The causes of breakdowns of gasoline and electric trimmers
Trammer for grass, both electric and with an internal combustion engine (ICE), is an indispensable tool in the summer and autumn period for owners of cottages and private houses. With its help, weeds, small shrubs are easily removed and the lawn is trimmed. But, like any technique, trimmers for grass fail at the most inopportune moment. To eliminate the malfunctions with your own hands, the user of this technique first needs to determine the reason for their appearance.
In the lawn mower and an electric trimmer for grass, if you do not consider breakdowns associated with the bar and the mowing head, the malfunctions mainly happen in the engine area.
Damage of gasoline trimmers
Typical breakdowns of a gasoline trimmer for grass, which are most often faced with the owners of this unit, are as follows:
- engine breakdown;
- problems with the carburetor;
- problems with the supply of fuel;
- muffler malfunction;
- gearal breakdown;
- The starter broke;
- Air filter problems;
- Broken a buckshot on a gas tank.
Malfunctions of electric trimmers
Since the device of an electric coser is much easier than a motirmer, then there are few reasons for its failure.
It should be noted that the elimination of some of them is best entrusted to the specialist.
Basically, the trimmer for the grass ceases to work normally in the following cases:
- Electric cable malfunction;
- The control button is faulty;
- burned engine winding;
- Contact joints break on the engine.
Why is the gasoline trimmer not starting for the grass
The reasons why the gasoline trimmer for the grass stopped starting is different, therefore, a phased diagnosis of the apparatus is required.
Fuel tank (fuel quality)
Remember that always before starting the unit, a check of the presence and quality of fuel is required. In this case, you should not be greedy and save, as well as “clever” about the amount of oil added. Everything must be done according to the management attached to the apparatus, since when the piston group fails, its replacement will cost about 70% of the total cost of the trimmer for the grass. Pour fuel due to the fact that you will fully conside it when performing work. After a while, the gasoline remaining in the tank loses its properties and can harm the engine. Therefore, do not prepare the mixture for the future and in large quantities. If the lawn mower starts poorly, try to drain the “old” fuel from the tank, and season it with a freshly prepared mixture.
Important! To refuel the device with fuel, the origin of which is unknown, fraught with negative consequences. Gasoline should be of high quality, bought at a gas station, and its brand should be not lower than AI-95.
Candle and candle channel
So, you changed the fuel, but nothing has changed, and the trimmer for the grass still does not start. In this case, it is worth checking the candle channel: whether it throws it with a combustible mixture. Often users transfer the air damper to the “OFF” position when starting, and when the engine started, they do not transfer it to the “ON” position, after which it stalls. Further, an attempt to start the internal combustion engine to again leads to the fact that it floods the candle with gasoline, and the start becomes impossible. To diagnose and eliminate the possible problem in this node, do the following.
- It is necessary to unscrew the spark plug, wipe it well and dry it. When installing a candle in the ICE cylinder, it should be dry.
- Draw from the combustion chamber the fuel accumulated there. This is done through the hole from which you twisted the candle.
- In the presence of soot on the electrodes of the candle, it must be removed either with a thin file or a nail file.
- Do not forget to put the gap between its electrodes before installing the parts in place. The gap on the candle should be 1 mm. As a probe to check the gap, you can use a coin.
- Next, collect the block, read the start instructions and try to start the engine again.
If the engine does not start, then you will need to check the spark. For this:
- unscrew the candle;
- put on it a cap of a high.voltage wire;
- Touch its metal part to the cylinder body (to provide contact, you can insert a tubular key) as shown in the figure below;
- pull the launch cord so that several engine speeds occur.
Normally, with each piston roll between the electrodes, the candle should slip a spark. If there is a spark, then the reason that the internal combustion engine is not launched should be sought in other nodes of the device.
For a better understanding of the process, how to test the candle for the presence of a spark, you can use this video where the check is shown by the example of the Lawn Mushiel “Soyuz”.
If there is no spark, then in the beginning check the cable connecting the candle to the coil. perhaps the reason is in it. You can call it with a tester. In case of detection of the rupture of the chain, a high.voltage wire will require a replacement.
Also the reason that the spark has disappeared is a malfunction of the ignition coil (magneto). The figure below shows what the coil (magneto) looks like from the gasoline trimmer for Patriot grass (Patriot).
