Difficulties in driving a tile on the wall, ways to make a hole so that the tile does not crack
In the process of repair work in the bathroom or in the kitchen, it is often necessary to make a hole in the wall and at the same time drill tiles so that it does not crack and does not break. Many are sure that this is impossible, but, owning some simple secrets, you can make neat holes in the tile.
Ceramics are not easy to drill due to its structure. This is a durable and dense material, but its upper layer (enamel) is quite fragile, so drilling or cutting often end with cracks and chips. If there is a goal to drill tiles so that it does not crack, it is important to avoid the following errors when working with it:
- When selecting irregular drill, the tiled cladding is split, and sometimes completely. Drill for work on metal, wood or glass are not sharp enough. They are focused on too fast recess and create uneven pressure, thereby exceeding the threshold threshold for the tile. Therefore, to work with ceramics, it is important to choose special devices and drill tiles at low revolutions of the tool (from 200-400 about./min, but not more than 1000).
- Excessive pressure on the instrument increases the load on the tile, and its strength is not enough to cope with this. There is a split. It is important to exert a small pressure on the drill, necessary only to keep it in the correct position and do not force the process.
- You need to drill a hole in ceramic tiles strictly at a right angle. If you break this simple rule, you can not only damage the tile, but also injure or break the drill. At an indirect angle, the pressure in the tile spreads unevenly, and the tool can jump off.
- If the tiled cladding has not yet been installed, it is best to drill it on the floor, putting a piece of a wood-brown plate or wood.
The choice of tools
There are 2 options than drill tiles: electric screwdriver or hand drill. Electric screwdriver can be battery or work from the network. Hand drill is suitable for drilling holes of small diameter. It is worth using a tool limiter. a plastic rod fixed at the base of the drill. During drilling tiles, it is rested against the surface, which helps to keep the device at right angles.
At home, you can use an electric drill or a peorator, if you first turn off the shock mode and reduce the speed.
If you need to make several holes in ceramic tiles, you will need the level. The conductor will help to drill holes correctly. a thin plate with holes of various diameters, which plays the role of a stencil.
The hardness of the edge of the tip of the drill suitable for tiles should be higher than the density of the tile. The drilling of tiles is performed only by devices of suitable types.
In order to get a high.quality result, the following drills are used:
- With diamond spraying. It allows you to carefully make a hole of any diameter in the tile. The cost of the drill is high, but for professional masters, their choice is preferred.
- With a winning tip. Wins. a super.hard metal composite alloy, the plates from which are attacked on the head of the drill to strengthen. Such a drill is stronger than the tile, and therefore can be used to work with fragile material. It is available in price and is sold in all construction stores.
- Special. The drilling of a tile is best done with them, but their cost is high.
If there is a need to cut a hole of large diameter in ceramic tiles (for communications, sockets, switches), use circular drills:
- Ballerin. A circular adjustable drill with incisors, which can be set to the required distance from the center, thereby adjusting the diameter of the hole. To work with it requires skills.
- Circular crown with a center drill. Cows with a fixed diameter are very convenient and easy to work. Do not require special skills. It can be drilled with tiled cladding on the wall, but it is better to do it on the floor after a reliable fixation of the processed material. Before work, ceramic tiles must be moistened abundantly with water to prevent overheating.
- Cooled cutter according to the tile without a center drill. This nozzle can be used to drill non.installed ceramics.
If the tile is already fixed on the wall, and the hole is necessary not only in it, but also in the wall, you can apply a peorator with carbide drill.
Tile drilling equipment
As you asking the question of how to drill tiles in order to get a quality result, you should carefully choose the appropriate equipment for this. At the same time, special attention should be paid to the one in which the speed range it can work. Drill tiles so that it does not crack, it follows at the speed of the drill in the range of 200-1000 rpm. To set the speed of rotation of the cartridge on a regular household drill 200 rpm is problematic, although the upper limit (1000 rpm) such equipment may well achieve. In this regard, it is better to use a battery or network electric screwdriver to drill high.quality holes in ceramic and tiles, the upper limit of the rotation speed of which is 800–1000 rpm.
