Do-it-yourself baby foot massager »Useful homemade products. do it yourself.
Simple attachment for dust-free tile cutting with a regular angle grinder from a simple plastic bucket.
Amazing Angle Grinder Dust Collector Tools
Hello everyone, I found an interesting device in the open spaces of the network that will help you cut dust-free tiles when performing repair work.
Making this device is simple and affordable for everyone.
rezka-plitki-bez-pili.mp4 [5.13 Mb] (Downloads: 1393).mp4
The procedure for making the device
For the manufacture of the device, an ordinary plastic bucket from under construction mixtures will be used.
At the bottom of the bucket, drill a hole for the diameter of the hose from the vacuum cleaner with a small allowance.
The hose nipple is inserted into the slot and glued with glue or sealant.
The hose itself, on the back side, we connect to the vacuum cleaner.
Marking the required dimensions on the tile for cutting.
We take an angle grinder with a special ceramic disc.
Dust generated during cutting falls down the bucket, and from there is sucked in by a vacuum cleaner.
Here is such a simple and useful device.
Nonsense, dust will still fly in the direction of the disc ejection.
Cut the tiles along the short part with an angle grinder, and along the long part with a tile cutter and there will be much less dust.
It’s true…. The way is delusional, and indeed not a way at all. Indeed, it is better to cut along the short side, and then scratch and break off with a tile cutter or glass cutter.
And in general The name “angle grinder” enrages. The angle grinder is a Bulgarian citizen. What is shown in the photo is at least a Chinese woman, if you do not consider the country. the birthplace of the brand.
This disgusting abomination came from the 70s, when we, wild ones, Bulgaria began to supply hand-held power tools within the CMEA framework. For drills, pistols and other things, we had speech equivalents, but for grinding machines (lo and behold) we did not. And we, as aborigines, christened this mechanism according to the country of origin. In fact, all over the world this machine is called “flex”. Name it at any international construction site. and they will understand you. Since this is consistent with the company that first began to produce such machines, and to this day is considered the legislator of standards in this area
What type of device can you make yourself
You can make a wall chaser or a furrow cutter yourself, having a certain tool and the necessary materials available. So, for example, a hand tool can be welded from an ordinary water pipe or metal fittings. An electric furrow cutter can be made from an angle grinder or a drill, with some modifications to these two tools.
But it is always necessary to bear in mind that the manufacture of an electric tool in artisanal conditions is not always justified, since there are not many grooves in the house, and the manufacture of an electric complex wall chaser will take a long time. In ordinary walls, you can make grooves with reinforcement or a plumbing metal thick pipe.
For cutting aerated concrete, it is best to use an angle grinder, converted to an electric wall chaser. We will consider all the stages of work in step-by-step instructions on how to make hand and power tools at home.
Features of the tool
Building codes provide clear dimensions for the puncture, which are designed for certain materials of the walls of buildings and should not weaken their strength. This is especially true for walls mounted from reinforced concrete panels, for which the depth of the puncture is strictly limited. Violation of these standards can weaken their strength and lead to undesirable consequences in the future.
Compared with an angle grinder, the speed of cutting a line with a channeler increases almost 2−3 times. The grooves themselves turn out to be smooth, the same width and, which is very important, the given depth is strictly observed. At the same time, during his work, a minimum amount of dust is formed in the room, and the work is much safer for the performer.
The wall chaser is used in construction to cut the shafts of different depths and widths. Special attention should be paid to the description of this equipment:
- Almost all models of wall chasers are equipped with two cutting wheels with diamond or victorious coating of the cutting edges. The distance between the cutting wheels can be adjusted to the width of the required rod, so that the groove is notched in one pass. In this case, the cuts are obtained even and of the same depth, which will further affect the saving of time and material during their embedding.
- When using an angle grinder to cut one channel, you will have to perform two approaches. In this case, the slots will be of different depths and, of course, with some deviations from the straight mowing line.
- The wall chaser has a base in the form of a platform on which a slide with several guide rollers (2-4 pcs.) Is fixed. The platform adjusts the depth of the slots and ensures the stability of the chaser during operation, which is almost impossible to achieve when working with an angle grinder.
- The slide provides easy sliding of the tool along the wall surface during the cutting of the channel for the manufacture of the punches. When the tool is removed from the cut grooves, the slide is lowered to cover the cutting discs. This ensures the safety of the worker who can get cuts from the rotating discs.
