Angle grinder (angle grinder, angle grinder). a tool with which several types of work can be performed. In each case, the use of additional devices is required. special discs and nozzles. Which circle to choose in a particular case?
The sizes of disks intended for the angular grinder can be different. Each of them has certain diameters. internal and external. The inner one is linked to the landing size of the angle grinder. In household grinders, it is the same. 22.2 mm. The cutting depth or the surface area to be ground depends on the outer diameter of the circle. A larger disc gives a deeper cut. The diameters of the external disks for the angle grinder: 115, 125, 150, 180, 230. The circles have different thicknesses. When choosing, you need to give preference to those that are thicker. The thin disk will wear out faster.
Types of drives
What are the discs for angle grinder? Circles to an angle grinder are classified by the following parameters:
- type of work;
- material of which the circle is made;
- the form;
There are special circles. on wood, metal, concrete, artificial and natural stone, etc. About what material the nozzle is suitable for, says marking. Each type can be suitable for several types of machined surfaces. For example, a stone disc for an angle grinder cuts concrete, brick, ceramics, paving slabs, etc. But it is impossible to cut or grind metal around a tree or a stainless steel nozzle on mild steel. The angle grinder is processed, including asphalt, plastic, glass, fiberglass. If necessary, you can find special disks for an angle grinder (angle grinder) for ceramic granite, granite, reinforced concrete, marble, ceramics, tile, brick, plastic. If you want to save money, it is preferable to look for a universal circle that processes several types of materials at once.
Classification by type of work
By the type of work performed, circles for angle grinders are:
- Cutting off. They are intended for making cuts, rough cuts, etc. The cutting disc has a cutting edge, which is a solid circle or divided into segments.
- Saw. The cutting edge has teeth. An angle grinder is used to trim many types of wood products and their substitutes. To do the job, you need a saw blade. This variety of circles is designed to make an even, clean cut of a massive board, plywood, parquet, drywall. It is also suitable for laminate, fiberboard, particleboard (including laminated), as well as sampling grooves in gas silicate.
- Peeling (grinding wheels). Such nozzles remove the old layer of paint, varnish, primer from the treated surface, carry out grinding.
- Cleanup. This is a kind of peeling. These include disk metal brushes. They can remove rust and other stubborn dirt.
- Petal circles. They are also referred to as sweeping. The petal circle is used in the processing of metal, wood, plastic products, stripping welds and burrs, removing rust, etc. The petal disk for an angle grinder consists of plates fixed with an overlap around the circumference, according to the principle of flower petals. Varieties: end, batch, with mandrel. The petal end circle on the angle grinder is designed to be machined at an angle or the usual flat. There are two of its subspecies. straight and conical. A direct flap disc is needed when grinding over a large area. The flap circle is suitable for finishing joints, joints, etc. The flap disk (folded) is also suitable for work on a large area. Cleaning wheels with a mandrel for an angle grinder are used when working with cavities. They help to achieve the highest precision machining.
- For cutting seams. They are used when making joints in concrete, asphalt, etc. With such nozzles, the grinder is also suitable for this work.
- Polishers. Such circles are used for the final polishing of surfaces. These include polishing removable felt and felt nozzles for an angle grinder with Velcro, as well as an emery wheel.
Video: What Are Discs For Ushm
Discs for angle grinders are made from several different materials. Each of them has its own characteristics. Types of wheels for angle grinders:
- Diamond. They are made of steel, on which diamond spraying is applied. This type of nozzle cuts and polishes any metal, concrete, artificial and natural stone (including granite and marble), ceramics, glass. Saw diamond blade for angle grinder provides the thinnest cut. You need to cut with small cuts. A new variety of diamond nozzles. flexible polishing wheels (“turtles”). Their surface has a corrugated structure in the form of a tortoise shell (hence the name). Flexible diamond blades are mounted on the base. a nozzle made of hard rubber with Velcro.
- Carbide. Circles of this kind are also made of metal. They have solder from the edges of high-carbon molybdenum steels with the addition of chromium and nickel. They are used mainly for cutting metals, less often for wood. angle grinder is suitable for working with many metals. There are carbide wheels specifically designed for thin, high carbon, stainless steel, aluminum.
- Abrasive. The basis is thick waterproof latex paper with a reinforcing mesh or fiber. A layer of abrasive material is applied to it. particles of aluminum oxide, silicon carbide, tungsten carbide or corundum. The bond for the abrasive is resin or polymer. Grinding fiber disc on an angle grinder is used complete with a support plate made of plastic or rubber. It serves as a stop and cools the abrasive. Abrasive wheels are used as cutting, grinding or peeling. Fiber circle is suitable for woodwork and concrete, processing non-ferrous and ferrous metals. Abrasive is zirconate or alumina, ceramic grain. The fiber circle is ideal for rough removal of old paint from walls, facades and other surfaces.
- Scrap metal wire. Disc brushes made of this material are used to remove rust and other types of resistant plaque.
The disks for an angle grinder can conditionally include support plates. They are also called supporting or disk disks. Plates are made of plastic or rubber. They are used in combination with some grinding, polishing, grinding abrasive nozzles, emery wheels. The need to use a support disk needs to be clarified when buying a particular circle for angle grinders.
At grinding disks of grinders an important role is played by granularity. The higher its value, the smaller the size of the abrasive particles, and therefore, finer grinding:
- 40–80. preliminary processing;
- 100–120. alignment;
- 180–240. final grinding.
Granularity of diamond polishing wheels on a flexible basis: 50, 100, 200, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000 and 3000 (the smallest grain). About graininess says marking on the back.
Cutting diamond blades come in four types:
- Solid ("Crown"). They are designed to perform wet cutting only. The cutting edge is continuous. This type of circles provides faster work, makes even cuts without chips.
- Segmented. Segmented disks have uniformly located slots on the cutting edge directed towards the center. They divide the disk into equal parts. segments. Segmented circles are used when making dry cuts.
- Combined (“Turbo”). The edge of the disk has a serrated shape, consisting of inclined grooves. This type of disc is universal, suitable for dry and wet cuts.
- Turbo-segmented. Their edge is also serrated, but divided into segments, like a segmented disk. Suitable for dry cutting. A special shape improves productivity.
During cutting, the angle grinder of many types of materials (concrete, ceramics, etc.) produces a large amount of dust. It is advisable to avoid harmful consequences for the person performing the work, as well as dust settling on the surrounding objects. Therefore, the wet cut technique is used. During operation, make sure that the cutting edge is moistened with water, then there is less dust.
On sale you can find circles for angle grinders with a flange. The flange reliably and quickly fastens the circle, increases rigidity, reduces vibration, improves machining accuracy, expands the capabilities of the tool, allows you to process "dead zones", flat corners.
A huge selection of wheels for various purposes to the angle grinder allows you to perform many tasks with this tool. From the range of products offered by manufacturers, you only need to select the appropriate disk diameter, material, shape. It should be remembered that a high cost is associated with a higher strength of the circle, and therefore, an increase in the life of the tool is sometimes several times.