perfectly hide all the flaws of uneven sawing. To achieve excellent aesthetics with the help of such elements, it is necessary to saw off the ceiling skirting board in size, cut off at an even angle, glue the fillets, and install a decorative angle in a difficult mating place.
How to correctly and quickly cut off the ceiling baseboard in the corners, watch in the next video.
Ways of circumcision
There are other options for cutting skirting boards without using.
If there is no way to make a knock manually, you can use the marking method in the place, and the angular skirting board will look perfect.
- The first thing to do is to correctly cut the blanks.
- First you need to attach one bar to the wall with the opposite side, then make a note on the surface. To do this, outline the entire skirting board.
- Where the lines will be crossed. there will be a place of connection of the planks.
- In the future, you need to transfer the sign to the plinth.
- It is necessary to draw a line from a point to the end of the plinth.
- Cutting goes strictly along the intended lines. No need to make a big pressure with this procedure. After that, without the use of glue, it is worth comparing the strips so that they are perfectly joined with each other.
How to make a knock with your own hands?
To make a knock on your own, two boards will be required. The blanks must be connected to each other in the form of the letter p. In the future, markings are made on it, according to which slots will eventually be made where skirting boards will be inserted for sawing. The markings themselves are made at an angle, at which the skirting board will be cut off. It is important to understand that the slots themselves should be small, because the main thing that is needed is from the STRECT is the fixation of the board.
Another way to make a knock is to connect a knock and the template was struck. In order to cut the baseboard was convenient, you need to make a blank that will be easy to use and will not require work on weight. Can be made from two unnecessary boards corner. Take a sheet of paper, and draw an angle of 45 degrees on it. The skirting board must be attached to the corner, applying the side that should be cut. The markup, what is made on paper, must be moved to the place of the saw, and a piece is necessary for it to sawn down.
How to cut with a template?
If there is no way to make a full.fledged knock, then you can use the template made on paper.
To do this, draw, and then cut out small holes on cardboard or thick paper. At first, angles are drawn on paper, under which the skirting board should be cut. After this, the point is connected. Then holes are made at the point of points. Paper with slots is applied to the skirting board and the designations are transferred to it. Skirting boards must be cut off by marking. In the case when it was not possible to cut the perfect skirting board, it is easy to fit it with a knife.
Tips and recommendations
There is a situation when you need to make repairs very quickly, but unfortunately, there is not very much time. In such a situation, you can use the method of orientation on the ground, but it should also be competent so that the joint is perfect.
The transporter is taken and the angles in the room are measured. A good situation if it comes out that the angle is 90 degrees or 45. Unfortunately, this does not always happen. If the angle is correct, then the hoop is used. If not, then the markup is in place. When marking in place, it often happens that even after processing with a knife, the angle does not perfectly join.
In such a situation, it is necessary to cut off a piece from the first skirting board, which can close the formed gap, cut off so that the angle is perfect. This strip is inserted into the gap and carefully closes it. And also this method will help to round the angle of the skirting board, which is often required when repairing.
What is necessary for the formation of an inner angle, not equal to 90º
- It is necessary to make preliminary markings on the floor with a pencil. Profiles are alternately applied on both sides and their boundaries are planned. Thus, rhombus forms in the corner. His diagonal will be a feature of sawing.
- We apply the bar to the resulting figure and put the diagonal mark.
- Connect the label and corner of the plinth. This angle of inclination will be a line of cut.
- The resulting side line must be painted in the color of the skirting board.
If the inner angle is cut off with a small exaggeration, this will make it possible to make a fit most accurately. Sometimes in plastic or foam at the final stage, a plug is inserted into the joint and a beautiful, neat angle is obtained. In wooden products, the joints are simply neatly fitted, putty is ineff.
Cutting out “external” angles
If the outer angle is standard and equal to 90º, then the stage of its installation is similar to the internal. When carrying out work, you need to remember the location of the cropped bar. But if it is not standard, you will have to sweat.
A non.standard outer angle is done as follows:
- We put the profile against the wall and draw with a pencil all its internal and external faces.
- We carry out similar manipulations with another molding.
- By analogy with the inner corner, we get rhombus. Only in this case it is outside. The diagonal of the resulting figure is a cutting line.
