1.1 Lister hiller
The lister unit is the simplest type of tool, it has a fixed working width. The design of this apparatus consists of two connected and spread wings, which are fixed to each other.
The tool wings are stationary, so the working width cannot be adjusted. It will NOT work to adjust the hiller to the row spacing. In this case, when working with the tool, adjust the row spacing.
The width of the lister hiller is 25. 30 cm. This is not the most convenient option, because for growing potatoes, a row spacing of 50. 60 cm is recommended.
A feature of such a device is the presence of thin racks, in this case the cultivator does NOT reboot at the moment the hiller is buried in dense soil. Some lister hillers have a streamlined shape that is more practical.
To the menu
1.2 Attachments with variable working width
The machine with a variable working width is convenient for tilling, because it is equipped with an adjustment mechanism. It allows you to change the position of the wings.
It can be adjusted to suit the row spacing. The disadvantage of the apparatus is its high energy consumption. This happens due to the work of the wings, which move the soil to the side, after passing by the hiller, the earth crumbles back into the furrow. As a result, arms and back get tired faster and the engine is wasted. Despite this, such hillers are one of the most popular among gardeners.
To the menu
1.4 propeller-type hiller
Propeller-type hillers are used for cultivators and tillers in which there are two forward gears. This is necessary so that in second gear with a power of up to 180 rpm, it was possible not only to loosen, but also to transfer the soil into the beds from the row spacing. Such a do-it-yourself potato hiller will perfectly cope with the tasks set.
To the menu
How to choose and make your own potato hiller?
Potato is one of the most popular among agricultural crops; it is grown in our country and in Eastern Europe. In the process of long-term potato cultivation, various Agronomic technologies were created.
They helped to facilitate the processing of the crop, as well as increase yields. For an industrial scale, the cultivation of a crop takes place using a tractor with nozzles. cultivators, and on personal plots, hillers for potatoes to a tiller are used, which can be made with your own hands.
1.3 Disk devices
Disk models have the following advantages:
Diagram of a disc hiller for potatoes
- Easy to use (to work with this toolkit you need a minimum of effort, they move forward themselves, do not require additional pushing from behind)
- Universal (with their help you can do hilling after planting tubers during the period of active growth of the aboveground part of the plants)
- Successfully combined with a tiller (if you use a disc hiller at a reduced speed of the cultivator, its power increases. This increases the efficiency of cultivation and improves the operation of the unit).
When choosing from a huge assortment, it is advisable to choose the models that are made of alloy steel, equipped with rolling bearings with a large thickness and disc diameter.
To the menu
1 What are the types of hillers?
After the winch and plow, the hiller is the second most important unit. It helps to cut furrows for planting, which are then covered with planting material. There are several options for this tool:
Measurements of the lister potato hiller for the tiller
- Products with a variable gripper bus;
- Disk models;
- Propeller-type hillers
2 How to make a hiller for a tiller with your own hands?
Do-it-yourself hiller can be done using fairly simple designs. This is not difficult. To create a traditional unregulated hiller, you need to cut the halves of the product from metal 2 mm thick using a template.
Drawing of a plow-hiller for a tiller
Next, bend these parts into coincidences of radii, then scolds in 3 passes. Seams are processed with an angle grinder. In the end, the total should be an even layer of metal.
A do-it-yourself disc hiller can also be made. To do this, you must select the type of wings. Plowshares, plows, or discs are steel sheets 1.5. 2 millimeters thick, in which the lower edges are bent.
The main thing is that the disks are symmetrical. Otherwise, then the structure will lead to the side, which will greatly complicate the work. To create the unit, you can use the plowshares, which served as a seeder.
The plowshares must be installed at an angle, maintaining a distance between the lower points that corresponds to the width of the wheel track, equal to the width of the row spacing.
To connect the elements to each other, a bolted connection or a quarrel is used. Discs are connected using adjustable adapters.
