The convenient and stylish Monferme 21327M trimmer is designed for comfortable lawn mowing. French engineers have made the device Not only beautiful in appearance, but also functional. The model has a bottom-mounted engine with a power of 500 watts. A distinctive feature of the trimmer is the 4-position adjustment of the cutting angle. The manufacturer also provided for the possibility of using the device for people of different heights. The length of the bar can be easily adjusted to suit the most comfortable grip of the D-handle.
An excellent garden trimmer is the Hammer ETR900. The affordable price of the Chinese device is perfectly combined with the high power (950 W). The electric scythe is very convenient to use due to its compactness. With a slanting width of 35 cm, it is possible to mow the grass in the narrowest places of the garden or between the garden beds. The overhead position of the motor prevents moisture from entering the electrical part of the unit. The manufacturer has equipped the model with a bicycle-type handle, which makes the work comfortable and less tiring. We move the handle along the rods, you can adjust the mount to your height.
The manufacturer also took care of the operator’s safety. There is protection against accidental start in the form of a two-button switch. The cover is precisely positioned in the work area, so grass does not get on the worker’s clothes and shoes. The set also includes a knife for mowing weeds and small bushes.
Best inexpensive electric trimmers
If you want Mechanizers your work, but are on a budget, electric trimmers from this category may be what you need. All of them do an excellent job with the task, but at the same time they have their own characteristics. Let’s look at three popular budget models and decide which one is the best.
10 best electric trimmers
Feature in the rating
Many owners of private houses and summer cottages carefully look after their personal plot. When the active growth of grass begins, there is a need for a special technique. The modern market offers a choice of lawn mowers, lawn mowers, electric trimmers. The latter compare favorably with an affordable price, so there is a steady demand for them. Electric trimmers are especially effective in small areas where the extension cord is easy to stretch. But difficulties also arise at the purchase stage. The range of power tools is very diverse, so a few tips from the experts will be relevant and appropriate. What parameters should you pay the closest attention to??
- First of all, you need to decide on performance. It depends on the power and speed of the motor. For well-groomed areas where growing grass will have to be cut, power up to 1000 watts will be enough. Chasing high performance is not worth it for another reason. The stronger the engine, the more the trimmer mass.
- The location of the engine affects the price and usability. Cheap low-power models have an electric motor at the bottom. But this design has serious disadvantages, for example, grass clogging and poor cooling.
- For overhead models, shoulder straps will be required. Unfortunately, not all manufacturers complete trimmers with these accessories.
- Electric braids and handle shape differ. Light machines are equipped with D-shaped holders, which give the trimmer maneuverability. And more powerful units are controlled by a handle in the form of a bicycle handlebar.
The best electric trimmers are included in this review. When compiling the rating, the following criteria were taken into account:
Electric trimmers GET-600 are assembled in China under license from the German company Huter. The tool impresses with its low cost in comparison with famous brands. But won’t you have to pay twice, as the saying goes? Let’s figure it out.
The bottom motor pivots 180 degrees on the boom. But unlike the previous model, the GET-600 is equipped with a wheel that makes vertical mowing more convenient.
D-shaped telescopic handle allows you to increase the trimmer length from 100 to 120 cm. Height adjustable and additional handle.
Attention! We want to warn you, in the first models, the design of the cutting head was unsuccessful and often failed. Manufacturers have taken this into account, but such models are still on sale. So be careful. In new models, the head device has been simplified, now, in order to remove it, you only need to Unscrew 1 bolt. In the old version, it was mounted on a shaft, and so that an attempt to remove it led to final destruction.
- Excellent performance for its power, mows almost everything, a good choice for a summer residence;
- Lightweight and compact;
- There is a wheel for vertical mowing;
- Height adjustable;
- Good value for money.
- A large percentage of defects in the first trimmer models;
- Low-quality native fishing line.
How to choose a trimmer
First of all, we note that the excellent Makita UR3502 trimmer is sold on tehnosila.Ru, while it is still in stock. When outside the window, after a long cold winter, the gentle sun begins to bake again, many are familiar with the irresistible desire to reject all city worries and problems in order to be finally alone with nature outside the city, at the dacha. But if you don’t want to contemplate the Protected Corner in your garden plot, but you want to see a refined landscape, then you can’t do without a trimmer.
This garden equipment is intended for the maintenance of lawns and lawns on an area of 6 acres, since its range is limited by the availability of a power source. Alternatively, you can purchase a cordless trimmer, but the battery usually only lasts up to 45 minutes. The duration of work also depends on the density of the grass and the type of plant.
When choosing a trimmer, you should take into account the area of the territory, the nature of the vegetation on the site, the design of the equipment, the ergonomics of the product and the availability of clear detailed documentation.
When choosing a trimmer, first of all, it is necessary to determine the location of the power unit. In modern models, two options for the layout of the engine are used, each of which has its own design advantages and disadvantages. Installing an electric motor at the bottom of the boom allows for better balancing of the product. This model, as a rule, weighs less (up to 3 kg) and is more convenient to operate.
But not everything is so simple: the proximity of the engine of many moving parts of the structure to the ground is fraught with clogging with dust and a fine grassy section of bearings and joints of moving parts. The power of such trimmers is limited to 600-700 W and they will NOT cope with dense thickets of grass and weeds. In addition, there is a risk of short circuit and electric shock to the user when cutting in the early morning or after rain.
Top-engine models are slightly heavier due to their design features. They use a shaft or cable to transfer rotary motion to the working unit. They are less convenient to use due to the lack of balance in the design. But this trimmer is more powerful (up to 1300 W) and easier to cope with tall and thick grass. On the lower, free part of the device, then it is possible to attach additional replaceable tools: a delimber or cultivator.
Bar shape and construction
The second most important element of the trimmer design, which is important to pay attention to. This is the shape of the support bar. Manufacturers offer this garden technique with a straight or curved rod shape. In the second case, instead of the shaft, a steel cable is used, which slightly affects the reliability of the trimmer. If the unit often has to be transported from place to place, then you can choose a folding model for ease of transportation, However, in this case, the vibration of the trimmer is more noticeable during operation. In addition, such prefabricated models are less reliable. A large selection of power tools in Yekaterinburg is here, details on the link.
As a cutting tool, a line with a thickness of about 2 mm or a cutter is used in the trimmer. A big advantage of the model will be the ability to replace the cutter with a fishing line and vice versa, or install an additional tool. Some trimmers automatically replace the worn out line from the spool. In the second devices, to activate the replacement, you need to lightly press the bottom of the trimmer (spool) to the ground.
The efficiency of the equipment is directly affected by the working diameter of the mowing zone. In devices with a fishing line, it is 40-45 cm, and with a cutter. Up to 25 cm. A trimmer with a power of more than 1000 W must be equipped with thermal switches to prevent overheating and fire. A special sensor can turn off the engine in case of overload due to winding of cut grass on rotating parts.
Ergonomics and production culture
The design of the documentation for the model is also NOT of the last importance. Trendsetter on the trimmer market are such companies as Efco, uleo-Mac, Gardena (Italy), Bosch, Shtihl (Germany), Husqvarna, Stiga, Flymo (Sweden). First of all, in reputable manufacturers, the trimmer comes with a technically well-written instruction that will help to assemble and set up equipment in a short time.
With a properly selected trimmer, working on a personal plot will no longer become tedious, and its well-groomed appearance will always delight the eye.
Types of trimmers
Trimmers are ideal for quickly cutting lawns, mostly with soft grass. Usually these are low-power devices with simple design features and an electric motor. The trimmer is used for work in a small area, which is located near the house or a place where there is a constant power source. But the power that the trimmer has is much less in comparison with gasoline devices.
Types of lawn trimmers.
What are the advantages of a trimmer:
- Low noise level;
- Relatively light weight;
- Easy to start up the device;
- There is a need to constantly refuel the apparatus;
- Environmentally friendly.
What are the disadvantages of the trimmer:
- Due to its low power, it is difficult for this device to cut thick grass and thick weeds;
- Has limited movement as it is tethered to an electrical outlet.
- From the location of the engine on top. Such devices are quite expensive, but they have a powerful engine, thick line and they can cut even very thick and wet grass. During operation, the overhead position of the engine, as practice has shown, is more convenient, due to the rational distribution of weight.
- With the location of the engine at the bottom. The bottom-mounted device is well suited for mowing soft lawns or permanently mowed grass. But the duration of its work is short in time, that is, this device requires constant rest. This type of trimmer should never be used for cutting wet grass. But the lower location of the engine allows you to significantly reduce power.
Trimmer handle types:
Trimmer handle diagram.
- “D”. Figurative;
- “T”. Figurative;
- “J”. Figurative.
A person who has some experience with trimmers knows how important the shape of the device’s handle is. Therefore, in order to choose the right trimmer, you should decide what kind of grass it will be needed for and for what territory it is bought. After all, it is on these factors that the shape of the handle of the future trimmer depends.
- “D” The shaped handle is ideal for small-scale work, but at the same time, its use requires great maneuverability from the worker. For example, when mowing grass along paths, fences, walls and around trees, shrubs and flower beds. In this case, the fishing line comes to the rescue. Most of these devices have an automatic line.
- For lush grass clumps, it is best to choose a trimmer with “D” shaped handle, which is additionally equipped “J” shaped handle, with the possibility of installing a knife. This addition protects against the danger of approaching the bevel gear. “J” Shaped handle is best used when the trimmer is equipped with a grass knife.
- Trimmer with “T” shaped handle for work in open spaces and for large volumes of work. This device is perfect for mowing thick tall grass and cutting thick branches, as it has a powerful three-leaf blade. Also a device with “T” Shaped handle suitable for large volume of work.
Lawn mowers device diagram.
The trimmer is equipped with a curved bar with a flexible shaft, which directly transmits the torque to the cutting body. That makes it possible to use only a head with a fishing line as a cutting element. In older models, the drive shaft is rigid and the shaft is straight. This design provides a lower vibration level of the trimmer, which means increased durability and reliability of the device. A person has the opportunity to use various cutting organs in the work, the view improves and the reach area increases when mowing.
To choose the right trimmer, you need to know at least a little about its device. It is important that such devices have a cutting element. The choice of the cutting element, and therefore the trimmer, depends on the grass to be trimmed. Trimmer cutter. This is a head with one or more pieces of plastic line attached. This line is used for secondary lawn care. During operation, the line easily cuts grass, weed stems and even small bushes.
As the line wears out, it needs to be replaced. In new devices, replacement occurs automatically or semi-automatically. With automatic feeding, the line changes independently, during each subsequent turn. In semi-automatic machines, as a rule, the head of the device will hit the ground enough, and the mechanism itself unwinds the required amount of fishing line.
To reduce line wear, a safety clip can be placed in the trimmer above the cutting body, which prevents the line from approaching obstacles. For grass, hard grass, young growth of trees, you can pick up a metal knife as a cutting body. For felling small trees, special discs with a certain number of teeth are used.
How to choose the right electric trimmer
Many gardeners dream of seeing a well-groomed and beautiful lawn on their site. Trees, flowers and other elements of the recreation area look quite attractive against the background of a neat green carpet. In order for the lawn to be always well-groomed, it is required to periodically cut it, this is precisely where trimmers help the owners.
A trimmer is necessary for everyone who has their own plot, because with its help you can mow grass even in inaccessible places.
What about lawn mowers then? A device such as a trimmer, in comparison with a lawn mower, is lightweight and easy to use. With its help, you can safely in hard-to-reach places and on uneven surfaces, where the lawnmower cannot pass, create a beautifully trimmed lawn. This device conveniently mows grass both around trees and bushes, and along walls, fences and paths.
How to choose a trimmer
- Some manufacturers have a range of electric and gasoline trimmers with removable heads so that you can change different attachments. Thus, the buyer gets a multi-tool that can be easily converted to a cultivator, brush cutter and snow blower. At the same time, the scythe for cutting grass is easily disassembled.
- When purchasing a trimmer, be sure to check the ergonomics of the device and ease of use.
- Consideration should be given to the balance of all parts, the convenience of the handle and steering wheel. Because it affects the balance of the mower during work.
