Step-by-step device assembly technology
The assembly of the structure begins with the arrangement of the running shaft. To do this, a housing with a bearing is attached to it, an asterisk is welded on and overrunning clutches are mounted, which in the process of operation will perform the function of a differential. After that, the structure is equipped with wheels and a frame. A telescopic rod, plow and steering wheel are installed on the fixed frame.
The main elements of the running shaft: 1. shaft, 2. sprocket, 3. cover, 4. bearing housing, 5. support platform, 6. bearing No. 308, 7. freewheel housing, 8. here are the dogs, 9. the dog, 10. ratchet, 11. bearing No. 307, 12. washers, 13. wheel, 14. pawl spring
The agricultural tiller is equipped with special wheels, which, unlike rubber analogs, are able to provide better grip.
These metal wheels are not clogged with earth. When in contact with the ground, they DO NOT compact it, but rather loosen it
To connect the frame of the unit with the engine mount and the frame of the scooter itself, two arcuate pipes are used. There is a place between them for placing a fuel tank.
To equip the engine, a bracket is used, ending with a steel axle with a length of 150 mm. The bracket is welded cantilever to the U-shaped frame of the structure. A motor with a suspension is hung on itself. The assembled structure is connected to the arched arches of the frame. Only after that the secondary shaft is mounted, the control cables are pulled and the chains are pulled.
The main elements of the control unit: 1. connecting here, 2. strip, 3. pipe, 4. handles
Structural connecting elements: 1. main link, 2. control link
What can you generally build on your own?
The factory-made tiller market offers customers a fairly wide range of products for every taste. However, the for such agricultural machinery are not able to be mastered by many. Therefore, in the gardens in rural areas, you can often find a home-made tiller, which in terms of operational parameters is not nearly inferior to the factory analog.
Creating universal designs, craftsmen most often use parts of old motorcycles and scrap metal
Outdated motorcycle models often serve as the basis for the manufacture of various homemade products and small-scale mechanization useful in the household.
Since homemade tillers are often created from scrap old materials, the Druzhba saw motor, which is well known to many, is often used as the engine of the unit.
On the basis of homemade tillers, craftsmen create tools that are equally important in agriculture, for example: plows, as well as hillers for hilling corn or potatoes
One of these masters is the inventor Valentin Arkhipov, who is the author of the manufacture of a number of useful devices and the construction of all kinds of household equipment.
A talented designer has created a multifunctional device with which you can not only plow and harrow the land, but also plant, huddle tuberous crops, as well as harvest and rake tops
Therefore, when thinking over how to make a tiller with your own hands, it is better to opt for this proven and successfully applied option. Anyone can handle a simple and easy-to-use agricultural unit.
We build the tiller according to the instructions from Arkhipov. We make a tiller with our own hands using the example of a design from Valentin Arkhipov
It is not an easy task to process a plot with a large area, where a significant part of the territory is set aside for a vegetable garden, using only improvised tools. Loosening, digging, and weeding the garden by hand take a lot of time and effort. It’s good when there is an opportunity to purchase a tiller, which will become an indispensable assistant on the site. But you can make the work on the ground easier by making a tiller with your own hands.
Unit design features
The tiller’s device is a self-propelled machine on two wheels, equipped with an engine removed from a VP-150M scooter. The reason for choosing this particular engine was that it has such a constructive solution, thanks to which forced cooling of the cylinder head with air is carried out.
Such a motor from a scooter is able to operate at the lowest speeds at fairly high loads.
For the construction of the tiller, the master used control cables, engine mounts, and also a double arc of the frame, handle and chain taken from the scooter. The rest of the construction details were manufactured
Separately, the designer made a U-shaped frame welded from pipes and a wheel axle turned on a lathe. He also made 3 homemade hinges for the main and control rods. They will be used as connecting elements between the tiller itself, its steering wheel and the plow.
A steel pipe is attached to the frame of the unit by means of a quarrel, ending with an axle, which is necessary to tension the cables going to the engine gearbox. The same tension is carried out by means of a swinging rocker arm, the gear lever of which is a welded piece of steel pipe.
The pitch of the chains used to create the device is 12.7 mm and 15.9 mm. Number of teeth in sprockets: output shaft. 11, output shaft. 20 and 60, running gear. 40.
What is this design good for??
There are more than a dozen analogs of such a model, but in comparison with them, the original model of the Kaluga master Tiller has a number of undeniable advantages.
- Swivel connection. The processing tools and tractors of most of these models have a rigid connection, which complicates the maneuvering of the unit and makes it difficult for them to work with it. The details of this agricultural unit are connected by means of hinges. This makes it possible to change the direction of movement in the process of work, if necessary, and not Take the plow out of the furrow.