- Wall chasers are equipped with special covers for collecting dust, which is generated in large quantities during cutting of concrete, brick or other materials. The casing has a special branch pipe to which a hose from a vacuum cleaner or a filter that collects dust and small fragments from the cut through building material is connected.
The use of a wall chaser for cutting a line has a number of advantages, including:
- It turns out neat and accurate, according to calculations, the depth and width of the shtraba. Thanks to this, a minimum amount of plaster or putty is used.
- Using two discs, two cuts are made simultaneously in one pass, which significantly saves time and reduces the labor intensity of the work process.
- Thanks to the possibility of connecting a vacuum cleaner and the presence of a casing, there is practically no dust during work in the room. The noise level created by a channeler is several times lower than a working punch.
- When cutting channels (shafts), vibration is completely absent. which is very important for old panel buildings.
- This method of preparing channels for hidden laying of pipes and electric wires turns a long and time-consuming process of slitting into a comfortable and not time-consuming work.
Before starting work, markings are made on the wall for cutting the groove, and on the tool, using a platform, the depth of groove cutting is set. To do this, the platform is set in such a way that the cutting parts of the discs extend beyond its limits by a distance calculated for the depth of the cut.
When selecting the cutting width of the channels (for the cut), the distance between the discs is regulated by a set of washers or bushings that are put on the tool axis between the discs.
After that, a flexible hose from the vacuum cleaner is connected to the sleeve of the casing, and the tool is connected to an electrical outlet.
The drive of the chaser is carried out from an electric motor, which is powered by a 220 V mains, and the principle of operation itself is quite simple. The tool is pressed and guided along the wall surface, simultaneously cutting two even grooves of the same depth. Cutting is carried out simultaneously with two discs, in which the cutting part consists of diamond spraying or victorious soldering.
In this case, the tool does not sample the channel itself. Other tools are used for this operation.
After the slots are ready, the material between the slots is removed with a hammer drill or with a metal chisel and hammer. When performing the same work with a conventional angle grinder, it will take several times more time to perform a similar procedure of the same volume.
Professional wall chasers equipped with industrial vacuum cleaners are very expensive and are usually purchased by companies that are constantly engaged in construction work. For a one-time job, of course, it will be quite expensive to purchase such equipment. In this case, the best option would be to rent this tool or make an overlay for a wall chaser on an angle grinder with your own hands.
When the need for a wall chaser arises, the native casing is removed from the angle grinder. A homemade nozzle is installed in its place, clamped with a clamp. The next step is to install the disks. If required, screw on the extension spindle. Without plugging the angle grinder into the socket, turn the diamond wheels by hand. They must rotate freely and not catch on the walls of the casing. The adjusting screw sets the cutting depth of the grooves, try to turn on the angle grinder.
Vertical grooves are cut on the walls from top to bottom
Slitting with a homemade wall chaser is no different from the procedure performed with a factory-made power tool. First, markings are applied, a vacuum cleaner hose is connected to the nozzle, they try to make a cut.
The simplest method
The first version of a homemade casing does not require large investments, since it uses the one that is already included in the kit. To turn it into a nozzle with a dust extraction, you will need:
- Cut an exact copy of the factory casing from the metal plate. His image can be easily found on the Internet by driving in the marking of his ear.
- The next step is to select a pipe that will act as a dust collector. It is worth noting that the size of the pipe must be selected in such a way that the pipe fits tightly into the tube of the vacuum cleaner, or, conversely, fits tightly on it.
- At the end, you will need to weld the prepared parts, clean them and paint them. That’s it, your nozzle is ready.
Causes of dust formation
The angle grinder is a versatile tool. With its help, using various attachments, you can cut metal, stone, porcelain stoneware and tiles, process wood and other materials. But one of the disadvantages is the formation of a huge amount of dust.
Works causing the formation of large amounts of small debris:
Slitting grooves on the walls. Work is carried out on plaster, and cement and sand have a fine fraction. The height of the passage of the channels is at the level of one and a half or two meters. From this height, the dust settles evenly over the entire area of the room.
Sanding of wooden structures. Before painting or varnishing, wood products are subject to mandatory removal of cellulose fibers that are formed during the sawing process. Cellulose is thin, light and hangs in the air for a long time.
At the end of the repair, dust has to be removed from all possible cracks and cavities. To protect neighboring premises from construction dust, protective screens made of polyethylene film or lightweight fabric are installed in the doorways. Also, special devices are used that can be made by yourself.
Making a wall chaser with your own hands
It is possible to provide the simplest channel cutting tool based on an angle grinder. For this:
- Requires a combination of standard nuts and two cutting discs for cutting stone or concrete.
