best electric trimmers
Care for the lawn requires constant attention, because the beautiful and well-groomed appearance of the yard area largely depends on the state of the vegetation on the site. To lawn grass always pleased the eyes of residents and guests of the country house should be regularly “trimmed”: an ordinary grass trimmer for this purpose is not suitable, and gasoline grass trimmers have a number of disadvantages. Currently, the leader among the gardening equipment for the care of the yard is an electric trimmer for grass, which has certain design features and functionality that allows you to quickly and easily carry out all the necessary care of the yard. Electric grass trimmer can be used not only for lawn care, but also for making hay for farm animals, weeding the garden and removing unwanted vegetation in the garden.
Best Battery String Trimmer 2022 Top 5 Best Battery Powered String Trimmers Reviews
The purchase of an electric grass trimmer should be made taking into account the conditions of use of this equipment. In order not to throw money away, it is necessary to consider a number of parameters that will help you choose the right option for your purposes:
- Power. If the grass trimmer will be used only for lawn care, you can choose models with a capacity of up to 1 kW: this will be enough to care for the grass on the lawn. Higher motor power inevitably leads to higher weights.
- Motor location. You should give preference to trimmers, which have the upper location of the engine, as if it will be at the bottom, it reduces the service life of the motor. The main causes of breakdowns of trimmers with the bottom-mounted engine: problems with cooling, moisture and grass getting inside the mechanism. Top-mounted models have special shoulder straps that properly distribute the load on the joints. Electric trimmers with bottom-mounted motor, despite its shortcomings, have the most affordable price, which may be a determining factor when buying a device for infrequent use.
- Type of control. If you need a maneuverable trimmer for the grass, which can easily handle any hard-to-reach place, then you should give preference to D-shaped handlebar. Powerful and expensive models have a bicycle-type handlebar.
- Accessories. Electric grass trimmers have a cutting tool in the form of a fishing line or knife: a fishing line for the trimmer perfectly copes with a small overgrowth, but cope with burdocks, bush shoots it is not able to. If the grass trimmer is equipped with a cutting knife, then it greatly expands the capabilities of this device, as it allows you to carry out not only lawn mowing, but also to provide full care for green plants in the garden and vegetable garden.
Reel vs Rotary Lawn Mowers // Pros and Cons, Cut Quality, How To Mow Low
best electric trimmers
Many owners of private houses and dachas take care of the garden plot. When the grass begins to actively grow, there is a need for special equipment. The modern market offers a choice of lawn mowers, lawn trimmers, electric trimmers for grass. The latter are favorably distinguished by their affordable price, so there is a steady demand for them. Especially effective electric trimmers for grass in small areas, where it is not difficult to pull an extension cord. But difficulties arise at the stage of purchase. The range of power tools is very diverse, so a few tips from the experts will be relevant and appropriate. What parameters you should pay close attention to?
- First of all, you need to determine the capacity. It depends on the power and speed of the motor. For well-groomed areas, where you have to mow the growing grass, the power of up to 1 000 W will be enough. Pursuing high performance is not worth it for another reason. The stronger the engine, the greater the weight of the grass trimmer.
- The price and usability is influenced by the location of the motor. Cheap low-power models have the lower location of the electric motor. But this design has serious disadvantages, such as clogging with grass and poor cooling.
- For models with a top-mounted engine the necessary equipment will be shoulder straps. Unfortunately, not all manufacturers complete grass trimmers with these accessories.
- Electric grass mowers also differ in the shape of the handle. Lightweight units are equipped with D-holders that give the trimmer maneuverability. And the more powerful machines are steered with a handle in the shape of a bicycle handlebar.
In our review got the best electric trimmers for grass. The following criteria were taken into account when compiling the rating:
Bosch EasyGrassCut 26 (0.600.8C1.J00)
Lightweight and maneuverable grass trimmer that’s a good choice for first-time mowers. Despite the modest power, copes with thin branches of bushes.