Changing the oil in the tiller: what and how much to pour into the gearbox How the gearbox of the tiller is arranged, what kind of oil you need to fill in its characteristics and prices, how and how much to fill it, as well as detailed instructions.
Transmission oils for filling in gasoline and diesel tillers
As for the gearbox, you need to use transmission oils. For example, semi-synthetic oil ZIC 10W40, designed for gasoline and diesel tillers, would be a good choice. Index API SM / CF, ACEA A3 / B3, A3 / B4, C3.
Another worthy oil is Super T-3 85W-90 from Gazpromneft. Its technical data will be as follows:
- API GL-5 indicator;
- Viscosity grade 85W90;
- Temperature indicator of loss of fluidity 280C;
- Flash point 2170C;
- Package length 270 mm;
- Packing width 130 mm;
- Packing height 240 mm.
This gear oil is also supplied in a 4-liter container, which costs about 600 rubles.
This is not the whole list of oils that can be poured into the tiller gearbox. In principle, any person familiar with the basic parameters of the oil, can independently determine what is needed for his tiller.
How to fill oil in a tiller gearbox
Before pouring new oil into the gearbox, you must drain old fluid. It is in this way that the oil in the gearbox of the Salute tiller, which can be found on the Internet, as well as other tiller models, is changed.
The algorithm of actions, in this case, will be as follows:
- The tiller must be installed on some hill so that the oil can be easily drained from the gearbox.
- There are two drain plugs on the gearbox, which is located at the bottom of the gearbox, and a plug that closes the oil filling hole. We first unscrew the filler plug, which is located on top of the tiller body (at the checkpoint).
- We take a sufficiently capacious container (an old bottle of transmission oil is suitable), after which we substitute it under the drain plug of the gearbox.
- Carefully unscrew the drain plug, after which the oil will begin to flow into our container. After waiting for the oil to drain completely, screw the drain plug back. Then we tighten with a spanner wrench of a suitable diameter until it stops.
- We insert the funnel into the filling hole. Then we take a suitable gear oil to fill the gearbox.
- Having filled the reducer to the optimal level, we screw the plug back. This plug is equipped with a special dipstick, and its length is about 10 cm. After we have filled in the oil, we need to check its level. To do this, we twist this plug-probe, after which we unscrew it again and check.
- If oil is at the tip of this dipstick, then no more need to top up.
As a rule, the oil change procedure should be performed every 100 hours of tiller operation. In some cases, this procedure must be performed every 50 hours.
In other words, the frequency of oil change depends on the model of the tiller, therefore all the necessary information is in the accompanying documentation for the tiller.
How much to fill?
Another important point is the amount of oil required. Before answering the question, how much oil should be poured into the tiller gearbox, for example, Crossser, Viking, Forza, Sadko, Don, Huter, Profi, Plowman, Champion, Carver, you must first check oil level in the gearbox. To do this, you need to perform certain actions:
- It is necessary to place the tiller on a flat surface so that its wings are strictly parallel to this surface.
- We take a wire or rod about 70 cm long, which will act as an oil dipstick.
- We bend the improvised probe into an arc.
- We insert the resulting probe into the filler hole to the very end, i.E. All the way. After that we take it back out.
If the gearbox is dry at all, then at least two liters of transmission oil will be needed.
What kind of oil to fill in the tiller gearbox?
How well and durable the tiller gearbox will serve depends directly on the quality and characteristics of the oil.
When purchasing a lubricant, it is worth considering the advice of the tiller manufacturers. It is also worth paying attention to the price of oil. Cheap tools do not guarantee good gearbox performance.
It is worth noting the following types of oils for marking on the market:
- SAE. An excellent composition for work with frequent temperature drops. Before the letter W, a number is indicated; this is an indicator of the minimum temperature at which the lubricant is poured;
- ASEA. The most popular universal products. It depends on the figure in what conditions the equipment can work;
- API. They are in the highest demand. They serve as a good lubricant, regardless of the type of gearbox and the conditions of use of equipment.
Before using a particular oil, it is worthwhile to read the instructions of the tiller manufacturers.
|Mark Tiller||Tiller gear oil type|
|Neva MB-2||Transmission oil TEP-15 (-5C to 35C) GOST 23652-79, TM-5 (-5C to 25C) GOST 17479.2-85 according to the international viscosity classification system SAE90 API GI-2 and SAE90 API GI-5, respectively Filling volume 2.2 liters|
|Neva MB-1||Transmission oil in accordance with GOST 23652-79 (TAD-17I, TAP-15V, etc.).|
|MKM-3 Mobile-K (lander)||TAD 1711 GOST 23652-79. Can be filled with SAE 90, SAE 75W / 90 according to API GL-4, GL-5 classification. Refueling 1 liter|
|TM 5-18 (TAD17I)|
|Belarus 08N-09N||In summer (above 5C) Motor oils: M-10V2 or M-10G2 GOST 8581 (duplicate motor oil M-bz / 10V GOST 10541)
In winter (below 5C) Motor oil M-8G2, GOST 8581 (replacement with M-4z / 6V1 GOST 10541 is possible)
|MTZ.05||M-8B1, M-8V1, M-8G1, according to GOST 10541-78|
|Transmission oil according to GOST 23652-79
Transmission oil GOST 23652-79 or aircraft type MS-20 GOST 23652-79
|Ugra NMB-1||ТСn-10 GOST 23652-79 or another type that meets SAE: 8085W API: GL3GL4|
|Oka MB-1D1 (2) M||Transmission oil TAD-17I, TAP-15V and others in accordance with GOST 23652-79|
|Celina MB||From the factory in the tiller gear oil
RAVENOL EXP SAE 80W-90 API GL-5 Can be filled with SAE 90 GL-5 gear oils
|Tarpan||Transmission oil TAD-17I or analogues of SAE 90 SAE 75W / 90 category API GL-4, GL-5.|
|Favorite MB 3, MB 4, MB 5||TAD-17i or MS-20|
|Motor Sich||Lubricating oil TAD17I, Tap-15V, TEP-15, TSp-15K, TSl-14 in accordance with GOST 23652|
|Patriot garden||Oil 85W90|
|Zubr||TAP 15 oil|
Features of the tiller reducer device
In each tiller unit, the design includes certain details. They differ slightly in different types of gearboxes.
In detail, the mechanism consists of the following parts:
- Covers and pulleys;
- Forks and shift axles;
- Control and shift lever;
- Bushings on the input shaft;
- Shaft block;
- Intermediate shaft gears;
- Washers and oil seals;
- Double-row chain;
- Left and right semiaxis;
- Double asterisks;
- Asterisk block;
- Input shaft;
- Bracket and springs;
- Clutch forks.
You can take a closer look at the structure of this node in the diagram.
The tiller gearbox is quite complicated, but following the diagram, you can easily cope with its dismantling and reassembly.
The following steps are taken:
- The reducer is completely removable;
- The screws are loosened, the protection covers are removed;
- The bushing of the input shaft is removed very carefully, the fork and the lever are dismantled;
- The input shaft is removed together with the gear;
- The shaft sleeve and chain are removed;
- The shaft block is dismantled together with the sprockets;
- The intermediate shaft is removed together with the gears;
- The clutch on the left and right axle shafts is removed.
After all these steps, you can get the gearbox disassembled. At the end of the repair, it is collected again.
The gearbox is one of the most essential nodal systems in the tiller. With its help, the torque is transferred from the motor to the wheels through a V-belt transmission. Also, the gearbox controls the change of speed and the movement of equipment.