As with any technique, trimmers are subject to various failures. Often, at the beginning of the summer season, the owners of such a tool complain that the trimmer does not start, and it takes a long time to look for the cause of the malfunction.
For those who have recently purchased a trimmer and are still on “you” with this technique, information on why the trimmer does not start and what to do in this case will be useful. So let’s find out what might be causing this.
Before attempting to independently set up the instrument, carefully read the instruction manual for its use. Perhaps the information contained in it will push you to one or another thought. Otherwise, you will have to look for the cause of the fault using the selection method.
It may be one of the following:
- Toggle switch on the boom is not in the “On” position. This is one of the elementary actions, but sometimes beginners forget to turn on the tool before starting it.
- Such errors include the lack of fuel in the tank. If the fuel has run out, and you have forgotten about it, just fill the tank with AI-92 gasoline (usually it is located near the engine).
- Lack of, improper mixture or an incorrect proportion of engine oil. Ideally, you should regularly add no more than 50 g of oil. It will provide additional lubrication and keep your trimmer engine in working condition. Also, keep in mind that oil can be of different types (“synthetic”, “semi-synthetic”, “mineral water”). they all affect the operation of the mechanism in different ways.
- If the mower does not start after winter, drain the remaining fuel in the tank and replace it with fresh fuel. This is especially true for small low-power trimmers with small motors that are sensitive to low-quality mix. Besides, over the winter at the bottom of the gas tank can form a precipitate, because of which there are problems with the operation of the device.
- Excessive pumping of fuel can also be one of the reasons that the trimmer has stalled and does not start. When the air damper is closed, the candle fills with fuel. It should be unscrewed and dried and then inserted into its place and try to start the engine while holding the gas trigger. It is advisable to check it before the presence of a spark between the electrodes. If there is no spark, replace the candle.
- Problems with the filter. If your trimmer does not start properly, remove the air filter and run the tool without it. If everything worked out. the filter should be changed to a new one. As an option, thoroughly clean and purge the old one, but anyway, sooner or later it will have to be replaced.
- Trimmer stalled and will not start? Try to clean the so-called breather element, designed to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. Cleaning can be done with an ordinary long needle. A clogged breather is often the cause of a malfunction.
- The machine knives removed. some models will not work under this condition.
- Impaired tightness. You can check this with a pressure gauge. If the pressure starts to fall, you should determine which part of the carburetor is faulty. Most often wear gasket carburetor.
- Sometimes after a long period of work, you will notice that the trimmer is overheated and does not start. First, you should know that you must take breaks. The amount of continuous operation time recommended for this model should be stated in the instructions. Also, the problem of overheating can be covered in a faulty ignition coil or in the air cooling system, which prevents overheating.
If none of these actions is successful, you should contact a repair shop or service center.