Drill tiles so that it does not crack, you can also with a hand drill if there is no way to use the electric. Of course, quickly drill tiles in the bathroom or toilet when using a hand drill, nevertheless, the result will be accurate and accuracy. It should be borne in mind that the manual drill will not allow you to drill a large hole in the tile, since such a device cannot work at high speeds.
How to drill tiles? To work with such hard and fragile material, which can easily crack, you need to choose the right drill. The recommendations given in the following section of the article can help in solving this issue.
The choice of drill
Having chosen the equipment, you should pay special attention to how drilling ceramic tiles. If the tool is incorrectly selected, you can use it only a few times, after which it can be thrown away, since it will come completely unusable. To drill tiles without such negative consequences, you need to choose the right drill.
You can drill a hole in ceramic tiles qualitatively using a spear.shaped drill that differs in a long service life. If you think about how to drill tiles under the dowel, choose a tool of this type. It is also important that the spear drills are affected by an affordable price.
When drilling tiles with a spear drill, use a household vacuum cleaner to remove dust
How to drill tiles to get a quality result? For this purpose, a drill with a carbide plate sharpened on one side is often used. Sharpening of the cutting part at an acute angle not only reduces the risk of overheating of the drill, but also allows it to be easier to drill tiles, characterized by high strength and fragility.
Coroned type with diamond spraying
Quite often, you need to drill a tile in order to get a large diameter hole in it, designed to install pipes and electric sockets. Such a hole in the tile can have a diameter of 10 to 70 mm. In this case, it is best to use crowned.type drill, on the working part of which diamond spraying is applied. A tool with a center drill can be used complete with a manual electric drill, and without it. only with the help of stationary drilling equipment.
Diamond crowns are often sold with one support plate for several nozzles
When drilling ceramic tiles with a diamond crown, keep in mind that this tool is quite critical of overheating, so it must be cooled with water during processing.
Apply coronet drills with diamond spraying in modes of 200-500 rpm, while they need to be cooled qualitatively with water. The resource of such a tool, if all the rules of its use are observed, is enough for 20-50 drilled holes, which is a good enough indicator.
By the way, there are also small diameter
How to drill ceramic tiles without defects? Crowned drills of this type allow you to easily solve this problem. With their help, you can also treat porcelain, marble and brick. The most significant disadvantage of such a tool is its high cost, but, given its versatility and high efficiency, this price is quite justified.
Set of tungsten crowns on tiles and tiles
Solving the question of how to drill tiles in the bathroom in order to obtain a hole of large diameter, many home masters choose the so.called ballerinka. This drill can be drilled holes, the diameter of which is in the interval of 30–90 mm.
The ballerinka includes a central drill and a bracket, along which clips with incisors are moving. With the help of the latter and the groove is cut on the surface of the processed product. The ballerinka is most often used when on the surface of the tile in the bathroom or toilet it is necessary to drill a hole of non.standard diameter. If you decide to use the ballerinka, keep in mind that the hole obtained with its help is distinguished by uneven edges, which will subsequently need to cover.
“Ballerinka”, although it does not provide the perfect quality of holes, but always helps out in the absence of crowns of the desired diameter
How to drill tiles
- If there is an opportunity (there are fragments of an unnecessary tile), then it has the meaning of the SL to start a small training. When everything starts to work out, it will be possible to proceed to the performance of the desired task.
- It is very important to make accurate markup. You can, of course, apply the point of future drilling with a pencil or marker directly to the surface of the tile. However, firstly, by the tile (especially-according to the glazed), not every pencil will leave a trace. Secondly. This mark is very easy to lubricate with an awkward movement. It is optimal to see a very simple way. the opening area is sealed with a piece of ordinary painting tape, and after that you can already mark. everything will be clearly visible.
The positive “influence” of the adhesive tape is not limited to this. Practice shows that it is much easier to start drilling. the sharpened edge of the drill will not slip from the intended point. This is much better than trying to bite the center. When working by Kern (let it be a hardened dowel-gvo or acute supra-films), there is always a chance to damage the surface of the tile or even allow chip (crack).
- High speeds should never be used to drill tiles. Rotation frequency range. from 100 to 400 revolutions per minute. It is difficult to indicate the exact value. it depends on the type of drill. and from its diameter, and from the thickness and material of the manufacture of the tile itself. But in practice, the required frequency is very quickly experimentally.