In addition to the disc, the main parts of the tool are: screw turnbuckles, stands and a T-shaped leash. Lanyards are needed to adjust the vertical rotation of the disc. Homemade hiller is attached to the tiller with your own hands using a beam with wings.
The manual disc hiller is made on the basis of the drawing, while it is very important to provide for the ratio of the mounting structure and dimensions.
The tool can be made in two ways: with variable wing width and fixed. In the first method of arrangement, the distance between the discs can be changed due to the SYMMETRICAL rearrangement of the racks.
To facilitate the work with the tool, it is necessary to arrange plain bearings. To increase the reliability of the product, you can install bearings, rather than sleeve bushings.
Hilling potatoes with a hiller to a mini tractor
To attach the homemade hiller to the tiller, use the bracket to the hitch without the Gryadil. The unit leash is attached to the bracket using a stopper and bolts with washers. A corkscrew is inserted inside the square tube and pressed tightly against the outer surface.
After that, the do-it-yourself tiller for the tiller is ready to work. Tiller traction can be increased by operating in first gear. If the wheels slip during the hilling process, Sparta needs to.
The hiller for a mini tractor is installed to huddle your potatoes. For the tool to be really effective, it is necessary to plant the potatoes in the correct rows, the distances between the plants must be equal.
In order to process agricultural crops in a mechanized way, a high-performance hiller for a tractor is used. Its main purpose is inter-row cultivation of potatoes from weeds and hilling of tubers to increase yields.
A hand-held hiller for potatoes or other plants will help make work easier and increase yields. A self-made tool (homemade) is a profitable and necessary assistant in agriculture.
To the menu
Disc tiller for tiller
You can make a disk device with your own hands for Tiller Neva. For this, materials at hand are suitable, which will reduce the cost of the finished product. The steel sheet is prepared. A thickness of 2 mm is sufficient. Round discs are cut out. 2 pieces. Sharpen every edge to prevent soil resistance when working.
Today, a well-groomed area near the house, It is not hard physical labor. Bought an electric lawn mower once.
All stages are carefully observed:
- The elements are bent with a hammer. One side will be concave, the other convex. So the blades will be able to rake the soil more and carry out the dusting of the plants.
- Fixing bolts, quarrels connect rack, lanyard, T-leash.
- Adapters are used to fasten the wheels.
- There should be a distance between the blades equal to the row spacing in the garden.
The entire structure is installed on the tiller bracket by means of the leash, fastening with bolts, locking elements. Plowing equipment ready.
Types of hillers for tiller
A hiller to a tiller is an equipment needed in agriculture. It is ranked third in importance after structures such as a plow and a winch. If you learn to manage it well, then it will bring a lot of benefits. There are several varieties of hiller and each has its own purpose, principle of operation, device.
How to make a hiller for a tiller yourself at home
In order to quickly, efficiently plow the soil when growing potatoes, use a tiller for tiller. This unit can be called one of the most valuable for digging and cultivation. You can do it yourself. For this, metal blades are used, blades resembling discs.
Making a lister type hiller
A disc hiller for a tiller or any other model can be made with your own hands. For the result to hit expectations, you need to follow the instructions below. For work, prepare sheets of metal, the thickness of which is not more than 3 mm; iron pipes with a cross section of 20×20 or 30x30mm; metal strips and hinges, the first 3 pieces are enough, the second 4.
- On a metal sheet, they make outlines of the sidewalls of the plow. the ears. The greater their width, the more land they can capture. This will speed up the process of pouring under the bushes. The narrow part is responsible for cutting the land. Ears should be no more than 7 cm in width, if the row spacing is less, then the parameter will be smaller.
- The elements are neatly cut, do not leave chips, jagged edges.
- The sides need to be bent, give them a specific shape.
- Both parts must have the same bend radius. Otherwise, the quality of the work performed will significantly decrease.
- The prepared parts are welded. The seam is carefully cleaned.
- There should be a metal strip between the ears. If the design is NOT adjustable, then the strips are welded to the sidewalls. Otherwise, loops are needed for fixing.
- The permissible angle between the stripes should not be painful and not less than 90 degrees, but between the ears 120.
- The remaining ends of the strips are welded to each other.
A nose is installed on the narrow ends of the sidewalls. The quarrel is used. The angle from the stripes to the nose should be 150 degrees. As soon as the hiller is made, it is welded onto the bracket. The last detail is needed in order to connect the object with a tiller, tractor, cultivator.
How to mount a hilling tool on a tiller
To install disc hillers for a tiller or any others, you must follow the rules below. Connect elements in the form of a wheel, a hitch, a hiller to the tiller. The equipment is placed on a flat surface. The suspended structure is installed lowered to the ground. Fastening is carried out on the coupling.
- During installation, you need to monitor the condition of the hiller rack. It should not be inclined. This ensures the correct setting of the angle of attack.
- The device is lowered to the level at which the ground surface is located. If there is a depression in the soil, then the stand is tilted slightly forward, raising the bow. If there is NOT reaching the ground, then the rack is tilted in the opposite direction.
- Carry out test plowing.
The active parts of the machine are adjusted according to the width between the rows.
Some owners of country houses and summer cottages dream of a beautiful and well-kept lawn. But in reality.
This is one of the simpler tiller-mounted designs. Has a fixed working width. The equipment consists of two fixed wings that are connected to each other and slightly spread apart. Since the elements are stationary, it is not possible to adjust the working width. Therefore, it is impossible to adjust the technique to the size of the row spacing.
- On the market, products come with a working width of 25-30 cm. This is not the most convenient option for hilling. The norm for the technology of planting and growing potatoes requires a parameter of 50-60 cm.
- According to the configuration, they note the presence of thin racks that prevent overloading of cultivators if the device is immersed in dense layered soil.
- Many models have an ergonomic, streamlined shape that is recognized as an advantage. So the blades turn out less during operation and DO NOT dry out the soil.
When buying equipment, they study compliance with the declared technical characteristics and GOST standards.
Even if you look at the photo, you can see a number of advantages. The tool is combined with the tool. Suitable for use on cultivators at low speed. With its increase, the output power also increases. This affects the efficiency of plowing, the duration of work on the site.
- It does NOT take much effort.
- The structure will gradually move forward without additional pushing from the back.
Versatility and wide range of applications. The tool is suitable for planting tubers, processing growing bushes of potatoes and other crops, during the active growth of the aerial part.
The work will require the same tools and materials as in the previous paragraphs. Namely, it is important to have: a welding machine, sheet iron, an angle grinder, fasteners. The created equipment can be subsequently operated with tillers of various brands, for example:
The assembly principle is reminiscent of the disc construction technology. Wasps are adjusted according to the parameters of the cultivator, the parts are fixed by welding. There are certain requirements for the equipment on which the trailer will be installed.
- Requires two forward gears.
- Power take-off is important.
During production, it is worth making several bushings at once, supplemented with brackets. It is advisable to have a number of spare extra metal blades.
When making a do-it-yourself hiller for a tiller, drawings and dimensions should be as accurate as possible. Before starting work, you need to prepare inventory and materials. A minimal list is enough to NOT be distracted from the process later. To complete the assembly, you do not need to be a professional blacksmith, but you just need to have knowledge of welding, locksmith manipulations. In stock There must be products in the form:
- A welding machine that is better designed for arc welding;
- Angle grinder, which is supplied with various discs and attachments;
- Electric drills, complete with reliable drills;
- Mains-powered emery;
- A gas burner to heat metal sheets during hardening;
- Files of different formats;
- Consumables, such as bolts, fasteners.
To create a tiller, you need reliable, durable metal. It is advisable to choose a high alloy steel. It possesses such important qualities as resistance to mechanical stress, rust, water and even chemicals.
An example of self-made lister hiller
As you can see, hillers are fairly simple designs. There is nothing difficult in making a do-it-yourself hiller for a tiller.
