How to cut a small diameter tree with a chainsaw
Before approaching the trunk, you need to cut down all small plants and branches that prevent access with a hatchet. Then you can start:
- The slope is determined. If there is no slope, then you need to cut at a slight angle from top to bottom, but not vice versa, as the tire may jam
- Once the saw has passed most of the trunk, the tree will slowly tilt.
- At this moment, you need to drown out the dust, and try to fill up the wood
Once the tree is felled, you can start sawing the branches. This must be done carefully, as you can get injured Not only when felling a tree, but also when cutting branches.
Preparing to cut a tree with a chainsaw
Before dusting trees with a chainsaw, you need to make sure that the unit at your disposal is designed to perform such actions. For felling large trees, professional and semi-professional chainsaws are used, the power of which ranges from 2 kW and above.
When getting to work, you need to consider the size of the tire on the tool. If the diameter of the wood does NOT exceed 30 cm, then for efficient sawing, saws are used whose bar length does NOT exceed 35 cm.If the trunk diameter is more than 40 cm, then you will need to use a chainsaw with a 65 cm tire installed.The thicker the trunk, the more difficult it will be to cut it.
To deal with the assigned task, before starting the tool, you will need to perform the following manipulations:
- Check the quality of the chain teeth sharpening. If they are dull, then be sure to sharpen them before cutting the tree. It is recommended to do this with a file.
- Check chain tension. If the chain is loose, it must be tightened.
- Make sure there is enough fuel mixture in the tank. If the tool has less than half a tank, it is better to refuel the tool.
- Calculate the trajectory of the falling tree, and clear the place. If the tree to be cut down bends and catches on adjacent twigs and branches, it will be very difficult to knock it down
- Clear the area near the wood so that you have unhindered access to it
- Take all the necessary tools for felling trees, which include an ax, a Kiev woman, a hammer
If the duo has a strong wind on the day when you plan to fell a tree, it is recommended to postpone the work until the weather conditions improve. It is dangerous to carry out such work when the weather conditions deteriorate, especially if the sawfly works independently without a partner.
How to cut trees with a chainsaw detailed description
Compliance with safety precautions when felling trees is an important procedure. If you have never worked with the tool, then you must first practice on branches and twigs.
The felling technology for large and small trunks has significant differences. The technology for felling large trees with a diameter exceeding 50 cm is as follows:
- On the side of the falling wood, you need to make a cut with a slope of 60 degrees. This slope is needed to guide her fall.
- As soon as an inclined cut to ¾ or ½ of the trunk is made, a horizontal cut is made. It turns out a corner or wedge that you want to pull out. The resulting side cut. the direction of the fall of the wood
- On the opposite side, horizontal sawing is done with a slight slope. This dust is done a little higher (3-5 cm) of the bottom cut from the side of the blade notch
- Dust is done approximately to the middle of the trunk. At the same time, the tree must remain in a horizontal position.
- A woman from Kiev or a wedge is inserted into the resulting dusting, which will prevent tilting in the opposite direction
- From the side, a light incision is carefully made (in the area where the cut triangle is located), and you need to push the trunk with your hand in order to fill it directly into the intended area
Make the indicated cuts on the trunk at belt level. Experts immediately start making cuts at the root, but this is very difficult and NOT safe. It is better to cut the rest of the hemp later than the tool gets stuck inside the wood.
How trees are dusting with chainsaws Step by step instructions
Chainsaws can cut trees with different trunk thicknesses. If it is not difficult to cut down a small tree in diameter, then it will be difficult to fill up a large trunk. Newcomers face such problems when they can see good timber for a heap. How to properly saw trees with a chainsaw without the help of a specialist, you are wondering, then it’s time to find out.
How to cut a tree with a chainsaw and NOT get hurt
It does not matter which tool is used to cut wood. a petrol or a saw. Initially, you will need to wear protective clothing, which includes a helmet, goggles, earmuffs, protective overalls and boots. Even if the cutting element touches the body, the clothes will suffer, protecting the human skin.
Before the firewood gets dusty, you need Partner’s help. After all, the process in question is very dangerous, so the slightest wrong action can lead to injury. If the sawfly gets hurt, his partner can help him. Working alone will not only result in longer sawing times, but also fatigue. The basic rules for felling trees include such a criterion as determining the center of gravity. Experienced sawfillers will be able to determine the trajectory of the fall by eye, just glance at the wood. It will be difficult for beginners to determine the trajectory of the fall, since even professionals sometimes make mistakes and miscalculate.