To exclude the malfunction, it will be necessary to use a tester to check the Magneto trimmer for the grass, namely, its primary and secondary winding. On the primary winding, the resistance should be in the range from 0.4 to 2.0 Ohms. If the device shows 0. this means that there is a short circuit in the winding, and if infinity is a clear sign of a chain break. The resistance on the secondary winding should be in the range from 6 to 8 kOhm.
On some coils, it can reach the value of 15 kOhm.
If your lawn mower does not start well or stalls immediately after starting, you should pay attention to the air filter, since it can be clogged, as a result of which the air does not enter the combustion chamber, and fuel ignition does not occur. To check if the filter is the case, remove it and try to start the engine. If he earned, then the reason was found. The filter needs to be replaced or rinse well and dry before installation. In the case when you find the oil in an air filter, it must be washed with gasoline, squeezed well and dry at least 2 hours before installing in place.
If the unit does not start with an air filter, it is still recommended to check the fuel filter.
This filter cleans fuel of possible pollution. If it is scored, then gasoline does not enter the cylinder, and, accordingly, the unit does not work or stalls after starting. The fuel filter is located at the end of the fence hose, which is located inside the fuel tank. To get to the filter, it is necessary to extract a cork with tubes emerging from it.
When extracting traffic jams, a fence hose can disconnect and stay in a tank. It is extracted with a tweezer.
Next, remove the old fuel filter from the hose and put on it a new, pre.acquired. You can also clean the fuel filter if you do not have new. The filter must be fixed on the hose using a spring latch.
Install the fence tube on the cork and insert the last into the tank.
How a two.stroke engine works: briefly, but it is important to know for a clear launch of a lawn mower
Lawn mowers are produced with two.stroke or four.stroke internal combustion engines. The difference in the design is significant, but each model starts on the general principle. I show on the example of the Chinese trimmer for Eco grass.
The engine is called two.stroke because the full.time cycle is two tacts: the stroke of the piston from the upper dead point of the VMT to the lower NMT. In this case, the launch occurs with the second achievement of the upper position.
Similarly, chainsaws, boat engines and gasoline tools of another similar technique work. Consider the procedure. We are supposed to figure it out.
To start a trimmer motor for grass, we pull the starter’s cord. Its stretching is spinning a crankshaft with a flywheel creating the moment of inertia. The rotation of the crankshaft shaft is converted into the reciprocating movement of the piston.
The two.stroke motor has 4 working cycles:
- The first movement of the piston from the VMT to the NMT is accompanied by the injection of the fuel mixture (gasoline with butter and air), when the carburetor inlet valve opens under the influence of the created vacuum;
- The movement of the piston from NMT to the VMT: the intake and exhaust valves are closed, and the working mixture is compressed in a sealed volume;
- Both valves remain closed. At the upper dead point of the piston through the contacts, the spark slides through the contacts.There is an explosion of compressed gases. Its strength with an impulse throws the piston down and rotates the crankshaft through the connecting rod;
- The force of inertia of the flywheel directs the piston from the NMT up: the exhaust valve opens and through it the combustion products are pushed into the exhaust pipe.
All stages are performed automatically, but they are prepared by a person with his actions. When making errors it is made, the benzotrimer does not start and may break.
I try to make out all these points in more detail.
Cycle: what mistakes of beginners lead to breakdown of the engine of the trimmer for grass and exclude its normal operation
6 common mistakes with fuel
The manufacturer in the instructions clearly indicates the brand of gasoline with an octane number, oil and their proportions.
The first three errors are that the user of motorcycles violates all or one of these requirements. The motor will most likely start and work, but its resource may decrease sharply.
A small amount of oil, like its absence, will lead to the fact that the walls of the cylinder will not grease normally, and the piston rings will scratch them, and not slide.
Excess oil will simply burn, forming soot. She will pollute everything, including the piston and cylinder.
Failure gets into the valve, blocks their work, after which the motor will not start.
Will have to disassemble and clean the carburetor, or even put a new. Of course, you can try to wash the piston and the cylinder: it may be possible to bring them into working condition, but it is better not to bring them to.
The fuel mixture must be prepared with high quality and in strict proportion. The repair of a spoiled engine is expensive, about 70% of the price for a new gasoline trimmer for grass.