To create a traditional unregulated hiller, it is necessary to cut the halves of the product using a 2 mm thick metal template
These halves should be bent into matching radii, and then scolded in 2-3 passes. Weld seams should be machined with an angle grinder and, if necessary, welded and re-grinded. The result should be a perfect even layer of metal.
The tool wings are also cut from 2 mm thick metal and connected in the same way.
The result should be this design. For clarity, the thickness of the elements and all dimensions of the tool base are indicated
Option # 1. lister hiller
This is the simplest type of tool and has a fixed working width. The design consists of two connected and slightly spread fixed wings. Since the wings of the tool are stationary, you cannot adjust the working width by adjusting the hiller to the row spacing. Therefore, when working with such a tool, the row spacing is adapted to the capabilities of the hiller, and not vice versa. Traditionally, manufacturers produce products with a working width of 25-30 cm, which is also far from the most convenient option, because the technology of growing potatoes provides for a row spacing of 50-60 cm.
Such tools are designed to work with cultivators, the power of which does NOT exceed 3.5 HP, and the total weight of the unit is 25-30 kg
A feature of the design of lister hillers is also the presence of thin racks, which prevent overloading of the cultivator when the hiller is buried in layers of dense soil.
Some models of lister hillers have a streamlined shape, which is more preferable, since when working with such a tool, the soil turns out and dries out less.
Option # 3. disc models
Disk hillers are an order of magnitude more expensive than their traditional counterparts, but the efficiency of working with such tools is many times higher
The main advantages of disc hillers are:
- A successful combination of the tiller with the tool itself. Using a disc hiller, when the speed of the cultivator decreases, its power increases. This not only increases the efficiency of cultivation, but also has a positive effect on the operation of the unit itself.
- Ease of use. To work with such a tool, you need to make a minimum of effort: it pushes itself forward without requiring additional pushing from behind.
- Versatility of application. With this tool, hilling can be done both after planting the tubers and during the period of active growth of the aboveground part of the crops.
Choosing among a variety of assortments, it is advisable to give preference to models made of alloy steel, equipped with rolling bearings (and not sleeve bushings), with a large diameter and thickness of discs.
How to independently design a hiller for a tiller: parsing a couple of options
Potatoes are one of the most popular agricultural crops grown not only in our country, but also in many countries of Eastern Europe. Throughout the three hundred year history of potato cultivation, Agronomic technologies were created, with the help of which they tried to facilitate the cultivation of crops and increase its yield. If on an industrial scale for growing potatoes today, tractors with replaceable cultivator nozzles are used for hilling plants, then on personal plots you can use a do-it-yourself hiller for a tiller.
Option # 4. propeller-type hillers
The principle of operation of the tool lies in the work of Special propellers, under the action of which the soil is first crushed and weeds are combed out, and after that the beds are spud with loose soil
Such hillers are designed to equip tillers and motor cultivators, which have two forward gears. This is necessary so that in the second gear with an increase in power up to 180 rpm. With the help of the tool You can not only loosely, but also transfer the soil to the beds from the row spacing.
Different models of hillers
The hiller is the second most important tool after the plow and winch. With its help, you can first cut the furrows for planting, and then fill them with planting material.
Carrying out the hiller along the row spacing of evenly planted rows of potatoes, you can observe how the wings of the tool quickly pour soil into the holes with tubers
On sale you can find several options for the models of this tool.
Option # 2. products with variable working width
Such tools are more convenient to use, since they are equipped with an adjusting mechanism with which you can change the position of the wings. This allows the tool to adapt to different row spacing.
Such hillers are designed to work with more powerful tillers with an engine of 4.0 hp. And more, the weight of which exceeds 30 kg
A significant drawback of such structures is their high energy consumption. The reason for this is that in the process of operation, the wings of the tool move the soil to the side, part of which, after its passage, nevertheless crumbles back into the furrow. As a result, the back and arms get tired more quickly, and some of the engine power is wasted on useless work. But despite this, they are one of the most popular models among most gardeners.