- In stupla with a file we cut out the corners.
- We clean up the faces and mount.
At the final stage, it is necessary to finally fix the baseboard around the perimeter using self.tapping screws or liquid nails.
Before starting work
The choice of the correct width of the baguette is the key to a beautiful interior. An important role in the sawing process is also played by the method by which you do this. We want to give you a couple of recommendations that will help to achieve their plan.
So, how to choose the width of the material and how to cut the ceiling baseboard in the corners:
- The prepared surface of the walls is not a standard of evenness, use planks of smaller width, as they are more flexible and will be able to close the maximum number of defects. Accordingly, the opposite, the more perfect the surface, the larger the width of the molding can be, however, keep in mind. mount a narrow baguette in rooms with low ceilings so as not to reduce them visually;
- Always apply the left side of the corner to the stitches while dripping on the left, the right. on the right. In addition, it should be the side of the tool closer to you, distant. for floor moldings. Please do not confuse.
Below we will deal with the set task, where you will find out. how to cut the corners of the ceiling plinth correctly and with the greatest quality.
There is one nuance of this process that you should never forget about. We always look at the ceiling below, therefore, when the bar is placed in the knock (to the wall closer to you), it must be turned upside down.
The upper part of the molding will then have below, and the lower, respectively, at the top. Thus, there will be no gaps between the planes of the angle when they connect.
- Take measuring tools, for example, roulette, and pencil. Start marking from the inner angle, so you will not miss the external. It may happen that there is not enough baguette length and you have to do many joints;
- Apply molding to the ceiling surface and mark the dimensions;
- Prepare a knock and a hacksaw for metal. Press the baguette to the instrument near your side;
- Keep a tick with your hand and select the position of the hacksaw in which the corresponding angle of connection will be set. These can be standard parameters. 45, 90, or 135º, or arbitrary, for which it is necessary to push the knock into the chosen degree;
- Cut the workpiece with a hacksaw;
- Install the opposite bar to the near wall of the tool and fix it with your hand;
- Put the chosen degree on stuplet and cut the workpiece with a hacksaw for metal;
- Coasten the resulting plinth planks.
Tip: if the walls are interconnected at a right angle, only in this case you will help you in the work of the knock, otherwise you will have to fit your own hands.
There is a professional knock, which has a rotary platform and can be extended to obtain arbitrary angles, as well as for home use, where special opportunities are limited. Usually in the repair it is enough to use the second option.
So, the basic principle. ceiling strips are cut off at the closest wall of the tool, we hope you have not forgotten.
- Measure the required baguette length, applying it to the ceiling surface;
- Put the barbood bar in the knock, while its position should fully correspond to the location of the baguette on the ceiling;
- Press the bar to the near wall of the tool;
- Select the corresponding degree of the cut, most often it is 45. Make sure that the knife handle is as close as possible to the hand holding the bar to make the cut as accurately as possible;
- Cut the workpiece, but do not apply unnecessary efforts to a hacksaw;
- Prepare and cut off the opposite baguette bar, not forgetting that it should be pressed against the near wall;
- Select the corresponding angle of the cut for it, leaving a minimum distance between the knife handle and the hand holding molding;
- Cut the edge of the bar.
It remains to check the correctness of the docking of the segments, and if everything corresponds to expectations, install them in place.
Tip: Start cutting from the front of the molding, then you can orient it on the spot as accurately as possible. The corners of the wooden baguette after cutting, treat and adjust the file.
How to make the corners of the ceiling baguette without rushed
For the first time deciding to make a frame on the ceiling, the beginner does not see any problem in this, but in vain. We advise you to immediately take into account the cost of a certain amount of material, which will just have to be thrown away.
Alas, at what angle to cut the ceiling baseboard depends only on the connection of the walls with each other. Not everyone corresponds to direct, for which it is enough to simply cut off the bar under 45 °. Often there are parameters corresponding to 85 or 95 degrees, but this is already a problem for beginner finishes.
If you are the owner of an apartment built in the last century, this was generally considered the norm. The fact is that when you simply cut off the bar under 45 ° and install on the ceiling, there will be gaps between them, which will then have to be sealed with sealant or putty. We will try to help you solve this problem with minimal costs, since the price of not every molding penny.