For the preparation of high.quality fuel mixture, I have a special container with a factory division of divisions in a set of trimmer for grass. Gasoline is neatly poured into it to the level of 500 ml, and then the oil to the required label.
An alternative method is the preparation of a fuel mixture with filling gasoline into a calibrated container, for example, a liter canister or a plastic bottle to a label, and an oil additive with a medical syringe according to its divisions.
The dosage with a syringe is more convenient, is considered the most popular way.
I recommend filling gasoline through a funnel with a narrow neck that has a filter: a metal mesh. protection against small garbage.
The prepared mixture should be well shaken and mixed until a uniform color appears. Only after that it can be poured into the tank.
If the mixture does not blame, then it will remain in the tank, and through the carburetor will enter the combustion chamber in portions with different ratios of gasoline and oil.
Fractions of clots of oil clog a candle. The motor stops, stalls, does not start. This is the fourth mistake of beginners.
It should be borne in mind that gasoline is hazardous. The risk of fire exists. Therefore, it is necessary to fill the mixture at a safe distance from the buildings, and in the case of the strait, which often happens to eliminate the causes of a possible fire. Violation of fire fighting measures. error
After pouring the fuel into the gas tank, the latter closes with a screw plug and the lack of leaks is checked. The trimmer for the grass is raised up so that the gasoline fills the cork. There should be no subterations from under the lid or from the fuel hoses.
Lack of such a check. an error can cause a fire.
There is one technical cunning that can cause a benzotrimer motor is not started due to the cessation of fuel supply. If you look carefully at the center of the traffic jam, then a round hole is clearly visible.
We turned Motokosa. Gasoline filled the cork, but does not flow through the hole: there is a sapphone inside. He is working.
On the inside, its design is clearly visible: a valve system of plastic and rubber is built.
Cal Trimmer 25” Noise
In the usual state, the valve is pressed to the hole and the fuel does not flow. Когда бензомотор работает, то топливная смесь расходуется через карбюратор. A vacuum is created in the tank. The vacuum opens the valve of the saapon, the pressure is restored.
You should know the two consequences of a malfunction of the sapuna:
- Constantly open hole. fuel pours out of the tank during its inclinations (excess consumption and the probability of fire).
- Contamination or sticking of the valve channel is the reason that the lawn mower does not start or stalls.
Check the soundtress is easy: you need to blow it in both directions.
All about the gas tank cover, including the repair of the saapun, is shown in the video of Bogdan Shabanov.
3 additional advice associated with limited chemical resistance of a mixture of gasoline with oil:
- Do not create an excessive fuel supply. Use freshly prepared fuel mixture. In a maximum of a couple of weeks, she will lose her useful qualities;
- Prepare as much fuel as it will go to one mowing during the day. At the end of the work, drain the rest from the gas tank and burn the last drops from the fuel canal with a neglected engine;
- It is especially dangerous to leave the mixture in the gas tank for a long time. winter. In the spring, you will make sure that the engine does not start without cleaning the carburetor (gasoline evaporated, the oil thickened and glued the valve).
In more detail, the technology for eliminating these malfunctions shows in its video video “Chinese lawn mower is not started” Sergey Lesnik. Pay attention to the fuel filter.
To adjust the work of the carburetor allows a special screw, but it is not worth it to twist it without need: the factory adjustment is accurately exhibited. It is better for novice users to contact the service center.
If the motor does not start or works incorrectly
Most often, this is caused by the incorrect launch of a trimmer for grass, when the correct procedure is not observed or there is no important component, so just run the correctly and the engine will start. If the lawn mower is poorly started after storage, most likely the old gasoline has ended and it just needs to be replaced.
If the machine has not been served for several seasons, you can find that the air or fuel filter is contaminated, and you just need to rinse or replace it.
If you did everything right, but there is no positive result, contact the repair workshop or diagnose and repair yourself.
Fuel pouring through the openings for candles
If there is no manual pumping on the engine of the trimmer for the grass and the device did not start, pour a little fuel into the motor itself through candle moves. Make the following.
- Check if the fuel level is sufficient in the tank for draining a small amount of it. It takes only 20 ml.
- Remove the cap from the candle and unscrew it with a candle key.
- If the candle is polluted on the former use of the trimmer, rinse and buy it. There should not be any deposits on the electrodes of the candle. Do not damage the ceramic insulator of the central conductor. In the new trimmer, check the candles for the factory defect.
