The Stihl chainsaw, namely the MS 180 model, is primarily used for harvesting wood and performing various construction works. Such equipment is used very often due to the large list of features and capabilities. The main feature of this model is reducing the vibration, which is very important. Naturally, in the process of operating a chainsaw can fail, which means it will have to do its repair.
Problems with the carburetor.
A feature of the carburetor chainsaw Stihl is the presence of one screw, responsible for setting the idle. In the process of using the equipment, you should always pay attention to idle speed. A few simple steps will help to adjust this: checking the air filter, as well as the safety grille.
It is worth noting that the repair of the carburetor chainsaw Stihl is considered a time-consuming process.
If for some reason it has ceased to start, you must do the following:
- open the gas cap, and then close it;
- remove and dry the candle;
- air the combustion chamber.
If these actions are unsuccessful, pay attention to the air filter fuel supply and the functioning of the candles. If in your opinion, the problem was caused by a malfunction of the carburetor, then the chainsaw, purchased with a guarantee, it is best to hand it over to the service immediately. It is so because it is quite difficult to disassemble by yourself.
Ignition System Check.
With various equipment breakdowns always necessary pay attention to the spark plug. To do this, carefully connect the wires, and then turn out the element with the appropriate key.
Then you need to assess the condition of the candle:
- If it is dry, then it indicates the fuel does not enter the cylinder. Accordingly, the problem is not related to the candle.
- In the case when such an element is splashed with fuel, it is worthwhile to make sure that the carburetor starts up correctly. The same applies to the adjustment. The candle itself gently wiped, and then cut off the flow of gasoline and start the starter. It will help get rid of excess fuel and at the same time ventilate the combustion chamber. After that, the candle is screwed into place and again start the mechanism.
- If black carbon is visible on this element, then, most likely, in the process of using Stihl chainsaw, low-quality oil was used. Also, the cause may be the wrong ratio of fuel and oil or incorrect adjustment of the carburetor. In this situation, the candle is gently washed, then removed with a sharp knife or needle carbon and wipe the electrodes. In the process of testing the spark, it is important to make sure that the distance between the electrodes is no more than 0.5–0.65 mm.
As mentioned earlier, when viewed on a candle you can see black soot. In this case, experienced craftsmen recommend checking if a spark occurs. For this purpose, the ignition cable is fixed on the spark plug, after which the nut and cylinder are connected using pliers. Then it will remain to start the chainsaw starter. If the spark does not occur, you will have to replace the spark plug. In a situation where the use of a new element also fails, you need to check the high-voltage wires and the connection to the candle.
Repair of the fuel supply system.
While using Stihl chainsaws, some people complain that fuel stops flowing to cylinder.
A similar problem may occur due to several reasons:
- Filter contamination. In this case, you need to remove the hose and pay attention to the jet of fuel. The filter itself is carefully cleaned or replaced with a new one. For preventive purposes, it is recommended to replace this element once every 3-4 months.
- Breather obstruction. Ensuring that the cause of the fault is such, will help disconnect the hose. If you find a blockage, use a needle or other small sharp object.
- Lack of fuel or its insufficient amount. It is due to a clogged filter. Separately, it is worth mentioning the incorrectly adjusted carburetor chainsaw. It is recommended to perform the adjustment again using the appropriate screw to rectify the fault.
For fuel to always enter the cylinder, periodically clean and change the fuel filter. You also need to make sure that the hose with the drive fits snugly, and the membrane is intact.
It should be noted that for the proper functioning of the Stihl chainsaw, you must choose high-quality fuel. over, its quantity should comply with the rate recommended by the manufacturer.
Chainsaw Stihl MC 180. pretty simple unit. Despite this, equipment repair often causes a lot of difficulties, because one malfunction may occur due to a large list of reasons. Accordingly, before you decide to proceed with the repair, accurately diagnose the failure.