So, how to correctly cut the corners of the ceiling skirting board for the inner angle:
Prepare a tool that will need in work.
- Take the molding and put it to the selected corner. Orientate it in the same way as it will be installed in the end. Draw a fishing line for a trimmer along the bar with a pencil and remove it;
- Do the same procedure with the second filler as with the previous. In this case, it must adjoin the connection site;
- As a result, you get a marked area;
- Take the baguette, lean it against the marking. Transfer to it the intersection point of two lines drawn by you earlier;
- Draw a line from it to the opposite edge of the filler, which will be a line of cut. With the second baguette, do the same.
Speaks with a sharp knife or hacksaw on metal cut the edge of the molding.Check out the two resulting baguetes and attach them to the corner. There should be no gap between them, otherwise make correction of surfaces with a knife.
If it seemed to you that work to create a beautiful interior using a ceiling baguette is quite complicated, this is only at first glance. Do everything according to our instructions and you will quickly understand the essence of the process. The main thing is to observe accuracy and correctly calculate the amount of material for work.
Any work has nuances, but they cannot be perceived with trifles. In order for pruning to go carefully and without problems, you need to pay attention to several points.
- Correct measurements. the most important thing in any work. To mark the blanks for the inner angle, the measurement begins precisely from it.
- Before cutting off both planks for the outer corner, they do not forget that for it they will “peek” for a length equal to the width of the products.
- Fixation of ceiling baguettes begin only after several checks carried out. When the edges of the skirting boards are perfect, then you can start gluing them (with self.tapping fastening).
- To correct the connected blanks, you can use files or files. For polystyrene and both types of polystyrene foam, it is necessary to take thin, sharply bidders.
Since any debut rarely passes without errors, it is recommended to start with training on scraps. Therefore, when buying it is better to add 10-15% to the length of products. So it can be guaranteed that the material is enough not only for preparation, but also for the entire room, even if the flaws still appear in the process of work.
All about cutting the angles of the ceiling plinth
In a workshop engaged in woodworking or repairing metal parts, such an operation does not cause difficulties. The bar is placed on the machine, fixed in the right position, then remove the excess circular saw. The machine has a device that allows you to turn the baguette under a given degree and measure the desired distance from each side. It is much more difficult to work without accurate devices. After applying the markup, you need to hold the blade in the correct position. Making a diagonal cut is much more difficult than a straight line. Such operations should not be carried out by eye. You need to carefully measure everything. There are several ways that simplify the task and avoid errors. First you need to choose a suitable tool and understand what scheme to act.
- Foam.polystyrene fillets. despite their softness and low strength, it is difficult to work with them. They crumble, crumble, bend. To fix them, you need to make a certain effort, but dents remain on the foam even after a weak pressure. You can get a flat fishing line for a trimmer only with a very sharp blade. It does not create pressure on the edge of the pruning and easily passes through a soft porous structure. As a rule, they use a carpentry or kitchen knife, or a hacksaw with small teeth.
- Polyurethane and plastic products. they are much stronger and dense than foam. The surface is more difficult to mix. A special tool is used for cutting. the saw will crush the end, and the usual blade will have to work for too long. If there is no such device, a long sharp kitchen knife is suitable or saw with small teeth.
- Wooden baguette. the end can be cut off with a saw on wood. Solid rocks, for example, oak, easier to process with a hacksaw for metal.
Factory docking methods
The size and shape of the parts should coincide with the main set of profiles.
Pruning of the fillets
How to evenly cut the angle of ceiling plinths with its help?
The stall is called a simple tool that is used by carpenters. With it, you can cut any workpiece at the right angle.
It is usually a wooden, metal or plastic tray, on which are made for cutting at an angle of 45 ° and 90 ° special vertical slots.
There are complicated structures on which there is also a hole for the named corners for the implementation of a 60-degree cut.
For professional work, special knock is produced. Its rotary mechanism allows you to fix the cutting canvas in relation to the workpiece at any given angle.
The prepared baseboard is applied to the ceiling, the desired length is postponed.
Then this same bar is inserted into the knock exactly as it will be located on the ceiling. It must be pressed to the far wall of the device. In this position, the plinth is held with the left hand.
