The chainsaw has long been not a luxury, but a necessary tool for those who have a summer cottage or homeownership. But, like any other technique, this tool tends to fail, despite the uncomplicated device.
The classification of major faults includes:
- total absence of a factory engine
- engine starts and stalls
- unstable tool operation
- stop work under load
- power loss.
If the chainsaw does not start at all, the reason may be as follows:
- Manufacturing defect
- Lack of fuel
- Problems starting the ignition system
- No spark from spark plugs
- Substandard fuel mixture
- Carburetor clog
- Problems with high-voltage wire
- Lack of compression.
Why the chainsaw starts and stalls, what to do in this case? It is necessary to consider in detail the reasons for this.
Chainsaw starts and stalls.
The reason that the chainsaw may stall immediately after the plant, lies in the malfunction of a certain part of the equipment.
- The most common reason why a chainsaw started and stalled can be a low level of fuel in the tank. It can be confirmed by stopping the tool when tilting when fuel remains accumulate in a certain place in the fuel tank. With poor-quality fuel, there may also be a problem with the operation of the chainsaw, in this case, it is necessary to replace it completely.
- Breather plug, which significantly reduces fuel consumption to the engine.
- Insufficient contact of the wire cap with a candle, which leads to strong heating of the candle insulator. Contact degradation may occur due to mechanical shear or carbon deposits.
- Spark plug failure.
- Clogged muffler, which worsens exhaust gas output, leading to a halt in engine operation. For this reason, the chainsaw may wind up and stall at idle. Sludge in the silencer can also appear due to poor-quality fuel or improper use of the tool.
- Bad carburetor adjustment.
- Piston breakage
- Problems with the fuel filter or pump. In this case, gasoline can flow through the pump or flow badly through the fuel filter to the carburetor. As a result, the chainsaw starts and stalls with increasing speed.
- Air filter pollution. Problems with this piece of equipment lead to the fact that, with increased engine loads, it simply cannot cope with them due to blockages and stops. A similar result is also obtained with an increase in speed.
- Short circuit due to lack of or insufficient lubrication, as well as problems with the chain brake.
Why does a chainsaw start up poorly and stall?
If the equipment starts badly, the “cold” problem can be in the absence of compression, i.e. rings are worn out due to long service life, their replacement is required. Sometimes the reason that the engine does not start up properly in an unheated condition is a problem with a silencer, as well as poor contact between the plug and the wire.
Also, the reasons for a poor start can be wear or damage to the gasket, rubber cuff in the accelerator pump carburetor, because of which there is an additional airflow, leading to increased saw speed.
The operation of the equipment must be correct, with periodic inspection of the constituent elements to prevent breakage. To troubleshoot, you need to check all components of the equipment for their functioning.
If the chainsaw starts and stalls, the cause can be eliminated on its own. If it is a shortage or improperly prepared fuel mixture, you need to fix it. For preventive maintenance, while the chainsaw is idle, you should always drain fuel residues.
It is necessary to check the spark plugs periodically. At the same time, it is necessary to remove carbon deposits, which clog up the joint gap and also to check tips for the presence of fuel. Another cause of problems with spark plugs may be their wetness with gasoline. To do this, they need to be removed, wiped with a cloth and left to dry. Defective candles are replaced.
If there is no spark between the spark plug and the high-voltage wire, but if there is a good connection, it is necessary to replace the ignition unit.
Clogging the muffler is a frequent cause of failure, in which the chainsaw starts and stalls immediately. To eliminate the malfunction, it is necessary to dismantle the muffler, clean it from carbon with sandpaper or a special chemical solution. If the chainsaw model is not collapsible, chemicals are poured into the system and are there for several hours, and then it is purged.
The carburetor needs to be adjusted if the chainsaw stalls at idle. Fine tuning is quite a complicated process, so it is usually done at service centers. But, on some models there are elements for its adjustment, it is enough to turn the bolt half a turn to increase the speed of the chainsaw, the malfunctions will be fixed. When clogged jets, nozzles, channels and filters, you must disassemble and clean the entire carburetor. When worn glands, gaskets, cuffs, you must replace them, preventing the “leak” of air.
If there are problems with the fuel or air filter, it is necessary to replace the fuel pump or clean the air filter. If the breather is clogged, it must be cleaned with a regular needle.
When the chainsaw starts up and immediately stalls, the reason may lie in the improper operation of the chain. To eliminate problems, check the presence of oil in the tank for lubrication of the chain, as well as the oil drain pipe for breaks or clogging.
When inspecting the piston group should pay attention to the cylinder, if necessary, replace it or the piston. You can make a cylinder bore to the size of the new piston. If the piston with the cylinder is normal, you should pay attention to the defects of the piston rings and the need to replace them.
Besides, it is necessary to monitor the life of the parts specified in the passport of the product, which includes the drive sprocket, tire, chain, part of the anti-vibration system, to replace them in time.
With a long idle tool is to check the status of the fuel line. If the tube is cracked, you will have to replace it with a new one.