How to connect a plow to a power tiller
Rotary plow for a motor-block with a support wheel is considered to be a complex type of plow because of its design. Work on it with great care, so that errors do not negatively affect the quality of cultivation.
Rotary plow is made according to a certain algorithm:
- Cutter. the working part. To make it, you need to prepare a steel tube and metal plates. The latter are welded to the tube for the subsequent grinding of the soil and throwing it aside;
- Making the frame for the gear. It comes in any shape, the main nuance. the frame must protect the gearbox from moisture, debris, external damage;
- You will have to buy a gearbox. It is connected to the unit’s gearbox;
- The rotary plow is characterized by quite large dimensions, therefore, it is necessary to install the wheels. Old wheels from motorcycles will do.
To make it, I needed a horse plow, a little manipulation and the horse plow became a motorized plow.
Homemade horse-drawn plow on a power tiller Zubr 10 l.с. Homemade horse plow with skimmer for power tiller Zubr 10L. Duration: 2:26. nikolai.
Homemade turning plow for power tiller
A horse-drawn plough is distinguished by its versatility. As you know, when tilling the soil with a single-hoe plough the layer of soil is turned over by ploughshare to one side at a time. To turn the land in the same direction at the second pass, you have to go back to the beginning of the previous row and start from the same side of the plot.
How to make a plough on a single axle tractor with your own hands?
Before you start making a plow with your own hands, you will need to carefully study the drawings. They should tell you how to attach the parts of the design to each other. The further procedure is as follows:
- First make a ploughshare. Take steel, at least 5mm thick, and shape it into the required shape. Hammer out the cutting part of the steel billet on an anvil, and then sharpen. This is done in exactly the same way as in the case of sharpening a hand-held grass scythe;
- Next, you need to make a self-made mouldboard. This is done with a steel tube with a diameter of 50 cm and a wall thickness of no more than 5 mm. Cut out a piece for the future mouldboard with a cutter. To give the product the desired shape, beat it on an anvil and process on a sharpening machine;
- Then assemble the plough into one piece. Take a sheet of steel, which has dimensions of 50×50 cm and a thickness of 3 mm. Step back 4 cm on the edges of the sheet and align it so that you end up with a zero angle;
- Next, with the help of wedges, attach a ploughshare to the sheet and make a two-sided spot weld, observing an angle of 25°;
- Join the ploughshare and mouldboard together as tightly as possible. Between the upper part of the moldboard and the blade of the ploughshare should form an angle of 8 °;
After that, again, take accurate measurements of all angles. Only if you are satisfied that the connections are correct can you finally weld in the plough;. Only if you are satisfied that the connections are correct can you finally weld in the plough. As soon as the construction is completely cooled down, clean up the existing welds.
Types of plows for power tillers
Plows used for plowing are divided into several types. These include:
Single body designs. these products are the easiest to use. They have minimal weight and consist of a small number of parts;
Reversible or rotary plows. the upper part of such designs is equipped with a bent feather designed to turn the soil directly in the process of plowing. Reversible plough is most effective when processing heavy soil;
- Rotor ploughs. this type of attachment has the most complex design. There are two-crop ploughs, consisting of two ploughshares, and three-crop ploughs consisting of three ploughshares;
- disc ploughs. this type of construction is used mainly for plowing wet soil. Soil processing depth with such ploughs is a little less than with previous types of mounted equipment.
Each of these plow types has found use in plowing one type of soil or another. Nevertheless, the two-sided reversible plow is considered the most versatile. it shows high efficiency in processing any type of soil.
Installation and adjustment
After completing the work on the plow, it must be secured to the power tiller. But before this, preparatory activities are carried out:
- Moving the motoblock to the place where you plan to use it;
- Disassembly of wheel drive. it must be replaced by special grousers (if they are not put, then for planting the same potatoes plow will not work. equipment will be slipping and can “bury” in the soil).
After this stage proceed to installing the plow.
Power Tiller Blade Not Working | Starting Problem | How To Repair Mini Tiller
Rotary tiller shaft fitting.|Power tiller Rotary blade shaft install.
- The plough is attached to the hitch of agricultural machinery with nuts. Thanks to this, it will be possible to adjust its performance characteristics independently.
