Life could be difficult without chainsaws in the household. Therefore, you need to know the rules of use and maintenance. First of all, it concerns the performance of the carburetor. From this detail depends on the efficiency of the chainsaw. Therefore, the carburetor of the Stihl chainsaw must be adjusted in time with the technology. If you have the knowledge and little experience, you can do it yourself.
Device and principle of operation.
Before starting the adjustment, it is recommended to study the carburetor device of the chainsaw in advance. Most often, it does not depend on the model, and the exception may be only Chinese-made chainsaws. But you can always peep in the instructions.
The carburetor is part of the engine of the chainsaw, which is responsible for mixing oxygen and fuel in the right proportions and feeding the mixture directly to the engine.
It is important that the proportions are maintained. Otherwise, there is a risk of engine failure, which may be manifested by excessive fuel consumption or a complete stop of the device.
The main parts of the carburetor gasoline saw are:
- tube. performs the function of air transfer, batch flow is possible due to the presence of the valve;
- diffuser. this part is located directly at the inlet, through which fuel is supplied, capable of accelerating the flow of air;
- the sprayer is capable of injecting gasoline into the generated air flow;
- the float chamber is a cavity, it serves to maintain the fuel at the same level, from which gasoline is fed through the jet to the atomizer.
The principle of the carburetor chainsaw is simple. Its structure allows air to pass through the tube, while a flap can adjust the speed. After the tube is opened, the float is activated. It leads to the fact that the air passes through the diffuser and mixes with the fuel. Then this mixture moves to the cylinder. Due to the difference in pressure (in the chamber with the float, it is almost equal to atmospheric, and in the tube. rarefied), the fuel is sucked into the tube, and the larger it is, the greater the engine speed will be.
Faults and Repair.
The carburetor chainsaw Stihl 180 requires both initial and periodic adjustment.
You can learn about its necessity by the following features:
- Problems with the engine, for example, it does not start or stalls immediately after the start of work. The most common cause is the use of low-quality fuel mixture.
- Fuel consumption and increased exhaust. Exhaust gas becomes more due to incomplete combustion of fuel. Most often, this problem may occur due to a glut of fuel.
Other damage may occur, such as clogging due to air filter damage or scale formation. The reasons may be related to the fact that gasoline remains in the fuel tank during a long period. It is so because the fuel is exhaled, which spoils the device.
Regardless of the reason, you will need to repair the carburetor, which often comes down to adjustment. The way to perform this procedure depends on the model of the chainsaw. However, you can follow general principles.
How to remove the carburetor from the chainsaw?
Before adjustment, you need to remove it from the Stihl chainsaw. For this you need:
- Turn the lock to the left to remove the cover.
- Remove the filter, for which unscrew the two nuts that hold it. For ease of use, it is recommended to use special screwdrivers with suitable nozzles.
- Remove all thrust, including the carburetor lever.
- Remove the carburetor and then disconnect the fuel hose.
It is recommended to memorize the location of parts so that you can then put the carburetor in place and at the same time, there are no other fasteners left or no distortions and cracks.
How to clean?
If the chainsaw stalls at idle, it is necessary to disassemble the part and clean it. First of all, it concerns the cleaning of an additional filter. This item is a mesh. To get to it, you need:
- Remove the largest cover.
- Remove the membrane, which is located under the cover.
- Clean the mesh that is located in the recess. It should be done with extreme caution because the mesh may fall out. Use copper wire for cleaning. Additionally, you need to wash and flush all the channels. The latter procedure is necessary if there is no gas in the carburetor.
How to setup?
Adjusting the carburetor chainsaw Stihl 180 is carried out to improve performance and fuel economy.
To adjust with your own hands, you need:
- Clean the fuel system, including the tank, from the remnants of a mixture of gasoline and oil. Blow out the air duct and filters.
- The setting of the carburetor of the chainsaw is carried out with the help of bolts H, L and S. Bolt H control the jet, provides maximum speed. Bolt L performs the same function but provides minimal speed. Screw S is responsible for the accuracy of the idle speed. Perform this procedure with the engine off.
- Adjust the carburetor on the chainsaw needed by the task of the respective angles of rotation of the first two bolts. You can set the base values as follows. Turn the first two bolts slowly in a clockwise direction, after an emphasis go back two turns.
- Start the engine and adjust the ignition on the Stihl chainsaw and its carburetor finally. To do this, find the highest idle speed by turning the bolt L in different directions. After this maximum is found, the bolt must be returned to a quarter of a turn. In that case, if the chain begins to move, the engine must be stopped.
- Conduct a technical check. In particular, it is necessary to determine the maximum number of revolutions, check the acceleration and stability of the engine at idle, as well as the compliance of these parameters with the basic values in the instructions. The quality of the mixture to be tested should be the highest.
The cost of repairs and replacement of the carburetor.
If there is no experience in repairing parts of a Stihl chainsaw, it is better to entrust it to specialists. The price depends on the complexity of the repair and region.
Regular adjustment of the carburetor allows you to increase the efficiency of the chainsaw and reduce fuel costs. It is recommended to strictly comply with the technology or entrust the work of specialists.