Changing the line in the trimmer: 2 easy ways
In this manual, we will walk through the entire replacement process step by step. Going forward, there are two ways to line the trimmer spool. There are fundamental differences. the difference lies in the fact that in the first case one line will be refueled, folded in half, and in the second there will be two such lines.
Electric version of the scythe
The self-propelled view of THESE units can be used anywhere, but only next to the power supply. Quiet, they are often used near schools, kindergartens, as well as hospitals and clinics. They are quite actively used on private territory.
Cordless lawn mower
Ideal for those who do not want to breathe gasoline exhaust, and also depend on electricity. The machine consists of a sturdy polymer body and a compact grass catcher. The volume of the grass catcher depends on the model.
First of all, to wind the fishing line, you need to remove the spool (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer. specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself:
- Small electric trimmers with a working position of the motor and the coil in the lower part, as a rule, have side buttons on both sides of the bobbin. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the spool together with the inner content for winding the line is disconnected, while the lower part remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on a flat, smooth place so that the spring included in the structure does NOT jump out and does NOT get lost;
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have spools with special lamb: in such designs, hold the spool in a stationary position with one hand, and rotate the wing nut that fixes the Bobbin on the bar with the other hand. After disconnecting the nut, the entire bobbin is removed.
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with the ability to install a knife on a straight Bar (for example, Stihl trimmers) have a hole under the reel. To keep the rod stationary, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and, with slow rotation, such a mutual arrangement is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bobbin is fixed. After that, the coil body is scrolled clockwise (with a left-hand thread) and removed from the trimmer.
For the second and third options, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in different ways. In the bobbins, a lamb is unscrewed from the lamb, in the coils, the latches are pressed from the latch and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the bobbin are connected by thread, then it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
Filling the line in the electric scythe
Let’s consider how to thread the line into the reel yourself. First you need to remove the coil and the protective casing from it. Select the line, cut the required amount.
We begin to wind on the reel: for this, one end of the fishing line Fastening into the gap, carefully wind the fishing line. The line must be wound so that the protective casing closes quietly, the line can unwind on its own. We insert the other end into the hole in the protective casing. We take the coil and cover. We draw the end of the line into the hole in the lid and pull the line a little.
We put this design on the trimmer. Spit the coil clockwise until a specific click. By securing. Connect the braid to the network. The trimmer should be in the starting position. We turn it on. Extra centimeters of line will cut off the trimming blade.
When cutting, the line does not have to come into contact with hard objects, because they tear the line. If the line feed in the device is NOT automatic, then the driver will have to stop often, remove the reel and rewind the line.
For an overview of the Stihl electric scythe, see the following.
Method 2. two segments
Two coiled line pieces
Fundamentally does not differ from the method The only difference is two wound pieces of fishing line, instead of one.
The end of each segment is folded
The end of each segment is folded.
Two special fixing sockets
There are two special fixing sockets on the coil (see picture above).
We start reeling the line
They hook it with a hook formed earlier on the fishing line, and begin to wind the fishing line.
Winding is carried out in a special order
The winding must be carried out in the following order: first the lower line, i.E. The one that is closer to the fixing holes at the bottom of the coil, and only then the top one, i.E. The one that will overlap the bottom section.
The bottom line is reeling
The tip is made into the holes in the trimmer spool body. They are pulled to clicks, which means that the line has come out of the clips.
The tip is threaded into the holes in the trimmer spool body
The coil is fastened into the body. The line in the spool has been replaced.
The line in the spool has been replaced
The range of the company’s mowers is diverse. The company is constantly improving the efficiency of its products. Consider the main features of the popular options for mowers of the presented company.
Single Barbed Trimmer Spool
Reel for single-barb lawn mowers
Many owners and experts note the ease of use and ease of refueling the bobbin with one mustache. Depending on the manufacturer, the length of the threaded line can vary from 2 to 5 meters. The end of the line is inserted into the head into a special technological groove or hole, and the winding is carried out in the direction opposite to the working rotation of the bobbin. Most reels have arrow marks on the outside of the body that indicate the direction of the trimmer reel movement.