- Prepare 2 locating pins. To this end the plough’s edge must never be allowed to travel above or below the cleat.
When all preparations are complete, adjust the fitted plough. It is this step that will determine how workable both the plough and the single-axle tractor itself will be. To get the construction correctly adjusted, you need to pay attention to the following points:
Setting up is carried out step by step.
- At the extremes, the width is set. To achieve this, the headland should on no account be tilted lower or higher than the hook.
- Ploughs should be positioned as stably as possible on special supports, so as to be able to set the ploughing depth required for ploughing. Do not forget that this parameter may vary depending on the time of year.
- Adjustment is carefully made by attaching the plough to the machine.
- Bolting is carried out so that the rear half of the plough is in line with the soil.
- Now the farming equipment can be removed from the stand.
The machine can then be considered set and adjusted if the equipment steering wheel is at the same level as the operator’s waist.
Rotary plough on a single axle tractor. peculiarities of making
A rotary plow for a motor-block with a support wheel. this is the most complex type of attachment used today for plowing. When working on it, you need to be extremely careful, as the slightest mistake will lead to a poor quality of processing the soil. The procedure for making it is as follows:
- The working body is a cutter, which can be made from a steel tube and metal plates. The plates need to be welded to the tube so that when they rotate, they grind the soil and throw it aside;
- Next, make a frame for the plow gearbox. It can have any shape, the main thing. so that moisture and debris do not get inside the gear;
- It will not be possible to make a gearbox. it must be purchased. After that, the mechanism should be connected to the gearbox of the motoblock;
- Since the rotary plow. the design is quite oversized, it will require separate wheels for its use. They can be taken from an old moped or motorcycle.
The finished plough on a single-axle tractor will serve properly for more than a year. The main thing is to change the oil to lubricate the gearbox in time.
Installing a plow on a single axle tractor: step-by-step steps
Before you hitch the plow to the motoblock and start setting it up, the pulling unit itself must go through a number of preparatory procedures. They come down to:
- transporting the power tiller to where it will be used;
- dismantle the wheel track, which is replaced by the trailing arms. Otherwise, the equipment will begin to slip and can get stuck.
After these requirements are met, you can begin to install the plow.
- Fastening of the plow to the hitch of a motor-block with nuts, which will allow in the future to set its working parameters independently;
- Prepare two fastening pins with which to attach the couplings and the plough to the clevis.
Here the ploughing task ends, and you can move on to the next one.
Useful tips and tricks
If you have decided to make a good plough for your power tiller with your own hands, you should take into account some useful recommendations from experienced craftsmen.
- If a two-hoe plow is to be built, remember that there must be two plowshares. This implement can be used for plowing different types of soil. It is the best tool for stagnant soils.
- When making a pivoting plough, it is important to make sure the edges of the mouldboard and the share match. These elements fit together as tightly and firmly as possible. There must be no gaps or visible cracks.
- After using, the plough should be cleaned of all dirt and deposits. Only if this rule is observed can we talk about the durability and wear resistance of this type of construction. And the cutting plate does not have to be resharpened all the time.
- It will be much more convenient to install the plow on the farming equipment itself, if you stand the single-axle tractor on the stands. They can be not only special supports, but also simple bricks or stones/boards.
- Special attention should be paid to the plough, which has already been built. If it has only one bolted connection and only one hole, there is no way to adjust it.
- It is desirable to assemble a plough with a support wheel on a steel plate. All surfaces will need to be cleaned and polished. Rear surface of the welded ploughshare is made as straight as possible.
- Popular rotary types of plow in most cases are made with disc mechanisms, but there are also drum, shovel and auger copies. Similar constructions are simply indispensable for fertiliser and weed control.
- For independent work it is desirable to use only high quality locksmith tools. You have to know how to work with them. At least minimal experience is needed.
- Do not forget to grind the working edge of your manufactured plough from time to time. In this way its work will be more effective.
- When making a plough for a motor-block by yourself it is important to strictly follow the chosen technology and drawings. The slightest mistake or omission, which may seem insignificant, can lead to poor-quality work. Then it needs to be reworked.
If there are any doubts that you will be able to assemble the plough yourself, it’s better not to risk and buy a ready-made version. Fortunately, many companies offer quality and durable designs at different prices. You can buy them in specialized stores or order them online.