MTD 2-Stroke Trimmer (AST Prime 790 Series) & Pull)
Click on image to enlarge (opens in a new window)
Description of the details. Fig. 1-4.
- Control handle.
- The upper part of the mount.
- The middle part of the mount.
- The bottom of the mount.
- Cuff (depending on model).
Depending on the model. Description of the details. Fig. 7-9.
- Ez-Link ™ system coupler.
- Lock Button.
- Clamping handle.
- Guide button guide.
- Hole in the coupler.
- Top bar.
- Lower bar.
Description of the details. Fig. 10-13.
- Protective cover.
- Locking rod.
- The hub of the shaft.
- Hole in gearbox cup.
- Hole in the shaft hub.
- Reel with trimmer fishing line.
- Lock washer.
Description of the details. Fig. 14-16.
- Lock washer.
- Cutting knife.
- Locking rod.
Description of the details. Fig. 17-19.
- Throttle control lever.
- Throttle control lever lock.
- Ignition switch.
- Manual fuel pump button (example).
- Foot rest.
- Starter cable
Description of the details. Fig. 24-26.
- Reel body with trimmer line.
- Coil head.
- Fixing teeth.
Description of the details. Fig. 33-34.
- Air filter.
Description of the details. Fig. 38-39.
- Adjustment screw.
- Spark plug idle.
For your safety
Use the product for its intended purpose. The product is used:
- in accordance with the technical characteristics and taking into account the requirements of the safety regulations given in the Operation Manual;
- for work in the garden;
- to trim the edges of the lawn, mowing grass in small areas and in inaccessible places, for example, under shrubs;
- for mowing weeds and small shrubs.
Using the product for any other purpose is a violation of the instruction manual. The user is responsible for causing injuries to unauthorized persons and damage to their property resulting from improper use of the product. Use only a working product. The manufacturer is not liable for damage caused by self-introduction of any changes to the design of the product.
BASIC SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Read the instruction manual carefully before use. Familiarize yourself with the operation and use of the product.
- Do not use the product in a state of fatigue, illness, or if you are under the influence of AL-KOgol, drugs, or medications.
- It is forbidden to use the product to persons under 16 years of age, as well as to persons who have not read the Operation Manual.
- Before each use, carefully check the product for damage. Do not use the product until the damage has been completely repaired. Check for leaks in the fuel mixture. To prevent injury to the user, by unauthorized persons, as well as damage, check that all components of the product are correctly installed and securely fastened, especially the reel with trimmer fishing line and the cutting knife. Make sure the protective cover is correctly positioned and installed. Failure to do so may result in serious injury to the operator, by unauthorized persons, or damage to the product.
- Use only 2.41 mm diameter fishing line. It is forbidden to use reinforced fishing line, wires, cables, etc. as a cutting element. Failure to do so may result in damage to the product and a hazardous situation.
- Beware of possible injuries to the head, arms and legs.
- Squeeze the throttle control lever and make sure it automatically returns to its original position. Before work, make the necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Carefully check the area where the work will be carried out. Remove foreign objects (stones, glass, nails, wires, springs, etc.) that may fall under the trim line or blade of the cutting knife and be discarded during operation. Make sure that there are no children, strangers, or animals in the area of intended work. Make sure that there are no unauthorized persons and animals at a distance of 15 m from the site of upcoming work, as they can be injured as a result of ejection of foreign objects from under the working body. Persons observing the process of work must wear safety glasses. Stop the engine when unauthorized persons approach you.
When working with gas trimmers.
Warning: Gasoline is very flammable and its vapors are explosive. Therefore, observe the following precautions:
- Store the fuel mixture (gasoline with oil) only in special canisters designed to store chemically active substances.
- Do not create ignition sources over spilled fuel mixture. Do not start the engine until all residual fuel mixture has completely evaporated from its surface.
- Before refueling, stop the engine and allow it to cool. Never open the fuel tank cap or add fuel while the engine is running or hot. Do not operate the product without the fuel tank cap installed. Open the fuel tank cap carefully to equalize the pressure inside and outside the fuel tank.
- Prepare the fuel mixture and fill it into the fuel tank in a clean, well-ventilated place, away from sources of sparks and fire. After stopping the engine, slowly unscrew the fuel cap. Do not smoke while working with gasoline. Before starting the engine, remove residual fuel spills with a rag.
- Before starting the engine, move the product at a distance of at least 10 m from the place of refueling with the fuel mixture. Do not smoke, keep away from sources of sparks and fire.
Video: Mtd 2-Stroke Trimmer (790 Ast Prime & Pull Series)
- Do not start the engine indoors. Exhaust fumes contain carbon monoxide, which is hazardous to health. Work only outdoors.
- Use safety glasses and ear muffs to protect your hearing during work. When working in dusty conditions, use a face mask (respirator). It is recommended to work in a shirt with long sleeves.
- Wear sturdy rubber-soled shoes. It is forbidden to work barefoot and in open shoes. Gloves and long pants are recommended.