In order for a beginner to determine the direction of the fall, you need to follow these steps:
- Carefully inspect the trunk. the shape of the crown affects the direction
- Determine the presence of a slope. If there is a bias, then it is in this direction that you need to knock wood, and not Trying to change the trajectory on your own
- The direction of the wind, which affects the direction of the fall. Where the wind blows, there you need to strive to fill up the tree
How to saw branches
We proceed to sawing branches, and this should be done only when the trunk is lying on the ground in a horizontal position. The lower branches, which rest against the ground due to the weight of the fallen wood, must be cut down at the very end. The process of properly sawing branches with a chainsaw is as follows:
- You need to start work from the bottom of the trunk, moving to the top
- When all the branches are removed, you need to spray the trunk halfway from above.
- After that, the dust must be drowned out, left inside the barrel
- Drive a wedge into the hole to avoid biting the tool
- Carry out further finishing
To cut the trunk correctly, you need to start from the beginning of the top of the tree. To avoid jamming the tool bar, we always work according to the instructions. Often, even experienced sawfillers are faced with the fact that the saw is wedged between two trunks. In this case, it is not necessary to try to free it by fidgeting and pulling towards yourself. this way you can break the instrument. Block out the dust, find a support to slightly raise one part, and release the tool bar. It is problematic to do this without a partner, so I never work in the forest on my own.
With a wedge
The wedge can only be used to remove healthy, level trees that do not tilt more than 1 degree to either side. In addition, it cannot be used for cutting down trees with a large crown, because in them it is difficult to calculate the difference in masses from the sides of the fall and dust.
The exception is trees with a height of 1.5-3 m, the thickness of the trunk of which does NOT exceed 20 cm.But even in this case, it is advisable to insure the saw with a rope tied to the trunk, which is pulled by an assistant.
After creating a dust, a wedge is inserted into it and slightly hammered with an ax. Then they make a cut or dust on the side of the fall and, using a rope, create a force sufficient to tilt the trunk at an angle, leading to a fall.
It is more efficient to use a plastic / metal wedge and a felling blade together. The wedge is used as a safety element, and the blade is inserted after creating dust from the side of the fall and Using it as a lever, tilt the barrel in the desired direction.
If there is an opportunity to cut a tree in any other way, it is better to use it, because to work with any type of wedges or a felling blade, you need a lot of experience and many conditions.
Preparing for sawing or felling
Any adult, large and not very tree, even if it grows near a house on a private plot, is protected by law.
Therefore, before you can cut it down, you must get a felling ticket.
After that, it is necessary to determine the state of the tree and choose a way to delete it, taking into account:
- Physical capabilities;
- Availability of equipment;
- Experience in tree cutting.
When is the best time to cut trees?
Emergency trees can be cut down at any time of the year.
If it is NOT emergency, then the best season for felling is determined, based on the purpose of the wood.
If the wood is turned into chips and scattered around the garden, then it makes no difference when to cut it down, however, to get commercial wood or even firewood, it is better to cut down a tree in winter.
The choice of time for sanitary felling depends on many factors, the main of which are the type of tree and the type of disease. Therefore, only an experienced forester can more accurately set the time of felling.
How to properly and safely cut a tree with your own hands: methods, useful recommendations, precautions
Residents of private houses, as well as some apartments, sometimes have to cut down old, sick or emergency trees.
In an article in industrial sawing, we have already told how arborists harvest trees, that is, someone who does this professionally.
However, self-removal of a tree at home has many features.
Next, you will learn:
- What tools and equipment are needed for self-cutting, and is it possible to saw trees with a hacksaw for metal;
- How to properly cut a large tree with your own hands, and what method to choose in various situations;
- What security measures must be followed;
- How to use prepared tools and equipment correctly;
- What not to do.
Despite the fact that the angle grinder is used for cutting planks and small wooden blocks, it should never be used for cutting trees.
Indeed, even for cutting boards or bars, this tool is securely fastened in a special clamp, thanks to which the angle grinder is always stationary, and cutting occurs due to the movement of the boards or bars.
Thin materials such as plywood, chipboard or OSB, you can cut an angle grinder while holding it in your hands, but in this case, there is a high probability of a jammed disc, which often causes the angle grinder to tear out of your hands.
