The chainsaw starts up and stalls Friendship 4: causes and elimination The device of the chainsaw plant. The main causes of chainsaw malfunctions and how to fix them. Why does the saw start up and stall right away?
Chainsaw Friendship 4 starts and stalls: causes and elimination
If such a nuisance occurs, then it is very important to find the cause of the malfunction and eliminate it as soon as possible. To do this, it is not necessary to contact services where the equipment will be put in order for a certain fee. Sometimes the breakdown can be so minor that it is easy to deal with it yourself.
Chainsaw malfunction at idle
The cause of such a malfunction may be dirty muffler. Therefore, in order for the tool to work normally, sometimes you just need to clean the muffler of exhaust resin deposits.
Quite often, the air filter in the tool becomes clogged, the air supply to the system is clogged and this leads to the fact that the device stalls at idle speed.
To clean the air filter, it must be carefully pulled out, making sure that no dust from it gets onto the carburetor. Then the filter is thoroughly washed with detergents, dried and reinstalled.
The chainsaw may stop idling due to fuel filter problems. To check it, you must disconnect the gas line from the carburetor. If, when pumping up, the fuel almost does not flow out of the hose and enters the carburetor weakly, then most likely the filter is clogged with debris.
To clean it, first drain all the fuel and then remove the filter from the tank. This is done with a wire hook through the filler head of the tank. The filter is then detached from the hose and cleaned.
For normal operation of the chainsaw, it is recommended to change the air and fuel filters every three months.
The chainsaw can stall at idle speed when it has damaged fuel line. Therefore, each time before starting work, it is recommended to inspect the mechanism, its assemblies and blocks for possible mechanical damage to the body and fuel drive, fluid leaks.
If the instrument was stored for a long time in a damp place or was exposed to temperature extremes, the tube could simply crack. In this case, it must be replaced with a new one.
If the chainsaw does not want to idle, then the reason for this may be non-compliance with the ratio of gasoline and oil when preparing the fuel mixture. The proportions must strictly correspond to the instructions attached to the chainsaw. If they are not followed, the engine will not be sufficiently lubricated, as a result of which the mechanism will begin to stall.
How does a tool factory work?
The chainsaw is equipped carburetor two-stroke engine, which is practically its main element. Its power depends on the model of equipment and its direct purpose.
The chainsaw saw set includes:
- Cutting chain;
The larger the pitch the headset has, the more powerful and productive it will be, and therefore the cut will be deeper. Therefore, the engine should not be inferior to her in terms of power, otherwise the work of the tool will be defective.
The chainsaw is lubricated with special oil directly from the second tank located on the hand unit. Its mass has such features that the fuel and oil intended for the engine run out at the same time.
We got acquainted with the main elements of the tool, now it will be easier to understand the reasons why the chainsaw may stop working and how to fix them.
At idle, common reasons for stopping the trimmer are as follows:
- Dirt, misalignment or incorrectly adjusted carburetor adjustment;
- Clogged air filter;
Replacing the air filter for lawn mowers
Trimmer air filter
- Reducing the speed of the gearbox when it heats up, which is a consequence of the use of an unsuitable fuel mixture;
- Clogged throttle;
- Air ingress into the system;
- There is not enough fuel to operate the lawn mowers.
What could have broken
Problems with the lawn mower due to the fact that this device does not start are classified in a certain way by service specialists. They highlight faults with the following components of the mechanism:
- An engine in which the piston and bearings may wear out or fail, crack the crankcase;
- The fuel supply system, while the filter may be clogged or problems with the carburetor;
- Mechanical damage to wires, tubes, hoses;
- Ignition circuit.
The lawn mower often stops when it heats up. At the same time, it starts, works with jerks and gradually stops. This process occurs when the gasoline in the carburetor boils or the damper is installed in a rotary rather than disc type. In the latter case, the part is changed.
It happens that the trimmer heats up if the ignition circuit wire or coil is damaged. In order for the device to start working normally, parts are replaced.
First of all, what you should remember when purchasing this kind of tool is that certain parts of the saw must be replaced with new ones after their service life (passport) has expired. It is for this reason that the instructions should always be at your fingertips, since everything is described in a detailed way there.
