If stalled after launch
If the equipment starts and stalls immediately after starting, this indicates an incorrect setting or misalignment of the device. As a result, fuel does not enter the engine evenly, resulting in significant vibration and trim shut off. To fix the breakdown, you need to reconfigure the device according to the user’s manual.
Another probable problem. Clogged valve supplying the gasoline mixture. It needs to be cleaned.
Another possible reason. Damaged fuel intake hose. Air can enter the system through cracks and holes. To solve the problem, you need to increase the engine speed in order to get rid of air bubbles that have penetrated into the device.
If stalled after gas supply
Owners of gasoline scythes quite often mention that the lawn mower stalls when you press the gas. Typically, such a breakdown occurs due to a malfunction in the carburetor. Failure in its operation can occur due to prolonged storage, use in difficult conditions, significant overload of the engine. Vibrating movements of the device during operation will become a symptom of such a breakdown.
Sometimes the trimmer stalls when you throttle because the fuel valve is clogged. This interferes with the supply of gasoline. To fix the problem, loosen the valve enough. This will restore the normal fuel supply to the carburetor.
Another possible reason the mower stalls when gas is applied. Dirty breather (check valve). This part prevents the formation of a vacuum in the gas tank. If it is clogged, air does NOT flow, which means. Fuel does NOT go to the carburetor. To fix the problem, you need to clean this element.
Preventive measures and rules of operation
In order for the lawn mower to function properly and NOT stall when started, it must be properly stored and operated. Compliance with the following simple recommendations will allow you to forget about problems.
- When mowing grass, you need to monitor the condition of the cooling system. It is also necessary to regularly clean the channels in the housing and the ribs of the starter.
- Use kerosene, thinner or other detergent to clean the instrument.
- Do not clean a hot instrument. Cool down before washing.
- It is important to observe the Recommended operating mode. This will prevent engine overheating.
- If the spit is not used within the next thirty days, the fuel must be drained, otherwise it will break down into heavy components, which can clog the channels of the carburetor.
- After the fuel is drained, the trimmer should idle for a while until it turns off. This will allow you to completely get rid of the remaining working mixture inside.
To store the tool in cold weather you need:
- Drain the fuel completely;
- Disassemble the lawn mower, wash and clean all available accessories;
- Inspect the condition of the parts, eliminate all defects that can be corrected;
- Pour the prescribed amount of oil into the gearbox;
- Cleans the air filter;
- Partially disassemble the engine, wash all moving parts, blow through and lubricate thoroughly;
- For piston lubrication Unscrew the spark plug, then use the starter to raise the piston to top dead center, pour a small amount of oil into the spark plug hole and turn the crankshaft several times.
Only by observing these rules, you can be sure that the lawn mower will work properly and will no longer stall for a number of seasons.
As you can see, there are many reasons for the trimmer to stop working. Most of them can be corrected by yourself using the user manual. In cases where there is no self-confidence, it is recommended to take the equipment to repair. It is worth remembering that the wrong actions can cause even more harm to the trimmer. As a result, the repair of lawn mowers will cost a significantly larger amount than it would have been initially, and in the worst case, it may be necessary to purchase a new unit.
If stalled, did not gain momentum
If the trimmer does NOT rev up and off, there may be several reasons. The most common culprit is a clogged air filter. It needs to be pulled out and cleaned if necessary. Replace.
Another possible malfunction is related to the mechanics of the motor drive. This part of the trimmer must be thoroughly cleaned and the cables located inside.
You also need to make sure that the cable does not come into the carburetor. Before using the trimmer for the first time, check this structural element to ensure that it is firmly and not taut. Otherwise, the cable may crack, resulting in costly repairs.
Causes of malfunction and their elimination
In order to most accurately determine the cause of a malfunction of a trimmer of any brand (for example, Echo) and find out the possibility of its elimination, you need to establish at what action the device stalls. The engine can be turned off both at idle speed and at high rpm, heating up under load or immediately after starting, etc.
If stalled while idling
If the lawn mower stalls while idling, there could be several factors.
- First you need to check the prepared fuel solution when it comes to four-stroke trimmers running on a gasoline-oil mixture. There is a possibility that it is not made correctly. The proportions are not maintained. Because of this, the gearbox heats up, and the revolutions on the drum decrease.
- Another possible prerequisite is the clogging of elements such as the throttle valve, air filter or carburetor. Need to clean Specified parts.
- Another possible factor. Misalignment or incorrect adjustment of the carburetor. You need to re-configure according to the instructions.
- Observe this problem mono even when opening the air damper. In this situation, the lack of fuel for the trimmer is due to the air flow.
If the device does not have enough fuel, it works properly at high speeds or when they increase, but stalls at idle. If the root of the problem lies in the carburetor, the mower will shut off during cold start and hot start.
Lawnmower Starts And Immediately Deafes Reason
The tool, in spite of its small dimensions, is a complex technical device. If you study the annotation for operation, it turns out that the prerequisites why the lawn mower does not start are known and removable. It is necessary to eliminate one by one the reasons that make it difficult to start the tool. Usually start with more accessible nodes with an easy health check.
What remains for our client to do the prerequisites, why the lawn mower does not start, of course, systematize according to the specifics of the work of SEPARATE units. In a car service, malfunctions are systematized:
The user first needs to check if there is fuel in the tank. The start-up is carried out in accordance with the annotations, put the dust on its side. Set the air damper to position closed, pump up fuel, turn on the ignition and make 3-4 sharp jerks with the starter. If the engine is running, open the air damper. The lawn mower will not start. We repeat the operations with a slightly open air damper.