- It is necessary to make it a rule. if a drill is used. in which the shock function is provided, then it is necessary to check before the start of the work the disconnection of this option.
- If you are not yet drilled, then for work it is necessary to prepare a convenient workplace. The surface should be even, stable, not vibrate. Below should be laid a material that will not become an obstacle to the drill. it can be a tree, plywood or even an unnecessary piece of drywall.
Be sure to check that there are no solid fragments left on the desktop, which will interfere with the tight fit of the tiles to the surface.
- The cutting tool can be very hot during operation, and overheating of the drilling site often leads to cracks in the tile. So, you should not apply excessive efforts. it is better to give a little more time to get a hole. It is fashionable to cool the drill itself, lowering it, for example, into machine oil. Sometimes, when working on horizontal surfaces, they resort to “local cooling”. around the planned center, the holes are pulled out of plasticine, and the resulting “container” is filled with water.
If the hole is drilled on a wall with an already laid tile, then with an oil storage of the drill you need to be extremely careful. drops of oil can fall into the inter.screen grout, and you will have to suffer a lot to get rid of such stains.
Sometimes you have to resort to forced coolant supply. Many professionals have a special tool for these purposes-usually this is a light vessel, in which an excess pressure is created by a manual pump, and a special conductor who centers the drill and ensures the flow of fluid into the drilling area.
- The drill should always be perpendicular to the surface of the tile. if there are no special holding devices, then it will be necessary to constantly monitor this yourself.
- Drilling ceramics (especially when making a large diameter) may be accompanied. Do not forget about it. it is necessary to take measures to protect hands and especially the eye.
Now that the basic concepts are presented, you can proceed to the consideration of the most typical drills of ceramic tiles. small holes, for dowels, and a large diameter. for laying communications and installing plumbing, sockets or switches
Drilling of small diameter holes
A typical situation when you need to hang on the wall any element of furniture, mirror, a hanger for towels, a cabinet or a shelf, another accessory of the bathroom or kitchen. In this case, clogging plastic dowels are usually used with a diameter of up to 12 mm. The situation is considered when the work is carried out on the wall already lined with tiles, the glue under which is completely frozen.
First of all, it is necessary to determine the place of the hole. The fact is that it is desirable that it is located no closer than 15 mm from the edge of the tile. Otherwise, it is very likely that or the drill slides into the seam between the tiles. either the edge from overheating or vibration when drilling is simply das t t rush or even break.
- After marking, it is necessary to insert a drill of the desired diameter into the cartridge. We proceed from the size of dowels preparing for the installation. the hole in the tile should be 1 ÷ 2 mm wider than the diameter of the diameter of the dowel plug.
- The drill is installed in the intended center (adhesive tape should not give the tip to slip), and then drilling at low speeds begins. The most difficult thing is to go through the upper layer of the tile. then the drilling will go “more fun”.
- As soon as the thickness of the tile is passed, and the drill reached the wall, it is taken out. it makes no sense to stupid the expensive tool. A conventional wall for peooring walls, with a diameter, is exactly the appropriate dowel size.
- The drill should freely go through the hole in the tile, and then you can continue drilling in the wall itself to the required depth. Of course, this is done very carefully so that a random distortion does not damage the edges of the hole in the tile, since a long drill can have a small “beating”.
- Then it remains only to put the dowel in the made hole and carefully score it. Remember, an awkward movement can destroy all the work done. from a random blow to the top, tiles can crack.
- After that, nothing should prevent you from screwing the hook, self.tapping screw, other fastening.
Drilling holes of large diameter
The holes of large diameter (from 20 mm and above) are most often drilled in the tile even before laying it on the walls or floor. Thorough marking with the determination of the centers is carried out, and the tile is laid on the working workbench.
Here, the drilling technology may vary slightly. it largely depends on the type of drill used.
Another small instructions for drilling tiles
Let’s see an example of how to drill tiles with an ordinary drill.
First, prepare all the materials and tools, as well as lay the tile on a flat hard surface. It is most convenient to place it on a piece of drywall or wood.
Apply marking. How to do this on a smooth surface of the tile? Very simple. Glue a piece of painting tape on it in the place where there will be a hole and apply a mark with a pencil.