- Offset of the axis to the direction of travel. Many owners, when cultivating the soil using a tiller, faced such a difficulty that in the process of moving forward under the influence of soil resistance, the unit is pulled to the side. A lot of effort should be made to align the furrow. To compensate for such a skid, the foreman placed the plow at a slight angle in the direction of travel. With the mouse, the structure is slightly turned to the left. The desired position can always be adjusted with the three link pivots.
- The level of the set plowing depth. If in other models the plowing depth is maintained by lowering or raising the plow, then when working with this tiller it is done automatically. Regulation is carried out by changing the angle of the plow in relation to the furrow. The structure is equipped with a field board that acts as a lifting force when burying the plow. If, on the contrary, a ploughshare appears above the surface of the earth, then its angle of attack instantly increases, under the action of which it again plunges into the ground to a given depth.
How this whole thing works. an example
An illustrative example of using a tiller:
How can you upgrade a homemade tiller?
Arkhipov’s tiller is multifunctional. It can be used as a plow, or as a cultivator. For this, it is sufficient to replace the detachable parts for the plow with parts with the removed tiller blade. The tiller will deepen the furrows into the ground as it advances and place potato tubers in them. To smell the tubers, you just need to put the dumps in place and walk the unit between the planted rows.
The agricultural unit is also convenient for harvesting. Using different plows, you can change the working width. The unit is also good in that it is able to collect missed potatoes and the tops of plants left after harvesting. For THESE purposes, it is equipped with a rake or harrow.
The versatile design can be used Not only for agricultural work. In winter, it is successfully used to remove snow. A faithful assistant is also useful for cleaning the paths of the local area. I installed a roller with a round brush and an additional sprocket on the tiller, the owner will make it easier for himself to work on clearing sidewalks.
They are taken from the stroller together with the hub assembly. Both ends of the axle are turned to fit the diameter of the hub bearings.
Tiller cart dimensions
The dimensions of the trailer depend on the required lifting capacity. The body is of a standard size, which can withstand a weight of 2.5 s., Equivalent:
- Width. 1150 mm;
- Length. 1500 mm;
- Height. 280 mm.
When the parameters of a suitable trolley have been selected, you need to calculate the number of meters of rolled metal and the number of channels for Manufacturing the frame and hitch.
In order for the trolley to move, it is necessary to select the right hubs for the wheelset. These can be special towing devices or models, selected from old vehicles or trailers. Regardless of the design variant of the wheelset, the hub is not provided for. Among all units, the rear beam of the VAZ-2109 was widely used. This is a relatively inexpensive, but practical enough and effective solution.
Do-it-yourself trolley trolley selection
All parts, especially if these are remnants of old metal products, are carefully inspected for damage, cracks, cleaned of rust, cut off.
Bottom of the cart
It is best to make the bottom of the cart made of sheet metal, the sheet thickness of which is 2-3 mm. An edged board will work as well, but will be less durable. Spent 3-4 days to work, get a cart that will last long enough.
At the stage of completion, the homemade structure is firmly fixed to the driver’s seat, wheels are installed. For convenience, it is necessary to make a footrest so that the legs are not on the whole. Do-it-yourself cart for a tiller can be safely operated. The assembled trailer, if desired, is painted and used with dignity without difficulties!
It can consist of metal or boards (20 mm), the structure must be reinforced with steel corners. The trailer body is attached to the frame with several fixed retaining parts (50×50 bar). Load placement for a single pivot carriage consists of a center of gravity that does NOT cross the line of the wheel pin. It is recommended to install stiffeners on the sides and bottom. If the cart is assembled for the task carries loads in bags, it means that the folding sides do not need to be made.
Advice: in order to quickly unload the trailer, the rear wall of the body is made openable or a mechanical device for turning the cart is added.
Assembling the cart
If you plan to transport goods in bulk, then the side elements are best made folding. This applies primarily to side boards, which allow for the optimal loading of complex cargo. If you plan to transport the cargo in bags, then it makes sense to make only the tailgate foldable.
Drawing of a simple tiller cart
The cart is calculated for a load weight of 450-500 kg, without taking the driver’s body weight. It can easily fit up to 8 bags of potatoes.
- – support for hinged areas;
- – console;
- – drove;
- – step;
- – seat;
- – frame (frame)
- – body;
- – support beam 3 pcs., (Bar 50×50)
- – bolts (M 8);
- – persistent structure (steel pipes 58×4)
- – wheels.