A simple model of a disc hiller to a tiller
To make the tool, you must select the type of wings. Discs, or plowshares, dumps, are steel sheets 1.5-2 mm thick, having bent lower edges.
When arranging the structure, you can use plowshares removed from an old seeder.
Plowshares are installed at an angle, keeping the distance between the lower points corresponding to the wheel track width, equal to the row spacing
Connect the elements together using a bolted connection or through a quarrel. The disks themselves are connected using adjustable adapters. In addition to discs, the main elements of the tool are: T-shaped leader, screw turnbuckles and stands. Lanyards are needed to adjust along the vertical axis of rotation of the discs. The tool is attached to the tiller using a beam with wings.
When manufacturing and assembling parts based on the drawing, it is important to provide for the size ratio and the fastening design. There are two options for making the tool: with fixed or variable wing width. With the second method of arrangement, the distance between the discs can be changed by symmetrical rearrangement of the racks.
The main assembly elements: 1. processed row, 2. disc, 3. fist, 4. T-shaped bracket, 5. post, 6. steel scraper, 7. bridge beam, 8. locking bolt, 9. Handle-Gryadil
To facilitate the work with the tool, it is necessary to provide for the arrangement of plain bearings. Installed bearings, not sleeve bushings, can improve product reliability.
In the process of assembling the structure for attaching the tool to the tiller, the hitch bracket is used without Gryadil. To do this, a hiller leash is attached to the bracket using a stopper and bolts with flat washers. The stopper is inserted inside the square pipe and pressed tightly against its outer surface.
The hitch bracket itself is turned with bolts, and the leash is placed along the longitudinal axis of the tiller
The unit is ready for operation. Working in first gear, by reducing the forward speed, you can increase the thrust of the tiller. If the wheels slip during the hilling process, Sparta needs them.
How to make a hiller for a tiller with your own hands: disk, double-row, hedgehog, propeller, drawings and dimensions
Many gardeners and farmers are interested in how to make a tiller hiller. Modern agriculture is equipped with new technologies. One of the most important types of farm equipment is the tiller. Motorized cultivators are equipped with additional functions, such as: hiller, plow, opener, mower, snowplow, trailer, etc.
Do-it-yourself hiller for a tiller
To make a tiller for a tiller with your own hands, you will need the following tools:
- Welding machine for iron, preferably arc.
- Angle grinder, with accessories.
- Drill with different attachments.
- Electric emery.
- Gas torch for hardening and heating metal.
- Workbench or pressure.
- Consumables (bolts, nuts) and files.
You will need parts that will make up a homemade hiller for a tiller.
In order to get started, you need to acquire drawings and diagrams hiller.
Manufacturing diagrams and drawings for a tiller can be found in special literature or in the operating instructions for the cultivator.
The diagram indicates the size of the tool that will best fit the device. 1-2cm deviations are allowed.
Disk devices are good helpers for heavy work on the ground.
Do-it-yourself disk hiller for a tiller. the easiest to make.
You will need the following tools and materials:
- Metal layers 2 mm thick;
- Bearings and seals;
- Screw lanyards;
- T-shaped leash;
The discs are installed at an angle to each other, the top of the formed triangle is directed forward. The other 2 angles must be equal. If this condition is NOT met, then the tiller will constantly skid, which is not very convenient when working and additional configuration will be required.
The sheets of the disc hiller for the tiller are connected together by welding or bolts. Lanyards are attached to them, which perform the function of adjustment when double turning.
Homemade disc hiller is best assembled by following the instructions in the drawings.
There is a second way of self-made assembly of disc products, the plow is connected to a cultivator using a bracket. The leash is attached to the hitch with a stopper, bolted together. The stopper is inserted into the square tube and then tightened.
Types of hillers for tiller
A tiller with a hiller is an indispensable thing on a land plot, because it helps to process various types of crops, perform heavy agricultural work.
All accessories from the factory require certain costs. Farmers are thinking about how to make a hiller for a tiller with their own hands.
