A beautiful and well-groomed lawn in front of the house or a neat yard in the frame of ornamental shrubs in many respects speaks not only about the attractiveness of the artistic solution but also about the diligence of the owner of the estate.
And these are non-empty words because regular care of a lawn requires not only adherence to technological cycles but also diligence.
The lawn care tools created and practically brought to perfection, along with the need for skillful handling, require high-quality selection of consumables, the quality of which largely determines the success of an ideal lawn.
How and which trim line to choose?
The means of small-scale mechanization offered today for small areas and the care of large areas with complex relief, and these are mainly electric and gasoline trimmers, have a working body in the form of a universal head, into the drum of which a synthetic fishing line or vein, as sometimes called, is wound.
All manufacturers of this kind of equipment in the instruction manual indicate the parameters of the fishing line. diameter. There is a similar indication on the spool, where the direction of winding of the fishing line and its diameter is indicated.
However, today, there are several types of fishing line for the trimmer, which not only differ from each other in colour, diameter and shape but also have completely different characteristics.
What nuances should be observed when working?
As with the start of operation of any equipment, before starting work with a trimmer it is recommended to read the instructions, it is easy to read, not run through eyes, it is easy and beneficial, in any case, if there is no experience with such equipment, at the initial stage you will be able to avoid breakdowns
Already in the future, when experience appears, this largely compensates for the high consumption of fishing line, but still, it should be borne in mind that initially, you need to follow the manufacturer’s advice.
Considering that trimmers have different capacities, manufacturers are trying to recommend a different thickness of the fishing line for different trimmers models.
For small electric devices designed to care for small areas of the lawn, the main buyers of which are housewives, and older people manufacturers recommend fishing line with a diameter of 1.4 to 2.4 mm.
For electric braids and petrol trimmers of average power, which are needed to care for relatively large areas, manufacturers recommend a line from 2.4 mm to 3 mm.
Professional units, capable of working for several hours in a row, mowing grass in areas with difficult terrain, with shrubs and dry grass is recommended fishing line thickness of 3. 3.2 mm.
How to catch more fish?
I have been engaged in active fishing for a long time and found many ways to improve the bite.
And here are the most effective:
- Activator biting. Attracts fish in cold and warm water with the help of the pheromones that make up the composition and stimulates its appetite. It is a pity that Rosprirodnadzor wants to impose a ban on its sale.
- sensitive gear. Reviews and instructions on other types of gear you can find on the pages of my site.
- Pheromone bait.
You can get the rest of the secrets of successful fishing for free by reading my other materials on the site.
In many ways, the result of the trimmer depends on the shape of the line section. Conventionally, all types can be divided into two types. a fishing line of circular cross-section and a fishing line of complex cross-section. square, rectangle, star.
The most common type of fishing line is a round line.
This is caused by several factors:
- round thread production is much cheaper than the production of complex sections;
- round thread withstands heavy loads. during the mowing, the tip of the fishing line is sharpened and, thus, an even regular cut is obtained, which is similar to the cut of a hand braid;
- round fishing line is spent less than other types of fishing line;
- round section is available in all diameter types products from 1.4 mm to 3.3 mm inclusive.
The disadvantages of the round section of the line:
- creates noise when working therefore, for particularly delicate consumers who don’t like to wear headphones, the manufacturer offers a round, spiral-shaped fishing line with reduced noise during operation;
- despite being present in all kinds of sizes, round fishing line is poorly suited for mowing shrubs and dead wood, its main purpose is young green grass.
Square or rectangular line:
- the main purpose is professional trimmers for haymaking over tall grass;
- the cut is made by the edges of the rectangle, so that the mowing is smooth, without crushing the stems.
- sizes. from 2.4 mm to 3.3 mm.
Of the minuses:
- high consumption when working on stony areas, near hedges, trees. the line is quite fragile;
- mainly used on powerful electric and gasoline trimmers.
Star-shaped fishing line:
- the main purpose of dry grass and small shrubs;
- sizes from 2.4 mm to 3.0 mm;
- some manufacturers to enhance the line make it a two-component, when there is a metal core inside the line;
Of the minuses should be noted:
- high and very high cost (metal-line fishing line);
- requires a special spool for a trimmer or a special disc;
- when mowing with such a line, the use of mowed grass as feed to livestock is not recommended.
The composition of the fishing line.
However, in general, the life of a fishing line depends not on the shape or diameter of the thread, but on the composition from which it is made. Most often, domestic manufacturers use nylon as the main material.
It is quite flexible, elastic, strong, amenable to deformation by extrusion. Relatively easy to handle heavy loads and high temperatures.
The nylon fishing line in the price range is the cheapest, but this does not mean that substandard quality, considering the price/quality/performance ratio, the nylon fishing line will show a very decent result.
The coaxial, two-component fishing line will withstand the most significant load and is considered the strongest. Its secret is simple. a dense, even hardcore and rather elastic outer layer.
This combination allows the fishing line to retain its properties for a long time and wear out gradually, much slower than the nylon fishing line.
The line with the central metal dwelling was initially intended for professional work. mowing grass along motorways, cleaning steep slopes, working on stony sites.
And therefore it has a corresponding price, which is not quite suitable for working on the plot.
Tips for choosing.
The main criterion for choosing a fishing line should be according to the diameter of the fishing line trimmer, its power, and opportunities.
It is not necessary to lay the entire coil of fishing line in the coil, a small section is enough to prevent spontaneous spilling of the working head, especially since to work with a trimmer it is necessary to select a fishing line in the range of sizes specified in the instruction. a light thread of small diameter also harms the tool, as well as a thicker thread
Overview of the best brands of manufacturers.
Among branded threads for trimmers, the highest authority and popularity among professionals are the Makita, BlackDecker, Husqvarna, Bosch lines. These are well-known trademarks that have been setting high standards for quality and innovation for years.
Forte, Intertool, Master Tool, Sturm, Verto, Sadko, Werk, Brigadier are the most common on the market and quite affordable for the average consumer (for both amateur and professional use).