Using a gasoline lawn mower to mow the lawn, you must be careful and follow the operating rules exactly. After completing work, the device must be cleaned, as even a slight clogging can block the moving mechanism. If frequent breakdowns of the mower occur: a review and resolution of problems can be found by reading this article.
The main reason for the failure of the mechanism can be called misuse. Having knowledge of the principle of operation and mechanisms of gardening equipment, you can fix the problems yourself. But it’s better to consult a specialist, especially in case of serious damage. Among the failures that occur most often, the following can be distinguished:
- Unusual garden technology noise. This usually occurs due to loosening of the bolts or poorly secured housing. It is necessary to carefully inspect all nodes and tighten the bolts. If the noise resembles a whistle. most likely a foreign object has got into the mechanism. It is necessary to turn off the mechanism and remove the foreign object;
- The case shakes unnaturally during operation. Most likely, the cause is a malfunction of the cutting element that needs to be replaced;
- The mower does not start. First you need to check if there is enough gasoline in the tank. If everything is okay with this and the engine is not working, a possible cause may be a defective spark plug. In other cases, it is recommended to consult a specialist, since it will not be easy to repair the mower yourself;
- The engine does not gain momentum and immediately stalls. The cause may be jamming of the mechanism. If this happens due to lack of lubrication, it is necessary to add oil to the crankcase and set the mechanism in motion;
- Rough lawn surface. This means that the cutting elements are dull and cut grass poorly. It is necessary to sharpen knives, and it is better to replace them with new ones;
- The mower does not ride or movement is difficult. First of all, you should check whether the cutting height is correctly selected.
Video: How to Wear a Lawn Mower Belt
All of these malfunctions can be eliminated independently without contacting specialists.
It is worth listing a few tricks thanks to which you can keep your garden equipment in excellent condition and minimize the need for special maintenance.
- If the lawnmower has not worked for a long time, it is necessary to drain the stagnant gasoline, as shown in the photo;
- Gently pour high-quality gasoline into an empty tank with a watering can;
- If necessary, add a carburetor swap primer and set the maximum speed.
Lawn Mower Does Not Start
- If the engine does not start, check the position of the choke. If the air temperature exceeds 30 ° C, you need to set the middle position;
- With long-term operation of the equipment, it is necessary to take breaks for 5 minutes to avoid overheating of the engine;
- It is necessary to check whether gasoline got on the spark plug;
- If the gas in the tank is stagnant, it is worth changing it to a new one;
- It is necessary to check whether the filter passes air well; if necessary, rinse it;
- You can pump fuel into the carburetor using a primer.
If the mower does not ride, check the drive belt. it may be worn out and needs to be replaced.
The lawn mower is not gaining momentum
The cause may be such malfunctions:
- It is necessary to inspect the muffler. perhaps it is clogged;
- The grass is wound on a shaft and this does not twist the knife, as shown in the photo;
- Rust on the mechanism and parts;
If the mower does not work at full power, it is necessary to disassemble and clean the mechanism.
Lawn Mower Does Not Collect Grass
The cause of this may be malfunctioning or blunt knives. In order to avoid this situation, you need to install new knives every season. You can do with sharpening knives at an angle of 30 °.
When sharpening, you must protect yourself with special glasses and protective gloves. After sharpening, you need to test the balancing of the knives.
Knives are incorrectly adjusted
This can be seen on the uneven surface of the lawn. Before making any adjustments, you must turn off the mower and wear protective gloves.
The gap between the cylinder and the knives should be uniform in all areas and not exceed the thickness of the sheet of office paper. Even to control the gaps, the same paper is used. It is inserted between the cylinder and the knife, after which the drum rotates. It is necessary to adjust the knives until the paper is cut evenly at any point on the knife.
After reviewing the information, we can conclude that with proper work with garden equipment and timely maintenance, most of the problems can be avoided. If the trouble nevertheless happened and the mower does not work at full capacity, you can try to fix the breakdown yourself or contact a service center.