Today, there are several methods for installing PVC panels, with the most widely used is the installation on the crate. The frame structure is assembled from both metal profiles and plastic or wooden beams. If a tree is chosen for the lathing, then it should be pre-treated with antiseptic agents. Standard metal profiles are usually used for the frame, and the size of wooden and plastic beams should not be less than 4 × 2.5 cm.They are fixed to the wall and ceiling with screws, observing a step of 40 cm.
The battens must be fixed perpendicular to the direction of the panels. At the same time, regardless of whether it is a suspended ceiling, a panel or a screen, the cladding can be carried out both vertically and horizontally. The choice usually depends on the characteristics of the room and style. But it’s worth noting that vertical mounting has its advantages. It allows the water to flow down unhindered. This is especially important when the shower stall is sheathed. As for the vertical installation, it contributes to the visual “expansion” of the walls.
When assembling the lathing, the structure should be additionally strengthened at the corners with supports, which are used as small pieces of panels.
The installation process is as follows:
- Finishing starts from one of the corners of the room or from the door. First of all, the starting corner is fixed, it is attached to the surface with staples or nails. Then, using the fastening system, the first panel is installed, which is hammered into the frame with nails.
- The next step is the installation of the second panel, it is placed close to the first and thus the cladding is continued until the next corner.
- At the end of the sheathing, the finishing corner is attached and the final panel is inserted into it. The joints between the elements are carefully coated with sealant and proceed to the installation of ceiling or floor skirting boards.
Equally popular is the installation of PVC on special fastening clips; for this, a strong frame is made at the beginning. In the event that there are significant irregularities on the surfaces, plastic or plywood gaskets are placed under the strips and profiles and fixed with self-tapping screws. Similarly to the first method, an inner corner is fastened with clips near the door or in one of the corners, after which the first plate is inserted into the profile. Then a second one is placed in its groove and with latching clips. Then everything continues according to the previously described scheme.
If the bathroom is small, then frame installation is not the best option for it, since the design reduces the usable area of the room. Therefore, for small bathrooms, panels are most often installed in a frameless way, on glue. The only drawback of this technology is that it requires a perfectly flat surface, so the ceiling and walls have to be well prepared for cladding. To fix the material, you should purchase special adhesive mixtures that do not contain organic solvents in their composition, since they adversely affect plastic. Suitable means for this are “liquid nails”, for 5 m2 they require no more than one spray can.
The EASY Way To Fit Bathroom Wall Panels
Installation of panels on glue is carried out in several stages:
- The first step is to dry the working base well with a heat gun or a construction hair dryer. Then the surface is primed with an antiseptic.
- After that, the walls and ceiling should be leveled in such a way that the differences do not exceed 3 mm. The presence of slight bumps and cavities is allowed, they are easy to cut off with an angle grinder. Great attention is paid to the joints in the corners. They must be strictly perpendicular, otherwise the installation work will be complicated, creating problems with the fastening of the initial and final frame strips.
- When the base for finishing is ready, glue is applied to the panel, leaving a small distance from the edge, and it is applied to the surface at a level, pressing for 5 minutes, until the adhesive mixture sets. Sheathing elements that adjoin the floor and ceiling are cut, fastened with dowels and decorated with skirting boards.
Any type of finish needs careful maintenance and periodic cleaning, and PVC panels are no exception. Unlike other decorative materials, they are resistant to aggressive agents, so they can be washed and cleaned not only with water, but also with special compounds containing lime, acids and alkalis. It is advisable to do this at least once a year. To thoroughly clean the walls and ceilings finished with plastic from dust and dirt, it is enough to wipe them with a damp cloth moistened with a solution of water and detergent. If, after that, traces of dirt remain, then you can use a soft brush and re-clean everything.
Do not forget that plastic is subject to deformation at low temperatures and can lose its original appearance under the influence of direct sunlight and heat sources. Therefore, so that the panels do not turn yellow and do not bend, protective screens are placed in the bathroom near the radiators and windows. In addition, the cladding must be protected from mechanical damage, as it is easily scratched.
