Reasons for the power loss in a brushcutter. Lawn mower does not develop full power
Anyone who owns a garden or a plot of land, is well aware of the problems of dealing with excessive vegetation. Now the grass trimmer has come to the rescue, which has successfully replaced the usual scythe in this field. The wedge gripper is very convenient in operation, but it, just like any other machine, tends to break down because of hard working conditions or incorrect exploitation. Situations when grass trimmer does not gain momentum are quite common. To understand this problem, it is necessary to understand some aspects related to the functioning of the device.
All grass trimmers are classified according to the type of power: gasoline or electricity (from the network or battery). It should be noted that gasoline mowers are superior to their electric and battery-powered counterparts in many respects. Despite the fact that they all perform similar functions, the difference in performance, maneuverability and efficiency is very noticeable. However, the general principle of operation of all types of manual mowers is almost the same. the devices are equipped with engines (two- or four-stroke ICE or electric motors), which drive the cutting unit (spool with a fishing line or a metal disc). All elements are mounted on a straight or curved boom, including a handle to control the trimmer, which has the main buttons.
Since the problem of weak revolutions is more typical for gasoline versions of trimmers, they will receive more attention. Thus, the lawnmower is very comfortable in operation and unpretentious in maintenance. In this case, most of its faults are caused by the user’s ignorance of the elementary things that are written in the manual. Therefore, before you start operating the machine, it is necessary to carefully study the manufacturer’s manual. In particular, to start the engine, you need to do the following sequential steps:
- turn on the ignition button;
- Press the silicon button several times to pump the gasoline;
- close the air shutter;
- set the throttle lever to the high rpm position;
- First, make light jerks with the starter handle to feel the resistance of the engine, then yank sharply.
If the lawnmower starts but stops, you need to put the air damper in the middle position and try again. When the engine starts, you need to turn off the gas and open the air damper, because the grass trimmer works only on the suction.
Important! Grass trimmer operation depends on various environmental influences. Give the machine more time to cool down in hot weather. When working in dense or overgrown vegetation, the engine also overheats too much. It is necessary to take five minute breaks every 15-20 minutes.
Causes of poor grass trimmer rpm
If users complain about the grass trimmer, which does not pick up speed, it means that at idle it works fine, but when you press the gas does not develop the necessary power. This can occur when the machine is inactive for long periods of time. These problems are typical for gasoline devices, including Husqvarna 128r, STIHL FS 38 and Hitachi of various modifications.
Working with the trimmer, you need to monitor its behavior all the time. the drop in rpm and unusual noises signal malfunctions in the machine. Sometimes you give the gas, and the grass trimmer floats. In such cases, the work should immediately suspend, let the mechanism cool down and begin to search for possible problems. They can be of different nature, both technological plan, and external factors related to the conditions and characteristics of using the machine.
A number of factors, not related to its failure, have an impact on the decrease of lawnmower revolutions:
- contamination of the filter due to particles of dirt and dust getting into it;
- use of low-quality fuel;
- improperly prepared mixture (important for trimmers with two-stroke gasoline engines)
- contamination of the muffler screen with particles of vegetation, soil and other materials.
In the second and third cases, formation of carbon deposits in the combustion chamber and clogging of carburetor elements.
Technical problems with the lawnmower mostly have to do with the fuel supply and ignition system. They can be dealt with by yourself.
- The spark plug may be the problem when the hand-held mower will not start or shuts down. Dark soot indicates poor carburetor adjustment and low quality gasoline.
- A clogged fuel hose may be the cause of the grass trimmer malfunctioning. Filters are also often clogged.
- Another internal problem is the muffler is covered with soot. It makes the grass trimmer’s revolutions drop severely. The solution is to clean the muffler.
Important! If the unit does not work due to engine failure, there may be serious problems. In this case, the fault, which can be eliminated with your own hands, include only the destruction of piston rings. For more serious problems with the engine, if there is no warranty, you should be prepared to visit a workshop.
The lawnmower stops when you press the gas, how to fix the breakdown
There can be a huge number of reasons why the lawnmower stops, we offer the most common ones, and we hope that you will find yours, and, of course, fix it. So, one of the situations is clogging the air damper, the hole behind which the fuel is atomized. If something has gotten into it, it can most often be removed quickly and easily. This is the simplest cause, like a clogged filter. It should be washed in solvent and then blown through with compressed air. If it can not be repaired. then order a new one in the spare parts store KosiKosa.
When the grasshopper stalls at high speeds, it is due to the following malfunctions:
- A clogged or stuck valve, located on the gas tank lid;
- The carburetor has become misaligned due to the vibrations produced by the mechanism;
- problems with fuel mixture circulation;
- Atmospheric air leakage;
- The hose that is intended for fuel intake is cracked or weakly connected.