After winding, you need to leave a free end of 15-30 cm to enhance the centrifugal force, which is decisive when removing the trimmer line in automatic and semi-automatic spools. Passing the left end through the working hole of the coil and assembling the head.
Winding the line to the trimmer
Measured and accurate dismantling of the spool from the spit coil makes it possible to go directly to winding the line. The design features of the head, the number and location of the fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions when performing this operation, and also determine the methods used. Today there are several types of reels, depending on the number of line antennae and the methods of threading it:
- Trimmer head with one working Mustache;
- Bobbin with two tendril fishing lines;
- Auto winding reel.
How to remove the trimmer coil; Mowing head in trimmer
Before changing the line, detach the mowing head of the lawn mower that contains the line reel. This element is attached to the end of your trimmer stick and is removed by unscrewing it in the direction where the arrow on the spool points.
After removing the mowing head with the spool, you must open it. First of all, you need to find a latching mechanism on the coil. It is part of the spool and is like 2 clips, by pressing on which you can open the spool and get to the place where you want to wind the line.
Open the mowing head and take out the line reel
You can open the coil either by hand or with a screwdriver or other tools, which can be used to pry the latching elements.
How to insert line into the trimmer spool? Instruction
Automatic winding of the line to the reel
There is a kind of reel in which the automatic mechanism winds itself. from the user it is enough just to fill the line correctly.
The line goes through the hole inside the body, its antennas without winding go through the hole on the outer case, the coil is assembled, and when the winding button is returned, the line inside is twisted independently.
In such a coil, it is impossible to make the winding wrong: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, since it can only turn in one direction.
How to wind line on a trimmer reel: key points
A gasoline or electric trimmer is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of a modern summer resident or owner of his own home.
Even a large garden plot can be mowed with ease thanks to these garden devices.
For an inexperienced user, the first operation to replace it will seem problematic and time-consuming, since the developers often do not fully reflect the instructions for replacing the fishing line in the operating manual.
Coil with two working antennas
In these types of reels, the number of grooves for winding the mowing line lying inside the reel must be determined:
- One groove. both tendrils are wound together along one groove;
- Two grooves. each barbell is wound on a separate groove.
In both cases, a line with a length of 2-3 m is taken.
On reels with one reel, the line is pulled into the through hole, its ends (tendrils) are folded together and aligned, and then wound in the opposite direction of rotation of the drum from the side of the rod. the arrow usually indicates the correct winding direction.
If there are retaining grooves, the ends of the mowing line are traced in them or held by the fingers of the free hand, pass through the through hole in the outer half of the bobbin, the bobbin is closed and attached to the rod finishing.
The difference between winding the mowing line in reels with two reels is that initially the length of the mowing line of 2-5 m is folded in half (to define the middle fold), and the folding loop is inserted into a special groove between the grooves. Both line barbers are wound around each groove, antenna retention and spool assembly are the same as described above for the single groove option.
The first implementation of this procedure can be long and rather laborious, but with time and experience, this task will be solved much faster and easier.
The following will clearly show you how to fill the line in the trimmer reel and rewind it correctly. this operation is NOT complicated and will definitely succeed with some patience:
Coil with one working antenna
The simplest version and simple sequence of actions:
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool
A petrol or electric trimmer is a great help for gardening. But, like other equipment, it requires attention and some care.
Unfortunately, equipment designers do not provide complete instructions on how to wind the line onto the trimmer reel. In this connection, many questions arise in the owners of motor vehicles.
In this article, we will take a closer look at various examples and methods of winding fishing line on a reel.
How to wind line on a trimmer spool. preparation
The trimmer coil is located in the mowing head, which consists of a spring, a coil and two covers.
- The first step is to disassemble and remove the trimmer head. To do this, press down on the latches on the sides of the case, and turn clockwise.
- To open the mowing head, press the side latches, if it is not possible with your hands, you can use a screwdriver. Remove the coil.
- Check the numbers on the inside for the correct line for your trimmer. The numbers indicated indicate the required line diameter in millimeters.
- If you have NOT found such information, then the maximum diameter can be determined by taking the fishing line and threading it into the polo hole. The thread should run freely back and forth.
- There are two ways of winding the fishing line, we will consider each of them in detail.
How to wind the line on the trimmer spool. 1 way
Unwind about 4 meters of winding line. To determine the exact amount of material you need, wind the line from a roll onto a spool, the final result should not exceed the spool diameter and crawl over the edges.
- For convenience, fold the thread in half, make one end 10-15 cm longer than the second.
- The spool has a centrally spaced bead. There is a cavity on it where you need to insert the fishing line. To do this, squeeze the place of bending, whine, and squeeze it harder and put the loop into this cavity.
- Important. you need to determine exactly in which direction to wind the line, for this find the inscription “Wind Line” on the reel, there is an arrow next to it indicating the direction of winding. If there is such an arrow on the spool, look for the arrow on the body of the mowing head, wind in the opposite direction.
- Wind the line onto the spool carefully, pulling the thread as tight as possible.
- At the end of the job, take the shorter end and insert it into the blade on the reel body that matches the diameter of your line. In this work, thread the thread into the blade with the notation 3.3 mm.
- With the second end Do the same, but insert it into the opposite blade of the previous one. Fix the two ends, leave a 5-10 cm allowance, cut off the rest. Allowances are necessary so that when the spool is inserted into the head, the thread does NOT unwind.
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool. assembly
- Insert a spool of coiled line into the mowing head, Pull the line out of the side blades and pull up.
- Lock tightly and close the top with the top cover by snapping the two pieces together.
- Before inserting into the trimmer, trim the ends of the whine a little to avoid knocking on the protective cover.
How to wind the line on the trimmer spool. the second method
The methods differ in winding. in the second method, use the line of two pieces separately. At the end of the thread, make a bend of the staple, as shown in the photo, and in the afternoon in the fixing hole. Wrap two blades of the coil in this way.
- If you have a single blade reel, locate the hole on the inside to hold the line. Insert the line using one of the methods above. Then wind it around the spool in the direction opposite to the movement of the spool onto the trimmer. Leave a little whining and assemble the mowing head.
- When you put the trimmer into operation, the excess line will be cut off by the sharp cutting blade on its own.
- In order not to change the line too often, constantly stopping work, try to avoid contact of the technique with hard objects during use.
Replacing the fishing line in the trimmer; how to wind the line on a reel lawn mowers?
Any self-respecting summer resident must have at his disposal a country trimmer, or as they call a lawn mower. However, in order to keep the trimmer in working order, it is necessary to be able to correctly replace the line in the trimmer to maintain it in working condition.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through removing the trimmer coil and replacing the line in it. Terms used in the manual:
A guide to changing the line in the trimmer at the end of the article
How To Correctly Tuck Line In The Trimmer
The most wearable element in the trimmer design is the line. Therefore, it is important to know how to choose the right one and wind it on a reel. All details in the article
Since we considered the choice of a trimmer in a previous article, today we will tell you how to properly fill the trimmer with a fishing line, and which one is better to choose Based on the working conditions.
After you bought a trimmer and began to actively use it, sooner or later the question of replacing the fishing line will arise, since this is the most wearing out element in the tool, intensive use of the trimmer will lead to frequent replacement of consumables.
A couple of tips
If the line was wound correctly by you, then when you press the bobbin button, the cutting element should be automatically pulled out. The line for your mowing device is one of the most important elements, without which the trimmer can lose all its functionality. You can say that the line (cutting element) is the heart of your mower. Therefore, when buying a fishing line, Paying first of all to its quality. When purchasing a line of one or another company, be sure to compare it with the quality of an old line.