Properties: pros and cons
PVC panels are a unique cladding product made from polyvinyl chloride and used to decorate rooms with high humidity. The composition of the material includes rock salt and elements of petroleum products. Thanks to special manufacturing technologies, these components are converted into an ultra-strong polymer that is resistant to high temperatures and has excellent performance characteristics. In addition to the main raw materials, various additives are also used in the PVC production process, which provide the panels with color, porous structure and high protection against moisture.
The main advantages of this material include:
- Affordable price. Such cladding is considered budgetary and everyone can afford it.
- Huge selection of colors and textures. The market is represented by products of various colors, which not only imitate natural material, but are also decorated with photo printing.
- Durability. Since PVC is a waterproof product, it prevents the formation of mold and mildew on the surface of the finish, thereby extending its service life.
- Good thermal insulation and sound absorption. The internal structure of the material is designed in such a way that it retains heat and external sounds well, which is very important for bathrooms. In addition, during the installation work, a frame is installed, on which you can additionally lay another layer of insulation.
- Environmental friendliness. The raw materials from which the material is produced are absolutely safe for human health.
- Fast installation. It is quite possible to carry out all work on the assembly and cladding of the structure on your own, without having any special skills. In addition, there is no need to use a special tool for finishing. Wall panels also hide all connections, wiring and utilities, giving the bathroom a stylish look. Sheet plates are flexible, so they can be easily attached both horizontally and vertically at any angle.
- Easy to care for. To clean the finish from dust and dirt, it is enough to wash or wipe the plastic with water. No special cleaning agents required.
- Possibility of installation without preliminary surface preparation. The walls and ceiling, which are planned to be sheathed with PVC, do not need to be plastered and leveled, since the frame is attached to them and after finishing all the flaws will disappear. The most important thing is that the facing surface is dry and clean.
As for the shortcomings, the wall panels are fire hazardous, subject to deformation at temperatures below 18 degrees and, when installed, slightly reduce the bathroom space. The disadvantage of the products is their low strength, due to which they are unstable to the formation of scratches and chips. Installation in rooms where direct sunlight penetrates, which adversely affects the finish, is not recommended. But, as a rule, windows are not provided in bathrooms, so this disadvantage can be excluded.
Recently, for the implementation of design ideas in the bathroom, many owners of houses and apartments choose PVC panels, as they allow you to create any style, giving the room a modern look.
This material is available in several types:
- Rack. It is also called plastic clapboard. Such PVC has a standard length of 300 cm slats and a width of 10-12.5 cm, the slats are equipped with special grooves, so they are installed exactly like siding. Depending on the model range of rack and pinion, they can have wide or narrow locking systems, which you should pay attention to when choosing. It is commonly used for cladding bathroom ceilings, but slats work well for wall cladding as well. Due to the longitudinal or vertical placement of the plates, a visual expansion of the room can be obtained. Plastic lining is traditionally made in a monochromatic color or imitation wood with colored edging, it is resistant to moisture, but under the influence of low temperature it can deform.
- Standard. It looks like smooth panels 260-300 cm long and 25-37 cm wide. The device of the products includes tongue-and-groove locks that allow quick installation and create a solid, durable coating that does not allow moisture to pass through. Such plates can be both colored, with photo printing, and with imitation of tiles. These panels are much more durable, but their installation is more difficult.
- Sheet. It represents large, but thin lamellas 4.05 m long and 2.03 m wide. They are characterized by a special structure and consist of two plastic layers, between which longitudinal bridges are built-in. Finishing with material, as a rule, is performed end-to-end, after which the seams are filled with a sealant to match the color of the coating. It is best to do the sheathing with glue on a leveled base, but sometimes installation is carried out on the crate. Sheet products come in various colors and textures, but require special installation technology and careful operation.