The carburetor is adjusted, based on the operating instructions to the trimmer. To adjust it, it is often enough to loosen the tightening of its body. If there are problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture, then it can slowly flow into the carburetor. The engine stops at high revolutions after it has been run out.
Causes of malfunction and troubleshooting
To most accurately determine the cause of malfunction of any brand grass trimmer (e.g., Echo) and find out the possibility of fixing it, you need to establish what action the device stalls. The engine may shut down both at idle and at high rpm, when heated under load or immediately after starting, etc.д.
If it stalls after the gas is turned on
Owners of gasoline-powered mowers quite often mention that the lawnmower cuts out when the throttle is pressed. This fault is usually caused by a problem with the carburetor. Failure in its operation may occur due to prolonged storage, use in harsh conditions, significant overloading of the motor. A symptom of such a breakdown will be vibrating movements of the device when working.
Also for your information! Users familiar with automotive carburetor repair can try to repair this important grass trimmer assembly on their own, using the instruction manual. Otherwise, the right solution would be to seek help from a service center representative.
Sometimes the grass trimmer stalls when you throttle because the fuel valve is clogged. It interferes with the gasoline supply. To fix the problem, all you need to do is loosen the valves. This will restore the normal fuel supply to the carburetor.
Grass trimmer malfunctions
The grass trimmer is an accessible and handy alternative to the lawnmower. Its cutting part is made in the form of a fishing line, knives or a disk mounted on a drum, which is covered by a protective cover from above. The basis of the construction is the boom, which is adjustable in height, on the end there is a handy handle and a shoulder strap.
As any other equipment, the grass trimmer can break down unplanned, and in order that the breakdown did not lead to the final failure of the tool, we suggest you familiarize yourself with this article. The unit can break down for various reasons. Breakage occurs in new trimmers, as well as in those that have long been in use.
Faulty electric models
Causes of the electric lawnmower turning off unexpectedly due to cord breakage or lack of power. In the first case it is advisable to check the cable for breaks. To replace the power cord, you must unplug it from the outlet, open and disassemble the breaker cover.
Before unscrewing the cable clamp? You need to remember the scheme of its connection to the switch. To disconnect the cord, use a hexagon (diameter 1 mm). The clamp is released, the conductors are removed. A multimeter is used to check the cable for a breakage. If necessary, a new cord is installed. In this case, the reverse sequence is followed.
In the second case, it is recommended to connect another device to the mains. Electrical units may not work if the fuse in the plug is damaged. To carry out repair work, you will need to disassemble the fork. A screwdriver and a tester are used for this.
Motor malfunctions are caused by overheating of the lawnmower:
In the first case, it is recommended to wait a few minutes for the motor to cool down. In the second case, it will be necessary to remove the stuck object. The efficiency of the cooling system depends on the condition of the air filter.
Dirty device has poor airflow, which contributes to the shutdown of the machine. Experts advise cleaning and changing the filter once every 3 months (if the lawnmower is constantly used).
If the electric motor is broken, there is a corresponding smell and noise. In this case it will be necessary to replace the actuator.
Motor vibration at idle, on a cold or warm engine: possible causes
We should immediately note that there are many reasons for the appearance of the engine vibration, starting with torn pads (supports) of the engine and finishing with ignition failure and TNT of the power unit. For a more accurate determination, first of all, you should pay attention to one or the other symptoms.
The case is that the vibration may be constant (regardless of warmup and loads on the unit), or it may occur during certain operating modes (idle or high RPM, cold or hot). engine vibration may occur when the engine is cold, but as it warms up, it completely disappears. Let’s look into it.
- For example, if the engine has been recently disassembled for repair (possibly overhaul), then it is highly probable that after reassembly the crankshaft was not properly balanced. The result. run-out and increased vibration.
- Note also that after the engine overhaul, imbalance and vibrations may be caused by the different weight of the cylinder-piston parts. The greater the difference in weight, the greater will be the vibration. For this reason skilled masters before assembly weigh pistons, pins, etc.д.
- Often the cause of vibration is that the engine is Trojing, which means that one or more cylinders are not working or are malfunctioning for some reason. As a rule, eliminating the cause of the TNT automatically eliminates the vibrations of the propulsion system.
- If you have a problem with the engine’s hydraulic system, it is very important to be aware that the lithium-ion system is not working properly.this is why the engine does not run smoothly and the timing is off.
- Many engines have special balancer shafts in their design that are needed to “dampen” the vibrations. It is quite obvious that problems with the above-mentioned shafts will lead to increased engine vibration.
