Description of the FS250 trimmer model
- Smooth, jerk-free starting thanks to the innovative ElastoStart system.
- For the rational support of high loads, the drive shaft is made of forged, reinforced rigidity.
- The basic equipment of the lawn mower is equipped with a specific cutting blade with a diameter of 230 mm. With two teeth. Steel knife GSB 230/2.
- An optional saw blade (chisel or sharp-toothed), a mowing head with a line of no more than 2.7 mm in diameter, a three-blade metal knife, which are optimally installed on the Stihl FS 250 lawn mower.
- For safe work, STIHL lawn mowers are equipped with a double padded shoulder strap as standard, safety glasses.
- Thanks to the original anti-vibration system, high comfort is ensured during long-term work, since harmful effects on the body of the worker are completely excluded.
|Rated power (HP), (kW)||2.2, 1.6|
|Engine displacement (cm³)||40.2|
|Engine speed (rpm)||12300|
|cutting tool||Steel knife 230.2|
|Fuel tank volume (l)||0.64|
|Manual fuel pump||there is|
Lawn mower Stihl FS250. Specifications, description, maintenance and operation. Features of operation
The STIHL FS 250 lawn mower is characterized by its simple design, not complicated maintenance. In terms of design and technological parameters, it is similar to the Stihl 120 lawn mower, the difference lies in the greater engine power and the size of the cutting device.
The manufacturer’s operating instructions describe in detail the rules for the maintenance of STIHL lawn mowers, the timing of routine maintenance and replacement of consumables, recommendations for possible malfunctions of the unit, which can be eliminated by yourself.
The recommended fuel is an original STIHL MotoMix fuel mixture (stored for 2 years), which does not contain benzene, tetraethyl lead, and a high octane number. If the specified fuel is unavailable, a prepared mixture of AI-90 branded gasoline and STIHL HP or HP Super engine oil for two-stroke engines in a ratio of 50: 1 is poured into the tank. HP Ultra is considered the best oil. This mixture should not be stored for more than 1 month.
User’s manual. Advantages and disadvantages
- Like many models, the Stihl FS250 lawn mower is equipped with a convenient manual fuel pump, with which the operator can pump the required amount of fuel mixture into the carburetor by simply pressing a button.
- Thanks to the multifunctional two-handed handle, on which all the levers and control keys are located, working with the lawn mower is very comfortable and no worse than tiring.
- During operation, a solid cutting diameter is ensured. 42 cm.
- Installing a special STIHL compensator in the carburetor allows you to keep the engine power stable for a long time, despite the clogged air filter. The process is adjusted in such a way that the filter only needs cleaning after 80% of contamination.
The STIHL FS250 lawn mower is distinguished by its high reliability, durability, and the absence of any system problems during operation. Owners sometimes report excessive noise and insufficient vibration protection.
The main breakdowns are associated with violation of the rules for the installation and operation of mowing heads, knives and discs. Therefore, in order to ensure the safety and security of the equipment, you should strictly follow the precautions when installing cutting tools and protective devices.
How to start a petrol trimmer
The process of putting lawn mowers into operation, whether you bought it now or got it after winter storage, the rules listed below will allow you to avoid basic mistakes that can damage the tool.
Let’s say you just bought a petrol trimmer. Take the instructions out of the box and see if you have all the parts of the lawn mower that are listed. After that you can start building.
Starting warm up the engine
It’s very simple. Move the switch to the operating position and pulling the cord to start. If you do everything according to the instructions, then problems with starting a working lawn mower should not arise.
Starting lawn mowers with cold engine
To start the lawn mowers for the first time, locate the choke lever and place it in the “closed”. Turn on the ignition on the handle. If your model has a manual fuel pump, popularly called suction, then press it 3-5 times until you see the fuel mixture inside the primer. The tool is now ready to run. Lay the trimmer on a flat surface to ensure a stable position. Pull the starter rope gently until you feel its resistance, and then pull the rope towards you with a sharp movement 3-5 times.
