Even though garden equipment has been used for quite some time, for some owners of private houses, it is still a novelty. That is why there are often questions about how to reel the line correctly on an electric or gasoline trimmer.
This is essentially an uncomplicated operation, but all its steps need to be performed correctly to achieve the desired result. over, in the operating instructions, only a few manufacturers answer this sore point. Study the article and find out how the fishing line is wound on the trimmer reel.
The procedure for winding the fishing line on the trimmer spool
First of all, you should know that the trimmers have different working attachments. The reel can be designed for different length and thickness of the fishing line. this point should be considered when purchasing consumables.
So, how do you load a fishing line into the trimmer reel? All work is divided into several stages:
- First you need to disassemble the trimmer head.
- Unscrew the nozzle by rotating the drum to the right.
- Press with your fingers on the two latches located on different sides of the tap hole, and remove the top cover of the nozzle. You can pry the cover with a screwdriver. It should be done carefully: automatic line feed drums have a spring that can force the lid to be thrown away along with the entire contents of the reel.
- Remove the scraps of old fishing line.
- Now you need to find the middle of the line. To do this, wind it to the required length (for example, 10 m), cut it and fold it in half.
- Hook the middle of the line into the existing groove or insert it into the hole specially designed for this purpose. And start winding. The direction is indicated by the arrow, which is usually applied to the trim coil body (as a rule, against the rotation of the drum). Some models have a double-sided reel: in this case, the fishing line should be wound in different directions: one end in one direction, the other in the other, the loop of the fishing line should be inserted into the separation slot in the middle.
- Leave the loose ends of the fishing line about 20 cm long each. Later they will need to be fixed in the grooves.
- And finally, the final stage will be the assembly of the drum. Replace washers and spring. On the upper ring of the coil there are two grooves where you need to fill the antennae of the line. Insert them into the holes and install the coil into the drum, trying to tighten the fishing line and not displace the spring.
- Place the drum cap on top and close it with your fingers. The latches will snap into place with a characteristic click.
When you turn on the trimmer, the excess line itself will be cut off by the trimming blade.
As you can see, winding the fishing line on the trimmer reel is easy: the main thing is to do everything correctly.
Here are some more tips that will be useful to you when choosing a fishing line, its winding and subsequent work:
- The fishing line is of different thickness and with a different section. The best option for winding is the “native” fishing line for this model;
- Never use a fishing line or metal cables for the trimmer. Such a replacement may seem effective, but it is hazardous. While jumping off the working trimmer, the cable can seriously injure not only the lawnmower itself but also those around him;
- the fishing line is cut when the working trimmer comes into contact with hard objects. Try not to let this happen. Otherwise, you will have to stop each time, turn off the device and reel the line on the reel again;
- Use a regular fishing line to cut lawn grass and a pigtail line for coarse weeds. It is more durable and will not be constantly cut off.