With a guy
To fell a tree on your own in this way, you need to prepare guy lines. To make it, you can use a rope, a winch and some kind of stretching element, for example, a spring or a rubber band.
The stretching force should be 10-20 kg for each meter of barrel length, and the difference in compressed and stretched state is 30-50 cm for each meter of barrel length, this will allow even without helpers to lay the barrel as accurately as possible in the chosen direction.
If it is not possible to drive a pin into the ground or tie a rope to a tree, then a parked car or an anchor driven into a solid wall can be used as a support.
If this is also impossible for some reason, then you will have to attract assistants who will pull the rope, directing the falling trunk in the right direction. In any case, the length of the rope should be at least twice as long as the height of the tree so that the helpers or support are out of the danger zone.
The main tool required for any method of cutting a tree is a chainsaw.
If not, you can use
- Two-handed dust;
- Hand dust (coarse-toothed hacksaw for wood).
In no case should you use an angle grinder (angle grinder) and any discs, because the tree will clamp the disc, after which the tool will tear out of your hands, and Considering the enormous rotation speed of the disc and the high power of the motor, serious injuries are possible. Also, do not use a hacksaw for metal, because its shape and fabric are not intended for such work.
Without a chainsaw, the felling process will require much more effort, and the likelihood of errors will also increase.
For cutting a tree with a guy, a winch and door springs are useful, which can be replaced with a rubber band or tube.
You will also need a mounting belt or climbing harness, and the latter is preferable, because it will more gently stop the body when falling.
We recommend not to get involved with self-removal of trees for those who do not know how to confidently use an ax and a chainsaw, because you will not only have to cut wood, but cut pieces of a certain shape.
In addition, it is necessary, at least in theory, to understand how parts of wood behave after sawing.
Otherwise, there is a high probability that the branch or trunk will begin to fall in the wrong direction due to the wrong place or angle of cutting.
There is also a high probability of jamming and damage to the saw, because the trunk at the cut point is a lever that creates tremendous pressure on the working tool.
For cutting with dropping or hanging, it is necessary to be able to knot and use climbing or assembly belay.
In addition, experience in climbing trees is very necessary, because you will not only have to climb on them or move along the thickest branches, but also carry a bulky heavy tool with you.
Hand-held circular saw
The hand-held circular saw is well suited for sawing large, flat but thin pieces of plywood, chipboard or even wood.
After all, the whole point is that the material being sawn is a support that takes the weight of the saw.
When sawing a tree, the tool will have to be held in hand, and given the rather large weight of the circular, it will be quite difficult to ensure a constant angle between the trunk and the disc.
Even a slight change in this angle will cause the blade to jam and jerk the tool. However, a hand-held circular saw can be used to cut branches, however the blade diameter should be three times the thickness of the branch.
Indeed, when sawing a branch, it will act as a support, due to which the load on the hands is sharply reduced and the likelihood of a disk jamming is reduced. But if possible, it is better to use a chainsaw for this, because it is many times better suited for such operations.
What to do if there is no chainsaw?
The chainsaw is the most efficient tool for cutting any tree.
If not, you can use an ax and a hacksaw or a two-handed saw.
To make dusting, a hacksaw cut through the trunk 1/3 of the trunk diameter across the fibers.
It is advisable to use a hacksaw with the largest and sharpest teeth possible.
Then the wood is cut down with an ax at an angle of 45 degrees, striking blows 2-4 cm above the cut. After that, the trunk is cut from the other side 3-5 cm higher (depending on the diameter. the thicker the trunk, the greater the difference).
If there is neither a hacksaw nor a two-handed saw, then all operations are performed using an ax. first, they strike the cutting line of the cut, deepening the blade into the wood by 1-2 cm, then chop from above at an angle of 45 degrees, forming a dust.
Some craftsmen do the opposite, first striking at an angle, then chopping perpendicularly. Both methods are the same in terms of effectiveness, so you can do as it is more convenient in a given situation.
If at least part of the work is performed with an ax, then it is necessary to fix the trunk with at least a rope under tension, and it is better to use a winch and springs. If she could not do this, then the tree may fall in the other direction.
In addition, with the help of an ax and a hacksaw or a two-handed saw, it is not worth cutting down trees whose diameter exceeds 10 cm. Their trunk is too heavy, therefore, due to strong blows, it can go in the wrong direction and seriously injure. Also, you cannot chop down rotten and rotten trees with an ax, branches can break off from blows and hit hard.
How to saw correctly with a chainsaw
Hello dear subscribers and readers of Andrey NOAK’s blog! Every summer resident or villager working with wood has a chainsaw in his arsenal. For example, at one time I sawn more than one timber truck for heating a house. When working with such a tool, it is very important to adhere to safety rules. And my goal today is to tell you how to saw correctly with a chainsaw. I still use the STIHL brand, so I’ll take its characteristics as a basis.
Although the operation of the saw may seem simple, it is still a traumatic tool and in the hands of an inexperienced person it is dangerous. Awkward movements can lead to cuts or more serious injury.
If all the instructions above are followed, then you can start work. It is very important here that the operator has a firm grip on dust with both hands. No need to slouch, but rather try to maintain balance. When tilting, do not change the position of the body, but only bend your knees. If you need to move from one object to another, be sure to turn off the circuit.
For high-quality work, only a well-sharpened chain is useful. When processing wood, it makes large sawdust and no force is applied to plunge into the material. You yourself will Feel and see when it becomes dull, in particular by the characteristic fine sawdust.
Check the tension regularly. To do this, turn the regulator to eliminate the chain slack from the bottom of the tire. We take special protective gloves, lift the end of the bar and pull the chain. If it is properly tensioned, it will not come out of the groove, but it will easily stretch from the movement of the hand.
The chain tension should be checked regularly to ensure safe saw operation. Often this is done after filling in the oil, and if you installed a new chain, then you will have to check it even more often until it gets used to it.
If you learn how to dust properly, then working with a chainsaw becomes a pleasure. And you will save yourself and others from accidents.
The saws use two-stroke engines, for which a gasoline-oil mixture must be used. It must be poured carefully, so as not to get on the body or follow the headset, in working conditions you need to move away from the materials being cut at a distance of 5-6 m.
The following things can happen during operation:
- A great opportunity for careless hands to touch the saw headset;
- Branches falling or chips bouncing towards the operator. Bouncing branches, wood chips, dust will be protected by goggles.
- The contact of the tissues of the legs with the working chain. To reduce the likelihood of the leg tissue coming into contact with the running chain, wear thick, lined pants. Of course, they will NOT save you from prolonged contact, but they will become an excellent obstacle and if you quickly remove dust from the leg, then there is a great opportunity NOT to injure it.
- Damage to the feet. To protect your feet, you need to purchase massive shoes, the toe of which has a metal insert. This is done for safety reasons, because the saw most often likes to slide exactly on this part of the body.
- Head injury. A helmet will help here, it will save your head from a bouncing headset and large branches.
When using, observe the following rules:
- The chainsaw must be held firmly in the hands, hands can be pressed closer to the body, so they get tired much less. Dust needs to be controlled.
- When sawing, never saw several logs at a time. It is forbidden to get dusty with the tip of the tire, since in this position it most often slips. The beam must be fixed and monitored so that nothing and could not pinch the chain.
- The position of the operator’s body should not be in the same plane as the operating chain. Do not lean too much, because you can easily lose your balance, which can lead to disastrous consequences.
- Most of the cases associated with discarding saws occur when processing a tree, or rather when cutting branches. The kickback area of the tire can touch a branch or tree, which can cause the saw itself to be kicked.
- The chain saw is NOT designed to cut material above shoulder level. This method is strictly prohibited, since the consequences can be very serious. Your safety is in your hands.
Serviceability check and start
- To work with a chainsaw, be sure to read the instructions, since different models may differ slightly, but I follow the STIHL operating rules.
- Before starting the device, you need to activate the chain brake, which is located on the front of the body. It must be squeezed forward. There is a plastic protector on the tire that needs to be removed.
- Press, if available, on the decompression valve. This will make it easier to start the chainsaw. If the device is equipped with a fuel pump, then you need to clamp it, which will reduce the number of pumping.
- A combination lever is located at the back of the body, in front of the handle, it should be set to the throttling or cold start position. To begin with, activate the throttle lever and its blocking and push the lever down to the end.
- Immediately before starting the engine, place the dust on a flat surface so that the saw head does NOT touch the ground. This position will prevent unwanted dulling of the chain and injury to the operator. The chainsaw must be grasped by the starter rope and handle with both hands. In order for the device to stand firmly on the ground when starting up, you need to step on the back of the handle with your toe.
- After gripping the chainsaw firmly, slowly pull on the starter rope until you feel resistance. After that, several times already with force we pull, to a short start of the engine. It is important to keep the cable straight up to avoid chafing into the fan housing.
- A throttle is located near the handle, the lever of which must be moved up to the half-throttle position. Now restart the engine and push the throttle lever. If everything is done correctly, the combination lever moves to the idle position.
- You can now lift the chainsaw off the ground. It is very important to do this carefully and NOT to touch the throttle. The motor runs, but the chain does NOT move as we applied the brake before. You can easily remove it, you need to pull the brake towards you until you hear a characteristic click, while the same hand does not release the handle.
- To check if the chain is well lubricated, take a white sheet of paper or another light background, press full throttle. In a good lubrication system, oil stains will appear. Now you can start directly to work.
Good luck and see you soon, Andrey Noak was with you!
Safety precautions when using a chainsaw
Yes, there are special rules:
- Use appropriate footwear and clothing: non-slip footwear, goggles, gloves, heavy clothing. Earplugs help reduce noise.
- Check if the chain is well sharpened and tensioned. The tension is good if the guide teeth stay in the groove when you pull the chain off the top of the bar. When filling with oil, it is advisable to always check that the chain is well tensioned.
- NOT WORKING IN WINDY.
How to cut down a tree with a chainsaw, and not cover up the harm to the surrounding objects, which are located nearby? Try to plan the trajectory of the fall, having previously studied the territory and the tree itself that you are going to cut down. If it is dry, large dead branches, twigs may fall off, so they can be cut down beforehand, and here you need to be careful.
You must leave the work area without hindrance. If there are other trees nearby, try to work so that the sawn branches do NOT get stuck in their branches, this can lead to an accident, and then it is not easy to get them out. The cut tree you will need to then process and take out or remove from the site. Choose such a direction for felling so that you can easily cut and remove the tree.
Harvesting is an important step after felling a tree. Choose a place for the fall of the tree where it will be convenient to spray it into parts, and then remove it from the site or load onto a machine
How to properly cut a tree with a chainsaw: safety rules when felling trees
Felling trees with an ax and a regular saw is a thing of the past; most owners of private houses and summer residents today acquire chainsaws. It is necessary to have a chainsaw. if there are old trees on the site for a wagon train, you periodically need to cut branches, and in case of force majeure, it often happens that a large tree falls or breaks. here you really need to know how to cut a tree with a chainsaw.
A similar situation can develop both in the forest, where you go to rest, and in the country. If you notice that the tree is in disrepair and its fall threatens property damage, do not pull with a felling
Many do not think about safety, but a few fundamental rules, in order to avoid dangerous situations, need to be learned.
The order of work when carrying out tree felling
Undercutting occurs in several stages. The first (upper) undercut is made at a quarter of the trunk diameter, at an angle of 45 °, you need to approach the tree from the side of the fall. Then an undercut is made. It is done horizontally to the level where both Undercuts will connect. After making two notches, you should have a 45 ° angle cut into the trunk. DO NOT cut the tree completely, otherwise it will be impossible to guess in which direction its trunk will fall.
The felling cut is now in use. Before you start Make sure that there are comments from people, pets and objects that could be damaged in the drop area. The felling cut is made on the side opposite to the intended direction of the fall of the trunk, it should be located at a distance of five centimeters from the lower dust, parallel to it.
Submerge dust slowly into the barrel. To prevent the tire from getting stuck in the trunk, insert a wedge into the felling cut before the tree starts to fall. The wedge must be plastic or wood, the metal wedge can damage the chain. Engine speed during saw operation. maximum.
While working, watch carefully where the barrel is going. So you can take timely action if you feel like the fall has gone in the wrong direction.
The arrows indicate the cuts: 1. upper, 2. lower, 3. felling. The unfinished part of the tree is a hinge that prevents falling in unwanted directions
Two options for dusting: in the first case, it is made to dust with a double right angle, it is more difficult to make it, but the tree is guaranteed to fall in the direction you planned, in the second case, the most common option to dust is performed, described above
When the barrel begins to fall, quickly remove the dust from the cut, turn off the engine and leave the work area. All actions Perform quickly, delay can be dangerous.