If the engine starts after 5 jerks, open the choke. If this does not happen, open the air damper anyway (if the damper is open and you continue trying to start the engine, the fuel will flood the spark plug and have to dry it, and this is a waste of time).
If the engine does NOT start with the throttle open, close it and continue pulling the cord. The first start can be quite difficult and require up to 15 jerks. After the engine has started to work, press the throttle lever once, so you engage idle speed. Now let the engine run and warm up. After that it can be stopped by pressing the button “Stop”.
Fuel mixture and refueling
For the convenience of preparing the fuel mixture, it is better to have a special canister, where one part contains gasoline, and the other contains 2-stroke oil. We recommend getting one like this, it is very convenient to use https://ru-sad.ru/prinadlezhnosti-dlya-sadovoy-tehniki/dlya-benzopil/kanistryi/
Next, take a measuring container with a scale applied to it, with its help you can prepare the mixture as accurately and quickly as possible. Look in the instructions what brand of gasoline and 2-stroke oil https://ru-sad.ru/prinadlezhnosti-dlya-sadovoy-tehniki/masla-i-smazki/ Recommended by the manufacturer of your model of lawn mowers. Pour gasoline and oil into a container for preparing a fuel mixture, according to the proportions indicated in the instructions. Then carefully pour the prepared mixture through a funnel into the trimmer fuel tank. The ratio of gasoline and oil should be exactly as indicated in the instructions. This is a very important point.!
Basic startup errors
Let’s list the main mistakes that beginners make when starting a gasoline trimmer:
- Starting the engine with the ignition off;
- Starting with a closed damper with more than 5 jerks;
- Incorrectly made fuel mixture.
How to start a chain saw with a decompression valve
Before starting a Stihl chainsaw on which a decompression valve is installed, you must turn it on. It should be noted that there is no decompression valve on the Stihl 250 saw.
After the first flash has passed, the valve will return to normal operation, respectively, after the engine control lever is set to the open position and starting continues, the decompression valve must be pressed again.
The valve operation is shown schematically in the figure below.
In fact, the valve does not make starting faster, it just simplifies the process and makes it more comfortable, because For during launch, a person will have to Apply significantly less effort.
We start Stihl MS 211 C-BE
The fuel supply system in the Stihl MS 211 C-BE chainsaw is additionally equipped with a manual fuel pump, which makes it easier to start the chainsaw on a cold.
The instruction for starting this model of the Stihl chainsaw contains one additional point, which is that before starting the chainsaw on a cold one, it is necessary to pump fuel into the carburetor using a pump. Further, the instruction does NOT differ from starting Stihl 180 and follows the same algorithm.
We start Stihl MS 180 C
The device of this model, in comparison with the previous one, has some differences in the trigger mechanism, but it does NOT carry any changes in the triggering algorithm. The fact is that the ErgoStart system is installed in the Stihl 180 С, which, due to an additional spring installed in the chainsaw starter, reduces the engine resistance when starting.
What happens at the moment of priming fuel with a primer, and how it helps to make dust more efficiently?
At the moment of starting the saw without a primer, several movements of the starter are carried out only so that the fuel pump, under the action of an impulse from the saw crankcase, pumped fuel into the carburetor.
A pump installed in the fuel line allows you to manually pump gasoline into the carburetor without unnecessary movements with the starter. The effect of this action is obvious, the saw will start much faster.
It is necessary to use a primer on a hot chainsaw, because there is enough fuel in the carburetor to start.
We start Stihl 180
In order to start the Stihl 180 chainsaw on a cold one, you must follow the algorithm specified by the manufacturer in the instructions for the Stihl 180 chainsaw, namely:
- Turn on the ignition and set the engine control lever to the lowest position (in this position, the choke of the Stihl 180 carburetor blocks the air from the air filter, and the throttle is fully open, thus the fuel mixture is enriched)
- Pull the starter handle several times until the first flash passes (the flash signals that the fuel mixture has entered the cylinder and the saw is ready to start)
- Move the control lever one position up from fully lowering (in this position, the choke opens, and the throttle remains in the same position as before)
- Pull the starter and start. The saw will start and run at higher rpm due to the fact that the throttle valve is open as much as possible. To set the damper to idle mode, you must press the gas trigger and immediately release, the tool immediately normalizes the speed.