Place the drill strictly perpendicular to the tile, setting the drill to the point where the hole should appear.
Gently drill a hole.
If the tile is already fixed on the wall, then after it has been drilled, you need to change the drill to the BUR on concrete and drill the wall further if necessary. And it is also worth it to periodically moisten the drill in water or pour some water into the drilling place.
There are several recommendations that will help to drill tiles in the bathroom so that it does not crack and does not fall off. For example, when drilling, it is worth remembering that the optimal speed is approximately 100-200 rpm.
In no case should the tip of the drill overheat. You can cool the drill with unprofitable machine oil. In this case, it is necessary to wipe the drill after each cooling.
The usual plasticine will help to make even holes without chips, from which it is necessary to make a tourniquet. After that, a ring is made from the plastic material, the diameter of which is determined by the dimensions of the future hole. Next, you need to place the plasticine ring so that the label made under the hole is located clearly in its center.
Then the tiles are located on a flat horizontal surface and the coolant is poured into the ring. Such a simple measure avoids overheating of the drill tip.
To drill tiles on the floor, you need to choose a special nozzle. In this case, the use of the ring saw allows you to perform work correctly. It should have a guide drill, without which it will not be possible to perform the operation competently. The peculiarity of the design of this nozzle prevents its slipping from the smooth surface of the tile.
To understand how to drill tiles in the bathroom so that it does not crack, it is recommended to watch a training video on this topic. Attentiveness is the main requirement for the master, who decided to make even holes in the tiles installed on the wall or floor.
Write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев: what tips will help to avoid the occurrence of cracks in the tile during drilling?
It is especially important for beginners to adhere to all recommendations. If masters can ignore some rules. they have a lot of experience, then those who are just starting to get acquainted with such work are important to adhere to each stage:
Preparation of the tool. It is necessary to lay out in advance in the immediate availability of the drill that will be required, a drill, an electric screwdriver or a peorator. In addition, you will need materials for marking: roulette, pencil. Cold water container, sponge to wipe the area from dust, vacuum cleaner. Maslar tape is required to drill glazed ceramics.
Marking. We glue the male tape on the surface, measure the distance between the points with the roulette (if there are several holes, use the ruler to level the horizon), put the marks.
Preparation of the working area. If you need to drill a tile that has not yet been laid on the wall, you should use a timber or another substrate that can prevent sliding. It is better to glue the tile to the base so that it did not shift, and it was not necessary to constantly hold it with a hand.
We insert the drill into the cartridge. Be sure to check how well the drill is fixed. You can make several trial holes in the black material. We set speed.
We start work. The drill should be placed at an angle of 90 degrees to the point that was previously outlined. You can not change the angle of inclination, throughout the process it must be maintained strictly perpendicular. If it is changed, the tile will immediately split or depart the glaze, the material will be spoiled. The pressure on the tool should be moderate and constant. Every few seconds you need to pull the drill out of the hole, moisten it with cold water. Damp sponge delete dust and working out from the surface. As soon as the drill enters a quarter, you can gradually increase the speed, but not the power of pressure.
Important ! It is better not to drill to the seams, to retreat a few centimeters deep into it to prevent chips and cracks.
Change of drill. When you replace the wall, you need to change the nozzle to the one that is suitable for wall material. It is important that the diameter matches, so that the new drill does not spoil the resulting hole. Before starting work by a new drill, you should remove large pieces of the developed material so that they do not interfere.
If the penetration should be aesthetic, the edges of the hole can be polished. For processing, sandpaper, folded and fixed on the drill, is suitable. It will also be possible to remove small chips, which are formed at the edges during operation.
There is nothing complicated in the process we consider. It will only be required for the maximum accuracy and follow the useful tips set forth in the article in order to prevent mistakes that can cause the need to buy new tiles. Do not rush, do everything carefully, try to withstand all the recommendations by steps to avoid defects. For the first time it is better to use a special tool that will help with minimal efforts to make beautiful and neat holes.
Types of tools used
What a drill to drill ceramic tiles? It is best to opt for a tool specially designed for processing ceramics and glass. Savings on drills can lead to the fact that you will have to spend both on the purchase of a new tile and its replacement on the surface of the wall.