Engine mounts are one of the most common causes of engine vibration. In fact, it is a damper, made on many cars from rubber to absorb vibrations. As it is known, rubber dries out and cracks with time, loses its properties as a result of penetration of technical liquids, etc.д. The main thing is that the engine with a damaged cushion can not run smoothly.
- If you have recently moved from one car to another, you should take into account that different engines can differ in vibration load. The number of cylinders, layout, and a variety of other features affect vibration levels. In simple words, a normal inline engine with 6 cylinders can run with less vibration than a 4-cylinder and, even more so, a 3-cylinder motor. In this case, we are not talking about malfunctions, since for a particular ICE a certain level of vibration can be considered the norm.
- To reduce vibrations, many engines have a so-called torsional vibration damper on the crankshaft. If there is a problem with the element, the engine will vibrate more strongly.
As you can see, at the initial stage, it is important to accurately determine the cause of increased vibration. For example, in most cases, it is enough to replace the engine mount or solve the problem of the engine tripping. But it also happens that the power unit itself needs to be disassembled and repaired.
Repair of mechanical mowers is carried out if the cutting elements are dull or damaged. In this case specialists recommend to dismantle removable blades by yourself. To sharpen them, an emery is used. If necessary, the battery of a battery-powered model is replaced.
Before repairing a lawn mower, the type of motor is determined:
Lawn mower stops at high engine speeds
During operation, there is a situation where the engine speed begins to decrease, not increase, when the fuel feed button is pressed. Failure of this nature may be caused by:
Fuel hoses of a brushcutter with a filter
- by the atmospheric air blowing into the combustion chamber;
- problems with fuel mixture circulation;
- clogging of the breather in the fuel tank cap (cleaning the hole with a fine sewing needle);
- improper adjustment of the carburetor.
If there is air leakage during combustion engine operation check the tightness of connections and the integrity of the gaskets of the cylinder head. Fuel mixture circulation problem can be solved by removing blockages in the fuel pipes leading to the carburetor. If there is vacuum in the tank and fuel mixture is not coming to the carburetor, it is enough to clean the breather plug with a fine needle and blow it out with air.
Lawn mower cuts out at high engine speeds
During operation, a situation occurs where the machine’s RPM begins to decrease rather than increase when the fuel mixture key is pressed. Failure of this nature may be caused by:
Fuel hoses on brushcutter with filter
- by etching atmospheric air into the combustion chamber;
- If there is a problem with fuel mixture circulation;
- clogging of the breather plug in the fuel tank cap (cleaning of the hole with a thin sewing needle);
- improper carburetor adjustment.
At air drainage during an internal combustion engine operation it is necessary to check the tightness of connection pipes and the intactness of gaskets in the cylinder block. You can solve the problem with the circulation of the fuel mixture by removing the clogs in the fuel pipes leading to the carburetor. If there is a vacuum in the tank and the fuel mixture does not come to the carburetor, it is enough to clean the breather with a fine needle and blow with air.
The lawnmower does not revolve.Another reason
the reason is very simple (watch this video)
If the performed operations with the filter you have done, but the work of the grass trimmer, working on gasoline, has remained the same, gasoline trimmer does not pick up speed what to do?
Then you should try to remove the filter from the device in order to provide so-called “relief” trimmer for grass. Why does the Chinese mower does not rev up, the cause Husqvarna. It should help.
The next and quite common problem when working with a gasoline trimmer is that it simply stalls, and does not give any signs of life.
In this case, the problem may consist of the following:
The last and most common reason for a gasoline grass trimmer to break down is that the cable, which is located in the carburetor department, just fell asleep.
So make sure in advance that it is well stretched, but not to the limit, otherwise, if too much load on the gasoline trimmer for grass, this small cable can crack and then you will definitely have to go to the service center, and then even throw a lot of money down the drain.
The main causes
There may be the following reasons why your lawnmower or grass trimmer stops when you try to restart and continue the interrupted operation:
- malfunction in the engine;
- failure in the gasoline and oil supply system;
- Damage to the pipes (capillaries, hoses, pipes);
- malfunctions in the ignition system.
A general description of problems with a mower or trimmer is not enough here. Accurate and immediate repair, high quality service is impossible without specifying the identified cause.
When stepping on the gas
If the mower stops when you step on the gas, the following could be the cause.
- A more common cause is a carburetor malfunction that occurs when there are heavy loads on the engine, after long periods of inactivity or when using the machine in rough conditions.
If the problem is related to the carburetor unit, it can be recognized by the appearance of lawnmower vibrations. When the hose is cracked or the cable is stretched the given accessories should be replaced.
