The movement of the chain on the tire chainsaw is due to the drive sprocket connected to the engine gearbox.
Wear on the sprocket on the sprocket means that it needs to be replaced as soon as possible, otherwise it will not clutch with the chain and the chain itself will be damaged.
In this case, it must be taken into account that the drive sprocket has a number of features depending on the model of the saw and its type. In this article, we will highlight such a question as how to remove an asterisk from a chainsaw.
Feature of saw designs
Professional chainsaw brand STIHL
In operation, there are already several dozen chainsaws from different manufacturers, capacities, and most importantly special purposes. The saws are divided into:
- professional (for felling and construction);
- household (garden).
Accordingly, the drive gear will be different for them, as well as the sequence of actions. This is a feature of saw gearboxes. With most professional tools, the tire can change its location on the saw in two planes.
The main malfunctions of chainsaws and actions to eliminate them are described here.
Video: Husqvarna Chainsaw Replacement
Chain sprocket, crown and bearing
The vast majority of household saws are sold under the brand name Partner. They simply change the star even at home, having bought a repair kit.
Since most often the asterisk in household saws is a prefabricated mechanism, it rotates due to the bearing. That is, changing the sprocket, you inevitably change the bearing and not the shaft.
In professional models (such as Stihl and Husqvarna), as well as in household ones, if it is not possible to have a specialized key for removing a star, use a soft cord with a diameter of 5-6 mm.
In all cases, the sequence of actions is as follows:
- You must open the side cover to gain access to the tire and sprocket.
- Next, remove the tire by loosening the chain.
It looks like a chainsaw tire
- After the sprocket is free, you need to unscrew the spark plug to access the engine piston.
You may also be interested in an article on how to make a vibrating table for paving slabs: //6sotok-dom.com/instrumenty/vibrostol-svoimi-rukami.html
- Manually rotating the sprocket, move the piston almost to the very top of the channel and fill the hole most tightly formed from the candle with a soft cord, thereby blocking the movement of the piston.
- Use the open-end wrench and unscrew the sprocket, depending on the model of the saw and the type of gearbox.
Thus, adhering to the recommendations given in the article, you can easily remove the sprocket from the chainsaw yourself.
How to remove and replace the drive sprocket on Husqvarna and Stihl chainsaws is described in detail in this. video: