We deal with the choice of gasoline for lawn mowers AI-92 or AI-95
How many people, so many opinions, which applies not only to the choice of trimmer oil, but also gasoline. Similarly, in order not to make a mistake with the choice, it is recommended to use gasoline of the brand recommended by the manufacturer (indicated in the manual for the tool). However, everything is not so simple here, since at each gas station, the brands of gasoline are only called the same, but they have completely different composition. You need to figure it out and come to a common conclusion about which brand is better to pour gasoline into a two-stroke engine for your trimmer.
Manufacturers recommend using A-92 gasoline for their equipment, and some models require the use of A-95 grade, which DO NOT contain ethyl alcohol. It is not recommended to use AI-90 and lower gasoline, as they will cause rapid wear of engine parts. When buying gasoline of one brand, you cannot be 100% sure that it corresponds to reality. In total, the following picture is obtained:
- The manufacturer recommends pouring fuel into the AI-92 trimmer
- The summer resident uses only gasoline of this brand, but buys it at gas stations, where the price is lower or where necessary
- This negatively affects the internal parts of the engine, since at one gas station it is really high-quality AI-92 gasoline, and at the second. at best, if it is AI-80, not AI-76
As a result, the engine suffers, and after a couple of years of operation of the new trimmer, it becomes necessary to overhaul it. In order not to have to analyze the quality of fuel or buy only expensive gasoline, it is recommended to refuel at only one gas station. At filling stations, gasoline is only poured into metal cans, not plastic.
There are manufacturers producing special Purified fuel for two-stroke engines. If this option is chosen, then you DO NOT need to choose the best gas station, the brand of gasoline and control its shelf life.
Choosing a lawn mower oil useful tips from professionals
If the instructions for the tool have been lost, and there are difficulties with choosing the right oil, then it is recommended to stop your choice on the following two options:
- Semi-synthetic. they are cheaper than synthetics, but more expensive than mineral water. Suitable for equipment, both Russian and foreign. They have low smoke parameters, and adequately “take care” of the structural elements of the engine. Manufactured by ferrying oil products and hydrocarbons
- Synthetic. expensive types of lubricants, which are suitable for all types of equipment. If you use synthetics for your trimmer, then the engine of the tool will work like a clock.
When choosing and buying oils for dilution with gasoline, you may be faced with the fact that some letter designations are indicated on the canister. These designations are an API classification, which will be useful to find out who wants to fill the tool with a lubricant suitable for the parameters. Let’s consider all types of oils according to API classification for two-stroke engines:
- TA. intended for air-cooled units with a volume of up to 50 cm3. This technique includes mopeds, lawn mowers, trimmers and lawn mowers. Optimal solution for lawn mowers and trimmers
- TB. used for refueling engines of units such as mopeds, chainsaws, scooters and motorcycles. The engine displacement of such equipment ranges from 50 to 200 cm3. This type of oil is also suitable for trimmers
- TC. designed for dilution with gasoline and filling in motorcycles, snowmobiles and other types of land equipment
- TD. serves for refueling outboard motors, hydro-scooters and boats
API classification is an American standard used in Europe. However, when choosing, there are additional designations for a canister of oils for two-stroke engines, for example, FA, FB, FC, FD and others. This is a smoke emission classification of oils developed by the Japanese JASO standard. If such designations are found on the selected oils for trimmers and chainsaws, then their decoding must be taken into account:
- FA. used in countries where the legislation provides for the minimum emissions of smoke into the atmosphere. Emits invisible smoke during operation
- FB. Designed for use in countries where there are strict restrictions on the release of smoke into the atmosphere. Produces virtually NO white smoke
- FC. smoke is released into the atmosphere transparent, And not noticeable by a person
- FD. smokeless types of oils for 2-stroke internal combustion engines, which do NOT emit smoke, but still have improved chemical properties. They are usually used for mixing with gasoline and refueling boats, boats and yachts.
If the container with the lubricant contains the designation “self mix” and “pre mix”, then they mean. self-mixing with gasoline (the first option, and not requiring shaking), and the need for forced dissolution (second option).
Knowing the classification of oils by their types, it will not be difficult to choose the best option for your brand of lawn mowers. On the market you can find a variety of brands of oils for two-stroke engines, but it is better to pay special attention to such companies:
- Stihl. they produce mineral and synthetic, and semi-synthetic of this brand are rare
- Shell Helix Ultra. Recommended by Specialists
- Lukoil is a Russian oil that costs 3 times cheaper than foreign analogues, but at the same time has excellent quality indicators
Product are NOT indicated as vary. There are many other brands, and if you still want to find the perfect trimmer lubricant for yourself, then it is recommended to watch the test in the below.
From the, we can conclude that it is not always useful to buy expensive oils, since they may be of unsatisfactory quality, which can be seen in a real example.
How to choose trimmer oil or types of lubricants
Trimmers and lawn mowers are powered by two-stroke engines, which have a simplified design. Rarely, but there are models of trimmers with 4-stroke motors, which run on pure gasoline. Two-stroke power units do not have a compartment for filling engine oil (oil sump), thereby reducing the weight of the tool and reducing their cost. If the rotating parts of the motor are not lubricated, then in the end they will quickly fail. To prevent this, the trimmer is filled NOT with pure gasoline, but with a mixture with oil. What oil to dilute with gasoline for a trimmer?
To begin with, let’s remember or find out what types of oils are produced by chemical composition:
- Mineral liquids. designed for low power equipment with air cooling. It is the cheapest type of engine lubricant
- Semi-synthetic substances. they are used for equipment that has air and water cooling
- Synthetic. suitable for all types of motors with different types of cooling. They DO NOT require frequent replacement, and this type of lubricant is several times more expensive than mineral and semi-synthetic
From the above it follows that oil with any composition is suitable for a trimmer. mineral water, synthetics and semi-synthetics. Oils with different chemical composition differ in price, therefore, when buying, it is necessary to rely on the recommendations of the tool manufacturer. The instructions indicate advisory information on which types of oils are best to use. If this is the TC-W3 standard, then it is not so important what composition the substance should have. In this case, mineral water, semi-synthetics and synthetics can be diluted with gasoline.
How to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil instructions with a description
For cutting grass in the country or in the field, you will need gasoline trimmers. They run on gasoline, unlike their electric counterparts. How petrol and oil for trimmers, petrol and lawn mowers are diluted, are not known by many masters. Step-by-step instructions for preparing the fuel mixture in the trimmer will be useful Not only for beginners, but also for specialists who may be refueling chainsaws incorrectly.
Learning to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil if you grieve or pour oil
If you bought a trimmer, lawn mower, lawn mower, chainsaw and other types of equipment, then you probably know that they use two-stroke motors as power units. These engines do not run on pure gasoline, like four-stroke engines, but on a mixture of gasoline and oil. In what proportion should gasoline be diluted with trimmer oil. this question is asked by every summer resident before preparing the tool for work. We will understand this issue in detail, since diluting gasoline with trimmer oil affects the life of the tool, and improper mixture preparation will lead to rapid engine wear. What is the danger of excess or insufficient amount of oil in gasoline for a trimmer:
- If gasoline is diluted with a large amount of oil (above the norm), then this will lead not only to the appearance of a large amount of smoke, but also to the formation of carbon deposits on the cylinder walls and a drop in power. This carbon deposit will become a prerequisite for piston wear, which will be diagnosed by a decrease in its performance.
- If the gasoline contains not enough trimmer oil, this is even more dangerous. After all, the working mechanisms of the engine will NOT be lubricated in sufficient quantities, which will eventually lead to their rapid wear (there is a rapid destruction of the piston rings and engine jamming). With an insufficient amount of oil in gasoline, poured into the trimmer, engine wear will occur ten times faster
In order not to have to pay for mistakes with the cost of overhauling the engine or buying a new tool, it is necessary to fill the fuel of the correct consistency into the tank from the first day. You can find out the ratio in the instructions for the tool, since models from different manufacturers may give different recommendations. Usually this ratio is the following norms:
- 1 in 25 or for 1 liter of gasoline 40 grams of two-stroke oil
- 1 to 40 or 1 liter of gasoline 25-30 grams of lubricant
- 1 in 50. this is 20 grams of oil per liter of gasoline
The standard value is considered to be 1 to 50 (indicated on a canister of oil for two-stroke engines), but it is necessary to rely on it in the most extreme case, since the manufacturers indicate the recommended value of the proportion, and if it is NOT observed, then the service life of the two-stroke motor is reduced.
In addition to keeping the proportion, you must also learn how to prepare the mixture. After all, the option of adding oil to the gas tank is categorically contraindicated, although some do so. If you bought a trimmer or lawn mower, you will need consumables that you will use to prepare the mixture. Instructions for preparing the fuel mixture in the trimmer are as follows:
- Prepare gasoline and two-stroke oil based on the above recommendations for the selection of lubricant and fuel
- In addition, to prepare the mixture, you need to take a container or container. Usually, a plastic bottle is used for this, to the selection of which an Appropriate approach is needed. It must be clean inside. It is not recommended to use a container for milk, beer and other drinks. The best option is a container of mineral water
- It is very important that the container has a whole volume value, that is, 1 or 2 liters, so that you do not have to calculate how much oil to pour into a 1.5 liter, 1.3 or 1.25 liter bottle, because you can easily make a mistake
- You will also need a syringe, which is used as a measuring device for dispensing oil. For such purposes, a conventional medical syringe for 10 or more cubes is suitable. It is desirable that the syringe has an accurate measuring scale
- After preparing the necessary materials, you can start cooking
Instructions for preparing a fuel mixture in a lawn mower:
- First you need to fill the plastic container. The container is filled with 2 fingers, do not refill to fit the oil
- The required amount of two-stroke oil is drawn into a syringe, and poured into a bottle with collected gasoline. You need to do this, and not vice versa.
- After adding a lubricant to the bottle, it requires you to close it tightly with a lid and stir. However, at the same time Considering that oils with the designation “pre mix” need to be mixed. If the oil container has the designation “self mix”, then it is not necessary to shake the container, and after combining the substances, you can pour them into the tool tank
After preparing the fuel mixture for the trimmer, it remains to refuel the tool and start working. How to properly refuel trimmers, lawn mowers, chainsaws and other types of motor vehicles, we will consider in detail.
How to properly fill the finished fuel into a two-stroke engine
Many do not comply with some fundamental recommendations for pouring fuel into the gas tank of a trimmer or lawn mowers, which ultimately leads to unpleasant consequences. Consider important recommendations on how to properly fill the gas tank with diluted fuel from gasoline and oil:
- Prepare a funnel or watering can. Despite the large diameter of the hole in the gas tank, very often when trying to get into it, some part of the fuel is spilled, which gets on the body of the tool. Fuel that gets on the tool can cause ignition during heating, so it is very important to use a funnel or LEAKOME here.
- Before unscrewing the plug, thoroughly clean the surface of the tank, as dirt can get inside, which will become a prerequisite for the rapid clogging of the gas filter
- Fuel filling work must be carried out in calm weather or in a secluded place to exclude the possibility of dust and small grains of sand getting into the tank
- DO NOT leave the tank hatch open for a long time, as not only small Grains of sand and dust, but also insects can get into it
- When filling, DO NOT inhale gasoline vapors, as they are dangerous to humans. When working with a trimmer, the master must use protective goggles, headphones and a respirator
- It is necessary to pour fuel into the tank up to the mark. If you fill the tank full, then when screwing the plug, some of it will pour out. wasteful use of fuel. In this case, sorrow is better than pouring
Given these recommendations, you can significantly extend the life of the gasoline tool in question.
Trimmer Ready Mixed Storage Tips
After refueling the trimmer, many will save the mixture in the bottle until next time. Sometimes this next time does not come soon, and stretches until the next year. It is impossible to store the finished mixture for so long, as the oil decomposes. After preparing the mixture, it must be consumed for 1-2 weeks. In addition, it is also impossible to store the tool for a long time with the fuel mixture poured into the tank, since the effect will be similar. To prevent unforeseen circumstances, it is recommended to take into account the following recommendations for storing a ready-made gasoline-oil mixture:
- Prepares a fuel mixture in the amount that will be used. If you don’t know how much fuel you use, then it is better to cook less
- If a fuel mixture remains in the trimmer tank (when the tool is hidden in the next season), then it must be completely used up or drained
- Before adding the prepared mixture to the tank, stir it thoroughly
- Store the prepared mixture in a tightly rolled container, and also in a place limited to direct sunlight
Subject to all recommendations, the service life of the trimmer will be no less than indicated in the instructions. The use of high-quality consumables in pairs, observing the recommendations for preparing the mixture in the trimmer, will entail a long and effective service of the gasoline tool.
How to breed
Stihl saw fuel mixture is prepared by mixing high-octane gasoline and two-stroke engine oil. The proportion of oil and gasoline for a chainsaw is as follows: if the power of the unit does not exceed 1.5 kW, then the ratio will be 1:40 (i.E. 25 ml of oil per liter of gasoline), and with a power higher than this value. 1:50 (20 ml for 1 l).
Looking at the table of proportions, let us analyze, using the example of two dust of different power, how to mix oil gasoline.
- For the low-power STIHL MS 180 with a 2-stroke engine, the dilution will be 1:40. Its fuel tank capacity is only 0.25 liters. In order to mix fuel with oil for one refueling, we need 6.25 ml of oil for 0.25 liters of gasoline.
- For the heavy-duty professional chainsaw STIHL MS 660, the dilution of oil and gasoline must be carried out in a ratio of 1:50. In this model the volume of the fuel tank is 0.825 l. In order to understand how much oil to pour for such a volume of gasoline, multiply 0.825 by 20. It turns out that 16.5 ml of engine oil is required.
In practice, of course, it is not necessary to calculate what fate the lubricant will be diluted in the volume of gasoline per filling. Usually, the fuel mixture is diluted in a volume of 1-2 liters, which is enough for several refueling of the chainsaw.
You need to dilute gasoline for the Stihl chainsaw in a separate Canister, in no case do not pour the components into the saw’s gas tank separately. THESE engines have an oil pump and the ability to install it, so only ready fuel is poured into the tank. There are even special canisters with two necks on sale, so that it is more convenient to dilute the mixture, but you can add oil to gasoline for a chainsaw and in an ordinary Canister.
It is better to observe the proportions of refueling the chainsaw as accurately as possible: excess oil will create carbon deposits on the candles and pistons and provoke detonation during fuel combustion. This can shorten the engine life. In addition, the user of the saw in this case is forced to Inhale Exhaust gases from the unburned fraction. At the same time, excess gasoline can damage pistons due to insufficient lubrication.
Some folk craftsmen, in case of the absence of special measuring accessories, advise using a plastic bottle: a full cap (from the same bottle) of oil is poured into a half-liter container filled with gasoline. The output is an approximate ratio of 1:50.
It is better to calculate the amount of mixture for refueling in advance. Based on the expected volume of work and the declared consumption of this engine. The volume of the tank in most chainsaws is about 0.5 liters, a 2 kW engine will consume approximately 1.2 liters during operation (for more precise characteristics of the saw, see the instructions). Thus, it makes no sense to prepare a mixture in volumes exceeding 3 fillings in a row.
Before starting the preparation of the mixture, it is recommended to thoroughly clean and dry the neck of the canister and the area around it in order to avoid the ingress of foreign impurities: dust, water, etc. So that it does not get into the gas tank, and then into the engine.
Stihl produces its own oil for its tools. High quality Stihl 2-stroke oil with high lubricity.
Consider the table of the assortment of oils for chainsaws from the official website of Stihl.
Here we see two types of motor oils:
- Mineral base,
- Has a shelf life of 4 years,
- Minimum application temperature:.10 ° C
- Available in volumes from 20 ml to 55 l.
The manufacturer also suggests in the description for lubricants how to dilute the mixture for refueling the saw. in a ratio of 1:50.
What gasoline and oil is better to choose for refueling a Stihl chainsaw: a table of ratios, how to breed, proportions
The durability and reliability of the chainsaw is determined not only by the conditions of its operation, but also by the quality of the fuel used for refueling. In addition to the special conditions of use, when grinding parts in the first few refuelings, attention must also be paid to the quality of the fuel mixture.
Professional Chainsaws Stihl Equipped with two-stroke engines, requiring high-quality fuel. a metered mixture of high-octane gasoline and oil, designed for engine operation at high speeds. The correct choice of gasoline and oil for the Stihl chainsaw is the key to a long and successful operation of this unit.
Ratios of gasoline and oil for the Stihl trimmer
Stihl, a German manufacturer of high-quality cutting tools, produces motor mowers in addition to chainsaws. An indispensable tool for mowing grass and lawn trimming, it is lightweight and mobile.
A lawn mower, or trimmer, also has a two-stroke engine and is fueled with a fuel mixture. For the Stihl trimmer, a ratio of 1:50 is recommended (for 5 liters of gasoline, 100 ml of oil).
The first question that the user faces before starting work is what gasoline to pour into the Stihl chainsaw.
Gasoline for the Stihl chainsaw is filled exclusively with unleaded high-octane gasoline, ie, with an octane number higher than 90. If you fill it with low-octane gasoline, it is fraught with engine overheating, piston seizure and engine failure. Therefore, it is optimal to pour AI-92 or AI-95 gasoline into the chainsaw, but here the question of fuel quality arises.
Poor-quality AI-92 may “fall short” of the declared octane number, and AI-95 often contains many additives that do not bring any benefit to the engine. In addition, if the additives are of poor quality, they do not last long, and after a few days the purchased fuel can turn into low-octane, which is not suitable for a chainsaw engine.
At the same time, a good 95 can harm the piston system. “burn” it. Thus, some users have found a way out: to fill the chainsaw with AI-92 gasoline mixed with AI-95. This achieves an optimal balance between octane number and the amount of additives.
Unlike four-stroke engines, Stihl 180 chainsaw oil is poured directly into the gas tank, after being mixed with gasoline. It is recommended to fill the chainsaw with oil specified in the instructions for this model.
It can significantly reduce the life of the engine, and if traces of such a substance in the cylinder-piston group are found, the tool will be considered withdrawn from the warranty, i.E. It will no longer be subject to warranty repair or exchange.
Synthetic and mineral oils for Stihl chainsaws are sold in bottles or cans in different capacities: from 100 ml to 5 liters. Mineral ones have a lower cost, while semi-synthetic and synthetic ones provide complete combustion during engine operation, i.E. No carbon deposits and a minimum of toxic compounds in the exhaust.
In addition, synthetic oils retain their properties over a much wider temperature range, and also contain special additives that are useful for engine operation: antioxidant, detergent, preservative, etc.
You can choose engine oil for your tasks depending on the saw model and the frequency of its use: the oil consumption during the operation of the device is low, and Given the shelf life of semi-synthetic and mineral lubricants, there is a risk of simply not having time to use even a liter bottle to the end.
So, with a small estimated volume of work, one cannot but buy a bulk canister, but limit oneself to a bottle. Only Stihl mineral greases do not have an expiration date.
When calculating the proportions, remember that it is better to pour oil a little than to save on it: only a significant excess of lubricant is dangerous with the formation of carbon deposits, and a slight excess will NOT harm the engine. If his grief, the consequences can be more dangerous.
When mixing fuel for a Stihl chainsaw, the manufacturer recommends that you first pour oil into the canister, then add gasoline and then vigorously mix the components. But practice of use shows that oil can “stick” to the walls of the canister and mix poorly, so it is better to carefully pour oil into gasoline and mix.
It is better not to leave the remains of the fuel mixture in the tank in order to prolong the life of rubber seals and other parts subject to chemical damage. After stopping the saw, the fuel must be drained and disposed of: during long-term storage (more than a month), the octane number and other physicochemical properties of the mixture decrease and it becomes unsuitable for safe use.
In addition, after emptying the gas tank, you need to start the saw engine and let it run at idle speed until it stops on its own. this will mean that the carburetor is also rid of the remaining fuel mixture.
It is important to remember that the long-term performance of the equipment is largely dependent on the user. Saving on fuel in the case of a chainsaw can be much more expensive in the future. by out-of-warranty repairs of a broken saw or by purchasing a new unit. Compliance with the manufacturer’s instructions in most cases helps to understand the principles of operation of the device and prolong its trouble-free and trouble-free operation.
Gasoline for four-stroke engine
Devices with a four-stroke motor are more complex. Oil and gasoline are poured into different containers, from where they are then fed to the engine. For a mower with such a motor, you need AI-92 and AI-95 gasoline. Use fuel with a lower octane number. This will lead to unstable engine operation. In addition, do not use a lubricant designed for two-stroke models.
Fuel mixture for two-stroke engines
Trimmers, which are equipped with a two-stroke engine, do not have a separate system designed to supply oil to lubricate the rubbing parts. For this reason, such devices should not be refueled with pure gasoline, but with a mixture of fuel and engine oil. The latter should be specially designed for two-stroke engines. Application of automotive engine fluid will result in premature engine failure.
Preparation of a fuel mixture for two-wheel engines
You need to refuel lawn mowers with a two-stroke engine with AI-92 gasoline. When using the AI-95, overheating of the engine and uneven operation of the unit may be observed. You need to mix gasoline with oil in a ratio of 50: 1, where 50 is fuel and 1 is oil. It turns out that 1 liter of fuel will require 20 ml of oil.
If the engine is worn out or the tool is operated with a high load, then the proportion is 25: 1. If there is little lubrication, then scuffs will appear on the walls of the cylinder and the surface of the piston. Then the piston ring will undergo destruction, causing the engine to jam. Excessive excess is NOT so critical, but it can lead to carbon deposits. At the same time, the piston ring will coke, which will reduce the power of the device.
The proportions of oil and gasoline for the fuel mixture
How to choose for lawn mowers?
For two-stroke engines, lawn mowers use AI-92 or AI-95 gasoline. Most often. the first of the named. There is always information about this in the technical data sheet of the product. If, for some reason, it is not known exactly on which gasoline the trimmer should work, you can choose it by testing both brands of gasoline in action. Global changes in the engine will not happen from this, and it is quite possible to determine what kind of gasoline and or another model of the unit “likes” more, according to some factors. This will be shown by the developed power, and throttle response, and engine heating, as well as its stable operation at all speeds.
But it is much more difficult to determine the proportions of oil to a certain volume of gasoline. In this case, you need to know at least something in the equipment manufacturer. And already according to the standard proportions for this manufacturer, select the proportion for a specific model, taking into account the type of oil.
For example, for Chinese low-power trimmers, two ratios are mainly used. 1: 25 or 1: 32. The first is for mineral oils, and the second is for synthetic oils. In the choice of standard proportions for lawn mowers of European and American manufacturers in connection with the type of oil, we have already told you earlier. According to the class of oils for household trimmers, you need to use TB oil according to the API classification. For more powerful. class TS.
For the ratio of gasoline to oil required for lawn mowers, see the following.
Answers to the question What gasoline is needed for the trimmer and how much oil to pour? Under the heading Animals and Plants on the Otvet.Expert portal
Gasoline 92nd. And the proportion of oil is written on the container with oil and depends on its viscosity. In most cases, this is 1 in 50 (December 20, oil per liter of gasoline).
I’m not very well versed in such things, I only know that the brand of gasoline depends on the type of trimmer (in other words, the annotation indicates what brand of gasoline is needed and how much oil is needed), but I also found a forum site where there are the necessary ones for you data.
We have a trimmer. Usually he takes a duralumin canister and drives for 92 gasoline. How much oil to pour should be written in the annotation for the trimmers, or on the trimmer itself. Look closely at your trimmer. There should be numbers 1:50, 1: 40,1: 20. This is the ratio of oil to gasoline.
Gasoline is needed for the 92nd trimmer, but better than the AI-95. It is better written about everything in the annotation. If there is none, then here and there on the tank there should be an indication in what proportion to pour the oil. There is a rule that it is better to pour oil than sorrow. 1:20 in some places they write, and in others the trimmer is 1:40. Take a close look at your own trimmer.
How much to pour oil into gasoline for a trimmer
Lawn mows are a fairly common technique for combating weeds in summer cottages, in road gardens and housing and communal services. These devices have two more names. trimmer and lawn mower. These units differ in their engines. The more expensive ones have four-stroke engines, all the others have two-stroke engines. Of course, the latter are the most popular among the population, since they are simpler in design, lighter in weight, and much cheaper than their four-stroke competitors. However, two-stroke models are inconvenient in that the fuel mixture for them must be prepared manually, maintaining a strict dosage between gasoline and oil. In four-stroke analogs, the mixing of THESE components occurs automatically, you only need to fill the gas tank and oil tank with the corresponding substances. Let’s consider the issue of the correct refueling of two-stroke lawn mowers, since it depends on how effective and long the operation of such a unit will be.
And now about how to mix the components correctly. However, it would be more logical to start with an analysis of common, but absolutely unacceptable mistakes, which many owners of this mowing unit “sin” with. The following actions are considered as mixing errors.
- Adding oil to the fuel already in the mowers’ gas tank. Similarly, a homogeneous fuel mixture will NOT work. Perhaps it will work, if only then shake the trimmer for a long time. But it is unlikely that someone will do this by taking the weight of the unit.
- First pour oil into a mixing container, and then add gasoline to it. Gasoline has a lower density than oil, so if it is poured into the oil, it will remain in the upper layer, that is, natural mixing will NOT occur. Of course, it will be possible to mix later, but much more energy will be required than if it were done the other way around. pour oil into the filled gasoline.
- Ignoring accurate measuring instruments for taking the required quantities of ingredients used. In other words, diluting the amount of oil or gasoline “by eye” is a bad habit when operating motor vehicles.
- Take empty drinking water bottles for preparation of the fuel mixture. Such a container is made of too thin polyethylene, which can be dissolved in gasoline.
Considering all of the above, we recommend using the following rules when mixing a fuel mixture for two-stroke trimmer engines.
- Use only clean containers made of metal or special plastic for storage of gasoline, oil, ready-made fuel mixture and its preparation.
- Use for filling gasoline into the LEIKOME dilution container in order to avoid spilling, and for adding oil. in a measuring container with volume risks or a medical syringe for 5 and 10 ml.
- First, pour gasoline into the canister for preparing the fuel mixture, and then oil.
- To dilute the mixture, first pour only half of the planned volume of gasoline into the container.
- Next, add the entire amount of oil required to prepare the mixture to the gasoline.
- Mix the contents of the dilution container thoroughly. It is best to stir by making circular movements with a tightly closed container. You should not stir the fuel inside the canister with any foreign object, since it is not known what material this object is made of, what reaction it can enter into with an ingredient in the mixture, how clean it is.
- Add the rest of gasoline to the mixed mixture and mix thoroughly again.
- You can refill the fuel tank of the lawn mowers.
It must be borne in mind that the ready-made fuel mixture does not have to be stored for more than 14 days, since it loses its properties, stratifies and evaporates, which leads to changes in proportions, and therefore, deterioration of trimmer performance.
Choosing a brand of gasoline for trimmers
Select the brand of gasoline for lawn mowers, taking into account the manufacturer’s recommendations. If you do not follow them, then the motor will soon break down. Often RON 92 or RON 95 unleaded fuel is used to fill the trimmer tank.
Gasoline for fuel mixture
Filling the trimmer with AI-80 gasoline can lead to device breakdowns due to its low technical characteristics. Please note that after purchase, fuel can be stored NOT for more than 60 days, but it is better to reduce this period.
Polyethylene cans are not used for storage, because if they come into contact with the inner walls, static electricity will be generated. An accidental spark will cause an explosion. Although, there are special plastic canisters marked “flame”.
Consequences of violation of the ratio
How accurately you will observe the proportions of the oil-gasoline mixture recommended by the manufacturer depends on the service life of the motor scooter engine. The fact is that the fuel mixture enters the cylinders in the form of gasoline-oil mist. And the task of the oil composition is to lubricate the moving and rubbing parts and surfaces of various parts in the cylinder. If it suddenly turns out that there is not enough oil, but somewhere it will not be enough at all, the parts touching dry will begin to damage each other. As a result, scuffs, scratches and chips are formed, which will certainly lead to complete or partial engine failure (for example, it can jam).
In the opposite case, when too much oil enters the engine, it does NOT have time to completely burn out, settling on the cylinder walls and turning over time into solid particles. coke, slag and the like. As you might guess, this also leads to engine failure. The most important thing is that you must not allow. even a single violation of the proportion towards the lack of oil. It is better to pour a little oil 10 times than not to add just 1 time. It often happens that this time is quite enough to break the engine.
First of all, it is necessary to take into account the information that the manufacturer recommends, since in the event of a failure of the lawn mowers, you can present your claims to him, and not to a third-party source. If there is no instruction in the passport, and even more so if there is no passport, we recommend that you look for another trimmer model in a more reliable seller.
For all other cases, when you have a lawn mower model in your hands and there is no way to find out its technical features, there are standard proportions of the Most probable fuel mixture components for a two-stroke engine. Basically, for THESE units, AI-92 gasoline and a special synthetic oil are used, which contains a solvent for better mixing with fuel. This oil evaporates slowly and has the ability to completely burn out in the cylinder, Do not leave carbon deposits.
The standard ratio of synthetic oil to gasoline is 1: 50. This means that 5 liters of gasoline need 100 ml of oil, and in accordance with this, oil consumption per 1 liter of gasoline is 20 ml. Knowing the amount of oil required to dilute 1 liter of fuel, you can easily calculate any rates when preparing fuel for the trimmer. When using mineral oils, a ratio of 1: 40 is most often the standard. Therefore, 1 liter of fuel will require 25 ml of such oil, and for a 5-liter canister. 125 ml.
When working with lawn mowers, a person with little experience in operating such equipment will not be difficult to determine and adjust the actual amount of oil required for a particular model. You should only pay attention to Exhaust gases (their color, odor toxicity), cycle stability, engine heating and developed power. details about the consequences of incorrect mixing proportions of gasoline and oil can be expected in another section of the article. There are variants of lawn mowers running on AI-95 gasoline. This should also be considered.