The hacksaw canvas should be in such a position so that its angle is 45 degrees, and the handle would get together as much as possible with the hand. Trying to avoid pressure on the saw, carefully cut the workpiece.
Next, in the skirting board, it is necessary to cut off the response bar. It is also placed at the far wall of the tool, holding and clinging, this time, with the right hand.
The position of the hacksaw similar to the previous procedure. its handle comes closer to the hand with an angle of 45 degrees. The skirting board is cut.
Then ready.made, already cut strips are combined. the accuracy of the fitting is checked. It is believed that for better orientation, in the manufacture of the inner angle, it is better to cut with the front part of the product. Places of cuts usually have to be adjusted with a file.
It is most correct in order to observe more accurately the dimensions, to begin to mark the inner angle again, and only after that go to the external.
Otherwise it may happen that along the entire length of the bar will not be enough.
The bar is applied to the ceiling, the size is made in size. Holding on his left hand, the ceiling baseboard is pressed against the closest wall, the knife handle gets closer to the hand. The workpiece is cut off.
The response bar is pressed against the nearest wall, while it holds it with the right hand. The canvas of the hacksaw should be at an angle of 45 °, the handle of the tool comes closer to the hand of the master. A piece of the workpiece is cut off, the angle is neatly joint.
Such processing by the edge of the parts using a wort is good in cases if the angle between the walls is even and straight (90 °).
If its indicators leave much to be desired, then you should use a different method.
Marking on the ceiling
The method with marking on the ceiling allows you to cut off the angle accurately and evenly. He has one drawback. the plinth bar is quite inconvenient to keep on weight during the procedure.
In all other ways, using this method, you will be able to outline the angle for cutting even more accurately than other.
Когда плинтус прикладывается к предполагаемому месту установки, все отклонения размеров и неточности заметны и сразу учитываются.
Cutting the angle
First you need to take a pair of workpieces, then cut them at right angles. Resting the end of the plank to the perpendicular wall, we apply one bar. We outline a fishing line for a trimmer along the contour of the skirting board on the ceiling. Remove the first bar, then also, resting the end of the end against the wall, we attach the bar of the response. In the same way, we mark the circuit for a trimmer along the contour.
The intersection point of two separate lines is a mark on which the workpiece is cut. Each bar is attached to the surface again, on both the point of the future cut is marked. From the found point to the other edge of the plinth plank, we draw a fishing line for a trimmer. We cut the skirting boards according to the previously made outlines, carefully dock, place in the place of their installation.
This method allows you to more carefully process the internal angles.
How to make a template jarked with your own hands
If you do not have a point, it is not necessary to buy a tool for one.time use. A template with similar functions can be done independently.
To do this, the desired angles of the cut are applied to wood, paper or cardboard.
Then you need to draw a couple of parallel lines, find the center, after which to measure the corners of any given size using the transporter.
This method is especially convenient in that, using it, you can postpone an angle of any size, even more than a direct.
The methodology for processing a skirting workpiece using a home.made tool is practically no different from working with the original. The bar is pressed to one of the parallels, after which the hacksaw is installed at the required angle, and cut off.
Remember that before cutting the corners of the workpiece, you must definitely check the angle between the walls! To do this, use the transporter and corner.
How to cut the ceiling plinth correctly. Important little things
Measurements necessary for pruning the baseboard on the ceiling should be done in a special way. To determine and mark the inner angle, the length should be measured from the corner. For the mark of the outer angle, it is necessarily taken into account that in deeper the room the skirting board will protrude at a distance that equals its width.
It is not advisable to fix the planks of skirting boards before the moment when their exact location is tried on and the response skirting is cut off. Only after the ideal converging in the corner of both response planks can they begin to install them and fasten. If the work is carried out with polyurethane or wooden skirting boards, defects and flaws can be fixed with a file or file. To adjust the product from foam, you should arm yourself with a sharp knife.
If even after finalizing the skirting boards there remains at least a small gap, do not rush to be upset. it is easy to close up with ordinary putty. Cutting accurately and neatly ceiling skirting boards is not so difficult. But to purchase at least a small skill, first try to practice on small blanks.