- Return the candle back and check the spark look (category between electrodes) when the starter triggers.
- Remove the candle again. Using a 20- or 50-cup syringe, pour 20 ml of gasoline into a candle hole from under a candle.
- Insert and fix the candle by setting the magnitude of its technological clearance at least and no more than a millimeter.
- Skip fuel using a button (or lever) of swinging. if it is on your model of a trimmer for grass. Press the button every 4 seconds.
Now try to start the motor. Close the air conditioning immediately after starting.
Checking the ignition system
If the trimmer for the grass has already been used, then check the serviceability of the removed (at the moment) candles, changing it places with any other. If, when examining a candle, for example, a ceramic dielectric crumbled, electrodes bent. buy exactly the same, focusing on the product code, knocked out on the parts itself and checked it with a marker in the operating manual of a trimmer for grass. A candle without an insulator and/or with bent electrodes will not give normal sparks when triggered.
If the candles are in order, but the fuel is not observed, check the ignition coil using an ohmmeter (multimeter). Lack of indications (infinite resistance). a sign of a shift in the winding. If it was spent on overheating due to inter-flip circuit, there will not be enough stress for spark breakdown.
Since a very thin wire is used for it, so it converts 12.6 volts from the battery of 30,000, it is very difficult to fix it (rewind) in garage conditions. You will need to replace the coil.
Preparation of the fuel mixture and refueling
For the convenience of making fuel mixture, it is better to have a special canister. where one part contains gasoline, and in the other 2 stroke oil. We recommend getting similar, it is very convenient to use https: // ru-sad.RU/Prinadlezhnosti-Dlya-Sadovoy-Tehniki/Dlya-Benzopil/Kanistryi/
Next, take a measured container, with a scale applied to it, with its help you can prepare the mixture as accurately and quickly as possible. See in the instructions which brand of gasoline and 2-stroke oil https: // ru-sad.RU/Prinadlezhnosti-Dlya-Sadovoy-Tehniki/Masla-I-Smazki/recommended by the manufacturer of your lawn mower model. Pour gasoline and oil into a container for the preparation of the fuel mixture, according to the proportions specified in the instructions. Then the finished mixture neatly, through the funnel, pour the trimmer for the grass into the fuel tank. The ratio of gasoline and oil should be just the same as indicated in the instructions. This is a very important point!
Launching a lawn mower with an unfinished engine
For the first launch of the lawn mower, find the air damper lever and put it in position “Closed”. Turn on the ignition on the handle. If your model has a manual fuel pump, the people are called a suction, then click on it 3-5 times until you see the fuel mixture inside the primer. Now the tool is ready to launch. Put a trimmer for grass on a flat surface to ensure a stable position. Smoothly stretch the trigger cable until you feel its resistance, and then pull the cord with a sharp movement 3-5 times.
If the engine started after 5 jerks, then open the air damper. If this does not happen, still open the air damper (with an open damper and continuation of attempts to start the engine, the fuel flows a candle and you will have to dry it, and this is extra waste).
If the engine does not start, with an open damper, then close it to continue to pull the cord. The first launch may be quite difficult and demand up to 15 jerks. After the engine has begun to work, click once on the gas lever, so you will use idle. Now let the engine work and warm up. After that, it can be stopped by pressing the “Stop” button.
Removing and disassembling the starter, replacing broken parts
To repair the starter of the trimmer for the grass, you will need to disassemble it first, and then collect it. This process is not a particularly difficult occupation. For work, you will need a screwdriver with the tip of the desired shape.
Everything should be done carefully, observing safety precautions, mainly that the spring does not injure the master if an accident.
Parsing the starting node
They disassemble the launch mechanism in order to install new parts instead of broken in the following sequence:
- spin a screw with a screwdriver, fixing the pulley with a starter lid;
- take out a spring and antennae;
- Remove carefully with the pulley (you need to unscrew the head or work, having dressed the glasses and gloves before);
- determine why the launch mechanism has broken;
- If the spring collapses almost completely, then it is replaced;
- When the spring exits from the hook, it is installed in the original place, bending the antennae before this (the photographs show the laying process);
To change the spring, you should work carefully and accurately: it can, under the influence of the effort caused by the installation of it in place, accidentally burst. Even if you carefully remove the video, then the spring strip flies very quickly from the coil and can injure your hand with its sharp edges.