Depending on how PVC is attached, products are divided into seamless, beveled and embossed. The seamless type is often used for finishing ceilings. During installation, decorative elements are placed tightly to each other, as a result of which a minimal seam is formed. If the installation technology is performed correctly, then the connections between the plates are practically invisible and the finish takes on a holistic look. In addition, seamless patterns can be created on ceilings and walls using seamless panels.
The material made in the form of a chamfer is in many ways similar to seamless lamellas, but unlike them, there is a chamfer in the end part of the product. It is a decorative recess that allows the panels to be joined into one sheet. Beveled PVC is also called rustic panels; they can be purchased both for wall cladding and ceilings. If you need to get a stunning effect in wall decoration, then it is best to choose a material with a relief surface. It looks like a clapboard and has high wear resistance and strength, but compared to other types it costs much more.
PVC panels for the bathroom: design options and installation
- Properties: pros and cons
- Design and decor
- Criterias of choice
- Installation features
- Preparation and accessories
- Installation methods
- Design ideas
The bathroom is considered one of the most important rooms of housing, since it is in it that the day of all family members begins and ends, therefore, in order for it to be not only comfortable, but also beautiful, special attention must be paid to its design. Today, there are many finishing materials that can be used to make the interior of the bathroom in an original way, and PVC wall panels deserve special attention. They perfectly protect the room from moisture, give it an aesthetic look and are easy to install.
Criterias of choice
The crucial moment when decorating a bathroom is the acquisition of material, on which not only the strength and durability of the finish will depend, but also the interior of the room.
Before choosing panels, you need to consider the following points:
- In order for the cladding to reliably serve for many years, it is best to buy panels that have several jumpers. The more stiffening ribs, the more reliable the product. Do not use material with deformed locks and jumpers.
- The appearance of the panels plays a huge role. If they are of high quality, then they are characterized by clarity of the pattern and uniformity of color. In addition, you should make sure that when the elements are joined together, the image will turn out to be perfect. Offset is not allowed. There should also be no waves and other flaws on the surface of the plastic.
- The quality of the locking systems is also considered to be no less important. When fixing between the panels, no gaps are allowed.
- In the event that the material does not correspond to the dimensions indicated by the manufacturer, it is worth considering the possibility of making a purchase, since in the future you may encounter other problems during installation.
- For a shower, you need to purchase panels with increased moisture resistance, since they are most susceptible to water and vapors.
To ensure safe operation of the finish, it is recommended to purchase products that have the appropriate certificates. Even the highest quality plastic materials can emit toxic fumes, so the choice should be stopped at well-known and proven manufacturers and not to save money, as this is fraught with the appearance of various diseases.
Preparation and accessories
PVC sheathing is recommended to be performed in rooms with a temperature regime above 20 degrees. Prior to this, vinyl panels and their guides are left in the room for several days to acclimate the material. Then measurements are taken and markings are made for all fastening systems and holes that will protrude beyond the boundaries of the ceiling and walls. These can be built-in windows, wardrobes, doorways and ventilation grilles. In addition, for suspended equipment, additional fasteners must be made.
After the issue has been resolved with the layout and the choice of design, the preparation of the surface itself for finishing begins. Walls and ceilings are thoroughly cleaned of previous cladding, dust and dirt. It is also important to check that there is no mold or mildew on the substrate. If there are any, then they are treated with antifungal and bactericidal agents. As for the surface plaster, it is optional.
For the installation of panels, you should also take care of the availability of all the necessary tools and accessories. This is, as a rule, a standard set consisting of a level, a hacksaw, self-tapping screws and an electric drill. Depending on the installation method, additional wooden beams, metal profiles, staples, fastening clips or glue are required.
PVC wall panels are ideal for bathroom furnishings. They have a convenient rectangular shape and a secure connection system that makes installation quick and easy. Today in the construction market you can find products not only differing in design, but also in size. Therefore, before starting the installation, it is important to accurately calculate the area of \ u200b \ u200bthe room and determine the consumption of material, taking into account its dimensions.