When stepping on the gas
If the mower stops when you press the throttle, the following conditions may be present.
- common is carburetor setting failure, which occurs when there are significant loads on the carburetor after long periods of inactivity or when using the carburetor in harsh conditions.
If the problem is related to the carburetor unit, you can recognize it by the appearance of vibration of the lawnmower. When the hose is burst or the cable is stretched. these components are replaced.
At high revs
When the grass trimmer cuts out at high speeds, it is due to the following problems:
- clogging or sticking of the valve located on the fuel tank lid;
- the carburettor has become unbalanced due to the vibrations that occur during operation of the mechanism;
- circulation problems fuel mixture;
- atmospheric air leakage
- The hose intended for the fuel intake is cracked or loose.
The carburetor is adjusted based on the trimmer’s operating manual. the carburettor can be adjusted by loosening the bolt on the body of the carburettor. If there are problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture, the fuel mixture may slowly enter the carburetor. Once it has worn out, the engine stops at high revolutions.
When to call for service
If the machine is under warranty, at the first signs of malfunction you can safely take it to a specialized workshop. Repairs are free of charge regardless of the nature of the damage, if it is not the fault of the owner. In case of engine breakdowns, it is better for a non-technical person to immediately contact a specialist. In any case, the severity of a malfunction is up to the user.
To sum it up. Both electric and gasoline grass trimmers are built for years of reliable service. Most of the problems described above are caused by lack of attention to your helper. If the manufacturer’s instructions are followed to the letter and regular servicing is carried out, the lawn mower will operate smoothly and without interruption.
Why doesn’t the STIHL electric grass trimmer give you the power to run at full throttle?
RPM problems can also occur with an electric grass trimmer. The causes are completely different than with fuel-saving mowers.
You can rectify the problem yourself
trimmer elektrichesky for grass does not develop the necessary power, because:
- The line voltage is more than 10% below the minimum required for the device;
- The soft starter has failed (if such a system is available);
- A brush unit is defective;
- the motor winding has been burned out;
- Rotating parts sometimes get jammed.
To adjust the voltage, you should first check its power. If it is not up to standard, you must increase it with a stabilizer.
Only have the softstarter repaired by a service center.
If the brushes are worn, they simply need to be replaced. If new ones are installed, it is a good idea to clean all surfaces they come into contact with.
To adjust the voltage, you should first check the power.
Electric motor must be replaced in case of burnt-out motor windings.
Jamming of the rotating parts can occur for various reasons. To eliminate them, you should reconsider the entire drive unit.
The latter problem may also occur with another STIHL pruning shear, and sharpening the blade on the scissors is the solution.
Right after you start your hedge trimmer
The machine will stop right after you start if the carburetor is misaligned or not properly adjusted. It causes an uneven fuel supply. As a result, the device clearly vibrates. To correct the defects, the carburetor is readjusted, following the annotation to the mechanism.
In addition, the engine stops when the fuel valve is clogged. In such cases, it is quite easy to clean it. If the brushcutter at first worked, but then later stalled, then maybe the fuel with some difficulty getting into the carburetor unit. The problem can be solved by loosening the valve, which allows free circulation of consistency in the system.
Also, the stop can be caused by air leaks in the presence of mechanical damage to the hose (holes, cracks) that receives fuel. In this case, increase the speed of the drive to faster remove air bubbles from the system.
Where to look for the problem or where to start to check
All chainsaws are of the same design and work according to the same principle. How a chainsaw works can be found in this story. It does not matter which brand of the tool. STIHL, Husqvarna, ECHO, Champion, Partner, Sturm and others. Trouble, manifested in the form when the chainsaw stops when you press the gas, can occur equally in expensive and high-quality tools, as well as on the budget Chinese devices. If there is a problem, it must be solved.
A chainsaw is a system of mechanisms, consisting of parts. Any part in the mechanism can fail, leading to partial or complete failure of the tool. If the tool’s engine starts, it does not mean that the chainsaw is completely serviceable. When the engine stops working when you increase the speed, it means there are the appropriate reasons. At this malfunction, you should pay attention first to a number of the following mechanisms of the tool:
- Gas tank. make sure there is fuel. If there is enough fuel, you should also check the serviceability of the fuel filter, the presence of the connection of the supply hose to the carburetor, as well as to make sure that the breather is working
These are the main parts and mechanisms that should be checked first, if there is a malfunction when the chainsaw stalls when the gas pedal is pressed. There are other reasons why the chainsaw engine stalls when the trigger is pulled. What else can contribute to the occurrence of this malfunction, as well as the peculiarities of troubleshooting, we will find out further.