The main causes of chainsaw breakage
Although the power saw is an uncomplicated device, from time to time, its work malfunctions, which can only be disassembled.
Examples include the following faults:
- chainsaw does not gain momentum;
- chainsaw ceases to function in the cut;
- chainsaw starts and stalls;
- chainsaw loses its power;
- chainsaw stalls when pressed.
Most often, malfunctions are associated with interruptions in the functioning of the motor, as well as malfunctions of other systems and components. Great importance is the correct handling of this technique. When all the rules of use are fulfilled, problems with a high probability are in the most obvious. When searching for causes of problems, it is advisable, to begin with checking the simplest part of the chain saw and end it with the most difficult one.
Check the main chainsaw systems
If the chainsaw refuses to work normally, you must make sure that all the conditions required for its normal functioning are ensured:
Then it is necessary to check the functioning of all its elements successively. First, you need to check the fuel tank. If the cause is not in volume or fuel quality, then spark plugs could be the likely cause of the malfunction. Candle clearance should not exceed 0.5 millimetre. If it is too small, it means that the soot has been deposited on the candles. In this case, remove the candles, clean them up, then put them in place and try to start a chainsaw. Also, it is desirable from time to time to completely replace the candles with new ones, even if they are in good condition.
Then you need to check the condition of the fuel filter and carburetor. Self-cleaning of the fuel filter is an easy task, but repairing the carburetor is best done by a specialist.
Chainsaw starts and stalls. the reason
If the chainsaw starts and stalls, when you first try to do the work, the reason may be a problem with the chain brake or jamming due to lack of lubrication. In this case, measure the level of oil. If the amount of lubricant is sufficient, then the reason may lie in the tube, which leads it to the lubricating mechanism.
Another reason may be a failure of the carburetor. If it needs the only adjustment, it can be done independently following the instructions. If the carburetor needs cleaning or repair, then you can not do without the help of professionals.
Another possible cause of this failure is a low fuel level in the tank. In this case, the chain saw stalls when tilted, since the rest of the fuel mixture is in the part of the tank opposite to the place where locates the suction pipe.
Why chainsaw stalls when heated
It often happens that the chainsaw starts up in the cold, but stalls during heating.
The following reasons can cause this behaviour:
- The carburetor is incorrectly configured. This problem can be identified by how the device starts up on the cold one. If it is made without closing the air damper, and the engine starts without a pre-flash, then this means that after heating the engine, the fuel pours over the candle. The solution to this problem is to adjust the carburetor. Details on the adjustment of the carburetor
- Coil malfunction (ignition module). You can identify this problem by successively checking the spark, first on a cold and then on a hot motor. If there is no spark on a hot engine, then the ignition coil must be replaced.
- Spark plug malfunction. In this situation, as with a malfunction of the ignition module, the spark disappears when the motor is heated. It is necessary to replace the spark plug with a new one, and if this did not lead to the solution of the problem, then the ignition module and the distance between it and the flywheel should be checked.
Why chainsaw stalls under load
Sometimes the power saw is unable to function normally under load. Most often, this is caused by improper adjustment or leakage of the carburetor. Besides, the cause of this problem may be air leakage through the gasket of the carburetor or crankshaft oil seals. A tool that is unable to function under load, also cannot confidently hold idle speed.
Diagnostics begins by checking the carburetor and crankcase for tightness. In the case of air leakage through crankshaft oil seals, their replacement is required. In identifying air leaks in the carburetor to solve the problem involves the installation of a repair kit gaskets.
If these actions did not lead to the desired result, and the engine crankcase with the carburetor is sealed, then the carburetor needs to be adjusted.
If the Husqvarna chainsaw stalls under load, then for any deviations of the motor functioning, first of all, check the impulse hose, as this is the most common cause of failure of the chainsaw of this brand.
What to do if when you press the gas stalls chainsaw
One of the most common questions regarding the operation of this device: why chainsaw stalls when you press the gas and what to do to solve this problem?
In this situation, you must perform the following steps:
- check the fuel filter;
- inspect fuel hoses for tightness;
- check the silencer;
- try to increase a little bit;
- Check the condition of the rubber seals on the crankshaft.
Why the chainsaw is not gaining momentum and stalls
If the saw can not gain momentum or stalls when you press the gas, then most likely this is not due to the tightness of the carburetor or crankcase of the motor. This issue is resolved by checking for tightness and regulating the carburetor.
Besides, this fault may be due to a defect in the fuel tank breather. Due to the formation of a vacuum in the fuel tank during the operation of the power saw, the required volume of the fuel mixture does not enter the motor, as a result of which it cannot gain momentum or stall. If you stop the chainsaw, open and close the fuel tank and turn it on again, it will normally work for about five minutes, and then it will no longer gain momentum or stall.
Another possible reason that the chain saw is not able to gain momentum may be an excess of soot in the muffler, making it difficult for the exhaust gases to exit, which reduces the power and speed of the engine.