The Stihl MS 180 Chainsaw is not equipped with any additional devices that can facilitate starting as standard.
Below you can see how to start Stihl 180. Reflects in detail all the main points, and the author’s comments allow you to understand the whole process to the smallest detail.
How to get dust after long periods of inactivity
I can’t start the chainsaw after a long period of inactivity. Such comments can be found on the forums dedicated to the repair and maintenance of dust. Let’s figure out how to start a chainsaw after a long downtime.
The fact is that it is necessary to take care of the successful start-up after downtime and properly prepare the dust for storage. According to the manufacturer’s instructions, before storing, it is necessary to drain the fuel from the tank, then start the engine and burn off the fuel in the fuel system.
Preparation is necessary so that during storage, the carburetor membranes do NOT stick together. Performing this simple operation will allow you to successfully add dust after long-term storage.
It is much easier to start the chainsaw six months after idle time, if just before starting, through the spark plug hole, add 1.2 ml of the fuel mixture to the cylinder. This can be done with a syringe.
If you cannot turn on and start the chainsaw
When all actions are performed according to the established order, and the chainsaw starts to work, then there are malfunctions in its mechanism. Typically, this phenomenon is caused by common and easily fixable problems, such as the absence of a spark, cut off the fuel supply, clogged filter that allows air to pass through. In order to start the chainsaw, you will have to find the reason and take the necessary steps to eliminate it.
Only correct actions should be taken. If a person does NOT know what to do, it is not necessary to commit rash acts. It is forbidden to disassemble the device, you need to be especially careful with the carburetor. You cannot unscrew any screws on it, since if its device became a prerequisite for a breakdown, it means that it is impossible to repair the chainsaw without professional equipment.
The actions that need to be performed in a strict order are listed. Only when moving from one measure to the second can you determine the exact cause of the malfunction and quickly eliminate it, and not damage other parts. Algorithm of actions performed in case of failures in the establishment of a chainsaw:
- At first, it is enough to let the device rest. This is especially true for saws that have recently been in operation. It is enough to wait NOT more than 10 minutes, since during this time the mechanism will cool down and in the absence of other breakdowns it will easily start. Sometimes it happens that a candle is poured into the appliance during the institution. If this unpleasant property has occurred, then it is enough to wait a very short pause and repeat all the steps again to start the engine.
- The housing cover is unscrewed from the device to remove the air filter. The process of starting up the device is performed if it is absent. Sometimes the reason for the lack of ignition is that the filter is dirty. If ignition occurred without it, then the reason lies precisely in this. To eliminate THESE troubles, it is enough to wash the filter under running, warm water and soap, then Dry it. You can also replace the old element with a new one.
- The spark plug is removed. The spark is checked. If it does not appear, you need to replace the old candle with a new one. Usually this helps and a spark appears, however in some cases and when replacing the mixture there is a spark.
When a spark appears when it is impossible to get the device to work, you must continue to perform the steps described below.
1 diagram of a standard mechanism
- Step 1. Before starting the benzoyl, it is necessary to move the flap, which acts as an adjustment lever, downwards, in comparison with the optimal position. First, you need to press the button responsible for the gas supply. Only if this condition is met is it possible for the damper to move normally to the bottom end stop. It is necessary to simultaneously move the damper and hold down the gas button. The gas is set to the standard position and the choke closes the carburetor, preparing the unit for correct operation.
It will also help to make your choice in favor of this or that brand of chainsaw, our other article.
In Russian-made chainsaws. Low price with high enough quality.