Immediately putting a springy plate in the same place does not always work. It often slips, so attempts are required to repeat until the desired result is achieved.
The assembly of the starting node is carried out in a number of stages:
When making the stated manipulations, it is necessary to lay two goals. If this is not done, then the spring over time damage the plastic cup, and when it is pulled. Because of this, a feeling appears, as if the spring had flown. To eliminate such a drawback, you need to install this part of a larger length or an additional goal.
When such spare parts are absent, you can just unscrew the screw a little, and the starter knot will begin to work without shaken. But this option is temporary. it is better to repair qualitatively as quickly as possible.
After installing the spring, it should be pulled. The following actions are performed for this:
- Remove the handle from the starter cord;
- Then the rope is inserted into the coil groove;
- They stretch the spring, rotating the coil in the direction opposite to the clock of the clock arrow (reviews);
- make the desired number of revolutions specified in the instructions for the use of the trimmer model used and the corresponding length of the cord used;
- At the very end, the rope is threaded into a hole designed for this, located in the starter cover;
- put the handle in place, fixing it with a node.
If after the repair the spring continues to fly, then you can get rid of this in the following ways:
- Squeeze the suitable piece of the plate into the groove at the location of the spring hook;
- drill holes on two sides of the groove in the coil, into which the spring hook is inserted and fix it using a wire.
Replacing a torn cord
A torn rope is replaced in the following sequence:
- The old cord is removed;
- choose a suitable rope (thickness and length);
- Having reached it through a special hole in the coil, a knot is tied;
- Sprinkle a spring, producing the required number of revolutions;
- Fix the pen.
It is better to stretch the spring plate along with the partner so that the edge of the cord does not hit the starter mechanism.
It is easy to assemble a starter on a trimmer and wound a spring, only you should do it carefully and with caution. For different models, the gas tanks of the launching mechanisms are the same, so they are repaired in a similar way. In this case, there are some nuances associated with their constructive features.
When it is necessary to adjust
Carburetor adjustment is necessary in the following cases:
- The new engine was running out (4-5 liters of fuel mixture were used);
- The composition of the fuel has changed (brand of oil and gasoline);
- The weather changed (it became hot, cold);
- Air vacuum has changed (concerns mountainous areas);
- after long.term storage;
- the load on the engine has increased (after changing the tool and t.D.);
- Due to the vibration, the adjustment screws spontaneously unscrewed;
- Fuel consumption has increased, the carburetor shimmers the fuel;
- Flapse quickly appears on the electrodes of the candle (while the fuel mixture is prepared correctly);
- The motor starts and immediately stalls or is poorly gaining momentum;
- Gasoline does not enter the cylinder;
- A large amount of exhaust gases.
How to properly adjust
Before setting up the carburetor trimmer for the grass, it is necessary to do the following:
- Rinse the engine;
- replace or clean the spark plug;
- change to a new one or clean the air filter (it is recommended to lay it out in warm, soap water, squeeze it out and let it dry well).
It is also necessary to install the cord of the right diameter in the trimmer coil or install knives-this is done so that in the process of configuration the engine has at least some load. After installing a cutting tool and starting a gasoline engine, let it warm up for 10 minutes.
If at the idle speed of the motor you noticed that the cutting tool rotates, then it is necessary to reduce engine speeds. This is done using the lower idle regulator, often marked with the letter “T”. The figure below shows the placement of regulators on the trimmer Husqvarna.
But, for example, on the STIHL trimmer, this screw may have a label “LA”.
So, turn the idle control regulator to the left, until the trimmer head is completely stopped.
To configure the carburetor, 3 regulators are used (screw).
- The right regulator L tunes the level of enrichment of the combustible mixture at low speeds. It needs to be adjusted by the first. Get a maximum of turnover at idle. This is done using the regulator L, turning it to the left and right. After finding the point of maximum revolutions, return the regulator for half a turn to the left (against h. Arrows).
- The lower regulator t (LA) is used to configure idle. Turning it to the left, the engine speed will begin to decline, and when the regulator is turned to the right, the revolutions will increase.
- Left regulator h is responsible for enriching the combustible mixture at high speeds. The enrichment configuration completes the adjustment of the carburetor. Also, using this regulator, you can configure maximum speed, fuel consumption and engine power.