Types of tiller hillers:
Making propeller hillers
It is worth considering how to collect active hillers (propeller).
For assembly, you will need the following tools and materials:
- Metal layer 2 mm thick;
- Metal welding machine (arc)
- Angle grinder with additional discs;
- Consumable material (bolts, nuts, etc.);
- Bearings and seals;
- T-leash and stand.
Active or rotary hillers are in great demand. They can be made both single-row and double-row.
The double-row rotary hiller has its own advantages: with its help, the cultivation of potatoes is 2 times faster.
The assembly method is similar to the manufacture of disc hillers. They are connected to a motor-cultivator using brackets and a stand with a T-shaped leash. The distance between the blade discs is chosen by the owner himself, adjusting to the size of his cultivator and the width of the rows.
Double-row hillers are the same lister device, only instead of one “triangle” they attach two.
For manufacturing you will need:
- 4 metal foxes with a thickness of 2 to 4 mm;
- Welding and fixing tools.
The base of the product itself is made from denser sheets of metal. It should be heavier than the hillers themselves, because it bears the main load and heaviness during work.
Hillers are made from a thin sheet of metal, bending the wings outward. In this case, a pipe of the required diameter should be used.
The rest of the fastener is the same technology as the disc hiller.
For better performance, you can mount additional wings to the tool. They are attached to the base through a system of hinges on the provided rods.
The angles of the wings are adjustable, making even the most difficult work easy.
Making a hedgehog hiller with your own hands
It will be more difficult to make a hedgehog hiller-weeding machine for a tiller on your own than a disc or lister-type hiller. Therefore, before starting the manufacture, it is worthwhile to prepare more thoroughly by looking at several. and photo instructions of various “homemade products”.
- First, using an angle grinder, cut 2 circles with a diameter of 27 cm and 2 circles with a diameter of 6 cm from sheet steel 5-8 mm thick, align the edge and sand well.
- Having determined the center of the large discs, cut out circles of a smaller diameter (about 15-16 cm) in them to make rings. In order to cut out the inner circles, you will need a plasma cutter or a drilling machine. The edges of the rings and the resulting middle discs should be leveled and cleaned. In small discs, drill a hole of about 2 cm; for THESE purposes, a drill and a metal crown are suitable.
- Using a drill and drill for metal, it is necessary to drill holes for fastening the spikes. In rings about 15 pieces, in medium discs. 10 in small discs. 5. Next, an angle grinder cut the edges of the discs and rings to the holes. Blanks in shape Should resemble gears.
- Now you need to make the hubs. For this, a steel pipe with a cross-sectional diameter of 25 mm and 4 bearing pipes suitable for the inner diameter are suitable. Angle grinder cut 2 pipe sections, grind the edge and inner surface on both sides, insert the bearings.
- Bore the middle discs in the center on a lathe to the diameter of the hubs. The disc must fit tightly on the hub, but can be removed without additional tools.
- On a lathe, make thrust bushings (Anthers) that cover the bearings. Two bushings must fit in diameter to the axles, and two. for a bolt of 10.
- We start the assembly from the axis, a sleeve is put on it, then a bearing, a spacer sleeve and a bearing with a hub. A bushing with a smaller hole is placed on top, and the whole structure is fixed with a bolt. The second hub is assembled in the same way.
- You can start cutting spikes 6 cm long. For them, a steel wire with a diameter of 12 mm is taken, and cut at an angle of 45 ° from one end. Such blanks need such a number of cutouts for them prepared on the discs and rings of the future hiller. Grind out unevenness of the cut edges of the spikes on emery. Weld them to discs and rings.
- The stage of assembling “hedgehogs” includes the installation of rings on the hubs (using templates: a sleeve and a washer welded to it along the inner diameter of the rings), medium and small discs. Pay attention to the fact that all cleats “look” with the cutting edge in one direction, in the direction of travel. Installed parts are fixed by welding.