How to start a Stihl chainsaw (Stihl MS-180). First start and winding up without a starter
Chainsaws differ slightly in design features, but in most cases the assembly principle is carried out according to two standard schemes. In many devices, the instructions contain information on the need to activate the emergency set brake before starting the activation procedure. You should first master the device of the plant and study the main ways of correcting breakdowns, then a person will have the opportunity to fully operate the device. The article will talk about how to start a chainsaw.
Briefly about the launcher
The chainsaw is powered by an internal combustion engine. This is a simple device, the design of which does not have any special bells and whistles. It usually works properly even under difficult conditions.
Operation is provided by Structural elements:
- Carburetor engine (see Carburetor Adjustment).
- Centrifugal clutches.
- Ignition system, in almost all devices contactless.
- Carburetor, which adds air to the fuel mixture.
- Fuel system. Its standard device consists of a hose, filter and gas tank, but sometimes it has additional parts.
- Chain (see Chain Oil).
- Chain tensioner and brake (see How to sharpen a chain).
When the brakes are activated, the assembly process is much slower, so everything is also safe and more comfortable, you can turn on the mechanism without the use of braking equipment.
2 diagram of a standard mechanism. How to get dust right
- Step 1. The ignition is turned on. To do this, move the toggle switch to the desired location or move the switch.
- Step 2. The swap primer usually has to be pressed more than two times. Gasoline is poured into it, after which you will have to press the device more than three times. Sometimes the chainsaw is not equipped with a primer, then you can skip this step.
For more details, look at:
No matter how confused, if the lawn mower does not start
The tool, despite its small size, is a complex technical device. If you study the operating instructions, it turns out that the reasons why the lawn mower does not start are known and removable. It is necessary to consistently eliminate the factors that make it difficult to start the tool. Usually start with more accessible nodes with an easy health check.
All the reasons why the lawn mower does not start can be classified according to the specifics of the operation of SEPARATE units. In the service center, faults are classified:
- Engine failure (piston wear, bearing failure, cracked crankcase)
- Fuel mixture supply malfunction. Clogged air filter pores or carburetor malfunction;
- The ignition system does not work;
- Mechanical malfunction. Leaking hoses, broken wires under the braid, bursting pipes.
The user first needs to check if there is fuel in the tank. The launch is carried out in accordance with the annotation, put the dust on its side. Set the air damper to the “closed” position, pump up fuel, turn on the ignition and make 3-4 sharp jerks with the starter. If the engine is running, open the air damper. The lawn mower will not start. We repeat the operations with a slightly open air damper.
If the launch fails, we start looking for the reason for the failure:
- Check fuel quality;
- Make sure that the candle is working and the candle channel is clean;
- Check the cleanliness of the air filter;
- Make sure the fuel filter is not clogged;
- Check the cleanliness of the breather;
- Cleans the outlet.
complex reasons will be found during the diagnosis of malfunctions leading to overhaul of the carburetor. Such reasons include clogging of the internal channels of the carburetor, wear of the gasket on it and a violation of the tightness of the internal Holloway with loss of vacuum. Do-it-yourself lawn mowers repair, if it won’t start, will take patience.
Adjustment and tuning of the carburetor
The maximum and minimum engine speed, smooth idle speed are regulated by the carburetor. Here are the amounts of fuel mixture and air supplied, their ratio depends on the steady operation of the lawn mower. Lawnmower Will not start if the carburetor is not properly adjusted. The procedure for adjusting the device for supplying fuel at low speed (L), high speed (H) and idle (T) is regulated by the screws of the same name:
- The chainsaw should run for at least 10 minutes, since the adjustment is carried out on a hot.
- Screw H is turned smoothly to maximum speed, then turned by ¼, counterclockwise, reducing the speed of rotation of the engine shaft.
- The idle speed is adjusted with the screw T, ensuring that the scythe does NOT rotate.
- The screw L is adjusted, at first opening the maximum throttle, and then smoothly reducing the speed to stable minimum.