- The protective cover must always be installed when using the product with a reel with trimmer fishing line. It is necessary to install a trim line of the recommended diameter in the coil. The two ends of the trimmer line must be extended to the maximum permitted length from the holes of the reel with the trimmer line. The ends of the trimmer line must not protrude beyond the protective cover.
- The product is equipped with a clutch. Therefore, when the engine is idling, the reel with trimmer fishing line or the cutting knife (working body) should not rotate. If the tool rotates at idle, contact an authorized service center.
- Before starting the product engine, make sure that the trimmer line / cutting knife does not come in contact with foreign objects.
- Adjust the position of the control handle for maximum comfort during operation.
- Make sure that when starting the engine, the reel with the trimmer line or the cutting knife does not touch the work surface.
- Use the product only during daylight hours or in good artificial lighting.
- To avoid accidental engine starts, be careful when pulling the starter cable. When starting the engine, the user and the product must be in a stable position. Follow the instructions in the section. "Engine starting".
- Use only a working product. Use the product only for its intended purpose.
- Do not step far from the product.
- Always be in a stable position. Always hold the control handles firmly with both hands.
- If the product is equipped with a shoulder strap, then it must be used during operation.
- Keep your hands, face, and feet away from moving parts. It is strictly forbidden to touch the reel with the trimmer line or the cutting knife while the product is in operation or try to stop them.
- Do not touch the engine or muffler. During operation, these parts are heated to high temperature and remain hot for some time after the engine is stopped.
- It is forbidden to establish engine rotation speeds exceeding those required for mowing grass, and also to work at high engine shaft rotation speeds without loading the working body.
- Do not use high engine speeds unless mowing.
- Always stop the engine during breaks in operation or when moving from one work area to another.
- If you hit objects, stop the engine immediately and check the product for damage. Subsequent engine start only after all damage has been repaired. Do not use the product with damaged or missing parts and accessories. Always stop the product motor before servicing, repairing, replacing the reel with trimmer fishing line or cutting knife. Disconnect the high voltage wire from the spark plug.
- Use only original spare parts recommended by the manufacturer. Original spare parts are available at an authorized service center.
- Use of non-original spare parts and accessories may result in serious personal injury or product damage. In this case, warranty service of the product is not performed.
- Clean the product immediately after use. Residues of mowed grass or other objects may remain between the reel with the trimmer line or the cutting knife and the protective cover.
- To reduce the risk of fire, replace a defective muffler. Clean engine and muffler surfaces from grass residues, grease, and carbon deposits.
- Repairs and maintenance must be carried out by qualified specialists of an authorized service center.
Follow the directions given in the national / municipal regulations regarding the time of day during which the product is allowed to be used (if necessary, contact the appropriate organization for information).
USING CUTTING KNIFE
- Before using the product with a cutting knife, carefully read the requirements of this section.
- The control handle must always be between the user and the working body.
- It is strictly forbidden to raise the rotating cutting knife to a height of more than 76 cm from the ground.
- During operation, kickback may occur when the cutting knife comes into contact with solid foreign objects. In this case, loss of product control may occur. A bent or blunt cutting knife contributes to recoil. In places difficult to review, the occurrence of such a situation is more likely.
- When using a cutting knife, the thickness of the mowing grass or small shrubs should not exceed 12.7 mm, otherwise, sharp recoil may be felt.
- It is forbidden to attempt to stop a rotating cutting knife.
- There is a risk of injury due to the sharp surface of the cutting knife during its rotation. Be extremely careful until the knife stops completely.
- Do not use high engine speeds unless mowing.
- If you accidentally hit a cutting knife while working on a foreign object, stop the engine immediately and check the product for damage. Subsequent engine start only after all damage has been repaired. Never use the product with bent, blunt or cracked cutting knives. Replace a bent, deformed, cracked, or broken cutting knife with a new one.
- It is forbidden to sharpen a cutting knife. Sharpening the cutting knife can lead to bending and imbalance. This could result in serious injury. Replace the blunt cutting knife.
- If excessive vibration occurs, stop the engine IMMEDIATELY. Excessive vibration is a sign of product malfunction.
Before continuing, check that the bolts and nuts are tight and secure. If necessary, repair the product or replace its defective parts.
- Use any household cleaning products to clean the cutting knife of the product from dirt. Lubricate the cutting knife with machine oil to prevent rust.
- Keep the cutting knife out of the reach of strangers.
- It is forbidden to store the product with the fuel mixture in the fuel tank in enclosed spaces, near sources of sparks and fire.
- Before storage and transportation, the product motor must be completely cool. Securely fasten the product during transport.
- Keep the product in a dry, locked place out of the reach of unauthorized persons and children. Work only outdoors.
- Do not place the product in water or other liquid. Handles must be clean and dry. Clean the product after each use (see section "Cleaning and storage")
- Dispose of gasoline, oil and other waste in accordance with established regulations.
- Keep this manual for the entire life of the product. Refer to him as necessary. Use the Guide to educate other users. When changing ownership, hand over the Manual with the product.
Keep this manual for the entire life of the product.
Stickers with various symbols (pictograms), the meaning of which is described in this section, are attached to the product body. Read the instruction manual and read information on safety regulations, assembly, operation, maintenance and repair.