Depending on the diameter of the hole that must be drilled in the tile, to perform such a procedure, you can use:
Application of special drills
Special drills for ceramic tiles are used in cases where it is required to create a hole of a small diameter. As such a tool, if it is required to perform just a few holes in the tile, you can use a regular wood drill, sharpening it more quickly, but a drill for metal work equipped with winning attacks is better for these purposes. The resources of the latter, if we ensure its high.quality cooling, is enough to perform more holes.
From inexpensive drills on ceramics, with which it is convenient to create holes for a dowel fastener, one should distinguish a spear.shaped tool. With the help of one such drill, the diameter of which can be up to 12 mm, you can create up to five holes in the tile. Using this tool, it should be borne in mind that you can drill tiles with it only at small speeds of the drill.
Varieties of spear.shaped drills on tiles and ceramics
You can also drill tiles under the placement of dowel fasteners using drills equipped with carbide plates, and gear mills. The latter are characterized by the usual carrier.shaped drills in that their cutting plates have one.sided and more sharp sharpening.The disadvantages of using such tools are that it is quite difficult to obtain a qualitative result with their help, and before drilling the center of the future opening should be sure to tap.
convenient to use is a feathery tool for drilling tiles. The advantages of such a drill are that before its use it is not required to perform preliminary melting of the tile, and it is much easier to aim at the center of the future hole. With the help of drills for tiles, the cutting part of which is made in the form of a pen, you can perform holes, the diameter of which reaches 30 mm.
The most expensive, but also distinguished by the largest resource of work are the spear drill, on the cutting part of which diamond spraying is applied. It is advisable to purchase such expensive and reliable drills in the case when with their help you have to perform a large amount of work.
Drill on tiles tube with diamond spraying
Experts advise adhere to the following recommendations when drilling holes in the tiles designed to accommodate dowel fasteners.
Expensive tile drill bits that don’t work #shorts #youtubeshorts #diy
- After the tile, already fixed on the concrete wall, will be drilled over its entire thickness, the tile drill should be replaced with a tool for concrete work. In this case, a drill or a peorator can be placed in a stroke mode. This approach allows you to significantly extend the service life of a drill intended for work only on tiles.
- In order for the tile to be fixed on the concrete base, not by chance not to damage when clogging the dowel, the hole in it should be greater diameter than in concrete.
- In order to drill a hole in the seam between two tiles and at the same time do not damage them, you should choose a tool whose diameter is less than the width of such a seam.
- Cutting the dowel, you must act very carefully so as not to accidentally damage the surface of the tile.
How to Drill a Hole in Porcelain and Ceramic Tiles. Video 2 of 3
What should be considered when drilling ceramics
If it is necessary to carry out drilling work on the tile, you should choose the right model of an electric drill. Those models that can work at low speeds and in which there are no or can turn off the shock mode of drilling are suitable. Thus, in order to qualitatively drill a hole in ceramic tiles, the following devices are optimally suitable:
- electric drill, which can work at a minimum speed of rotation of the cutting tool;
- battery screwdrivers, the maximum rotation speed of which does not exceed the value of 800-1000 rpm;
- low.speed screwdriver operating from the central electric network.
A drill for a tile or ceramic tile is distinguished by its design from the tool used to drill any other material. Tile processing using a special drill is carried out at the expense of friction forces created by abrasive material applied to the working surface of the tool. The working part of the drill for ceramics or any other similar materials may have a row or coronal configuration. In such situations, a tool with an adjustable diameter of processing, which is called a ballerinka is also often used in such situations.
When performing drilling work on ceramic tiles, it is important to adhere to certain rules that will allow you to get a qualitative result:
- It is necessary to constantly control the temperature of the drill and processed ceramic tiles, since their overheating can lead to the failure of the tool and the appearance of cracks on the surface of the product. In order to prevent overheating, the processing zone and the drill must be periodically watered with water.
- The pressure exerted on the drill in the process of work on ceramics should not be too weak (in this case, the tiles cannot be drilled) and too strong (this can lead to breakdown of the processed product).
- The drill should rotate slowly and only clockwise, the reverse regime cannot be used, as this can lead to cracking of tiles.