- Make spacer rods from a wire with a diameter of 12 mm and weld to the spiked parts, 6 for each hiller. Remove the templates, adjust the discs and weld again. To the free end of the axles Weld the mounting sleeves. Paint structure to prevent corrosion.
- For the resulting “hedgehogs”, a frame from a disc hiller will be used, for which it is necessary to make brackets from a rod with a diameter of 30 mm and homemade bushings with a 16 bolt hole.
Knowing the principle of making homemade hillers, we can conclude which hiller is the best at work and which is easier to assemble. The technology is the same, with the exception of small parts for each type of tiller. Here is the assembly method and the type of equipment the setting of the fixture depends. NOT buying factory plows, but making them yourself, you can save money.
What kind of tiller do you use for growing potatoes or other vegetable crops?
This type of tool has the following advantages:
- Goes well with tiller. If the disc hiller is used at a reduced tiller speed, the power of the tool becomes even greater. Due to this, the efficiency of digging up the soil increases, and also has a beneficial effect on the working process of the tool;
- Convenient use. When loosening or digging with this device, it is not necessary to exert much effort. He moves forward himself and does not need to make additional support from behind;
- Universal purpose. This tool can be used to loosen the soil, both before planting potatoes (Read about how to make a manual hiller for potatoes in this article), and after planting during active cultivation for additional loosening.
How does he work?
The device is attached to the tiller on the clutch bracket without the tractor. This is done by a locking element, two bolts and flat washers. The most convenient workflow with it is carried out in the first low gears.
The principle of operation of THESE hillers is as follows: disc elements during movement rake in the soil and make a roller when hilling, sprinkle the plants with earth.
Rotational movements of the disc elements provide crushing of the soil and additionally loosen it.
- Due to it, high and even ridges of row spacings are obtained;
- Ease and convenience when working;
- Low energy consumption.
However, not everything is so good, there are also negative sides. These devices, in comparison with other types, are 3, and sometimes even 4 times more expensive. Of course, the cost is influenced by a number of factors:
- The size of the diameter and thickness of the disc elements;
- The material from which the tool is made. steel of a simple or alloyed type;
- Adjustment devices.
When buying, you must take into account all the nuances. If it seems that this device is too expensive, then you can make it yourself. over, the manufacturing is not so difficult.
Do-it-yourself hiller for a tiller. drawings
Hilling and digging a land plot is quite hard work, which takes a lot of strength and health.
Many summer residents and owners of land plots use such a convenient device as a tiller on the farm. They can easily dig up the entire area in a matter of hours. And if you attach various devices to it, for example, a hiller, lawn mowers, potato planters and much more, then the work will be much easier.
In this article, we will look at how to make such a convenient tool as a disc tiller for a tiller. The first step is to find out what models of this tool are, and only then figure out how you can make it yourself. There are 4 varieties of this device.
Disc type device
The disc-type hiller consists of a frame on two wheels and two suspended disc elements. If we consider in more detail all the constituent elements, then the following can be distinguished:
- T-type leash;
- Screw tarleps. 2 pieces. Due to THESE elements, the vertical rotation angle of the disc elements is adjusted;
- Racks. 2 pieces;
- Discs. 2 pieces.
The adjustment of the stands provides a convenient change in the distance between the edges of the disc devices. For this reason, you can choose such a width size, which is needed. that’s 35 cm to 70 cm.
If you need to set the same size of the rotation angles in the disc elements, then you need to adjust the tarleps. Without this, the hiller will constantly pull to the side. But the level of inclination in the disc elements is NOT adjustable and basically always keeps at the same level.
In order to make this device, you need to cut two equal parts from a sheet of steel with a thickness of 2 mm. Then you need to bend them so that their radii coincide.
Then their seams are welded and processed, so that the result is a perfectly flat surface. In the future, these tools can be used for single row tillage. You can make two such devices, which can later be used for two-row processing of potatoes.
Click on the picture to enlarge
Before you start making your own disc hiller, you need to familiarize yourself with the drawings of this tool.