- The shoulder straps will significantly reduce the load on the human body. A long detachable rod will help to increase the coverage area of the territory.
- For higher efficiency when mowing grass, the device must have high power and fast acceleration.
- The weight of the apparatus with its power should be minimal.
- The engine must be easy to start and equipped with special devices to help reduce the emission of harmful substances into the environment.
- It is desirable that the trimmer be equipped with a system for absorbing and minimizing vibration of parts, with which a person will come into direct contact during work.
Today, trimmer manufacturers offer consumers such a wide range of models that each customer will find exactly the device that suits him in all technical characteristics. When choosing a trimmer, you should NOT forget about the features of the lawn and the frequency of using the device in practice.
How the electric trimmer works
When the plug of the device is connected to the outlet, an alternating current is supplied, which is straightened and smoothed out thanks to the built-in rectifier and capacitive filter. The start-up of the switch provides electricity to the stator winding and brush assembly. The electric trimmer starts to work, its rotor begins to rotate as a result of the action of an activating electromagnetic field.
With the motor at the top, the rotational force is transmitted to the cutting tool through the shaft and gearbox. With the bottom motor, everything happens directly. Once the electric garden trimmer is at full throttle, the operator can start working. High speed and small cross-section of the cut are necessary for a good cut.
How to choose a trimmer
When choosing a reliable trimmer that will 100% cope with its tasks and last more than one season, you should pay attention to the following characteristics:
Power. A device with an indicator of 300 W can only cut soft short grass. Stronger models will be required to fight the Burian.
Cutting width. Indicates the maximum diameter of a weed area that can be captured in one pass. The more. All the better.
Weight. A heavy scythe is difficult to work with, but it has maximum performance.
Engine location. Top. Much more practical (balances the trimmer design) and safer.
Cutting equipment. Plastic line cuts thin vegetation, and a metal knife copes with hard tree trunks and even bushes.
When choosing an electric trimmer for grass, you should consider a number of its properties. Many users purchase this equipment due to its lower weight in comparison with gasoline units. Work will be done faster and easier.
Due to the lack of a fuel tank, the electric scythe is more compact. It doesn’t make as much noise as analog devices. This allows you to use the device in the evening or early morning.
The absence of fumes is an added benefit of technology such as electric grass trimmers. How to choose it, experts and users advise. However, you should be aware that it does NOT require additional parts such as a filter for gasoline, air. No fuel and grease, candles, etc. are required. This also simplifies the operation process.
When choosing an electric trimmer, you should know that it does not need frequent maintenance. These are the reasons that contribute to the popularity of the presented equipment.
What is an electric trimmer?
Such an indispensable tool in the field, like a scythe, is familiar to every Russian, even if NOT personally, but from old Soviet films for sure. The electric trimmer is an improved version. It was invented by American D. Bollas in 1971. Arriving at the car wash, he was staring at the work of rotating brushes and an idea arose in his head to use the principle of their work for mowing grass. The first electric scythe was made from a tin can. Later, the already familiar instrument appeared, which Bollas called weed eater.
Lightweight and manoeuvrable electric trimmer model weighing less than 2 kg, so even women can use it. The convenient structure of the rotating mechanism allows you to mow grass even in hard-to-reach places. Between bushes, in a flower bed or at the edge of a fence. The area covered by the fishing line is 26 centimeters. The motor is located at the bottom of the trimmer.
The D-handle fits comfortably in your hand, allowing you to maneuver between tree trunks in your garden. The protective cover prevents stones or small sharp objects from falling on the shoes. For extra protection, wear rubber boots and goggles.
- Lightweight arms and shoulders will not get tired.
- NOT noisy.
- Low price.
- Long bar, suitable for any height.
- 1 Cutting line resulting in NOT better performance.
Electric trimmer device
The long tube that forms the basis of the instrument is called the barbell. An engine is located at one end, and at the other. The cutting part, that is, the working head with a knife or line. Electric grass mirrors can have either straight or curved bar. In the first case, the cable transfers the torque of the engine, and in the second, a shaft is provided for THESE purposes. It is considered a more reliable transmission link, which is why straight-boom mowers are more popular.