Usually, the standard width of the lamellas corresponds to the dimensions of ceramic tiles and ranges from 20 to 30 cm, while the length can reach 3 m. The thickness of the products is from 3 to 10 mm. These indicators, as a rule, depend on the type of panels and may vary. So, rack PVC has a width of 0.13 to 0.3 m, a length of 0.9 to 3 m, a wall PVC is produced, respectively, in a width of 0.15 to 0.5 m and a length of 2.6 to 3 m. wide panels of tiled type are also on sale, their parameters are 0.3-0.98 cm.
For finishing the bathroom, it is recommended to choose products with a width of at least 10 cm, they are equipped with a wide lock “European” or narrower, which is called “polka”. Typically, such PVC has a double profile design, is available in a single color and is easy to install. If you buy material with a width of 15 to 50 cm, you will have to make a lot of effort to hide the seams. In the event that the installation is performed for the first time with your own hands, then it is best to give preference to sheet plates with a width of 80 to 203 cm, a length of 159 to 405 cm and a thickness of up to 30 mm. These boards attach quickly and create the perfect finishing surface.
Design and decor
Polyvinyl chloride is a plastic raw material, therefore, during the production process, not only durable, moisture-resistant, but also beautiful panels are obtained from it, which are produced with a relief pattern, a smooth or matte surface. Decorative panels go through several stages of processing and, depending on the method of applying the composition, there are laminated, offset and thermal transfer panels. To prolong their service life and improve their appearance, they are also additionally varnished. For toilet and bathroom design, both matte and glossy plates with a frieze are great. They do not fade and do not lose their properties under the negative influence of detergents and moisture.
To achieve a sophisticated bathroom interior, it is recommended to choose seamless lamellas, the pattern of which is applied using thermal transfer film. Images of various subjects are superimposed on the panels with a special rotating cylinder at a high temperature, after which they are covered with a protective layer. Unusual patterns and landscapes made by artists will become a real decoration of the room. Ceiling panels with flower patterns look especially interesting in this design.
If the style of the room provides for more natural and restrained notes, then offset PVC would be the right choice; in this case, the compositions are applied to the surface of the products using paint from a printer. The imitation “under the tree”, “threads” and “panda” are very popular. Such a finish looks no less attractive under natural stone. Special attention is also paid to the laminated material, which outwardly is difficult to distinguish from the texture of fabrics.
Since absolutely any image can be applied to the surface of the plastic, recently in modern design, both photo printing, geometric ornaments, and images for brickwork or tiles have been widely used. There are also products with reflective film, which have a mirror effect and visually increase the space. But their cost is high, so many homeowners choose perforated sheets with an embossed pattern that has an extruded surface.
To make the interior of the bathroom beautiful, you need not only to choose the right color, but also the texture of the finish. For small rooms, it is impossible to use finishing with voluminous compositions; it is best to give preference to discreet monochromatic colors. If the area of the room allows, then you can show maximum imagination and create an unusual style, filling the space with bright colors and patterns.
Installation of PVC in the bathroom is not difficult to carry out, so it is quite possible to do it yourself, without resorting to the help of specialists. Since the products are equipped with special joints, their installation is carried out without much difficulty on the crate or fixed to surfaces with glue. over, in the first case, you only have to make a frame, and in the second, carefully prepare the base. First of all, it is necessary to sheathe the ceiling, and then the walls. Thanks to this technique, the process of decorating corners and joints will be simplified.
Before facing surfaces, false panels for counters should be pre-made, which will ensure constant access to them without dismantling the finish. It is also necessary to provide for the installation in the room of special heat reflectors for the dryer and radiator. If this is not done, then the heat will directly enter the panels and the plastic will quickly lose its original appearance: it will bend and turn yellow. In addition, it is important to consider the availability of outlets. A convenient place is selected for them and holes are cut in the casing in advance. This also applies to the ceiling cladding. On its surface, a mowing line is applied for fixtures for lamps.
To carry out work safely, you must clearly follow the following rules:
- When working with panels that were brought in from the cold, you need to wait a short period of time. This action is necessary in order to warm the material. If you do not heed the advice, then the plastic panels will break during the cutting process, thereby losing their neat appearance. Often there are cases when cracks appear on the surface that is cut along.
- In order to obtain several planks of the same length, it is necessary to lay them on at least 2 supports. Thus, protection against sagging or displacement occurs. It is recommended to rest the edge of the element that is not pruned against the wall. Thanks to this action, you can secure against their shift.
- You can make the process easier by marking with a pencil or felt-tip pen.
- It is necessary to cut correctly with the wrong side of the panel down, because during processing under the influence of the load, the profile of the strip changes and causes some inconvenience during the installation process. Microcracks often appear on the front surface, which appear in the future.
- When using a power tool, you must use protective goggles and gloves that can protect against debris and sawdust flying in different directions during the cutting process.
A hacksaw is considered more practical to use, and it does not matter whether it is for metal or for wood. The only requirement when using a hacksaw for wood is the presence of small teeth, which should not be divorced, because this way the surface of the material that needs to be cut into pieces is destroyed. Such a tool is often used for crosscutting.
The advantage of this tool is the ability to cut multiple panels at the same time. For this operation, you will need to stack the material.
For convenience, when cutting, it is better to have the planks facing the contractor. When subjecting the length of the panels to a decrease, care must be taken not to apply enormous efforts when pressing the tool, because this can break the PVC sheets.
Due to the plasticity that the material possesses, it does not take much effort to cut off the excess part of the panel.
This tool has proven itself well due to its low cost. Perfect for home use.
The tool has excellent performance and the cut surface looks smooth. It should also be highlighted the fact that it does not require much physical effort to carry out the cutting. A huge advantage can also be called its compactness, in which it does not take up much space during its storage.
The disadvantage of the tool is the ability to cut only in a straight line of the mowing line, they will not be able to round off the edges.
Application of panels
In the process of sheathing, it is necessary to initially decide on the tool used for cutting the plastic panels. This material is widely used for finishing balconies or bathrooms, because it has an excellent set of properties. We must also not forget about its practicality, which makes it even more popular. Plastic panels also attract buyers for their low cost and excellent appearance.
Each owner can independently finish the bathroom at home and at his discretion, because there are a huge variety of panel options that can be used for this. All PVC panels are manufactured with a standard length of 3 m.This is not always practical, because it requires cutting into pieces to obtain the desired size.
How to cut PVC panels: tool selection
- Application of panels
- Cutting rules
- What is needed?
- Jigsaw, circular and angle grinder
Undoubtedly, tiles are considered to be the classic material for finishing a bathroom, however, PVC panels have an increased installation speed, and additional maintenance of this material will not be required, because neither soap nor water is deposited on their surface. Initially, plastic panels worked well due to their ease of installation. To carry out such work, you will not need help from specialists and a complex tool.
Currently, a huge number of tools have been created, thanks to which it is possible to shorten the length of a particular material. When working with plastic panels, it is necessary to take into account many factors, among which the main ones are practicality, cutting speed, surface quality, as well as ease of use.
Jigsaw, circular and angle grinder
These tools dramatically speed up the length change process and also provide a superior cut edge appearance. These devices have proven themselves perfectly if you need to quickly slit a panel longitudinally.
In no case should we forget that when working at increased rotational speeds of the cutting tool on the surface that is being processed, defects in the form of melted edges may appear. At the same time, unpleasant odors and substances harmful to health are emitted into the work area. It is necessary to decide which circle to carry out the processing. In view of this fact, at first all work must be done at reduced speeds. With an angle grinder, you can get not only straight cuts, but also curved cuts.
Experts recommend using a regular jigsaw to obtain a high-quality surface, as well as increased productivity, as a tool used when cutting. In this case, an excellent smooth edge is obtained, which does not have any creases, and is also very practical in the process of work. The tool has proven itself well both for longitudinal cutting and for cutting across the bar.
