A circular saw is always useful in the household: in the country or in a private house. But not everyone can afford a good expensive tool, and a cheap analogue quickly fails. The way out of the situation is to make a circular saw with your own hands. For example, you can make it out of the engine from an old automatic washing machine, which throws away AL-KO and takes up space. Such a homemade tool is able to cope with a board up to 5 centimeters thick. The advantage of this design is its weight, which is about 20 kilograms. The saw turns out mobile and it can be carried with itself in the car.
The question arises whether any washing machine will do. Of course, the greater the engine power, the more powerful the saw will turn out and will cope with large tasks. But a low-power tool is always useful in the household. He does not need a stationary table, an ordinary drawer is suitable, which will be both a support and a place for shavings. The main aspect is to connect the motor correctly, otherwise the assembled circular saw will not work. But this is not the only difficulty.
In order for the tool to work properly and to cope with various tasks, not to spoil the material, you need to adjust the engine speed. In the washing machine, the tachometer, which is controlled by an electronic system, is responsible for speed control. A homemade tool without electronics requires a different solution. The collector motor has several conclusions. In order to determine which one to connect, you need to “ring” with an ohmmeter all the conclusions in pairs. We find where the greatest resistance is.
At the exits of the collector and the brush, we also check other connections. We also measure and mark the wires of the speed sensor. If in the model they are inside the case, it must be disassembled. With the first output of the collector we connect one output from the coil. The remaining contact of the coil with the second output of the collector must be connected to the mains. We carry out a test run. Since there is a high risk of injuries by moving parts and electricity, you need to be extremely careful.
Important! To enable rotation in the other direction, you need to swap the contacts.
In the process of operating the tool, it becomes necessary to work with materials of different sizes, so you need to be able to adjust the speed up or down. To do this, you can use a dimmer or trigger from a hand-held electrical device, because they allow you to adjust the voltage supply and, accordingly, the speed of rotation of the disk. One of the conclusions of the coil is connected to the output of the armature, and the second is put on power from the network. The second output of the anchor through the dimmer is connected in the same way. Check the circuit and run.
Video: How to Make Circular Out of an Engine
There is nothing complicated in assembling a circular saw, but there are some nuances. The circular saw movement module includes the following elements:
- motor shaft;
- a shaft for a disk nozzle;
- belt transmitting movement;
- motor pulley and saws.
Important! In a simplified version, assembly can be carried out without the use of bearings.
The build process includes the following steps:
- a drive belt is put on a smaller pulley: rotation is transmitted from the shaft to the saw blade; to avoid slipping the belt, notches are needed on the pulley, if they are not there, we do 3-4 transverse grooves on our own;
- for better adhesion, bitumen can be applied to the surface;
- the belt can be used not only from a washing machine, but also from any equipment; it must have notches and have sufficient strength;
- in order to avoid slipping of the drive loop from the large pulley, a small protrusion is welded at its end; You can weld a larger diameter disc than a pulley;
- for safety reasons, it is worthwhile to mount the disk on the shaft very well so that it does not come off during operation, which can lead to serious injuries;
- To adjust the belt tension, the hole for fixing the engine must be bored.
To start a home-made circulation saw, you can install a switch from an old household electrical appliance. A push button switch that was used on Soviet models of washing machines will do. At the input, it needs to be powered by two contacts, and inside, split one wire. Thus, we get three outputs: one will be the phase, the second will be zero, and the third will give the displaced phase through the capacitor. This circuit breaker will provide a start, but after it you need to disconnect the capacitor.
For convenience, the circular saw needs to be placed on a frame with a bed. It can be made from a rectangular profile of 20 mm. The frame is connected by welding, since in the process of vibration is transmitted to the nodes of the connection, and they must be securely fastened. A bolted connection is acceptable, but less reliable. It will be required to periodically inspect and tighten the bolts. It is also better to weld the bed to the frame. At the bottom, the engine is fixed, at the top, a working platform is obtained. You can also adjust the table from an old foot sewing machine.
Important! A home-made circular saw from the motor of a washing machine, of course, will require time-consuming, but it will significantly save the budget.
The following tips from professionals should be taken into account:
- Home-made circular saw is designed for domestic use; she is able to handle small volumes of lumber with periodic interruptions in work;
- if the tool is often demanded and the volume of work is large, in this case it is worth considering the option of acquiring professional equipment;
- no need to cut forcefully if the material does not go; for a more powerful tool, respectively, a more powerful engine is needed.
How to make a circular saw from the engine of the washing machine, see the video below.
All rights reserved, 14
The use of any materials without our prior written consent is prohibited.