Today, many home craftsmen and professional craftsmen have a whole arsenal of power tools that help to cope with household and repair-construction tasks. Rotary hammers, jigsaws, angle grinders, drills. all of them greatly simplify and speed up work. However, it happens that the power tool fails. Do not rush and send it to the trash because of this. In connection with intensive operation, the parts wear out, so the equipment cannot work in normal mode. If you know how to remove the bearing from the anchor of a power tool, you can extend the life of your "assistant". Timely replacement and lubrication of parts allows you to operate the device for a longer time.
The main task of the power tool engine. this is rotation. An anchor is that important part of the device that makes the working mechanism rotate. The life of the part depends on the power and speed, as well as the activity of the equipment. Bearings are needed to reduce friction while parts are moving. They provide smooth rotation and improve the stroke of the working mechanism of the power tool. If bearings are monitored and lubricated in a timely manner, their service life is increased several times.
How to remove the bearing from the anchor in order to check its performance?
Due attention must be paid to the condition of the bearing on the engine of the power tool. When it wears out above the permissible limit, overheating occurs, and the motor starts to run noisily. If you do not remove the bearing from the anchor in time, then in a running form during rotation, the stationary and moving parts will begin to touch each other. And this, in turn, threatens serious damage to the electric motor. In this case, a replacement of the rotor or anchor will be required. Checking the bearings is quite simple. To do this, install the engine on a solid surface, put a hand on top of it and rotate the shaft. The rotor should move freely, not jam. If you hear scratching sounds or feel uneven rotation, this will be the first call that it is necessary to remove the bearing from the anchor and eliminate the malfunction.
In any bearing there are backlashes, that is, gaps. Their presence is quite acceptable, but it is important that the indicators do not go beyond acceptable limits. It is necessary to check the backlash:
- radial or longitudinal. To do this, put the engine on a solid surface and try to deflect the shaft in different directions with your hand. The amount of displacement depends on the size of the part. For household models of power tools, deviations should be barely noticeable;
- axial. The check in this case is simpler. You must take the shaft with your hand and pull it towards you or push the rotor in the opposite direction. In household appliance engines, deviations should not exceed 3 mm. The closer this indicator is to zero, the better.
Video: How to Remove Anchor From a Puncher
If during disassembly of the electric motor you notice traces of friction of parts, then there has been a wear of the bearings. Immediately remove the bearing from the anchor and replace the parts. This will avoid negative consequences in the form of engine failure or complete failure of the tool.
How to remove the bearing from the anchor angle grinder?
Today, home and professional craftsmen use several methods to solve this problem. If it becomes necessary to remove the bearing from the anchor, an angle grinder or other tool can be done using such devices:
- Pullers. These are special devices that allow you to easily and safely remove from the anchor angle grinder bearings of different sizes. The use of pullers practically does not require the use of physical force, even if the bearing is tightly seated. Thanks to the centering mechanism, simultaneous installation of the device grips is ensured. It can be used in any position. Before removing the bearing, it is necessary to clean the armature shaft of the angle grinder from old grease, chips, sand, so that nothing would interfere with removing the part. The centering mechanism allows the puller to precisely take its seat. If the bearing is intact, and the dismantling process is carried out for revision, it should be pulled by the inner ring so as not to damage. For large anchor shafts, an angle grinder uses a massive puller with three or four gripping legs, and for small shafts, devices with interchangeable plates or slats are suitable.
- Hammers, chisels, wrenches and other improvised tools. In this case, to remove the bearing from the anchor of an angle grinder, it is heated with gas, squeezed with a vice, grind, chop and perform many other operations. These methods, of course, can be effective, but there is a big risk that the seat of the part will be mechanically damaged. And often the bearing itself after such manipulations without a puller will be unsuitable for further use. In addition, the contractor may be injured as a result of contact with pieces of the clip that are scattered after strikes in the face, eyes or head.
As practice shows, pullers are more effective in this situation. They allow you to quickly, easily and without much risk remove the bearing from the anchor of the power tool and inspect the parts or replace them. If you have to periodically carry out such operations, you should get such a useful device. The use of improvised devices is permissible only if you have experience repairing power tools and urgent replacement of a part is required.
Features of bearing mounting on the motor armature
After you have successfully managed to remove the bearing from the anchor, you need to carry out a number of necessary manipulations before assembling the equipment. If you are installing new parts, they must be exactly the same width as well as the inside and outside diameters with the old bearings. It is important that during installation no dirt or dust gets inside the product, because this can lead to corrosion, chips and various kinds of damage. The bearing is anchored using a metal pipe, which must first be lubricated. In the process of pressing, it is important to ensure that there are no distortions. You should also observe the following nuances:
- Lubricate bearings with a special grease. It can be moisture resistant;
- only ½ (for equipment with rotation up to 300 rpm) or 1/3 (for faster tools) of the bearing chamber is filled with grease. It’s not worth adding more substance, because all the excess is still squeezed out during rotation.
Sometimes the process of bearing bearing anchored is simplified if it is preheated in boiling oil. However, you need to be very careful in this case and make sure that the part does not heat above 100 0C.