Choosing equipment for the suburban area, it is not always worth chasing powerful and overall devices. The power of the tool is undoubtedly a critical parameter, but it pulls the increased weight of the device, its large dimensions, as well as the high price and increased fuel costs. But that’s not the point.
If you have a small garden with tightly planted fruit trees or a small lawn with flower beds and shrubs, then clearing it of weeds and gently mowing the grass, is an impossible task for any lawn mower. In such cases, even a hand tool is an ordinary braid, and that will not help: you cannot swing it while bumping into tree trunks.
The ideal solution, in this case, is a good and inexpensive electric trimmer. It is so easy, convenient and easy to manage that it always becomes a favourite with women and the elderly. A light, quietly humming electric motor, a handle with convenient handles and a nylon fishing line tucked into a spool are the main components of the electric trimmer.
Efficiency of electric trimmer.
The electric mowing, which operates from a household electrical network, is relevant on a site ranging from four to six hectares, planted with trees, flowers, bushes. It is convenient for her to mow the grass near the house gently or along the curb, to trim the paths, and an environmentally friendly motor that does not produce exhausts, gas and burning will even make it possible to remove weeds in any indoor space — a greenhouse or greenhouse.
The trimmer cable limits the mowing range of the grass, but it can be extended with a standard extension. If this length is not enough for you, or the mains parameters do not contribute to the normal operation of the electric motor, then you can purchase a kind of cordless tool. a battery trimmer. It works autonomously, the built-in battery lasts for half an hour or an hour of intensive work. it is enough to cut the trees in the garden. The trimmer motor can be placed at the top of the tool or at the bottom. Upper-motor trimmers work well on uneven and uneven reliefs. They are also perfectly balanced and can work with high and wet grass. no short circuit will occur. The convenience of work with it also increases with the one-shoulder loop, which hangs on the shoulder. You can use lower motor trimmers only for dry grass and even patches. Often it is the lower-motor trimmers working on a rechargeable battery.
How to use a trimmer?
The household trimmer is the easiest to use and at the same time, a very effective tool. It seems to be easier nowhere to turn on the tool in the outlet and work. But still, there are some nuances that you need to know for the trimmer to work for a long time and productively.
- Site preparation. It is necessary to carefully examine the mowing area and remove all foreign objects. stones, glass, wire, etc. Sudden take off from under the fishing line during work, such an object could cause injury.
- Installation of the cutting system. There are low-power trimmers that can only work with fishing line, mowing soft and juicy grass. they do not need to install a cutting system. But some models of trimmers, in which the motor has 1 kW and more power, can work with a knife. If there are thick weeds or even a small growth of bushes on the plot, you need to unscrew the working attachment nut and install the cutting knife. Then tighten the nut tightly with a wrench.
- Before starting work. It is essential to wear protective glasses when working with a trimmer because even if you have removed the area from debris, plant stalks and grass can fly in your eyes. The same stalks, grass and branches can injure your hands, so it is advisable to wear gloves. Electric trimmer turns on the network, but the battery needs to be charged a few hours before work. Then, if there is a shoulder mount, we hang it on the shoulder, satchel. on both shoulders. Conveniently we embrace the trimmer by the handles: the D-shaped handle should be tightly wrapped around the palm of your hand, and the garden trimmer with the bicycle handle (U-shaped) should be firmly held with two hands. The trimmer must be kept above the grass so that the spool with a fishing line or knife is placed parallel to the ground. Turn on start.
- How to mow. The rotation of the cutting mechanism occurs counterclockwise. Thus, to cut the grass fell on the already mowed area, easily, with simple movements, we carry out a trimmer in front of you, from right to left. To remove grass residues, move to the other side, from left to right. If the area is flat and large, break it into imaginary squares and mow down, moving along the outside of such a square. If the area on the slope, then mow need to start from the bottom of the lawn, passing across the site. in one direction. Reaching the edge, you need to go back and mow in the same direction, in parallel. If there are a lot of trees in the area, mow only with a line. Otherwise, you can cut a tree trunk with a knife. In such a garden, it is best to mow around the perimeter, bypassing the tree in a circle.
- Completion of work. Turning off the engine and removing the straps from the shoulders is not the full completion of work. It is necessary to carefully clean the spool and the knife from the remnants of grass. Then fold the trimmer if it is telescopic or collapsible and hide it until the next mowing.
The trimmer line also has its secrets.
The line wounds on the spool inside the reel and its tips expose to the outside. When mowing, the spool rotates and the fishing line, while rotating, cuts the grass. To release the tips, you need to gently hit the reel on the ground (semi-automatic system), there are automatic reels that have the line produced by itself. When working with the fishing line, there are also several rules:
In order not to damage the fishing line and reel. Try not to touch the coil and fishing line of various solid materials. paths, borders, fences. From this the fishing line shortens prematurely, the coil can be damaged or even jam the engine. The spool with fishing line should also not touch the ground.
Mow tips. this is more efficient. If you mow the entire length of the line, you can overload the engine. Also, it reduces the efficiency of mowing. The tool must be kept so that it mows only the tips of the fishing line. To do this, tilt it forward. towards the mowing.
Tall grass requires several mowings. If the grass is above 20 centimetres, then one mowing will not do here. It is necessary to mow two or three times, from top to bottom. It does so that the grass doesn’t wound on a reel. Coiled grass is engine overheating. If the grass still wounds, you need to stop the tool and clean it.
Leska ran away and hid in a reel. Such an option when working happens if you did not release the fishing line from the reel in time. After all, the line during mowing is erased and shortened. If you do not have time to release it, then stop the engine, turn off the tool from the network, and then disassemble the spool and pass the tips of the fishing line into the necessary holes.
What determines the consumption of fishing line? You must remember that the line wears faster if the grass is tough. Therefore, it is necessary to produce more often when mowing weeds and dry hard grass. Around the basement of the house, near the wall and curb, the consumption of fishing line will also be greater than directly on the lawn or near the trees. It is worth considering: if you work carefully and carefully, the consumption of trim line will be optimal and economical.