One of the common devices for grass cutting is a trimmer. It is very easy to operate and maintain. That is why it has become popular among the population. Its significant advantage is its low weight. Even a child can handle such equipment.
What it is?
The trimmer consists of the cutting element, the rod, the engine and the handle with the control mechanism.
The main technical characteristics of the trimmer are:
- equipment weight;
- type of power (mains or battery);
- engine location (top or bottom);
- type of cutting element;
- rod type.
All this needs to be taken into account, to buy this or that device.
How to choose?
Before purchasing this equipment, you need to understand for what purposes it will be used. For a large plot with a smooth lawn, it is better to purchase a lightweight model with a small capacity. If you want to equip the dacha, then you need to choose a more powerful model.
To make the haircut process easy, it is necessary to choose the right cutting element.
Trimmer Cutter Head.
It is a special assembled coil, inside which is located a cord.
The trimmer head is classified according to the way the fishing line is fed:
- Hand held In this case, the name speaks for itself; that is, the filing of the fishing line occurs mechanically. To make the cord even longer, you need to stop the trimmer and manually stretch the ends.
- Semi-automatic. If you want to replace the cord, you need the trimmer head to touch the ground. At the same time, a special button is pressed, and the anchor mechanism opens. Further, the cord lengthens due to centrifugal force. The main feature is that the procedure occurs when the trimmer is on.
- Automatic. To make lengthening the cord, reduce the engine speed. Further, when you increase them, the fishing line is fed automatically.
From the above, it follows that the manual mowing head for the trimmer is inconvenient.
Classification by refueling method.
A trimmer head can have several ways to fill a fishing line:
- Fast-loading. The new cord is wound without disassembling the coil; that is, you do not need to remove it from the device. The end of the new element touches the coil and then is wound a certain number of times. When a specific value is reached, the cord is cut off. The trimmer head for this type of trimmer is manufactured by Shindaiwa and Speed-Freed.
- Collapsible. Here the name speaks for itself. To replace the new cord, it is necessary to remove the reel from the equipment, then unwind the old fishing line and wind up the new one.
It should be noted that the cutting head for trimmer contains special arrows. They allow you to perform the rotational motion of the coil in different directions. If it became necessary to wind the line in the direction of rotation of the shaft, it turns to a specific position. A large number of wound cord threatens equipment breakage. Two arrows are contained only on imported models. Now on the market are heads with one arrow.
If after striking the semi-automatic head, the cord is not wound, then its previous winding is performed incorrectly. That is after the trimmer head was installed, the user did not pull the ends of the fishing line out of the slots. Another unpleasant moment when mowing the grass can be sintering turns of the coil.
For different models of trimmers use a semi-automatic head, consisting of two parts. the body and the spool. Both elements contain springs.
The second part can be performed in several ways:
- single-section. both parts of the fishing line are wound together;
- two-section. each end is wound on a certain part; this type is the most effective because the fishing line is not confused and not sintered.
There is a simple and cheap way to turn a single-section spool into a two-section one. To do this, you need a solid plate. From it, you need to cut a circle whose diameter should be equal to the thickness of the spool. At the same time, the thickness is taken near the place where the fishing line is wound. This circle moves freely. Further, an incision is made on the ring, and it is put on the spool and connected with glue or adhesive tape.