Husqvarna 240 chainsaw is a motorized hand tool of a semi-professional power class, which allows you to cut large logs, wooden blanks, felling forests on an industrial scale or replace manual labor for trimming or caring for gardens and parks.
Husqvarna 240 chainsaw is designed for daily use, the volume of which is 3-4 hours.
The Swedish manufacturer Husqvarna established the entire production cycle for assembling and testing gasoline powered tools in the United States, which must be taken into account when purchasing equipment from this brand, but manufactured in China or any other country.
Features of the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw
The Husqvarna chain saw with this marking is a light, maneuverable and high-performance model. The power component is a two-horsepower carburetor engine running on a mixture of AI-92 gasoline and branded 2-stroke oil. Thanks to the 38.2 cm 3 volume cylinder, the motor makes up to 9 thousand revolutions per minute, which create a high chain rotation speed (up to 20 m / s).
The main cutting element or chain for the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw should have a value in the range of 33-40 cm. The basic equipment includes a maximum allowable size of 40 cm with a standard distance between links and an optimum thickness of 1.3 mm.
A chainsaw does not require special care. It is also important that to set up the saw unit it is not necessary to contact service centers or seek professional craftsmen. the detailed instruction manual is written so that diagnostics and repair of equipment can be performed independently.
Advantages of the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw:
- Active vibration damping system “LowVib”;
- snap-on front handle with extra protection;
- inertial brake;
- chain catcher;
- lubrication of the saw block in the "Automatic" mode;
- X-Torq technology, which reduces fuel consumption and the amount of dust and gas emissions into the atmosphere;
- “Air Injection” functionality. 2-circuit air purification;
- multitask control lever;
- electronic ignition;
- a primer;
- capacious reservoirs for life support of the motor-tool;
- reinforced cylinder piston;
- ergonomic design;
- reasonable price for those who value quality and durability.
Video: Husqvarna 240 Chainsaw Carburetor Adjustment
- Power. 1500 W;
- Fuel tank. 300 ml;
- Carter. 0.2 L;
- Tire. 400 mm;
- Step. 3/8;
- Weight. 4.7 kg.
Malfunctions of the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw
And this world famous chainsaw model is not immune to breakage. Most often they can be associated with:
- incendiary system;
- spontaneous leakage of fuel;
- the supply and uneven distribution of lubricant, which negatively affects the safety of the chain web;
We consider separately some of them. their causes and solutions.
Why is gas coming out of the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw?
This unpleasant phenomenon may be preceded by:
- depressurization of the fuel tank;
- breakthrough of fuel supply pipes;
- primer malfunctions;
- Leaky gas tank cap.
Similar is also observed if the gas tank is poured under the very top and sawed in an upright position.
Such defects are fixed as follows:
- spare parts are replaced. a gas tank or a gas hose;
- under the cap of the tank lies a gasket that will not let the liquid out.
Husqvarna 240 chainsaw stalls under load: what to do?
A tool that works only at low speeds, and with their increase, begins to slip and gradually turns off, speaks of:
- problems in the carburetor part. improper adjustment, its clogging, depressurization;
- air loss due to oil seals or carburetor gasket itself.
In both cases, it is necessary to re-install the carburetor, which we will talk about later. If this also does not help, it is removed, cleaned and fitted with new oil seals and gaskets.
Do-it-yourself carburetor adjustment for the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw
Correct installation of the carburetor scheme is the key to the stable operation of not only the engine, but also all other gasoline equipment systems. It is based on the 3-jet principle:
- jet "T" is responsible for idling;
- "N". for high speed;
- “L”. low speed screw.
Their reconfiguration is required in such cases:
- if the gas cutter does not start;
- the saw does not function at idle and does not keep high speeds;
- increased gasoline consumption;
- caustic exhaust gases appeared (fuel partially burns out).
In any case, during carburetor tuning, the chainsaw cannot be deviated from the operating instructions, which detail the process diagram.
Timely diagnose your tool for breakdowns and use only high-quality components and technical fluids.