Below shows an example of work. fast felling of a tree, where it takes a minimum of time to complete the necessary Undercuts:
That’s all, we looked at how to properly fell trees with a chainsaw. if you follow the above rules, you can easily knock down the tree you want. And the main thing here is to be attentive and focused. Before the first felling, you can practice on a small dry tree, if you have one on your site, or look for one in a nearby planting.
How to properly cut a tree with a chainsaw. safe and effective!
Not a single summer resident can do without a chain chainsaw now! This tool saves a lot of time, but it can also cause dangerous injuries. DO NOT neglect safety rules!
Sharpening and tensioning the chain. taking care of the tool
A well-sharpened chain is a factor on which your safety, and the effectiveness of the tool, and its serviceability depend. Never start work if the chain is dull. this is evidenced by small sawdust and the need to use force when cutting. The sharp chain itself bites into the tree, you can even prune trees like this. the cut will turn out to be even and uniform.
Always check the chain tension before starting work. Well and correctly tensioned chain can be easily turned by hand, does not sag underneath. However, it is not necessary to overtighten it, otherwise it will simply overheat. Guide teeth Should protrude slightly from the bar when tensioning the chain, but not completely out of the chain. The chain tension should be checked every time you stop to refuel or change position. Better to play it safe once again. and you will be safe, and the instrument is working properly.
How to operate a chainsaw correctly. what the instructions are silent about?
We will not give you advice to look into the instructions before starting work. well, who looks there, you think! Frankly speaking, the instructions attached to the tool do not always clearly and intelligibly explain how to use it, how to regulate it. This is especially the case with manufacturers of inexpensive dust. it is impossible to simply pull the chain using instructions, because the manufacturer skimped on high-quality printing, and the image of parts is completely blurry.
We will try to convey to you the basic safety rules as clearly as possible! The first rule is protection of the hand, face and body!
- Clothes should fit snugly to the body, not hang down and NOT dangle. No scarves, laces, bracelets or chains! Hit the chain, they can pull you too!
- We put on strong, dense gloves, which will be comfortable to keep dust. Gloves protect your hands not so much from the saw itself as from the whipping branches.
- Put on a sneaker that does NOT slip.
- Eye protection! Glasses made of glass that do not break off are best.
- A helmet, special headphones or earplugs will NOT be superfluous.
Do not leave dust when turned on unattended, always hold the instrument with both hands. Start by settling on small branches that are conveniently located. At first, your hands get tired quickly, so on the very first day after buying the instrument, DO NOT plan large volumes. Yes, and the tool itself first needs to be rolled on small branches.
How to properly cut a tree with a chainsaw?
Remember that when felling or pruning trees, you must be in a stable position, nothing should prevent you from taking a step back or forward or to the side. You must foresee an escape route in case of unforeseen circumstances and draw up a sound felling plan. Make sure there are branches in the tree that could fall on you. Better to remove especially inconvenient branches with a hacksaw.
The safest way is to cut from top to bottom, starting with the highest branches. However, you cannot cut branches that are above the shoulder. First, the tree must be dusty. for this, a piece of wood must be drunk at an angle of 45 ° from the side where the tree will fall, на of the trunk diameter. First, the bottom cut is made, which should be on the same line as the future felling cut. The bottom cut is made to almost half of the trunk. Then, at a 45 ° angle, make the next cut 5-10 cm higher than the bottom cut, and cut until the line cut does NOT come together. Remove the piece of wood and start the felling cut.
Dust should be carried out at maximum speed, Take your time to plunge the tool into the wood. As soon as the tree starts to fall, immediately remove the tire from the cut and turn off the dust. Leave the drop zone. When you are sawing a fallen tree, be careful with small branches. they are the ones that most often lead to a reverse impact, with which almost all injuries are associated.
How to properly cut a tree with a chainsaw
Very often, when arranging a garden, building a house on your own or while caring for a park area, it becomes necessary to get rid of an old, ugly growing, or just an extra tree. Usually, it takes too long for the tree to succumb to the felling, so people prefer to use technical tools for cutting. In this article, we will study how to properly cut a tree, be it a strong spreading or an old tall plant.
How to cut a large tree?
It is often required to find an answer to how to cut down a tree, in this case the solution is very simple. It is necessary to correctly plan the course of actions during work and observe the proportionality of the cuts. In addition, tall plants are often used in parks. Therefore, another question arises, how to cut a tall tree? In THESE cases, renting an aerial platform for a while http://gsrlift.ru/auto/ from the “Gorspetsremont” company can help you.