Preparing the trimmer spool for winding
Initially, as a rule, the coil is installed to the head of the device itself. The coil consists of two parts. a cover and a spring.
- Whatever company you have a trimmer, the preparation steps are the same for all types. Let’s disassemble the device, or rather, remove the coil from the trimmer head. To do this, press until the stop on the latches located on the sides of the head body, and turn the head clockwise.
- To open the mowing head without problems, press the side latches, if you cannot do this with your hands, use a flat screwdriver to help. We take out the coil from the head.
- In order to choose the right line for your equipment, there should be numbers on the inside of the reel, which indicate the thickness and type of acceptable line. All designations are indicated, as a rule, in millimeters.
- If you did NOT find any numbers, then the maximum allowable line diameter can be determined by the through hole for inserting the line. The line should run smoothly back and forth.
How to thread the line into the Stihl trimmer spool
The trimmer is one of the most common tools that you can use to quickly and easily cut grass, small shrubs, lawn grass and other weeds. It’s not a secret for anyone that in order for the mowing of grass to be successful, it is necessary to use the tool correctly and correctly handle individual cutting elements.
It doesn’t matter what fuel they use in trimmers, special cutting attachments (knives, discs) are used, and some trimmers are supplied to the market in the heads of which a cutting element such as a fishing line is installed, and therefore many are wondering how to fill the line into the trimmer spool Stihl, if there are no skills as such.
- Cutting attachments in the form of knives can be sharpened, but the fishing line (also cutting elements), but tends to be consumed. Below we will talk about how to properly thread the cutting element into the Stihl trimmer spool. fishing line.
The process of winding the line on a reel
- After all the preparatory actions, we need to correctly determine how exactly the fishing line will be washed on your device, by turning the lid or in the opposite direction.
- Measure out about 7 mm of cutting material and insert it into the hole of the bobbin with one end. It is worth noting that the line is wound exactly on the style mower model on both sides. The direction of winding the line in such models is indicated on the bobbin itself.
- The line is brought out to about 17 cm freely so that weeds can be cut off with the ends. We add that it is not worth winding the line on a reel of great length. Leave a distance of about 5 mm from the line to the edge of the spool.
- The two ends of the line are inserted into the holes in the bobbin. Both THESE ends Must be securely attached to the device body.
- The springs removed from the coil (if any) are inserted in the same way as they were removed, i.E. Into the bobbin and the head body itself.
- To determine if you have correctly inserted the line into the trimmer, you need the element (bobbin) itself to be easily inserted into the head body of your device. If necessary, pull the free ends of the line outward still. To achieve this, you need to pull the line out of the groove with a sharp movement through the holes in the bobbin.
So, let’s say you figured out how quickly, and most importantly, to correctly wind the line on the Stihl trimmer reel. All you have to do is insert everything correctly into the grooves and fix the main cover on the device. Then you can press on the bobbin itself and make counterclockwise movements until you feel the stop. If you DO NOT feel the emphasis, then most likely the line you have filled the words of the business and you will have to start everything from scratch.
What can be used instead of fishing line
- If instead of a special cutting element, say a fishing line, you install a metal cable, then your trimmer can “turn” into a real dangerous weapon Not only for you and your eyes, but for all the people around you nearby. This is explained by the fact that during the trimmer operation, the steel cable will constantly work, which will lead to entanglement, and small pieces of it can scatter on all sides with great speed.
- The same can happen if you use copper wire instead of a steel cable, but in this case the pieces of separation from the copper wire will be slightly larger and may cause you even more injury. And if God forbid, accidentally catch such a cutting element on the leg, then after that a deep cut in soft tissues is 100% guaranteed, and in some cases, all this can lead to amputation of small limbs (fingers) of the legs and even hands. Therefore, our advice to you: do not use any second cutting elements, except for the fishing line, for your own safety and those around you.