After adjustment, a working carburetor with cleaned filters and a checked ignition must ensure the engine is running. In the event of a carburetor malfunction, after repairing it, you will need to adjust the feed system again before starting the lawn mower.
Rare breakdowns that interfere with the operation of lawn mowers can be:
- Rewind spring defective;
- Broken or stuck starter pulley;
- Defective starter assembly.
The most important malfunction, the elimination of which is associated with replacing the engine, may be the failure of the engine piston group. The cost of repairs will cost about 70% of the cost of the product. Understanding the reasons why the lawn mower won’t start will help:
Eliminating the reasons why the lawn mower won’t start
The fuel mixture must be prepared with the exact proportions of gasoline and oil. In this case, you cannot use another brand of fuel. To exclude the ingress of dirt, gasoline should settle in glass or metal containers for 2 days. Do not use plastic utensils for storing fuel. Measure the oil accurately with a medical syringe without a needle. Use only freshly prepared mixture. Do NOT leave used fuel in the tank. If the engine is naughty, the lawn mower stalls, when you press the gas, the fuel may be to blame.
Checking the ignition system, if the lawn mower does not start, is carried out sequentially:
- The removed candle will be cleaned of carbon deposits and dirt, dried, set a gap of 1 mm;
- Connect to the high-voltage wire and check for Spark by pulling the starter several times;
- If there is no spark, check the high-voltage wire for integrity;
- Replace the candle;
- Dry the candle channel;
- At the same time, the operation of the ignition coil is checked, it is faulty if the working plug does NOT spark.
It is in the event of a malfunction of the ignition coil of the lawn mower Does not start up hot, stalls, works intermittently.
Cleaning or replacing the air and fuel filter will ensure the proper consumption of ingredients entering the carburetor. The air filter can be washed in soapy water or replaced. If nylon fabric is used, wash it, replace the porous felt filler. Change the fuel filter carefully. Do not leave the intake port open. Whether it is necessary to replace the air filter can be determined if the engine starts with the air cleaner removed. Is it necessary to change the grid for fuel supply if the lawn mower does not start, a dry candle will tell.
Breather, gas tank air inlet. If it gets clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank and the mixture does NOT go to the carburetor. The hole can be blown out with air or cleaned with a needle. Clean the exhaust duct, remove the anti-spark screen of the muffler.
Taking proper care of your chainsaw
There are unnecessary phrases in the operating instructions, everything that is offered is aimed at trouble-free operation of lawn mowers. Cleaning of all parts after each work cycle helps to easily remove non-hardened residues and dirt. You need to clean only the cooled nodes. This technique contributes to the quality of air cooling of the engine and gearbox.
For refueling, you must use fuel with the oil recommended in the instructions. If the combustible mixture is left in the fuel tank, the oil will float up and, when starting, will land on the damper, impairing its adjustment. The mixture can sediment and clog the fuel supply to the carburetor.
It is impossible, it is dangerous for the tool and the health of the mower, to use a metal cable instead of a fishing line. It cuts more efficiently, but the load on the gearbox and engine increases. A piece of wire that has been worn down flies at the speed of a bullet during separation. Effective mowing can lead to early wear of the engine piston group. For more efficient mowing, it is suggested to use the “star” line profile.
Preparing for the first start of the lawn mower
Before you start the lawn mower for the first time, you need to perform a number of sequential actions:
- Inspect the gearbox and lubricate it;
- Prepare the correct fuel mixture.
Inspection of the lawn mowers gearbox and its lubrication
The gearbox must be checked on a regular basis before starting the petrol trimmer. Lack of lubricant or a small amount of it increases the friction of the gear train of the reducer, which operates at rather high speeds. The result is overheating and gears. The lawn mower gearbox is out of order. To prevent the occurrence of such a breakdown during operation and helps regular inspection.
If, before starting the gasoline spit, it is detected that there is insufficient or no lubricant in the gearbox, LITOL is put into the body. To do this, it is necessary on the bend of the gear housing Unscrew the screw and inject “LITOL” in the amount of 1-2 ml.