Thanks to them, it is possible to make this tool with the greatest accuracy the first time, and it will serve for a long time.
Variable working width
This device is considered the most convenient, since it has an adjusting mechanism, which provides a quick change in the position of the wings. Thanks to this property, it can be easily adjusted to any size of beds.
However, they have one very unpleasant drawback. they are very difficult to work with. This is due to the fact that when loosening the wings of the device push the soil apart in different directions, a small amount of which spills out again into the furrow.
As a result, arms and back begin to get tired, and most of the engine power is wasted. Yet despite these shortcomings, these models are popular and in great demand among many landowners.
With variable working width
If we talk about a hiller, the width of which can be changed, it should be noted that they are used to work with powerful units weighing more than thirty kilograms.
Types of hillers, their characteristics
With the help of this unit, the process of making furrows on the soil surface and filling them with material for planting is carried out.
If you use a tiller, then the rows of planting potatoes will be even and spaced at an equal distance from each other. You can list several main types of hillers.
To choose the right tiller for a tiller, you need to note for yourself their main features and characteristics. There are many models of hillers, but the most common are the following:
- Disc hillers;
- Propeller type;
- With variable working width.
A tiller is a truly indispensable unit when cultivating land before planting it. Hiller is a type of additional equipment used on tillers, which will speed up and improve the process of planting potatoes and pre-planting work in general.
Propeller hillers are used on those tillers that are equipped with two forward gears.
When choosing tiller potato hillers, a few more points should be taken into account. It is better to use equipment with a streamlined shape (a plow-shaped hiller is well suited), because they turn the soil out with less intensity, which does not allow it to lose moisture.
In addition, it is worth giving preference to steel tools with a letter of greater width and with the presence of bearings. The size of the tiller is related to the size of the tiller and the length of the cultivated strip of land.
This type is the Most Simple. They differ in that they have a strictly exposed furrow width, which will be covered by the device, and it cannot be changed. It does not depend on the distance between the rows. Usually the delight of such a hiller is no more than thirty centimeters. A characteristic feature. the hiller is equipped with installed stands, which DO NOT allow overloading the tiller during operation.
Disc tiller for tiller
The same type is more efficient. The lower the speed of the cultivating unit, the greater the power of the tiller itself. This helps to significantly extend the service life. In addition, disk drives are easier to handle and require less effort in the process. And the most important advantage of this type is its versatility. The unit can be used both before planting and at a time when the part located above the soil increases.
How to make a hiller for a tiller with your own hands? For this, there are many drawings and diagrams. In general, there is no difficulty in making a hiller with your own hands. Having picked up the right tiller, choose a scheme and get to work.
Below is an example of a lister type tiller.
Take a metal layer two millimeters thick. Then cut out the halves of the part from it according to the proposed template (Taking into account the dimensions). Important! The halves must be symmetrical, otherwise this will affect the operation of the device in the future. Then bend both halves until the radii match, and then weld the x, making two or three passes. Next Process the welds.
It is very important to choose the correct drawing for the future product in order to avoid any discrepancies (during work, the structure will begin to lead to the side, etc.). With high-quality and careful manufacturing, homemade equipment does NOT create any difficulties and hindrances when hilling.
You can also easily construct a do-it-yourself disc hiller for a tiller.
To create such a device, you can take plowshares (discs) from a seeder that has already served its life. Or they can be made directly from metal sheets (no more than 2 mm thick), then bend the edge of the lower edge. The distance observed between the points of the lower supports corresponds to the width of the track itself. Then the discs are fastened to each other, but at the discretion that the connecting elements can be adjusted.
In addition, for disc hillers for the tiller, screw turnbuckles, stands (in which it was already mentioned) and a leash in the shape of the letter T are needed. Turnbuckles are attached directly to the motoblock device. The above type is better for cutting furrows than others.
Do-it-yourself tiller hillers are always pleasing to the eye, and working with them is much more pleasant and faster.