Phased assembly and finishing are the most difficult tasks:
- The necessary parts should be selected;
- Cleaning from rust, processing with a converter;
- If necessary, cut off all unnecessary, if indicated in the drawing;
- Fit parts and combine.
Do-it-yourself trolley cart
Despite the rich set of modern tillers, not all of them are equipped with such a useful option as lighting devices. Fortunately, solving this problem is quite simple if you put the headlight on the tiller with your own hands. over, this does not require special skills and extensive experience.
Tiller headlight. self-production
Many owners of tilers use headlights from domestic and imported cars to install on their units. This method is the simplest, however, it should be remembered that the old headlight on the tiller will not emit bright enough light and last no more than several months.
It is much better to make your own farm vehicle lighting. This does not require the purchase of expensive materials and equipment. You will need all the same old headlight, the filling of which you will later replace with new parts. The order of work is as follows:
- Remove the existing glass surface and other elements from the old headlight, which are attached to the base with plastic clips;
- Next, make a plaster cast based on the headlight frame. To this end, pour the still liquid material into the base of the headlight along its entire perimeter. After the final drying of the plaster mass, it must be carefully removed;
- Apply 3 layers of fiberglass to the impression. There should be a layer of epoxy between each of the tiers. Place the workpiece in a vacuum and wait at least a day. during this time, the cast will completely solidify. After that, align the workpiece so that not even the slightest chips remain on it;
- Start making glass for your homemade headlights. To do this, preheat the oven to 190 ° C, make a stand of 8 battens fastened together and fix a glass cloth letter in it. Before putting the mold in the oven, do not forget to remove the protective film from the material, otherwise it will be covered with dust particles;
- As soon as the material sags in the stand, remove it from the oven and apply it to the previously made workpiece. The product must be placed and kept under full vacuum until it hardens.
After hardening, the manufactured headlamp will need to be carefully sanded, degreased and dried. Next, 1-2 halogen lamps or LED strip are placed inside it. Installation of the headlight on the tiller is carried out after a thorough inspection of the lighting fixture. To put the headlamp on the tiller, be sure to use a reliable frame and at least 4 fasteners.
Connecting the headlight to the tiller generator
Installing the light on the tiller with your own hands is quite simple if you use a regular electric generator of an agricultural machine for this. Especially for this, many equipment manufacturers produce tillers with generators, the power reserve of which is slightly increased specifically for mounting lighting. Thus, the power of the node is quite enough for uninterrupted power supply of lighting devices and sound signal.
To install the headlights on the tiller, and connect them to the generator, you need to proceed in this order:
- Connect the generator with a wire from the switch, which should be fixed near the steering wheel or in another place convenient for the operator;
- Wiring from the switch Dissolve and connect to the headlamp, then check the operation of the lighting device;
- Then disconnect the wires and place them in a dense corrugation that protects the wiring from moisture and mechanical damage.
If the generator has a sufficient power reserve, then the headlight will shine continuously and brightly. If the unit is not powerful enough, the headlamp will flash every time the engine goes into operation at low rpm. In this case, it is best to change the standard tiller generator to a unit from MTZ tractors. It should be remembered that for the installation of a new generator in the tiller structure, additional support frames will be required for Welding, and a lighting coil must be used to connect the unit.
After connection, regularly check the integrity of the wiring contacts, otherwise, if moisture gets on them, a short circuit may occur in the tiller’s power supply.
How to make a light on a tiller without a generator?
There is another way to connect the light to the tiller without a generator. It requires a 12 volt battery and LED strip. It is not necessary to buy a new battery. an old gel cell from an electric scooter will work fine.
In addition to the materials, you will need to determine in advance the location of the battery installation. Since it has a small size, it is best to place it between the engine and the tiller’s gearbox. The further work plan is as follows:
- From a steel corner, make a mount that will fit the battery used;
- Position and fix the bracket on the frame of the unit;
- Install the battery inside the mount, fix it with a steel plate and two bolts;
- Route the cables from the battery to the switches and headlight. Connection points Secure with soldering and insulate with tape. To learn more about connecting a headlight to a Tiller without a generator will help.
The light from the battery-powered headlight is intense and bright enough. Nevertheless, this method has one significant drawback. the battery capacity will last no more than several hours of continuous operation, after which the power source will need to be charged.
In this case, you can make a light on the tiller from the ignition. To do this, one end of the wiring must be connected to the ignition system of the unit, the other end to the switches, and from it to the headlight. The lighting device connected in this way will only work when the tiller ignition is turned on.
All of the above methods of manufacturing and connecting the headlight are suitable for Neva, MTZ and agricultural machines produced by other domestic and foreign manufacturers.