- In the event that it is necessary to drill not in the tile itself, but in the gap between the two products located nearby, the drill should be placed strictly in the middle. Holes should be drilled very carefully if they are located in the immediate vicinity of such a seam. In this case, the drill can easily slip into the seam, and it will not be possible to get a hole in the required place. It should also be borne in mind that at the edges of the tiles the thickness of the protective layer applied to it is minimal (or it is not at all), so when drilling in such places from the tiles, pieces of material can be chopped off.
Maslar tape glued before marking will help make the hole more accurate
Very often you can find advice on preliminary melting of the surface of the tile in the place where you need to drill a hole. The design of modern drills used for tile work is designed in such a way that performing this procedure, which can easily lead to a breakdown of the product, there is no need to.
How to make a small diameter hole in the tile
Very often, to fix the shelf or any other objects on the surface of the wall, the hole must be drilled in already glued tiles. In a hole that should have a fairly large depth, then the dowel is inserted and screwed up. Drills for ceramic tiles in such cases are used complete with an electric drill, and after the tool dries through the tile through and enters the wall, the hole can be finalized using the pen. Just as in all other cases, the drilling of tiles recorded on the wall must be performed at small speeds.
A pedorater drill with a spear carrier
The choice of drill
There are many drills on the modern market that can be successfully used to perform work on tiles. It should be borne in mind that the correct choice of tool directly affects the result of processing. In order to solve the question of which drill to drill ceramic tiles, you should understand the types of cutting tools.
- The greatest efficiency in the performing drilling work on ceramics is shown by a tool, on the working part of which a diamond coating is applied. It should be borne in mind that it is quite expensive, so it does not make sense to purchase it for one.time work on tiles. Such drills for ceramic work, as a rule, are used by specialists who often have to drill tiles.
- For drilling tiles, spear drilling are also used, the working tip of which is made of a carbide plate sharpened in the shape of a spear. Their use minimizes the risk of tile split. The design of these drills is specially designed for such solid and fragile material as ceramics. The cutting edges of the drills of this type are located at a fairly acute angle, due to which the area of contact of the tool with processed material decreases, so minimum pressure can be exerted on the drill when using spear.shaped drills.
- The simplest tool option, which can be used for drilling in tiles in cases where there is nothing else at hand, are concrete drill equipped with a carbide tips. Working with such drills, the design of which is not intended for drilling tiles, maximum caution should be observed, since the risk of breaking the processed product is very large.
Drilling tiles with a tubular drill with diamond coating
Drilling of a small diameter in the tile is performed in the following sequence:
- To that place on the surface of the tiles where it is necessary to drill a hole, stick a piece of the patch or paper tape. In this case, the center of the future hole is indicated using a marker.
- At the initial stage of drilling, the drill is set for the minimum number of revolutions. They can be increased after the tool crashes into tiles at least a small depth. At the same time, as mentioned above, in no case can you use the shock mode of operation of the drill.
- After the tile is drilled through and cutting part of the tool reached the surface of the concrete or brick wall, a drill for ceramic work must be replaced with a more suitable. To form a hole in the wall, on which already drilled tiles are fixed, you can use the shock mode of operation of the drill or the penetrator.
The choice of tools
An important point in preparing for the work is the choice of tools. It is necessary to know in advance which drill for tiles in the bathroom is best used in one case or another. In stores of construction and finishing materials there is a wide selection of equipment and devices for processing tiles. For single work, you do not always need to buy expensive crowns with spraying. There is a method of cutting holes with a corner grinder, a piece and a disk on a stone.
CHEEMENT OF SHAVE AND BUR
In order to drill tiles on the wall, you will need a drill with a winning spraying. Correctly determine the diameter of the required hole will help such a tool as a template, or a conductor. This is a plate in which multibill.sized circles are cut. Applying the template to the tile and inserting the selected fasteners into it, you can accurately determine the desired cross section of the drill.
The drill will be required to install dowels or anchors necessary for the installation of heavy equipment like boilers. They need supports installed to a greater depth. Before drill ceramic tiles with a drill, a hole is made in it with a drill. Thus reduce the risk of cracks in ceramics or its breakdown.