- To cut a tall or large tree, you need to steer the bar at a 60 degree angle. This is done from the side on which the tree is planned to fall. The trunk is sawn to a quarter of the diameter.
- The second slice is done below. A triangular layer is cut.
- Then the transition to the other side is carried out and a small horizontal cut is made.
- After the work done, a wedge is placed in the saw cut, an expander for the felling. Several blows to it with an ax or a sledgehammer and the tree should fall.
How to cut a tree correctly. practical advice
First, you need to clearly study the process of cutting down trees, and then apply it in practice. Of course, the more experience you have, the better and faster all the work will happen.
For safety reasons, DO NOT deviate from the work plan and follow the sequence of actions, Do not rush.
- Outline for yourself the approximate place where the felled tree will fall. This area is called dangerous. There must be no houses, no people or animals here. The area is expected to be twice as tall as the tree itself.
- Once you have determined the direction you want the tree to fall, plan the side you will start sawing from, it might be better to start at the top, soaking up the branches and other parts. To orientate the fall, you can stretch a rope from the trunk to another object or plant. Sometimes you can ask a helper to pull the rope on their own while in a safe area.
- Security starts with you. You must prepare your workwear in advance. A protective helmet is usually worn on the head, the shoes must be strong so that you stand firmly on your feet, it is advisable to purchase leather gloves on your hands so that the tool does NOT slip out of your hands.
- Favorable weather conditions for tree cutting. It is the absence of any wind or rain.
- If you are new to this business, then your equipment for cutting is a bow saw or a special hacksaw for wood. Chainsaw is preferred only by professionals.
- Then make a so-called notch by sawing out a piece in the form of a blade.
- Make the final cut on the other side of the first notch, leaving the fibers centered.
- If the tree does not fall immediately, Step aside and ask an assistant to pull the rope.
Do not forget that not all seasons are suitable for cutting trees, you can find more about this https://goo.Gl/3PvU8L here.
How to cut a tree with a chainsaw?
In this paragraph, we will list several rules and answer in detail the question of how to cut a tree correctly. Due to the fact that such a tool is affordable and widely used in the preparation of firewood and performing work in the garden, on the site and during construction, adjusting the design of the park, the chainsaw has become the most necessary item on the farm. To complete the assigned tasks, you will need the following inventory:
- Garden saw or saw, chainsaw or saw: Any of the following items will work for cutting trees
- Personal protective equipment: underwear, goggles or visor, leather gloves, hard hat, strong ankle boots
- Cable with winch
Observe the following instructions:
- When working with a chainsaw, first check its serviceability, it must contain the appropriate fuel, this is a mixture of gasoline with a specific oil. It is very important to keep the correct proportion of each substance. The chain also has a special reservoir where the chain oil is poured. This element of the tool must be tensioned, if you want to check it, you can put on a protective glove and scroll. The pulling force should be great at inhibiting scrolling, but at the same time succumbing to the process. Remember to check with the engine off. Also look into the tire, this hole does not have to be dusty.
- Prepare the area around the tree by taking its length, growth slope, and branch span. Apply the knowledge gained from the first list of rules for beginners. In this case, professional tree cutters can use a cable with a winch to create tension and correct the direction of the trunk fall. Thanks to the rotating handle in the winch, this can be done with ease.
- Then start with the saw that it works fine, the sound is smooth, the chain is tensioned correctly, watch it make the first cut. Do not continue working if the saw starts to brake and gets stuck in the trunk. The first cut is made horizontally, from the side of the expected fall of the tree. The cut should be one third of the thickness of the entire trunk. The angle of the second cut to form a wedge is no more than 45 degrees.
- Above the first cut, a second additional cut is made, the so-called horizontal felling cut. It should not come into contact with the wedge made in the trunk, it is best to form at least 5 cm between them. When tilting the tree and subsequent filling, Stop dusting, push the trunk in the right direction and let it fall, move to a safe distance from the stump.
How to cut a large tree in pieces?
When cutting down a large tree in parts, it all starts with cutting off excess branches and crown of the tree. Their fall is insured. Surrounding should NOT be wires or areas with people, animals, houses.
Then all of the above points are observed cutting down large or tall trees.
Always follow safety precautions and then NO troubles will happen!