- The first disc is put on the shaft of the angle grinder and clamped with a standard fastening nut, which will act as a spacer sleeve between the discs. Then the second disc is installed, which is fixed with a nut designed for the grinding wheel.
- If the length of the working shaft allows, to adjust the distance between the discs, you can add a few more flat washers or make a separate bushing. In this case, it will be possible to cut channels of different widths.
- Naturally, when cutting with two discs, the load on the electric motor of the angle grinder will also increase, therefore, during operation, you should take periodic breaks to prevent it from overheating.
But when working indoors, it is still advisable to equip a makeshift wall chaser with a casing to collect dust and protect the worker from small debris thrown out by rotating discs.
Naturally, even with a self-made chasing cutter based on an angle grinder, it is practically impossible to do without a protective casing. In addition to protecting the worker from various fragments, the casing must have a special pipe for connecting a vacuum cleaner. Various filter elements that catch dust during operation can quickly become clogged without a vacuum cleaner.
If the volume for cutting channels is small and the work is not done indoors, the casing can be made from waste plywood or laminated floor strips.
Such a cover, of course, will not be able to solve the dust problem, but it will be good protection for the operator and the surrounding working area from flying debris when cutting channels (punches).
True, with such a casing design, the cutting depth will always be the same without the possibility of adjusting it, but for channels of the same type, for example, for electrical wiring, this will be quite enough. And the plywood base will easily slide on the wall surface and the presence of a sled with wheels is not necessary at all.
Having familiarized yourself with all the elements of the wall chaser, you can freely make it on your own from metal, so that in case of accidental disruption or breakage of the disk, it does not injure the working operator.
A metal pan with a diameter slightly larger than the cutting disc is best suited for the shroud. You will also need a sheet of metal 1.5 or 2 mm thick, a clamping clamp for the landing diameter of the standard protective casing of an angle grinder, a short metal pipe and a plumbing outlet, the diameter of which must match the diameter of the hose from the vacuum cleaner.
A profile tube can be used for the sole. To do this, you need to cut it lengthwise, and from the halves obtained, weld the frame, placing the cut halves parallel to each other. It is better to weld the halves with metal tubes through which the axles can be passed to fasten the rollers.
Then cut two sidewalls from a metal sheet and weld them to the finished frame.
Then cut out the angle grinder attachment and weld the clamp to it. You can use a hex head screw or a screwdriver to clamp the clamp.
Cut a hole in the bottom of the pan equal to the diameter of the hole in the standard casing. Then shorten the sides of the pan to a certain height and cut it below the hole.
Then a sidewall should be cut out of a sheet of iron and welded to the pan opposite its bottom. But before that, a hole is also cut in it. As a result, you get a finished casing that is welded to the sole frame.
In an almost finished casing, a hole is cut in its front part and a metal branch pipe is welded from a pipe with a diameter of 40 mm for a plumbing squeegee. A wide nut is welded to it under the handle from an angle grinder. And a plumbing outlet for the hose from the vacuum cleaner is inserted into the branch pipe.
The branch pipe can be welded to the top of the casing, and a different place for the handle can be chosen.
After the casing is completely assembled, rollers are attached to the sole, and a screw is used to set the cutting depth of the rod.
After the completion of the complete assembly of the casing, it is installed on an angle grinder and fixed on it with a clamp.
After welding and complete assembly, clean the produced casing-nozzle with a file from burrs and sharp corners, as well as from welding spatter. For the convenience of working with a vacuum cleaner, a long hose should be used, which should be at least two m / n.
Naturally, a homemade wall chaser saves time and money, but when working with it, you need to carefully monitor that the angle grinder does not overheat, since when cutting with two discs, the electric motor experiences a double load.
Therefore, it is advisable to use it as little as possible for cutting the punches. And when working, you should take breaks for the tool after a certain time.
A homemade nozzle, although it speeds up the work process, can affect the condition of the angle grinder.
Grinding attachments for angle grinders
A chasing attachment for an angle grinder should provide:
- Installing a second saw blade.
- Vacuum cleaner socket.
- Protective cover to protect the worker from construction debris appearing during work.
- Suction vacuum cleaner cyclone mount.
The main conditions for the performance of such a nozzle are as follows. The angle grinder must have a sufficiently powerful drive (at least 1500 W), and the length of the shaft on which the main saw blade is installed must be sufficient for mounting an additional blade with which the second wall of the groove will be formed.
The diameter of the saw blade itself is also important, on which the safety of work and the depth of the groove to be cut depend.