There is a special category of drills: by tile. Many manufacturers offer their products of this type. The most popular are the following brands:
Any drill must be installed in a drill or electric screwdriver. Choose a tool with two or more speed modes. This will easily control the speed of rotation. You can use the peorator in mode without impact. Tile drilling technique is as follows:
For ceramic tiles
In order not to crack the tile, you need to drill at low speeds. The tip of the drill should not slide along the surface of the tile. Therefore, in the right place they make a notch, slightly hitting the glaze with a nail and a hammer. You can also use a sharp tip of the chisel.
It is necessary to drill ceramic tiles in the bathroom carefully and slowly. If the tile is on the wall, work with a drill, holding it strictly perpendicular to the plane. After passing ceramics, a drill on the tile is changed to the one that can be made in the wall material. For bricks and concrete, drilling drunks will be required. For foam and gas block, they are suitable with metal.
- In the right place, a small segment of painting tape is glued to the tile, which will avoid the formation of small chips;
- a felt.tip pen or marker mark the place of the future hole;
- In a convenient way, they make a notch on the tile to the depth of the glaze layer;
- install a drill in a drill;
- drill at low speeds, pressing the tool with slight force.
It is most convenient to work with pen or spear.shaped drills with a winning spray. Sharpening of the tip is one- or bilateral. They can make holes with a cross section of 6-12 mm. During operation, it is necessary to avoid overheating of the metal. Therefore, periodically interrupted and dipped a drill into a pre.prepared container with water.
Cooling in concrete
The hole in the tile can be made using a drill on concrete. This method is suitable for installing dowels, hooks or anchors. The work technique is the same as when using the drill. It is important to make the indentation from the edge of the tile at least 20 mm. Otherwise, there is a high risk of cracking. Drilling tiles to the desired depth is performed as accurately as possible. After passing ceramics, you can increase the pressure on the wall.
Circle on tiles, or ballerina
The choice of drill is not an easy task. There are masters who prefer a specialized for work with tiles: ballerinka. Other experts consider it the least convenient. Adjustable incisors of such a tool are made of hard.float materials. The ballerinka is suitable for obtaining holes with a cross section of 30-90 mm and consists of several parts:
The speed of rotation when working with the ballerinka should be low. But in any case, with the help of a ballerin, it is impossible to get even edges of the saw. They will have to be additionally processed with nippers and, if necessary, sandpaper.
Using crows with diamond spraying
Crown. a special round device for obtaining large diameter holes in ceramic tiles. 2 methods of work are possible:
The first is most convenient, but requires frequent interruption of work and cooling metal. With a dry method, they are overturned slowly and neatly. Otherwise they will receive a burn on the tile or its breakdown. On sale there are both sets of crowns of different diameters and single products. You can always choose the one that is needed in this case. In addition to diamond, crowns may have tungsten carbide spraying. Both types are suitable for work with tiles and concrete.
We make holes of large diameter
If you need to make a large diameter hole, the following will be required:
Tiles must be put on a flat surface. To draw a circle of the desired cross section, a compass or a suitable round object will be required. Work technique:
- holes are drilled in a circle, placing them close to each other;
- Gently knock out the inner part of the circle;
- the edges of the saw are aligned with nippers;
- Grind ceramics with sandpaper or abrasive stone.
Tips for masters
It is not easy to make repairs in the apartment yourself. The complexity of novice masters is caused by work in the bathroom. A complex of plumbing equipment and engineering networks is concentrated here. Therefore, the advice of experienced craftsmen who know all the subtleties of plumbing and finishing work will be of great benefit. Among them are the following:
- A large diameter hole is permissible using a corner grinder with a disk on a stone or with a diamond spray. For this, multiple short cuts are carefully made around the circle. After which their edges are aligned with nippers.
- The template (conductor) is made independently from a small piece of plywood.
- Having drilled ceramics and reaching the wall, they change the drill to the drill, the diameter of which is less than 1-2 mm.
- Before starting work, it is necessary to tap tile and make sure that there are no voids under it.
- If there is no skill in work with tiles, it is advisable to practice unnecessary and inexpensive tiles.
Subject to the recommendations of experts avoid many mistakes. Independently made repairs. the pride of the owner. If you are not in a hurry and study useful information in advance, everything will be done quickly and efficiently.