These types of details include: sprocket (leading), bus, part of the system (anti-vibration), as well as the chain. Since you should not forget that if this filling is not changed to a new one at the right time, then these worn out parts will negatively affect the rest of the chainsaw. It is for this reason that you frequently check the depth of the direct toothing. Remember that it should not be more than 0.5 mm week.
Insufficient chain lubrication prevents starting and the saw does not develop speed
Many people ask themselves: why the chainsaw stalls when I press the gas? The answer may also lie in insufficient chain lubrication (see oil for the chainsaw chain), since the oil line may leak, or the direct channels may simply be clogged. That is why pay attention to the chain, since if it is dry, then, without delay, start cleaning the channels that supply oil directly to the tool tire. After that, inspect in detail the parts where the oil pump fittings are connected to the pipes. But if you notice that the oil leaks at the joints, or found cracks on the pipes themselves, then in the first case, seal the leaks with a sealant, and the pipes will have to be replaced.
Why does the chainsaw stall when you give gas when pressed, and does not start under load at idle
There are often cases when the owners of chainsaws are faced with their breakdown and it does not matter which model of this kind of equipment, since the nature of the breakdowns is almost the same for everyone. Well, the chainsaw has stalled and what’s next? Undoubtedly, you can refer the technique to specialized services that will repair your iron friend for a fee. But as the saying goes: why pay more?
After all, you can personally disassemble the tool and repair it, since the breakdown may be insignificant, and in the service you will pay a lot for this. But naturally, in order to bring the instrument back to life yourself, you need to be able to understand the reasons for its breakdown and how to troubleshoot it. So let’s learn! In this article, you can find answers to questions related to situations when the instrument simply stalls after directly pressing the gas. So let’s get started.
The reasons why the chainsaw starts and stalls
A chainsaw has long been not a luxury, but a necessary tool for those who have a summer cottage or home ownership. But, like any other technique, this tool tends to fail, despite the simple device.
The classification of the main faults includes:
- Complete absence of engine plant
- The engine starts and stalls
- Unstable tool performance
- Work stop under load
- Loss of power.
If the chainsaw does not start at all, the reason may be:
- Manufacturing defect
- Lack of fuel
- Problems with starting the ignition system
- No spark from spark plugs
- Poor fuel mixture
- Carburetor clogged
- High voltage wire problems
- Lack of compression.
Why does the chainsaw start and stall, what to do in this case? The reasons for this need to be examined in detail.
Why the chainsaw does not start well and stalls
With a poor start of the equipment to a cold, the problem may be the lack of compression, i.E. Rings are worn out due to a long service life, they need to be replaced. Sometimes the reason that the engine does not start well in an unheated state is a problem with the muffler, as well as poor contact between the plug and the wire.
Also, the reasons for a poor start can be wear or damage to the gasket, rubber cuff in the accelerator pump of the carburetor, which causes an additional flow of air, leading to an increase in saw speed.
The chainsaw starts and stalls: the reason
The reason that the chainsaw can stall right after the factory lies in the malfunction of a certain part of the equipment.
- The most commonplace reason why the chainsaw started up and stalled may be the low fuel level in the tank. This can be confirmed by stopping the operation of the tool when tilting, when fuel remains accumulate in a certain place in the fuel tank. With low-quality fuel, there may also be a problem with the operation of the chainsaw, in which case it is necessary to completely replace it.
- Clogged breather, which significantly reduces fuel consumption to the engine.
- Insufficient contact of the wire cap with the plug, which leads to strong heating of the plug insulator. Contact degradation can occur due to mechanical shear or carbon deposits.
- Broken spark plugs.
- Clogged muffler, which impairs exhaust gas output, causing the engine to stop running. For this reason, the chainsaw can start and stall at idle speed. Sediment in the muffler can also appear due to poor-quality fuel or improper use of the tool.
- Poor carburetor adjustment.
- Breakage of the piston group
- Fuel filter or pump problems. In this case, gasoline may flow through the pump or poorly flow through the fuel filter to the carburetor. As a result, the chainsaw starts and stalls when the speed increases.
- Dirty air filter. Problems with this piece of equipment lead to the fact that, with increased loads on the engine, it simply cannot cope with them due to blockage and stops. A similar result is also obtained with an increase in revolutions.
- Chain shortage due to lack of or insufficient lubrication, or a problem with the chain brake.