When using a jigsaw, you need to remember that you need to use a file with a fine tooth. Particular attention should be paid to the cutting mode. the minimum speed is selected and the pendulum stroke is turned off. This tool is excellent for cutting multiple panels at the same time.
This tool is perfect for cutting small quantities of plastic panels. Applying it, you just need to know some little things that can help and facilitate the process of changing the length.
The least suitable for such work is an ordinary kitchen knife, which can be found in any kitchen. Difficulties in working with this cutting tool arise due to the width of its blade. Even when perfectly sharpened, a kitchen knife will not cut through wall panels.
The performer will have to spend a lot of time if he does not have the opportunity to use another tool. In this case, the installation process will take longer.
A stationery knife is considered a more suitable tool for this, because using it, the material is not completely cut. After drawing along the front surface of the material, a groove is obtained. Turning over the bar and pressing on the edges, the PVC panel clearly breaks off along it, and the resulting small fringe, which covers the surface of the fracture, will absolutely not harm the appearance of the room in any way, because in any case it will be hidden either under the curbs or under the plinth.
a loaf knife made of ceramics can also carry out such work. It will do a great job with plastic panels due to the presence of a wavy cutting edge. Working with such a tool, it will not be difficult to obtain an element that will perfectly fit into the interior of the bathroom.
To cut PVC panels, you can use different tools, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages. There are also specialized professional tools to speed up and facilitate cutting.
To learn how to cut a PVC panel using a clerical knife, see below.
One of the universal devices for cutting any material is a hacksaw, which is sure to be found in the arsenal of any craftsman. It is she who will help, if necessary, cut the plastic wall panel. Such work will take longer than using a special cutter, but with significant volumes of cladding, this will not significantly affect the total repair time.
When using a hacksaw, you should listen to the following recommendations of experts:
- for working with plastic finishing materials, you should use a tool with small teeth, which is usually designed for working with metal or wood;
- to shorten the PVC panel, there is no need to apply strong physical forces, which can damage the material;
- you can cut several parts at once with a hacksaw by folding them in a pile and securing them to avoid bending or displacement.
To prevent the cut from being serrated, it is not recommended to use a tool with teeth set apart in different directions.
How to cut PVC panels?
- Material features
- Choosing a cutting tool
- Power tool
- Basic rules for cutting
- Safety regulations
PVC panel is one of the most popular materials for interior decoration. Its use in the interior attracts not only by its appearance, but also by its affordable price, ease of maintenance and installation. Due to the listed characteristics, many people prefer PVC panels, rather than tiles, when decorating personal hygiene rooms.
If necessary, this tool can be independently made from available tools, for which it is enough to adhere to the following recommendations:
- it is necessary to prepare a metal strip, the thickness of which is at least 2 mm, and the width is 1 cm;
- then one of the edges of the workpiece should be cut off at an angle of 45 degrees;
- it is necessary to sharpen the edge of a homemade product using a grindstone;
- the opposite side should be wrapped with electrical tape, which will allow you to protect your hand from damage during work.
A professional cutter for plastic has a relatively low cost, so its purchase can serve as a profitable investment, because thanks to such a tool, the process of cutting PVC panels becomes not only more convenient, but also quite fast.
PVC panels are one of the modern types of finishing materials that are made by extrusion and are used both in the bathroom and in the living room. The main raw material in the production of such products is polyvinyl chloride, which is used to fill the mold. To give the panels the desired color, a certain amount of crushed natural chalk is added to their composition.
Decorating PVC panels can be done in one of the following ways:
- thermal printing;
- offset printing.
Thermal printing is applied to the plastic surface using a special roller heated to high temperatures, which presses the film to the surface of the product. Thanks to this technology, it is possible to quickly and clearly apply a pattern without losing the brightness of the image. The panel itself does not need additional varnishing. Offset printing is used much less often due to its high cost.