The lawn mower is not allowed to work for a long time. The gearbox and engine will overheat. Mowing is an option for less than 15 = 20 minutes, taking a five minute break. On a hot afternoon, working hours are cut in half. When mowing weeds, sedges, the working time must be reduced.
Trimmer stalls: causes and troubleshooting
The lawn mower is a mobile, high-performance tool for the beautification of home gardens and surrounding areas. With prolonged use, due to wear of parts or manufacturing defects, malfunctions occur, which lead to the fact that the trimmer stalls or does not start. Since this tool is a rather complex mechanism, there may be several reasons why the lawn mower stalls.
Why does the trimmer stall
There are two main ways to troubleshoot problems: transferring the braid to a specialized center or solving the issue with your own hands. The first option is suitable for those who are ready to lay out round the amount to restore the unit’s performance, and the second for someone who has basic locksmith skills and can independently figure out the causes of breakdowns and ways to eliminate them.
Currently, it is customary to classify breakdowns for which the lawn mower stalls into the following categories:
- Mechanical damage to the internal combustion engine crankcase, malfunctions of the cylinder-piston group (CPG)
- Breakdowns associated with the supply of the fuel mixture (air filter, carburetor)
- Malfunctions due to damaged tubes, hoses, cables or ignition circuit.
Trimmer ON cold does not start well, what to do?
What to do if the used fuel mixture is in perfect order, alas, as before. The petrol trimmer won’t start? The prerequisites for the failure of the mechanism are variations to cover in excess moisture to the candle channel. To diagnose and eliminate the difficulty, you need to do the following:
- Remove the candle. Wipe it painstakingly, and then dry it.
- Drain off excess fuel in the chamber through the appropriate plug hole.
- Clean an old candle if there is carbon deposits on its surface. Cope with the task will allow the use of an ordinary ladies’ nail file or a file.
- To install the element in the area, set a gap of 1 mm. To check the parameter, it is enough to place any coin in the gap.
- Assemble the multifunctional unit back.
- Try to start the trimmer.
It is recommended to dry the candle channel for at least half an hour. But do not resort to calcining its parts. After all, heating the spark plug leads to its final damage. What to do if the service of the multifunctional unit was performed according to the above tips, but the trimmer does not start, the spark of course with all this? Here it is worth treating the threaded connection with gasoline. The latter does not need to be abundantly impregnated with fuel. It is only slightly moisturized. Such actions should be taken to ensure ignition. After all, no matter how strong a spark is given by a candle, in a completely dry chamber there will simply not be anything to ignite.
Even if the trimmer does not start here, it is worth evaluating the quality of the contact of the boundaries with a high-voltage wire and a candle. For which the design of the absence of a spark is intended (if there is a reliable connection of the boundaries with the indicated elements), for sure, a discrepancy is caused by a breakdown of the ignition unit. In this situation, you will have to turn to the services of the wizards who will reinstall the node.
Trimmer Starts And Immediately Stalls Causes
In recent years, the gasoline trimmer has gained textbook status as one of the main tools in the arsenal of summer residents. And such actions are logical, because a motorized scythe allows you to quickly put your personal plot in order. But when it happens that the trimmer does not start on hot and cool. In such situations, it is necessary to establish the cause of the malfunction without the help of others. Next, let’s find out what to do if the trimmer does not start. The premises that mostly lead to this kind of trouble will be examined further.
Where to start diagnosing defects if the trimmer won’t start? In situations where the tool stalls immediately after starting, it is worth looking at the following units of the unit:
It is the breakdown of the above locations that for the most part leads to the fact that the trimmer does not start well. It is necessary to consider how to remove such problems.
Let’s say your trimmer won’t start. Then the beginning of everything is to check whether there is enough fuel in the tank, to additionally evaluate the quality of the fuel consistency. The motorized unit should only be refueled with high quality gasoline. It is recommended to use fuel, the grade of which is NOT lower than AI-95. Filling the trimmer with fuel of unknown origin not purchased from a gas station can often cause tool malfunctions. This causes a breakdown of the cylinder-piston accounting system. Repairs under these circumstances often exceed the price of the device itself.
Why won’t the petrol trimmer start? Incorrect preparation of the fuel consistency, which consists of oil and gasoline, can also lead to this. The proportions in which the designated components are connected are indicated by the manufacturers in the trimmer instruction manual. Preparing a fuel mixture is highly discouraged in large volumes, in other words the future. Indeed, with long-term savings, there is a loss of the determining parameters of the substance. If the trimmer does not start, you should drain the old fuel and use a freshly prepared fuel consistency.
The reason why the trimmer starts and stalls. The lawn mower stalls at high engine speeds
During operation, a situation arises when, when you press the fuel mixture supply button, the unit turns NOT increase, but decrease. A malfunction of this nature can be caused by:
Fuel hoses for lawn mowers with filter
- By etching atmospheric air into the combustion chamber;
- Problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture;
- Clogged breather in the fuel tank cap (cleaning the hole with a fine sewing needle)
- Incorrect carburetor adjustment.
When air is leaking during the operation of the internal combustion engine, it is necessary to check the tightness of the connection of the pipes and the integrity of the gaskets in the CPG. The problem with the circulation of the fuel mixture can be solved by eliminating blockages in the fuel pipes leading to the carburetor. If a vacuum occurs in the tank and the fuel mixture does NOT flow to the carburetor, it is enough to clean the breather with a thin needle and blow it with air.