Preparing the correct fuel mixture
Before the lawn mowers start running in a new engine, the fuel mixture must also be properly prepared. As is known for two-stroke engines, it is prepared from a special two-stroke oil and gasoline, taken in certain proportions. You can find out the proportions from the instructions that came with the tool, or on the lubricant label. From the instructions, you will also learn the Recommended type of fuel, as well as the Recommended type of engine oil.
When going to run in a new lawn mower, many are faced with a problem in preparing the fuel mixture. And the reason for this is the disagreement in the instructions of the tool manufacturer and in the instructions of the engine oil manufacturer. The former recommend a 1:25 ratio. The latter recommend 1:50. Whom to believe? How to proceed?
According to experts, if manufacturers write a ratio of 1:25 or 1:30 in the instructions for lawn mowers, then most likely this is either a cheap tool with poor cooling, or the manufacturer does NOT know which oil the consumer will add. But here you need to understand that an excess of lubricant does NOT in the best way affect the performance of the trimmer. Excess oil does NOT completely burn out when the engine is running. It cokes, clogs the cylinder and piston.
How to deal with this situation when running in a new tool? The ideal option would be to purchase exactly the oil recommended by the lawn mower manufacturer. In the case of run-in engines, when it is not possible to purchase the recommended oil, it is best to purchase a good Husqvarna two-stroke oil for the gasoline-powered tool of the same name. It is not cheap, but it lasts for a long time. It is necessary to stir it as written in the instructions on the bank.
Starting the trimmer for the first time
When everything has been checked and the prepared fuel mixture is poured into the tank, the moment comes for the first start of the trimmer before running it in. To do this, you must perform the following manipulations:
- Place the mower on a flat horizontal surface;
- Move the choke control lever to the closed position;
- We pump fuel into the carburetor with a few primer ducks;
- Turn on the ignition switch;
- Smoothly pull out the starting cord, until you feel the resistance;
- Then use the cord 3. 4 sharp jerks until the lawn mower starts;
- After starting, open the air damper.
First start-up and running-in of lawn mowers
Correct first start-up and running-in of a lawn mower are very important steps when starting a new tool. On the one hand, they allow you to save the service life of a gasoline engine, until now by the manufacturer, since at this stage, moving parts and parts are lapped. With another. The first necessary skills of working with a trimmer are acquired when it comes to the first tool in life.
- Preparing for the first start of the lawn mower
- Inspection of the lawn mowers gearbox and its lubrication
- Preparing the correct fuel mixture
- Starting the trimmer for the first time
- Let’s start running in lawn mowers
Let’s start running in lawn mowers
After starting, DO NOT rush to run in the trimmer immediately. Allow 5 minutes to warm up the engine at idle speed. While warming up, adjust the air flow with the choke lever so that the spool with line or knife does not rotate. As soon as the tool has warmed up, open the air supply completely by moving the corresponding lever to the position “ON” and squeeze the throttle trigger 1/2 and hold for 20 seconds. 30. Then we release the gas, let the trimmer work at XX 30.40 seconds. In this mode, we continue for 10 minutes. 15. Then leave the wilderness and give a rest for 15.20 minutes.
Having cooled the lawnmower, we continue to run in the engine according to the previous scheme. Starts on hot, you need a trimmer with an open air damper. Try NOT to hold the gas for a long time, as the moving parts of the tool only rub against each other. B do not let the engine idle for a long time as it may overheat.
Next stage. This is a running-in of the gasoline scythe gearbox. To do this, you must select an area with soft young grass. Oblique 5. 10 minutes from podgazovki 1/2. 2/3 of full throttle. After that we take a break for 20. 25 minutes. Repeat the cycle 3.4 times.
In general, the running-in of lawn mowers according to the description of the algorithm is carried out in full production of the fuel mixture in the tank. Then the tool is ready for continuous operation. During operation, monitor the temperature conditions of the gearbox and engine. They must NOT overheat.