Choosing a cutting tool
Specialists in the implementation of repair work, who have to carry out the installation of PVC panels in their professional activities, know many secrets regarding the correct cutting of plastic materials up and down. After analyzing them, each owner who wants to make repairs on his own will be able to choose the most suitable professional tool for him or use the tools at hand.
The choice of a method for cutting panels usually depends on the tasks and capabilities of the master. Below are the types of cutting materials.
For quick sawing of PVC panels, a power tool at hand is best. For this purpose, you can use almost any device, which will help to significantly reduce the time spent on preparing for installation.
Often, cutting is performed using the following devices:
- Angle Grinder;
To work with plastic material, it is allowed to use only low speeds, because with significant heating it begins to melt and release fumes that are toxic to the human body, and in this case the cut will turn out to be torn.
Using a jigsaw will help make the process of preparing PVC panels for installation much faster than using a hand tool.
However, with this method of processing, the following nuances must be taken into account:
- even before starting work, it is necessary to turn off the pendulum stroke;
- a file with as small teeth as possible should be used;
- you need to set the lowest speed of movement of the file, which will avoid excessive heating of the plastic at the cut.
Using a jigsaw is very convenient to cut stacks of panels, but you should make sure that their height does not exceed the length of the file installed in the tool.
The angle grinder is recognized as the most convenient and practical power tool with which you can cut PVC wall panels. By installing a cutting disc, you can make not only straight, but also curly cuts on the surface of the plastic. When processing plastic in a circle, the angle grinder turns on only at low speeds, which will avoid damage to the material due to melting of the edges.
In the absence of more practical and convenient tools, PVC can be cut with a knife.
To solve this problem, the following types of cutting products are suitable:
- Kitchen knife. This tool is suitable for cutting multiple panels in the process of repairing or replacing them. For large-scale wall decoration, such a procedure is unnecessarily long and painful.
- Construction knife. Among hand-held cutting tools, such a device is one of the best options for achieving a straight cut with relatively little effort.
- Stationery knife. Using a wooden ruler or square, this tool allows you to achieve a perfectly even cut of the panel, therefore, it is often used to cut them.
Basic rules for cutting
So that the efforts on cutting PVC panels are not wasted, and the result of the work meets expectations, experts recommend adhering to a number of rules for working with plastic. These little secrets will help not only to significantly reduce the amount of spoiled material, but also save the master from unnecessary financial expenses and injuries.
When carrying out work in the heated season, do not start cutting panels that have recently been brought into the room. The plastic should naturally warm up to room temperature, which is achieved in at least 12 hours. The fact is that at low temperatures the plastic panel becomes fragile, and therefore it can crack and break off in large fragments.
Regardless of the chosen method of processing the material, it should be placed with its front side facing you, which will avoid deformation of the panel and difficulties during its further installation. When cut from the seamy side, you can find microcracks on the front part, which will manifest itself over time and significantly spoil the interior.
It is necessary to mark in advance the straight line of the planned cut, which can be done with a simple pencil and a stationery ruler.
To speed up the process of preparing the material for installation work, you can cut or saw several PVC panels at the same time. To do this, it is enough to fold them in a pile and create a two-point support. It is best to rest the opposite edge of the stack against the wall, which will help avoid shifting the products, respectively, as a result, parts of the same length will be obtained.
Like working with any building materials, processing PVC panels requires compliance with several safety rules. These recommendations are especially relevant if you plan to work using a tool that is connected to the power supply, for example, a jigsaw or an angle grinder. When cutting plastic with a power tool, there is a great danger that debris and sawdust can fly off the panels. Therefore, experts recommend purchasing safety glasses and gloves in advance, which should not be removed until the end of the work. These seemingly simple personal protective equipment can help keep your hands and eyes safe from injury.
These tips should help you decide on the choice of a tool, as well as create an interior of your own dreams and avoid most mistakes, because with a little effort, you can achieve the desired result, saving a lot of money.
How to easily and clearly cut a plastic panel is described in the video.