The type of bearings on which the shaft rotates is also important: the presence of a second disc increases the unevenness of the load, therefore conventional ball bearings, the permissible axial force on which is small, will fail very quickly, with a corresponding jamming of the shaft and equipment failure. Needle or roller bearing tool required.
Finally, when the shaft rotates, the movement of the saw blade should be carried out towards the working one, and not away from him (in the latter case, the total torque will repel the angle grinder from the groove obtained with its help).
A purchased chasing cutter-attachment for an angle grinder is prepared for work as follows. The protective cover is removed from the gearbox. An additional sleeve is mounted on the main shaft, which, with the help of a clamp fastening, reliably crimps the shaft.
The first diamond disc of the required diameter is installed on the shaft. from 150 to 230 mm; large dimensions will lead to an increase in the cantilever load on the sleeve. It is not recommended to replace the diamond disc with others, especially if the grooves must be obtained in concrete. A support washer is put on the sleeve (usually a set of professional nozzles includes several such parts of different thickness, which determines the width of the groove).
A vacuum nozzle is attached to the dust cone using ordinary tape. The angle grinder gearbox is attached to the extended control handle. It should be noted that any wall chaser-attachment for an industrial-made angle grinder has a seat for a removable handle, which is unified with a standard handle from the same manufacturer of the main tool. This is the limitation of the considered construction.
After that, the centering of both discs is checked, the body is fixed to the support of the lever, its stroke is set, and the reliability of fixing all the elements of the nozzle at idle is checked, and then at the working stroke.
Cutting concrete with an angle grinder. the choice of tool and features of working with it
Today it is difficult to imagine the work of locksmiths or builders, repairmen and other similar professions without an angle grinder. It is actively used when cutting, trimming and grinding various materials.
Attachment on the angle grinder for connecting a vacuum cleaner How to cut concrete without dust DIY
With an increase in the number of attachments, its functions become more diverse. The article invites you to get acquainted with how concrete is cut with an angle grinder, and its features.
It’s important to know
Modern manufacturers offer a variety of equipment models, so it will not be difficult to find a specific model of equipment in the regions (as well as companies or specialists who will quickly and efficiently carry out the work). But you need to remember some of the nuances.
- Wall saws are not used in multi-storey panel-type buildings because of the risk of flooding the lower floors with water. Also, the machine is not suitable for work in a confined space, if necessary, perform small volumes of cut.
- To reduce noise, you can cut openings in parts (at least 6 parts). In this case, the price of work rises and depends on the number of cut pieces.
- All holes / openings in the supporting structures are made only by certified companies and in strict accordance with the rules.
- Legalization of hatches / openings in load-bearing walls requires an appeal to state authorities with the provision of a full package of documents.
Dust-free concrete cutting is a complex task that can only be partially achieved. It is very difficult to completely get rid of dust, but its amount can be significantly reduced thanks to the correct choice of equipment and nozzles, the cutting method, as well as the use of a construction vacuum cleaner and the creation of special devices for collecting dust.
The second way to connect the vacuum cleaner
This method consists in connecting a construction vacuum cleaner to an angle grinder using improvised means.
polypropylene drainage branch with a diameter of 50 mm, at 45 degrees;
reinforced scotch tape (for greater reliability);
The described components for this method can be replaced by any suitable analogs.
Cutting concrete with an angle grinder. Determination of the type of concrete. Choice of blade, type of cutting
When performing various construction work, it may be necessary to cut concrete. Since this material is very durable, this procedure has a number of nuances. In this article, we will take a closer look at how to cut concrete with an angle grinder.
Tips for cutting dust-free concrete
During repairs or construction, sometimes it is required to carry out work on concrete: cut out an opening for a window, a niche, cut walls for wiring. The craftsmen know how many small particles are formed in this case. Cleaning after such events is a very laborious task. We offer you to figure out whether it is possible to cut concrete without dust and how to organize this process.
When choosing a disc, it should be borne in mind that segments can be attached to the canvas in two ways:
- Solder with m silver. These blades are widely used in wet cutting.
- Laser welding. These attachments are characterized by high productivity and are usually used for dry cutting.
In addition, when choosing a disc, you must make sure that its diameter and mounting hole match the specifications of the angle grinder. Also an important point is the maximum speed. It is desirable that this indicator of the disc be higher than the maximum rotational speed that an angle grinder can provide.
After all of the above parameters are determined, you will be able to choose the most optimal type of tool, which will ensure maximum work efficiency.
segmented disc concrete angle grinder