Important! If you allow the engine to operate at full speed for more than 10 seconds, then it may fail.
To exclude this trouble, adjustment will be required. With the working motor, give a full gas, then turn the “h” regulator to the right until a reduction in revolutions begins. After that, the “h” regulator must slowly scroll to the left until you hear the uneven operation of the engine. Then the regulator “h” should be rotated to the right until the moment of flat operation of the motor is heard.
After conducting the above actions, the setting of the carburetor can be considered completed. After proper adjustment, the engine must confidently gain momentum, a little four at a maximum of revolutions, and when working, an idle cutting tool should not turn. This manual is suitable for adjusting carburetors on the Huter, Patriot and others benzocos.
There are also carburetors without a screw that is responsible for enriching the combustible mixture at low speeds. That is, they have only 2 adjusting screws: a idle regulator and a quality fuel mixture regulator at high speeds. How to configure a carburetor of this type, you can find out from this video.
The lawn mower is not started? Eliminate the most common reason
Chinese motorcycles headache for the owner, but still without them nowhere. The main problem is the difficulty of starting after a long downtime. If the lawn mower worked as a clock in the fall, but it does not start in the spring, then you must most likely disassemble the carburetor and clean its valve.
If the motor motorcycles refuses to start, then first of all you need to check the candle. If it is completely dry, then this means that the fuel is not supplied to the combustion chamber and the reason is in the carburetor. Immediately it is worth checking the candle and for the subject of a spark in order to exclude it from the reasons on all fronts.
You can also make sure that the motor itself is serviceable. To do this, having twisted the candle, you need to pour a syringe into a combustion chamber of several milliliters of gasoline. After this, the candle is twisted and the lawn mower is started. If everything is in order with the motor, then it will work for a few seconds. This will once again confirm that it makes sense to disassemble the carburetor.
Next, a plastic protective cover is removed along with an air filter. After that, 2 screws are twisted with a cross.shaped screwdriver, holding the air damper and the carburetor on the engine. Fuel tubes immediately break down.
From the side of the cap of the suction, you need to twist 4 screws with a screwdriver, and divide it into 2 halves. We are interested in half with suction. There is a valve from its inside in the center.
He often sticks out, because after evaporation of gasoline, with a simple on it, a viscous oil works as glue. To check it, you need to put a short thin tube and try to blow the air through it. If he is stuck, he will not be able to blow out in any direction.
Caliping of the valve is eliminated by a conventional match. Toothpicks are better not to use, since they are sharp and can harm. A match must be slightly rested on the valve and stir it. After cleaning the match, it will be blown up.
Fuel will be able to act, so it will work. Cleaning the valve is not a panacea for all motorcycles that do not start after downtime, but this helps in 8 cases out of 10. The remaining 20%, as a rule, are also associated with a carburetor, usually with a needle.
How to break-in grass cutter
The main positive feature of Carver equipment is that detailed instructions are included with any equipment. It contains the information necessary in the preparation of the working area for processing, tips regarding the safety of the use of a trimmer for grass, data on the device and the features of the activity.
The most suitable temperature for work is a period of 5 to 30 degrees from.
Before carrying out work, you need to check the condition of the aerofilter and the presence of oil in the engine without fail. Such oil is recommended by the SAE 10W class. It must be changed for the first time after the first 7 hours of work, then change every 120 days. Aerofilter must be cleaned every 120 days. It is subject to replacement annually. The spark plugs must be cleaned every 120 days, change every six months.
The main malfunctions of the lawn mower
The main malfunctions include difficulties when starting the engine. The carburetor can be guilty of this, because there are problems with the fuel that remains in it. So that the tool is always in working condition, it is necessary to adhere to such principles.
- Make a periodic inspection of the main parts of the equipment.
- Pour high.quality fuel into a trimmer for grass and change it in a timely manner.
- After applying the equipment, check if oxidation or soot in the details of the ignition system appeared.
- Prevent large loads on the unit during operation.
- So that the tool is in working condition for a long time, it is necessary to store it correctly in the winter period. Why is a trimmer for grass it is necessary to disassemble and rinse all the components of the parts.
User reviews for this equipment are mainly positive. Consumers had the display of ease of operation of the device and a long period of use, as well as good assembly, stability in work.