- How to start a trimmer motor or lawn mowers?
- Start lawn mowing for the first time or after a long downtime
- Add fuel through the holes for the candles
- Ignition System Check
- Engine cleaning
- Spark Arrester Integrity Check
- Unstable carburetor operation
- Fuel tank drain
How to start a trimmer is a question that owners are puzzled in case of a device breakdown. And after successful repair of the trimmer, the owner tries to avoid a repeat of the same situation.
The reason the trimmer fails may be:
- tank overflow;
- excessive pumping of fuel into engines equipped with a manual supercharger;
- wear in the motor of valves, cylinders, nozzles, cam followers and other moving parts;
- the tanks run out of gasoline and / or oil;
- out of order spark plugs;
- clogged fuel or air filters;
- misregistered or burned valves in the motor.
How to start a trimmer motor or lawn mowers?
The new trimmer is simple in commissioning.
- Check the motor type of the device. Trimmers are equipped with a 2- or 4-stroke motor.
- Buy oil for this type of motor. Gasoline for trimmer. AI-92/93/98, sold at all gas stations.
- Mix oil with gasoline. Mineral oil is mixed in a ratio of 1: 34 with gasoline, synthetics. in 1: 50. Follow the recommendations of the manufacturer of the trimmer for the viscosity of the oil (see the label on the flask). Most often used multigrade oil 5W-30. Do not use unchecked motor oils.
- Pour a small amount (e.g. 0.5 liters) of the resulting fuel into the tank.
- Close the air damper by sliding the desired lever (see instructions).
- Turn the ignition key (or handle) to the “on” position. without this the trimmer will not start. Beginners often make this mistake.
- Pump some fuel into the carburetor. if there is a manual “rocking chair” with a separate button or lever (see instructions). It takes 4-7 clicks.
- Set the trimmer on a flat surface.
- Gently pull the starter cord until you feel it is braking. Then pull it out sharply, but not completely. Repeat this movement up to 4 times.
- If the engine does not start, open the air damper again, otherwise the candles will fill with gasoline with further cord movements. Perform 2-3 attempts to start the engine with the handbrake open.
- If the engine still does not start, close the shutter and make a few more attempts to start it.
- After starting the engine, press the throttle lever to engage idle.
Start lawn mowing for the first time or after a long downtime
lawn mowing differs from the trimmer in that the cutter for the grass is not a fishing line, but a mechanical gearbox or a winch based on gears, equipped with a knife. The knife drive is much more powerful than the forestry mechanism. a powerful lawn mowing is also used when cutting bushes. Both Chinese and European lawn mowers are no different when the declared power is real.
To lubricate the gears of the gearbox, lithol or solid oil is used. After checking the gearbox, prepare for operation the motor itself. according to the above instructions. If the start failed, the problem is already in the engine.
Add fuel through the holes for the candles
If there is no manual pumping on the trimmer motor and the device does not start up, pour some fuel into the motor itself through the spark plugs. Do the following.
- Check if the fuel level in the tank is sufficient to drain a small amount. Only 20 ml will be required.
- Remove the cap from the candle and unscrew it with a candle key.
- If the candle is dirty on a used trimmer, rinse and bake it. There should be no deposits on the electrode electrodes. Do not damage the ceramic insulator of the center conductor. In the new trimmer, check the candles for a factory defect.
- Return the spark plug back and check the spark ignition (discharge between the electrodes) when the starter fires.
- Remove the candle again. Using a 20- or 50-cc syringe, pour 20 ml of gasoline into the hole from under the candle.
- Insert and fix the candle, setting the value of its technological gap of not less than and no more than a millimeter.
- Pump up fuel with the swap button (or lever). if it is on your trimmer model. Press the button every 4 seconds.
Video: Huter Trimmer How To Raise Gasoline
Now try to start the engine. Close the air damper immediately after starting.
Different methods are used to control weeds, but one of the most effective is to mow the grass with a mower. Motorized devices are divided into gasoline and electric. By conducting a comparative analysis, the benefits are outweighed in gasoline trimmers. This technique will be discussed in the article.
The device and types of trimmer gasoline
The trimmer is designed to cut weed, depending on the type can be used in the private sector and utilities.
The design of the lawn mowers consists of the following elements:
engine (two or four stroke on gasoline);
solid or collapsible hose (straight or curved shape);
control knobs (like a bicycle handlebar or a D-shape);
the head on which the fishing line is held;
Gas trimmers are of three types, the difference of which is in the type of engine, power and variety of the cutting part.
Household lawn mowers, as a rule, have a compact size, low-power engine. Many models are equipped with a folding hose, which simplifies the transportation of tools in vehicles. The trimmer copes well with its task in areas up to 20 acres.
Semi-professional equipment is used to ennoble large households with a garden and a garden. The ideal form of lawn mowing, due to the combination of compactness and good power, sufficient for processing large areas.
Professional models are used in large or industrial enterprises for the treatment of courtyards, parks and territories. The engines on these trimmers are powerful, the dimensions are quite voluminous, and a blade is used as a cutting element.
Principle of operation
Trimmer It functions due to the presence of an engine that transmits rotational movements through the shaft to the working head. This ensures the rotation of the cutting part, which is installed a few centimeters from the ground. It’s easy to control the device; this is facilitated by a convenient handle. The weight of the lawn mowers is redirected to the torso of the person controlling the equipment. Trimmer kit includes straps that hold the structure on the shoulders of the operator. An important point is the use of a protective casing, which holds flying debris and debris.
How to use a lawn mow
The trimmer is refueled before mowing, after which all elements are checked. If the fishing line is “eaten up”, it is worth wrapping 2-2.5 meters of a new cutter on the head. The length of the winding depends on the volume of the drum and the thickness of the fishing line.
Before starting the lawn mowers, you should walk around the territory in order to clean stones, metal and glass. During operation, they fly off and may injure the skin. The presence of a casing on the hose is also checked.
Mowing with a trimmer is intermittent to prevent the engine from overheating. For safety reasons, overalls and glasses should be worn during operation.
The best models for domestic use:
Stihl FS 38 (about 8,000 rubles);
Huter GGT-2500S (6 150 rub.);
Makita EBH341U (10 500 rub.);
Solo 154 (13,890 rubles).
How to extend the life of the trimmer?
After each mowing, you should wash the tool, clean the head from dirt and dust. Refuel the lawnmow with high-quality fuel (at least 92 grades). When choosing oil, give preference to the types used for high-speed technology.
Need to fill the tank with fuel to the eyeballs?
Manufacturers do not recommend leaving fuel after mowing in the tank. Therefore, at first it is worth assessing the scale of work and dilute the oil and gasoline in the right amount. If the fuel does not work out, you can drain it until the next time. It is important to consider that the mixture retains its properties for 2 weeks.
What types of trimmers are repairable?
Household models most often produce their modest resource, after which they are written off. In some cases, you can replace the cap of the head, which is subject to abrasion from constant friction with stones and debris.
Semi-professional and professional models can be repaired than to extend the service life of the equipment. However, when buying, you need to consider that the repair of powerful equipment always costs an order of magnitude more expensive.
What is trimmer maintenance?
After work, the tool is cleaned every time. The foam rubber filter needs to be moistened with oil. If the lawn mower is used frequently, then it becomes necessary to control the fuel filter.
Due to vibrations during operation, weakening of the connecting elements occurs. Therefore, the nuts and screws should be tightened periodically. When replacing the cutting part, it is recommended to use only the line or blade parameters specified by the manufacturer.